PDA

View Full Version : Hogwarts: A fight against Evil - STARTS!!! LSUs welcome!

Sakura12
27th April 2003, 03:40 AM
The summer holidays are over, and it's back to Hogwarts for Harry and his friends. Since last June, when Voldemort returned, the wizarding world has been in a state of confusion. Some, like Cornelius Fudge, Minister for Magic, are still in denial, while the rest have banded together to fight the Dark Lord and his followers, who have gathered an army of feasome creatures: Dememtors, giants and dragons...

Despite the evil going on, life continues as usual at Hogwarts. Under the protection of Headmaster Albus Dumbledore, the students at Hogwarts continue to pursue their magical career, learning new spells and potions everyday, with little to no fear that evil will harm them...

You can play a student from any house and year, and choose whatever lessons you like, but please not that playing a professor is out. The most you can do is play a seventh year, and when we're done with one year at Hogwarts, you can request to be a teacher, and I might agree... No book characters as well. All must be original. However, you can play a relative of a book character... Do try to make your character special, and have extraordinary powers, as we will ultimately fight Voldie!

For those who have already signed up, please go find your sign-up and post them here. This is for easier reference...

Sign-up form:
Name:
Year at Hogwarts:
House:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Animal: (owl, cat, toad, etc. I'm accepting almost anything here, just no dangerous animals, k?)
Wand: (what wood used, what wand core, blah blah blah...)
Quidditch: (your position on the team)
Broom:
Classes: (check below for details)
Others:

Classes(for everyone, all compulsory):
~ Charms
~ Transfigurations
~ Potions
~ History of Magic
~ Defence Against the Dark Arts
~ Astrology
~ Herbology

(for third year and above ONLY, maximum 3)
~ Divinations
~ Care of Magical Creatures
~ Muggle Studies
~ Arithmancy
~ Study of Ancient Runes

Now for MY profile:
Name: Sakura Weasley
Year at Hogwarts: 5
House: Gryffindor
Appearance: Has long black hair that reaches past her waist, and bright blue eyes. Rather tall(taller than Harry!) and slim.
Personality: Kind and sweet to all (even Slytherins!) except those who are mean to her.
History: Pure-blood. Transfered from Japan recently, and is Ron's cousin(his father is my father's brother...). Father also died when I was young.
Animal: A barn owl named Midnight.
Wand: Cherry wood, 12 inches, and contains one phoenix tail feather
Quidditch: Chaser
Broom: Firebolt
Classes:
~ Charms
~ Transfigurations
~ Potions
~ History of Magic
~ Astrology
~ Herbology
~ Divinations
~ Study of Ancient Runes
Others: Attempting to be an animagus of a gryffin or phoenix. Have been trying for 3 years now, and is almost done...

And so, with 55 more days to go before Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is released, I start the very first RPG I've ever started! We start off in Diagon Alley. This way, we all can meet up before we go to Hogwarts...

~*~sAkUrA~*~
It was a hot August afternoon, and there were no clouds in the sky. I was going to start my fifth year at Hogwarts, and I needed to get my things from Diagon Alley. The hustle and bustle of the wizarding street made my stomach leap in excitement. Hogwarts was the best place on earth, well, except my home that is! My dark hair moved slightly in the wind. I pulled my list out of my pocket and read through it.

"Right, new robes. My old ones are tiny!" I murmered to myself, and I headed towards Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions. My purse was full of gold, silver and bronze coins, and bulging at the seams heavy. I knew I'd got too much money out of my vault! I walked into Madam Malkin's, and hopped up on a stool and waited to be measured, while looking around the shop. There, standing with his back to the wall, was Harry. He was in my house too. I got off my stool, and walked up to him.

"Hey, Harry!" I said to him. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Sakura! It's been some time since I last saw you... Done Snape's homework yet?"

"Nope. Who cares about Potions anyway? You've grown a little taller during the summer, huh?"

"Yeah, but you're still taller," Harry replied, pouting.

"Aww... Too bad for you then," I said, laughing. "Seen anyone else we know? Ron or Hermione?"

"Ron's around somewhere, I think, and Hermione's in Bulgaria, with her darling Viktor... And I think there are other Hogwarts students around... Not sure who though..."

Jus then, Madam Malkins walked over to me. "I'll do your measurements now," she told me.

"Ok," I sighed, and stood in silence, surpressing my giggles as I got my rodes fitted. After what seemed like hours, Madam Malkin finished and let me go. Harry and I left for Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour. I ordered a mint chocolate-chip ice-cream.

"So...how were your holidays?" I asked Harry, "I went back to Japan for a visit. My parents are still there you know. They only make me study at here because the magic schools here are better..."

"Well, you know better than to ask how my holidays were, Sakura! I'm still stuck with the Dursleys... Good thing Ron invited me to stay at the Burrow last week, or I would have died of boredom at Privet Drive! Wish I can be free from the Dursleys someday..."

Ron joined us, with an ice-cream too. "Hey, Sakura!" he said, with his mouth full of ice-cream. I smiled at him. He was my cousin, and that explained our similar last name. Looking over his shoulder, I saw more Hogwarts student coming in. I recognised some of them...

Ginger Cat
27th April 2003, 12:51 PM
Name: Ferron Livinite
Year at Hogwarts: 6
House: Slytherin
Appearance: 6'2". Build is lanky, skin is palish. Hair is black, think like Johnny Rzeznik's hair in terms of style. Some falls over his forehead. Eyes are a shining steel color. Face is firm, looks either blank or p*ssed off most of the time. Has a scar at the base of his neck, on the right side; won't tell how he got it. Walks with a calm sort of confidence, though his eyes don't look to be nearly as calm.
Personality: Cynical, o' course. Somewhat anti-social, though mostly he just hates people in general. Gets along well with some people, though he doesn't get terribly close to anyone. Emotional, though he doesn't always show it, and tends to express the emotion through music or drawing. When ticked off, he's prone to being violent, though he tries to keep that under control. Lately, he's been teaching himself to hide his anger by laughing or making snide remarks. He figures that it's better beating the sh*t out of someone and feeling the repercussions later on.
History: Comes from a family with a wizard father, a muggle mother. His house was always a mixture of the two, so he's been exposed to both sides of the cultures. Was sent to Hogwarts... Yadda yadda. Younger brother is Shade...
Animal: A wolfish-looking dog... Could be a wolf, he doesn't actually know, as he found him. Wirey and feral-looking, incredibly loyal to Ferron. Deep gray in color for the most part, with a black back the fades down into a somewhat lighter gray on the stomach. The animal isn't terribly dangerous is he knows not to be; hes never attacked anyone at the school. His name? Wraith.
Wand: Willow, 13 1/2 inches, core is of a dragon heartstring
Quidditch: Chaser (This is his first year on the team...)
Broom: Nimbus 2001
Classes:
-Charms
-Transfigurations
-Potions
-History of Magic
-Defence Against the Dark Arts
-Astrology
-Herbology
-Study of Ancient Runes
-Arithmancy
-Care of Magical Creatures
Others: Enjoys Muggle music quite a lot; owns a lot of cds, though he can't use them at the school and has to leave them at home. Did bring an acoustic guitar, however. Also enjoys drawing/painting and does it quite often.

Ferron Livinite ~ 6th Year Slytherin
------------------------------------------

The shops were crowded as always, with students, thier friends, and thier relatives shoving themselves into shops for thier purchases. Same rush every year. It wasn't the best time by any means to be in the alley, but there were certain items that could only be purchases around the beginning of the school year. In any case, the excitement in the air was at least somewhat welcome; it spoke of the beginning of the school, the arival of a new beginning, in a sense. Perhaps this was only a false promise, but it was everywhere.

My own parents were around somewhere, though I'd lost them quite a while ago. I had my own money with me and knew what I needed to buy. My brother was also browsing and buying at some location; I'd left him with my parents. I'd probably run into him eventually, but for the moment I was on my own.

Turning my head somewhat, I saw that I was standing beside the entrance to Knockturn Alley. Most of the witches and wizards around me seemed to steer clear of it unconciously, as if it fairly radiated waves of "Evil". For my own part, I'd always wanted to go in there. That was where the interesting items would be, and that was where the streets would be somewhat less crowded. There was far more to learn there than in Diagon Alley...

No chance, though. There were too many of my mother and father's friends around, and I didn't much want one of thier lectures. Although... What did it really matter? It didn't seem to. I started toward the Alley, set on entering. I was about to cross to it when I heard a voice from behind me.

"Ferron?"

-------

Sorry it's short, but y'know...
Anybody?

And yay RPGing...

EDIT. Changed the pet...

Snakes N' Legends
27th April 2003, 02:10 PM
Name: Terone (the II) Venema
Year at Hogwarts: 5th
Appearance: A tall dark male whose eyes are ruby red. His cloak describes both his dark and good side. Wears a snake amulet
Personality: No one can tell with Trevor. Most students say he is two-sided. He can be your best friend or your worst enemy. When he is on his good side, he enjoys chatting with friends, going to Hogsmeade. When he is on his bad sad, don't underestimate him.
History: It is suprising that Trevor (the II) Venema is in Gryffindor. His father was in Slytherin during the time when James and Lily Potter went to school. Trevor has more of a Gryffindor quality despite the fact that he likes snakes. Like his father, he is a loner. His classmates ignore him and he spends most of his time in the library.
Animal: A black cat named Nightshade
Wand: Dragon Heartstring, Ash, 7 inches!
Classes:
~ Charms
~ Transfigurations
~ Potions
~ History of Magic
~ Astrology
~ Herbology
~Care of Magical Creatures
~ Arithmancy
~ Study of Ancient Runes

Others: Like his father, he never liked Broomsticks or Quidditch. (except this time, it wasn't because of him smashing himself on a broomstick into a dangerous tree.) Wants to become an Animagus, a Cobra or a Basilisk.

Terone (the II) Venema
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This time of the year was terrible. It was Christmas over in America. I know, I have been reading too much but that's what I do. Since no one gets along with me, I just sit in the common room or the library. Not even Hermione sits near me. Maybe it is the fact that my father was a Slytherin and I am in Gryffindor. Sure, I can't speak Parseltongue like my dad, but I still have that fascinating for snakes. I sighed as I passed many students.

I stopped by to get all of my purchases. Then I saw Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour. Maybe I would just go in there and eat ice cream in the corner. I went up to the counter and ordered some Rocky Road ice cream. I took my cold purchase and went to a dark corner. Harry, Ron and Sakura were already there but they wouldn't notice me. Everyone ignores me. I don't know why but I guess they have some reason. Only a couple of day until I can go back to Hogwarts. Then I can start reading more books in the Library. Or have I read almost half of the books in the library.

"Sigh" I groaned as I eat a bit of my ice cream.

Tyler and Hobbes
27th April 2003, 05:33 PM
Name: Shade Livinite
Appearance: Dark blue hair, red streaks, shades, and a necklace with a snake on it
Personality: Goof off, joker, storyteller, he get's by things that way, has crazy ideas
History:Is Ferron's brother, in his house he felt like he had to be pushed to like muggle things, but goe back and fourth in liking muggle things and magic things
Animal: a Raven called, Shadow
Wandak,2maremaid hairs, 11 inches
Quidditch: beater
Broom: nimbus 2000
Classes: ~ Divinations
~ Charms
~ Transfigurations
~ Potions
~ History of Magic
~ Astrology
~ Arithmancy
~ Herbology

Others: his necklace represents something
and has a crush on Arlawyn even though he's a goof off

Shade
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mom and dad left, when I told them there might be a salamander in the forge.

Yes,dad was a blacksmith. I had gotten all my stuff ready.

I walked down the road ,when I noticed some of my friends were in Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour. I walked in passing by Terone. "Hey." I said.

He ignored me,as if he was in deep thought. "Hey,Shade!" called out Ron. I sat down next to Sakura. "Hey!" she said.

I ate my cookie dough ice cream fast, since I didn't have breakfast. "You know, you can slow down if you want to." said Harry. Sakura and Ron burst out laughing. I wiped my mouth,"So how's it been?" asked Ron. "It's been good."

SmearGal
27th April 2003, 07:35 PM
Name: Tori Kaii
Year at Hogwarts: 5th
Appearance: About 5'5" tall with light green eyes. She has brown hair w/sunstreaks down to about halfway down her back. Under her Hogwarts cloak, she wears a navy blue shirt w/a sky blue stripe on both sleeves. She wears jeans with colors that vary from a deep blue to black, black nearer her waist and blue nearer her feet. Black tennies with miscellaneous blue spots. She has very tan skin, and she wears a star-choker (little stars connected by a few beads between) that she rarely takes off.
Personality: She's very smart, though she acts like she isn't. Tends to stick away from crowds, because she doesn't know anyone that well. If she does make any friends, she tries desperately to keep them. May seem quiet to others, but she really opens up to her friends, acting quite hyper, sometimes. She absolutely LOVES Quidditch, because she is really good at the sport, and also because she can venge her anger on something smaller than herself. (Bludger)
History: She lives in the States, Florida to be precise. Her parents are Muggles, and she attended a simple magic school near the Keys. After checking out a book called 'Hogwarts; A History,' she became intrigued and saved up enough money for a flight to London, whereas she could start school in Hogwarts rather than the one she went to. Her parents smoothed it over with Dumbledore, so she stays in London for all the year, going back to Florida in the summer.
Animal: Sekieki the frillnecked Lizard. He's like an iguana with a frill.
Wand: Oak, Phoenix Feather, (quite whippy), 10"
Quidditch: Beater
Classes:
Charms
Transfigurations
Potions
History of Magic
Defence Against the Dark Arts
Astrology
Herbology
Divinations
Care of Magical Creatures
Study of Ancient Runes
Others: ...

Hmm...how to make a drastic entrance...trip over Ron? Naw, too much. XD! *ponders while she types*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tori Kaii

I stepped off the busy train that had pulled into the station. I looked around and debated which way to go. 1 hour into England, and I'm already lost. I checked the letter from Dumbledore again. Look for an owl by the entrance to the station. I read. 'Sounds simple enough!' I thought, turning my cart around and pushing my trunk in front of me. I spotted a tawny owl hooting sleepily atop the sign. It noticed me and flew down to land on my trunk, holding out its leg where a letter and a small bag were attached.

"Oh! Thanks!" I said, stroking its head and removing its parcel. I scooted out of the way so I wouldn't attract so much attention. I read the letter first. It was from Dumbledore, explaining where the entrance to Diagon Alley was, and how to get there. I noticed that within the bag was enough money to buy a taxi. I quickly pocketed everything and headed for the nearest cab.

----------

"That'll be 20 pounds, miss." The cab-driver told me as I stepped out. ((OOC: I have no idea how much a pound is compared to an American dollar, so somebody correct me if that's waaay too much, okays? XD!))

"Ohh...er..okay, one second." I dug in my pockets and handed him the money Dumbledore sent. I removed my trunk and lugged it down the street until I saw an old building labeled "The Leaky Cauldron."

"That's the place," I told Sekieki, who was sitting comfortably on my shoulder after he got out of his cage. I walked inside and put my trunk in the corner. Digging in one of the pockets, I grabbed my wizard money and approached the desk.

"G'day, ma'am, and what might I do for you?" The innkeeper greeted me.

"Excuse me, sir, could you please tell me how to get into Diagon Alley?" I asked him. "It's...my first time in London, and I have no idea how to get in."

"Ahh! You must be one of those exchange students Dumbledore's housing!" He exclaimed. "Got your wand?"

"Yes," I said, pulling it out from my back pocket.

"Good, good, now follow me, please..." He stepped out from behind the counter and took me outside into the back.

"Now, take your wand and tap these bricks," He said, pointing to them with his finger, "...in the proper order, or it won't work. Give it a go!"

I held up my wand and tapped them how he had shown me, and gasped as the wall magically transformed into an archway, leading into a busy street full of robed witches and wizards.

"Thanks!" I thanked him. "Would it be too much to ask if you could watch my trunk while I shop?"

"Not at all, miss." He nodded, and went back inside.

I stepped into the alley and looked around. Sekieki bobbed his head about, looking this way and that.

"I stick out like a sore thumb," I commented to him, nodding to the other people in the alley. "How about some robes first?"

"Ssss..." He hissed, and I walked timidly forward, looking at the signs and wondering where to go first. Spotting a shop with different robes all in the front, I entered and walked up to the shopkeeper.

"Excuse me, I need to buy some robes."

"Ah, another Hogwarts, I presume?" She smiled. "Stand on that stool and let me get your measurements."

I stood feeling quite silly with my arms spread out on the stool. Sekieki had slithered to a nice perch on a chair.

"My, my, quite tan, deary," the lady commented. "Where might you be from?"

"Uh, Florida, ma'am. Longwood, Florida." I replied, blushing a bit. Sekieki made a noise that resembled laughing, and the storekeeper and I started into a conversation about the weather.

Ten minutes later I was carrying a bag of Hogwarts' robes, and about an hour after that I had all my supplies for school.

"Still some money left, Seki," I said smiling as I looked in my money bag. "How about some ice cream?" He nodded fervently, so we walked into the shop called 'Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour,' and ordered a chocolate fudge sundae.

As I held my sundae, I looked around, wondering where to sit. I then noticed a table to kids chatting happily, all of which were bearing (in some form or other) red Gryffindor badges. 'Hogwarts!' I thought happily. 'Might as well be friendly...'

I approached the table where the talking died down. "Hello!" I said cheerfully. "Mind if I join you?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
O-o';; I'm supposed to be doing homework and my mom pulled up in the driveway so I have to go bye

MarillTogepi
28th April 2003, 12:27 AM
Name: Ezara Alne (Ezzie for short)
Year at Hogwarts: Sixth
Appearance: Tall young woman, pale-skinned, with waist-length, white-streaked black hair usually put up in some way, and mirror-bright green-gray eyes. Wears a small onyx hoop in her right earlobe, set with a tiny fire opal near the bottom.
Personality: One of the friendlier folk of her house. Tends to be rather aloof and withdrawn, but this is mostly around strangers. She comes out of her shell around people she knows and trusts. Tends to get depressed sometimes.
History: Came from a pureblood family (doesn't brag about this, though). Her parents were both Slytherins in their turn, but also part of the nice minority of the house. They kind of expected her to follow in their footsteps. She absolutely freaked when she got her acceptance letter. She loves almost everything about the school (She doesn't like History of Magic much...boring.)
Animal: A female cat with sleek, shiny midnight black fur and green-gold eyes, named Bastet. She's rather selective on who she will accept attention and petting from, and if she doesn't like you, she'll be very obvious in letting you know. Always seems to have a cynical, amused look to her.
Wand: 9 inches, maple, unicorn tail hair.
Quidditch: Chaser (3rd year on the team!)
Classes:
~Charms
~Transfiguration
~Potions
~History of Magic
~DADA
~Astrology
~Herbology
~Divination
~Study of Ancient Runes
Others: Also trying for Animagus, wants to be a cat.

Ezara "Ezzie" Alne, 6th year Slytherin

Ezara stood in front of Quality Quidditch Supplies, eyeing a particular set of Quidditch robes. They were a startling shade of emerald green. In her mind, she was making slight adjustments...silver trim here and there, probably a silver cobra on the back...it would be just perfect for Slytherin Quidditch robes.

She shrugged, turning away. She had bought her supplies already, and her pockets were still jingling a little, so she decided to walk around for a little while, to get the robes off her mind.

She looked at a jewel-encrusted turtle in the window of the Magical Menagerie. She chuckled at the thought of how Bastet would react to it, then continued walking.

Getting a sudden craving for ice cream, she stopped at Florean Fortesque's. Thankful for the cool air inside, she got a good-sized chocolate and strawberry swirl cone, sprinkled with almonds. She stood for a minute with her frozen delight, looking around inside. She noticed a small group of Gryffindors, among them Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. She knew the both of them, although not very well. The hunched form over in the corner she identified as Terone Venema, another Gryffindor.

Opening the door with one hand, she continued her stroll down Diagon Alley, occasionally stopping to look at some things. She slowed as she neared the entrance to Knockturn Alley, then stopped, looking almost forelornly down the dark corridor. It had a sort of hypnotic pulling effect on her, almost daring her to head down. She had unconsciously started to inch her way down the alley, then shook her head, taking a bite of her ice cream and letting the coldness take away the temptation. It was then she saw someone else drawn to it...she knew him almost immediately.

"Ferron?"

Mystic_clown
28th April 2003, 01:51 AM
Name: Tio Nova
Appearance: Looks like Zidane from FF9, except he has shoulder length, messy, light red hair, green eyes and no monkey tail.
Personality: This guys completely insane. He sometimes speaks in rhymes at the most unexpected times and totally hates gryffindor (but for some strange reason has a crush on Sakura). He likes to make things himself and playing practical jokes.
History: He's been known as the King of Fools due to his psychotic personality. This guy's tried to make his own wand (but it keeps exploding in his face). He's been known to cheat at quidditch by setting the other player's robes on fires. He's been told by his quidditch captain multiple times 'just because your the beater, doesn't mean you can beat the opponent with your bat'.
Animal: A fruit bat called fruitsy.
Wand: red wood, ten inches, mermaid hair. (the one he's making has got a dragon heart string core. He's trying to add a pheonix feather as well)
Quidditch: Beater
Classes:
-Charms
-Potions
-Transfigurations
-History of Magic
-Defence Against the Dark Arts
-Astrology
-Herbology
-Care of Magical Animals
-Arithmancy
-Study of Ancient Runse
Others: Like Morbrid, is trying to be an Animagus

I'll do his intro later.

Undomelin
28th April 2003, 11:56 PM
Name: Arlawyn Dumbly-dorr(lol)
Year at Hogwarts: fifth
Appearance: Soft, wavy black hair reaching a few inches past her shoulders, warm, startling blue eyes with a magnificent twinkle in them. She sports flawless porcelain skin that is slightly flushed at her cheeks. She is what some people would classify as "pretty", but she denies it with her heart and soul.
History: Parents killed by Death Eaters four days after Harry Potter's parents were murdered. Albus Dumbledore cared for her, and although she lived with a Muggle family for much of her life, she grew up believing Dumbledore as her father. In truth, she comes from a half-blooded wizard family, the Harts. Albus did his best to keep her real name, Arlawyn, but she is well known as "Arla" now. She did not come to Hogwarts until this year, her supposed fifth, because Dumbledore feared for her safety. As Voldemort's power grew, however, he decided it was no longer safe for her to live in the Muggle world.
Animal: Snowy owl, with three symmetrical black spots on each wing. Named Fein Cara(or just Cara for short.)
Wand: Redwood, 10 and a half inches, phoenix feather.
Quidditch: Keeper
Classes:
~ Charms
~ Transfigurations
~ Potions
~ History of Magic
~ Astrology
~ Herbology
~ Arithmancy
~ Study of Ancient Runes
Others: She has learned off books and books only, she had been sent a large supply of books and a wand when she was 11. It's the wand that chooses the wizard, but Dumbledore insisted a wand was personally made for her. She has almost completed her secret training to become an Animagus(a small Unicorn) that only Dumbledore knows about.
Personality: She's kind and warm towards everyone, even the Slytherins that secretly get on her nerves. She doesn't know anything about her past, she just believes that Dumbledore is her father and her mother has died long ago. In this way she could be considered naive, but that would be a mistake. Top in many of her classes, she is often compared to Hermione.

Arla
---------
Tick. Tick. Tick.
Dad had grown rather attached to his silly Muggle clock. In my opinion, it was hideous. And, to say the least- a tad noisy.
"Ah, my dear Arla," greeted a chipper voice. I whipped my head around so that my hair got into my eyes. Clearing my hair away, I realized the voice came from my father.
"Oh- hi, father," I said, still recovering from the terrible shock he had caused me.
"Dad," he corrected, winking. His boyish periwinkle eyes stood out incredibly, and they seemed to be the only part of his body that didn't look exasperated.
"How are you liking it here?" he asked, his twinkling blue eyes, not unlike my own, surveyed me closely.
"It's grand," I replied, grinning from ear to ear.
"Ah- to help you settle in, I've gotten you little welcoming present..." My father's white eyelashes fluttered slightly as he seemed to focus on me. He was nimbly holding a package behind his back. It was amusing, how old he must be, and he could still act as though he was a schoolboy!
He unwrapped the parcel for me, and I gasped as the packing fell away.
"Dad!" I exclaimed. "A Firebolt! Oh, you didn't have to," I moaned excitedly, gushing as he beamed at me.
"I've got all of your school supplies here, but I want you to go to Diagon Alley with a little pocket money, hrmm?" Dad, the snow-haired man I admired, suggested.
"Oh... but why?" I asked, blinking and squinting slightly.
"Ahh.. I want you to come back on the Hogwarts train, see- make some friends, you know."
I grinned and nodded at the man I'd been separated from for so long. He smiled warmly back, and directed me to his fireplace.
"You'll be travelling by Floo powder," he said, indicating the small flowerpot beside it.
"Er- are you sure about this? Does Floo powder really go that far?" I was uncertain. It was unlike me to be unsure of what I was saying.
"Ah! Regular Floo powder could not handle the journey. However, this Floo powder is rather different. Invented it myself, you see."
I nodded, still uncertain.
"You're in your Hogwarts robes, that's all you'll be needing for now. I'll be sending your trunk to the place where you'll be staying... It won't be for long, mind you- Oh- and here's your pocket money." My father said, his brilliant eyes glinting. He shoved a large bag into my pocket, patting it happily. I felt weighted down on my right side, where he had placed the money. "I'll have new, more custom robes made for you when you come back. Until then, make yourself comfortable. I've arranged for a certain Molly Weasley will be taking care of you until the day the train leaves."
He looked around uncertainly, trying to remember what he had forgotten.
"Ah! Here," he said, relieved. He picked up a gorgeous wand, it had obviously been custom made. "Mr. Ollivander says it is the wand that chooses the wizard, but I feel this wand will have a special.. chemistry with you."
He handed me the smooth, beautiful wand and immediately, red and gold sparks shot out of it.
"Beautiful. You must be a Gryffindor."
I smiled weakly, feeling he was spoiling me a bit. However, I didn't object to his kindness, and I shoved my wand in my left pocket to try and balance out the weight. I was unsuccessful.
"Take the Floo powder now.. you should know what to do..."
I grabbed a handful of the ash-like, greyish substance and dropped it almost lazily in the fireplace as I stepped in. "Diagon Alley," I said clearly.
WHAM!
I was there.
--------------
Ehh.. I tried to sound British-ish. 0_o I think Hogwarts is actually in Scotland, though, because if you go in the direction the Hogwarts Express goes from King's Cross, you end up in Scotland 0_o I think Arla'll be referring to her daddy as "Dumbledore" now, it's just too annoying to incorporate "my father" or something like that in.

Sakura12
29th April 2003, 05:04 AM
~*~sAkUrA~*~

Shade, another 5th year Gryffindor joined our table, shortly followed by some really tan girl whom I didn't know. Terone had decided to sit in a dark corner, for some unknown reason...

"Hello!" the new girl said cheerfully. "Mind if I join you?" We looked at her, not sure what to do.

"Err... Sure!" I said, trying to cover up the awkward moment. "Are you from Hogwarts too?"

"Not exactly, "the girl told me. "I'm an exchange student from Florida. My name's Tori Kaii, by the way. I'll be in the 5th year, although I haven't been sorted yet. I want to be in Gryffindor!"
(OOC: Is that right, SmearGal?)

"Cool! We're all Gryffindor 5th years too!" Ron told Tori. "I'm Ron Weasley, and that's my cousin Sakura. He's Shade Livinite, and he's Harry Potter. You've heard of him, haven't you?"

"Duh! He's the most famous boy of the wizarding world! But You-Know-Who's back again... Stupid guy!"

We laughed. No one ever dared to call Voldemort a 'stupid guy' before, fearing his powers. I guess if Tori had enough guts to say such a thing, she'd be able to make it to Gryffindor!

OOC: I'm having exams soon... :( So I might not be able to come very often to post... :( :( :( Oh well, you guys go on and continue without me. I'll try to come as often as I can during study breaks!

Sakura12
29th April 2003, 05:13 AM
Oops... Double post...

Tyler and Hobbes
29th April 2003, 06:07 AM
Shade
~~~~~~~~~
This girl had alot of courage.
"So, Tori , have you got all your supplies?" Harry asked her.
It sounded like he was trying to change the subject.
"Well yeah. So you and Ron are cousins?"
"Yup." Ron said.
I kept digging in to my ice cream , but I didn't know I had finished.
Tori looked at me funny, I still didn't realise I was eating from an emty bowl.
She started laughing.
Soon, Sakura,Ron, and Harry were laughing.
"You do realise your eating from an empty bowl,don't you?" asked Harry, much as he did the first time.
This made Tory laugh more.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sorry for such a shrt post,tired

Snakes N' Legends
29th April 2003, 12:10 PM
Terone (the II) Venema
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More and more Hogwarts students were coming in. The funny part was that most of them were looking at me. Could it be that I inherited my father's trait for avoidance? Dad always believed that everyone at Hogwarts hated him and avoided everyone. Even though he did want to make friends with Lily, James, Sirius, and Remus. Maybe history is repeating itself. There is only one way to find out. I walked over to the group.

"Um, hey guys!!!" I said.

Harry, Ron, Sakura, Shade and the new girl Tori looked at me. Maybe this was a bad idea but my father did the same thing in his time. Of course, my father gained his friendship at Hogsmeade not at Diagon Alley.

"I know I have been sort of avoiding you but only because I've always believed that you've been avoiding me. It think I think that ... because my father was a Slytherin when he was at Hogwarts ... and I am a Gryffindor." I explained.

I explained my father's history from beginning to end. Dad told me this same story a thousand times. How he made friends with Lily, James, Remus, and Sirius. Plus how he pulled a prank on Lucius to get James to actually trust him. Then there was the time when Dad almost became a werewolf no thanks to Remus.

"I know I have been avoiding you, guys. But can I be your friends for the rest of the year ... or maybe longer?" I asked.

Ginger Cat
29th April 2003, 05:47 PM
Think I'm going to change the pet in un momento...

--------------------------------------------------------

Turning swiftly in the direction of the voice, I saw Ezara--Ezzie--standing nearby, an ice cream cone in one hand and a somewhat dazed expression in her eyes. She was, like myself, a sixth year Slytherin, and not one of the intolerable people at Hogwarts. There were some who were better off dead--she, however, was well enough here.

“Ezara,” I nodded slightly, still feeling the presence of the alley behind me. “Good afternoon.”

“Same to you,” she smiled slightly and I smiled back. Was either smile genuine? Perhaps. At the time, my more urgent thoughts were toward the alley.

Once I’d been so damned close, I didn’t much want to leave. There was something down there, something calling me to reach for it, to move toward it. I was, however, quite effectively bound to stay outside of it now. Here was a classmate and, though I didn’t detest her presence, there was no only a minimal chance of seeing the alley before I headed to school.

Such was life, though. Perhaps during vacation I could make my way here. Hell, I could even get out of school if I really wanted to. There were ways of making things work. Finding them was the tricky part. Once they were found, they could be used to the best ends, often rather easily once set in motion.

Not a big problem, then. “Ready for school?” I tilted my head slightly, watching as she licked her ice cream cone.

She nodded. “Of course… Especially Quidditch.”

That was right… She’d been on the Quidditch team for--what?--three years now. Come to think of it, there was a chance of having her as captain. Captains were usually announced at the opening banquet. Captains and many other details. Details that wouldn’t concern me, no doubt, but watching the people who received the honors made for a fairly interesting time.

“O’ course,” I echoed, nodded, then shook my head slightly. I’d gone into a bit of a daze there. “Sorry ‘bout that.”

She shrugged. “Not a problem.”

I looked back at the alley, then turned my attention slowly back to her. It was probably about time that I had a look around a couple of shops just for kicks. I didn’t much want to look for my parents or my brother yet. I wondered what Ezzie was doing.

Hold tight… What had she been doing by Knockturn Alley, anyway? Was it possible that she had been heading toward it? Even if she had, it’d be foolish to ask… No, it wouldn’t. It’d be foolish not to ask. If I asked and she seemed horrified--which I didn’t think would happen--then she’d think that. So what? I did what I did, and my actions were truly my actions.

“Were you headed to Knockturn?” the question slipped out of my mouth and, upon hearing it, I realized that it sounded out of place but then, perhaps not so out of place.

-----------

Undomelin
29th April 2003, 07:12 PM
Allrighty *rolls up sleeves* time to interact!!

Arla
--------
I stared around inquisitively at my surroundings. I had gotten all of my school supplies from a different source, but this place certainly seemed interesting.
'Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour,' I thought to myself. I grinned and walked up to it. Ice cream had been my favourite muggle sweet when I was younger.
I walked in, expecting to see a few nice vanillas and chocolates, but instead I was overwhelmed by what seemed like thousands of wacky flavours.
I peered through the glass between me and the ice creams, and read "Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans" on one of the labels. Dad had advised me against them, so my eyes searched on.
I settled on a nice "chocolatey rainbow" and paid the cashier wizard fourteen sickles, and took my bowl of ice cream to the eating place.
As I walked in, I spotted a rather large group of people clustered around a table, laughing and enjoying themselves.
'Hogwarts,' I thought relievedly. I walked over to them and waved merrily.
Suddenly, a boy with untidy black hair, and brilliant green eyes hidden behind round spectacles choked.
"Cho!?" he asked, coughing and spluttering. He averted his gaze from me and awkwardly took his spoon and scraped his bowl.
Confused, I felt my eyes pleading the others to explain.
"No, Harry, that isn't Cho," snorted a red-haired boy next to him. He smirked and turned to face a rather pretty girl who cleverly disguised her laugh into a cough. "That's Arlawyn, Mum told me she's staying for the rest of the summer. We only have a few days anyway."
I was still unable to speak, and I averted my gaze to a well-tanned brown and blonde haired girl, who smiled and kindly moved over to make a spot for me.
As I sat down, I realized that the "Harry" the red-haired boy had referred to was Harry Potter. My father spoke of him so much, how brave and powerful he was for his age. The flame-haired boy must have been Ron Weasley, I'd be staying with his family for the rest of the summer.
Harry was still avoiding my eyes, which I thought rather strange, and I turned towards the raven-haired girl that looked a little like me. She smiled and winked at me, and began, "I'm Sakura Weasley, Ron's-" she looked at Ron in mock disgust- "cousin. Well, that's Harry- Harry Potter, you know- and errm, he had a crush on a girl named Ch-"
She stopped abruptly as Harry elbowed her hard in the stomach. Sakura didn't wince and simply elbowed him back. She shot him a deadly stare and Harry turned away weakly. He was still avoiding eye contact, he was obviously embarassed.
"I'm Tori," the pretty tanned girl said, extending her hand. I shook it gratefully, happy that I was slowly making friends.
"You don't look like a first year," said a blue and red haired boy who had kept quiet the whole time. "Well.. erm.. I'm Shade Livinite.. I haven't seen you around anywhere at Hogwarts.. are you new?"
"Not really," I explained. "I lived with Muggles for the longest time, but my dad sent me a wand and books and stuff without them knowing.. so I've known magic for a while. Dad wanted me to come to Hogwarts this year, so I did."
"Hmm.. my dad should know your dad. What's your last name?" inquired Ron.
"Dumbledore," I replied, smiling at everyone.
Harry choked again and Ron began coughing, they were both caught by surprise. Tori and Sakura, however, smiled at me. It looked like I'd hopefully have friends at Hogwarts that didn't gasp whenever I said something.
"Um.. so your dad is Albus Dumbledore?" asked Harry, red-faced from choking and finally deciding to speak up.
"Yeah!" I said eagerly. "He says you're really brave, Harry, and you, Ron, he's had nothing but praise for you- and he said a girl named Hermione Granger was really smart.."
Harry and Ron blushed slightly and Sakura chuckled.
"Of course.. Hermione's always top of the year-" she said. Her blue eyes glimmered, and I decided that she was extremely friendly.

Drusilla
29th April 2003, 07:32 PM
ooooh... bout time to get into the HP mood iddn't it?

Name: Morticia Grenwich
Year at Hogwarts: 6
House: Slytherin (seem to be quite a few of these no?)
Appearance: clicky the link in my sig! She always wears black (kinda hard not to at Hogwarts though...) and black makeup. Unlike the picture, her hair is a silvery blonde. Not Draco blonde, more pale-blonde-in-moonlight blonde. Kind of Veela blonde. It's long and flowy, and she leaves it down most of the time.
Personality: *sings* She's evil as she wants to be! She hates authority and likes to put people in thier place, which is below her naturally! She likes to be alone, but doesn't mind a little attention from the guys every once in awhile. Even thought she hates authority, she still knows when enough is enough. If a teacher tells her to sit and be quiet, she will.
History: Transfered from a German school in the Black Forest (but she doesn't tell people where it is, of course!)
Animal: Black rat named Isis
Wand: 16 1/2 Oak, unicorn hair
Quidditch: Keeper
Classes:
~ Charms
~ Transfiguration
~ Potions
~ History of Magic
~ Astrology
~ Herbology
~ Divination
~ Study of Ancient Runes
Others: She speaks German and some ancient Celtic.

Tell me if this is OK... then I'll post...

SmearGal
29th April 2003, 08:54 PM
^_^';; Yes, Sakura, you got everything right. I was wondering myself if I were to be sorted like a first year...HEH! That'll be a laugh! I get to threaten the first years 'cause I'm older!!! *dances with joy*
Tori Kaii

"I'm Tori," I greeted Arlawyn, extending my hand. She shook it and I smiled. 'At least I'm blending in...' I thought to myself.

"You don't look like a first year," Shade commented. "Well...erm... I'm Shade Livinite...I haven't seen you around anywhere at Hogwarts...are you new?"

"Not really," Arla explained. "I lived with Muggles for the longest time, but my dad sent me a wand and books and stuff without them knowing.. so I've known magic for a while. Dad wanted me to come to Hogwarts this year, so I did."

"Hmm.. my dad should know your dad. What's your last name?" Ron asked her.

"Dumbledore," She replied, smiling.

Harry choked again and Ron began coughing. I just smiled. 'So she's Dumbledore's daughter! I think he mentioned her in a letter once...'

"Um.. so your dad is Albus Dumbledore?" Harry asked her, his face still red, though I didn't know from blushing or choking.

"Yeah!" Arla exclaimed eagerly. "He says you're really brave, Harry, and you, Ron, he's had nothing but praise for you- and he said a girl named Hermione Granger was really smart..."

Harry and Ron blushed slightly and Sakura chuckled.

"Of course.. Hermione's always top of the year." Sakura said.
Post more in a minute, this was a catch-up-with-my-character's-thoughts-post for now.

Mystic_clown
29th April 2003, 10:53 PM
Tio
----------------
Using all the strength I had, I hurled a garden gnome I caught a couple of miles, till it crashed through the window of Gringotts bank. Thinking fast, I turned around and made a run for it. When i had run out of breath I found myself outside of Florean Fortescue's ice cream parlor. I looked through the window to see Sakura sitting at one of the tables. I've always had a crush on that girl, even if she was a Gryffindor. I walked in through the door and walked up to Sakura. I then noticed that a bunch of Gryffindor students were with her. I turned to leave when she saw me.
"Hiya," she said in a friendly fasion.

VirtualPlay
30th April 2003, 12:31 PM
Name: Mike Rampart
Appearance: Tall, around 5'10", with a tanned peach color skin, very short brown hair, and deep green eyes that always seem to be thinking.
History: Was just transferred from a wizarding school in America. He was moved because his parents and older sister died in a freak accident involving Ashwinder eggs in a local meeting house. The building burned and collapsed, killing many, including Mike's parents. Is now living with his wizarding aunt and uncle not far from London.
Animal: Cat named Cheshire (couldn't resist), a very mixed breed. Is rather round, with face that's anything but flat. Has alternating stripes of orange and white up and down his body, but despite all this is very light on his feet. Is also very smart and able to sneak around.
Wand: Blanchwood, 10 3/4 inches, core of unicorn hair
Quidditch: Chaser
Broom: Nimbus 2002 (hey, it could happen)
Classes:
~Charms
~Transfiguration
~Potions
~History of Magic
~Defense Against the Dark Arts
~Astrology
~Herbology
~Muggle Studies
~Arithmancy
Others: It was a Harry Potter RPG that made me come up with this last name…I've been using it quite a lot since then ^-^'

I changed a bit of history and changed a class, but nothing too drastic…

----------

Mike
~~~~~~~~
Fire! Everywhere was fire! The entire building was engulfed in flames, and the roof was starting to collapse. "To the rear! Hurry!" someone shouted. There was a mad dash to the only exit before a huge beam from the roof crashed in front of it. Everyone was trapped!

People tried extinguishing the flames with their wands, but it was too large of a fire. By now even the floor was starting to burn up. Everyone focused on the beam at the front. The extinguishing spells combined, putting out the fire on the beam, but it was still in the way.

The strongest people got in front and started pulling. It was moving, but very slowly. They gave a huge heave, and suddenly the beam flew backwards, causing the people pulling to ram into the crowd behind. Everyone was getting up as fast as they could, but a huge cracking distracted them. They all looked up and screamed as the firey roof fell down…

~~~~

"AHHH!" I screamed, jolting awake. I looked every direction, but I was neither in the firey building nor my own bedroom. I flopped back down on the bed with a sigh. It had already been a month since my parents and sister had died, but I couldn't stop imagining their death. Only a few people survived the flames, but none of my family was lucky enough.

I turned over and looked around the room, which had all my stuff in it. I was in the spare bedroom of my uncle and aunt. They were also a wizard and witch, so I didn't have to get used to living with Muggles. Not that Muggles are bad, it's just they live so…well…weirdly. I mean, they rely on electricity for just about everything they do. Even their wristwatches use electricity. Plus most of them don't even believe in magic. Heck, a lot of them are afraid of magic.

I rolled over again, looking out my window now. The moon shone down through my window brilliantly, calming my nerves. "Tomorrow I get ready for Hogwarts," I mumbled, drifting off to sleep. My nightmares didn't come back for the rest of the night.

~~~~
The next morning
~~~~

"Three up…two across…I hope…" I muttered, taking out my Blanchwood wand. I've heard not many wands are made with Blanchwood here in England, although it's fairly common back in America. I tapped the brick three times and jumped back as the wall started opening. "Woah…" I muttered, as the bricks rearranged themselves into a large archway.

I was looking at a very long alley, littered with stores everywhere. I started in, my money bag conatining all my money jingling with every step. Cheshire, my orange and white striped cat, padded ahead of me, jumping back suddenly to avoid a witch carrying a large tray of mugs.

"Careful there, Cheshire…" I said, looking left and right. "Well, might as well start at the beginning," I muttered, heading towards the nearby cauldron shop. After about a half-hour, I had gotten most of the things on my list, save the books. As I made my way down the street to the book store, I noticed someone outside of an ice cream parlor. Someone I hadn't met, but knew almost as well…

Harry Potter.

I shivered when another realization came over me: Harry was supposed to be in my year at Hogwarts. Cheshire bounded ahead, as if he knew who Harry was. Harry looked down at the cat who had decided to use his leg as a rubbing post. I decided now was a good a time as any to introduce myself. Unfortunately, I also just noticed that there were a few other people around him. Slowly I made my way over.

"Here, Cheshire," I said, rubbing my fingers together. The orange and white furball bounded from Harry's side and jumped into my arms.

"Nice cat you've got there," Harry said to me. To me! I was shocked at how…how…casual he seemed. "You for Hogwarts too? I've never seen you around," he continued.

"Y-yes," I said, covering up my shyness. "I've just transferred from America. I, uh, don't want to talk about it," I finished, looking down.
~~~~~~~~
Just don't bring up anything about his past; he doesn't like to talk about those kinds of things.

Sakura12
1st May 2003, 03:59 AM
OOC: Vampiric DrusillaTPM, you're in. :) And I've seen that picture. Oh do you look EVIL!!!

Mystic_Clown, darling, read the first few posts. We're not in Hogwarts yet. We're eating ice-cream at Florean Fortescue's! Please repost...

And I'm making all transfer/exchange students(besides me, because I've been at Hogwarts for a year already...) get sorted when school starts. In two days, rp time...

~*~sAkUrA~*~

More people were coming to join us now. Arlawyn, Terone and Mike, all Gryffindors, came over to chat. They ordered ice-creams too.

A snowy owl flew in. "Hedwig!" Harry exclaimed, standing up to catch her and pull off the letter tied to her leg. As soon as she was freed of her burden, she took off. Harry sat back down and unfolded the letter.

"It's from Hermione!" He told us excitedly.

"That top girl?" Arla asked.

"Yeah..." Harry read the letter. "She's coming here tomorrow, to get her books and stuff. She also says she's enjoying herself with Viktor." Now it was Arla's turn to choke.

"Viktor? You don't mean Viktor Krum, do you?" she asked.

"Viktor Krum, the quidditch genius?" Mike asked.

"Yeah," I told them. "Long story..."

Tori had a dreamy expression on her face. "Oh... If only I had a famous boyfriend like him..." I hid a laugh.

"Well, Harry's always avaliable!"

Drusilla
1st May 2003, 04:09 PM
~*~Morticia~*~
I swept into Diagon Alley like I owned the damn place. I hated it. There were Muggles everywhere. Bloody incompetents; why couldn't they stay in their own damn world? I'd probably never even spoken to a Muggle before, and from what I'd heard, I didn't want to. My friends in Germany had said that they smelled and spat at you. I'd never asked my parents. Not like they'd give me any different oppinions.
Isis perched on my shoulder, I wove my way through the crowds. I glanced at my list; I had most of what I needed already, especially in the book areas. Of course, I had quite a few books that Hogwarts didn't use in classes. They kept them in the library's restricted section. What pansies. The classes that they offered were pretty bland. My parents had sent me to Hogwarts because... why had they? I'd overheard something about the Dark Lord returning, and that they needed people in prime position. Whatever that meant... I knew about the Dark Lord, but I didn't know where my parents were in respect to which side they were on. I had my suspicions, but nothing else.
I picked up my books, and I refilled my potions supplies. I had robes already, Quidditch suppies, a wand of course... what else...
I stopped by a sweets shop and picked up some odds and ends. I was sorely tempted by the joke shop too... Fillibuster's Fabulous Fireworks were singing out to me...
Suddenly, I felt something. There was another street. It was dark, rather pleasant looking too. Just about everyone was avoiding it, but I was drawn to it. I decided to investigate.
Knockturn Alley, eh? Most of the people here were old and... disgusting. No wonder so many of these goody-goody wizards avoided the place. One shop, however, caught my eye. I wandered in.
"Looking for something in particular?" asked a voice that was soft and harsh at the same time. I looked, and behind the counter was a witch that looked to be in her mid thirties, by far the youngest person I'd seen in Knockturn.
"I don't think so," I answered. "I just thought that I'd pop in to look."
She smiled. "Of course. Are you from Dämerlicht Tochter?" she asked me.
I raised an eyebrow. "Yes, I am. Well, I was, my parents... How did you know?"
She chuckled. "I just knew. Perhaps you would be intrested in these..." She pulled something out from beneath the counter.
I came closer to look. It was a silver box set with various jewels, mostly opals. She opened it, and inside was the most beautiful set of Tarot that I'd ever seen. I wanted to touch them so badly...
"It's beautiful, who made them?" I breathed.
"It is said that they were made by an ancient seer, and that anyone who has the Gift will be able to use them without mistake. Otherwise, the power contained could kill the unlucky person. Care to try?"
I knew that it was a risk. If I didn't have the strength to take it, I would die. But they were so beautiful.
"What if I can touch them? How much are they?" I asked.
"No one has been able to touch them directly for almost two hundred years, not even me. If you can handle them, you may have them, no cost."
I couldn't believe it. Was I going to try? Of course!
I took a deep breath. I touched them... it was like an electric shock. I picked them up out of the box. The shopkeeper stared at me in shock.
"Well my dear, looks like you've gotten yourself a new deck. I wish you luck," she held the box open, and I replaced the cards in it. She closed the box, and slid it into a black velvet sleeve. She handed it to me.
Without another word, I left. What had just happened? I have the Gift? I had always done well in Divination, but I'd never had a Vision. Oh well... if that was fake, I'd at least gotten myself a new deck to add to my collection.
As I walked out of Knockturn Alley, I saw two people, a guy and a girl about my age, standing there talking. They had been glancing down the Alley... and they saw me. They stared.
"Do you go to Hogwarts?" asked the boy. He looked at me as if trying to place me.
"I do now," I replied.
"Wh- You were in Knockturn Alley? Your parents let you?!" asked the girl, apparently shocked.
"My parents aren't here, and I doubt that they would care. I'm Morticia Grenwich, I've just transfered to Hogwarts from Dämerlicht Tochter," I told them.
"Ferron Livinite, Slytherin house, this is Ezara, or Ezzie, Alne, also Slytherin. Isn't Dämerlicht Tochter a dark arts school?"
I laughed. "You may call it that if you wish. I see it as a specialised school that is more dedicated to the darker arts," I replied.
"What did you study there?" asked Ezzie.
"Mostly what you do, but I took necromancy and the like. I'm afriad that I can't give out details, though. I've only told you this much because you two are in Slytherin. I'm probably going to be put in there... I don't think that I could stand to be in any of the other houses," I was getting unusually chatty.
"Well, unless you two are going to stand here all day, why don't we go stop by the ice cream parlour?" I asked them.
The boy, Ferron, shrugged. "I suppose, I think my brother is there anyway. Coming Ezzie?"
"Why not?"
~*~

MarillTogepi
1st May 2003, 04:36 PM
Ezara "Ezzie" Alne, 6th year Slytherin

Ezara blushed at the question.

"It's never intentional, but the place just draws me to it."

She finished her ice cream cone, letting the soft caress of the melting ice cream tickle her taste buds. She was focusing on the cold as a way to stave the temptation.

Knockturn had drawn her for several years now. Of course, she could never gather up the courage to actually go down the dark stretch, and her parents had friends over there, so she'd be in for it if any of them saw her.

Of course, without the influence of the coldness, it was all she could do not to just run for it.

Just then, she saw another girl exit the alley...and her jaw almost hit the ground. A Hogwarts student? In Knockturn? Her shock turned into complete and utter envy.

She smiled as the girl introduced herself, and nodded as Ferron introduced himself and her. Dämerlicht Tochter. Magic schools usually kept their locations secret, but sometimes the names gave a clue as to the general area. Beauxbatons was French, Durmstrang sounded like somewhere in the vicinity of Bulgaria, maybe even Russia. This one sounded German.

And she took necromancy...more envy. Hogwarts was somewhat light on the dark arts sometimes. There had been memorable moments, like DADA for the past 2 years...Professor Moody's classes on throwing off the Unforgivables and Professor Lupin's weird creatures. Ezara wondered who'd be teacher this year.

Oh boy, more ice cream. She'd be really buzzing on sugar tonight. Nonetheless, another cone would be nice, even if she'd be on a huge sugar high.

Ginger Cat
2nd May 2003, 08:13 PM
La la la...
Me rented Interview with the Vampire.
...:)
Going to watch tonight or tomorrow night. Yeeeeeee. Then make more screenshots. Zah.
*end randomness*

-------------------------------------------------------

I smiled unevenly at Ezzie's response. She didn't know why she'd been there? My, the place did have a draw; at least, on some of us it did. Why did she seemed ashamaed, though? Ah, it was undertsandable. The palce had a nasty reputation. It was one of those places that has been degraded for as long as I can remember. Never had a kind word been spoken of it, and so most wizards and witches feared the place without going into it. Sometimes the magic folk could be as silly as they thought the Muggles to be.

Looking down the alley once more, I saw a girl approaching us. So, someone was down there. The question was whether or not she was a student. I could ask her. When she reached us, I did just that.

She said that, indeed, she was about to be; she was a tranferred student. From Germany, it seemed, and from a school that had much more to offer than Hogwarts. So I believed. Then again, I would've been fine at a Muggle school. The classes at Hogwarts didn't much meet my fancy. Perhaps there'd be an outside drama club this year, though. Or, hell, maybe there could be a band... I'd just have to find people to play in it. Later.

We spoke with the girl for a little while, I studying her for the entire time. I did that with people and though most became edgy or uncomfortable, she either didn't notice or didn't care. She didn't seem the type to care much, at least, not from initial impression. Body-wise she was one of the type that my fellow Slytherins called 'The gorgeous b*tch'... The type I was prone to calling 'the voluptuous nightmare who'll leave you to die'. No telling if it was true, but I'd seen the sort I'd spoken of--had nearly been killed myself by one once--and she looked and sounded simialr. However, it didn't necessarily mean anything. No, there was always a chance that somethign was entirely different.

We started toward the ice cream parlor. I hadn't really thought much of getting ice cream, but my brother probably was there, and I'd have to find him eventually. Sugar was, in any case, good for any time. I was reluctant to leave Knockturn behind, but there'd be another chance. If one didn't appear before me, I'd make one appear.

There was a strange silence between us; not akward, but not entirely comfortable. The part that bothered me was the ridiculous question burning in my mind. No doubt she'd refuse to answer it but, hell, it couldn't hurt terribly to ask.

"Why'd you transfer to Hogwarts, Morticia?"

Sakura12
8th May 2003, 07:13 AM
~*~sAkUrA~*~

"Anyone needs to go shop for more school stuff?" I asked, as people finished their ice-creams. "I'm thinking of going to Flourish and Blotts later, to get a nice book to read..."
"Let's all go together, shall we? It'd be nice..." Arla said. "School starts tomorrow, which leaves only today to explore Diagon Alley. Wish I had come earlier to explore. This place is so amazing!"

Drusilla
8th May 2003, 07:55 AM
~*~Morticia~*~
I laughed softly. "No dear, I'm afraid that I can't tell you why I transfered. I will tell you, however, that something is going to happen this year, and my parents wanted me here for it. I can't tell you more, not now at least."
I bought a simple mint chocolate ice cream. A group of students was leaving. Most of them were from Gryffindor apparently. I didn't like their attitude.
"So, those are Gryffindors, huh?" I asked Farron and Ezzie.
"Yeah, that one there's my brother," replied Farron, pointing out a boy with blue and red hair. I liked the colors, but I didn't like much else about him.
"Are there many of them?" I asked.
"Fortunatly, no, the houses are pretty even," said Ezzie.
I sighed gratefully. "They do seem to think that they own the place, don't they? If any of them had gone to my last school, they wouldn't have lasted a second. We had some like that... Never knew what happened to them. Some say that the Divination teacher got them," I laughed. Farron and Ezzie looked at eachother.
"We studied augries, but not with just birds. Or at least, that's what the rumors said. Personally, I found the Divination teacher rather nice," I explained.
Farron shrugged. "I don't take Divination. You do, don't you Ezzie?"
"Yeah. Professor Trelawny is a pushover. Just tell her about how every one's going to die several times n the next week and she's happy."
I snorted. "Well, if that's the case, maybe we should have our own private lessons? Intrested?" I asked her.
She raised an eyebrow. "Sounds fun. Sure, I'm in."
"It intrests me too, I may even look into it," said Farron.
I smilled. "Sure. We can start tomorrow on the train. But for now, let's go enjoy our last hours of freedom."
~*~

Tyler and Hobbes
12th May 2003, 12:56 AM
Shade
~~~~~~~~
We all walked past three slitherins, among them was my brother. "Hey." I said, brushing by. I could tell they were about to do something. "So whats the plan?" I asked Sakura. There were lots of places. Among them were Fay Farlonie's Flower shop, Books Bargain, and Aafen's afternoon amulets. I looked at the flower shop then said, "I'll catch up with you guys later." It looked like some of them thought I was getting an amulet or a book, but others, knew me too well.