PDA

View Full Version : Celebi Event! - UPDATE FOR THE UK

Weasel Overlord
3rd January 2011, 04:59 AM
Hello again! News of another event for you lucky American buggers.

Similar jig to the Legendary Dogs; Gamestop are giving away Celebi from the 27th of February to the 11th of March.

It'll be level 50, and come in a Cherish Ball holding a Classic Ribbon, and the moves it will know are Leaf Storm, Recover, Nasty Plot and Healing Wish.

As with the Legendary Dogs, it will trigger an event in B/W so you can catch a Zoroa. Not only that, but it will trigger an event in HG/SS if you take it to the forest shrine.

Now, I've done this event (I got me a Japanese Celebi off a friend :D) and it's bloody hard, so don't go along with a low-levelled team when you take Celebi to the shrine, that's all I'll say.

So who's gonna go along and get themselves a lovely Celebi? I am extremely jealous. :/

sourced from []pokemon (http://community.livejournal.com/pokemon/4083583.html?view=74102655#t74102655)

DarkestLight
3rd January 2011, 06:34 AM
There's also the Ash Pikachu event :O Falls somewhere between the Dog's events, I think its right before Suicune :O
ooh Is today the start of the Raikou event? Schweet! DS here we go.

Jeff
3rd January 2011, 09:43 AM
I may just have to get White from GameStop. Two birds, one stone.

DarkestLight
3rd January 2011, 05:41 PM
I just had a question!!!

Can you only download ONE of the Dogs >_o? I say this because I'm sure the Wonder Card will read the same thing. "Legendary Trio of Johto" and only have a different Dog on it each week. But its the SAME. EVENT. -.- I really hope not, cause then I'm gonna be irate that I have 3 friggin' Raikou's.

Blademaster
3rd January 2011, 09:32 PM
Screw this, I'm just gonna start trading for everything. Toys 'R Us ain't exactly around the corner, you know.

Ayeun
3rd January 2011, 11:19 PM
WTF? what about us in OZ? I want my Celebi!

Blademaster
4th January 2011, 01:19 AM
Sorry, not even Pokemon can survive in your arid death hole. You'll have to play a more suited video game.

Oh wait, video games are banned in Australia for being too violent and the ESRB over there sucking. Guess it's back to playing with dirt for you Aussies, then. Ho hum.

DarkestLight
4th January 2011, 06:52 AM
and boomerangs. But boomerangs are fun.

Telume
4th January 2011, 11:16 AM
Can it be done over Wi-Fi?

Jeff
4th January 2011, 11:48 AM
Can it be done over Wi-Fi?

No word on that yet.

DarkestLight
4th January 2011, 04:48 PM
No. Gotta be near a Gamestop only, for this one.

Link
8th January 2011, 03:01 PM
Yeah, this Celebi is going to be really cool to get.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
8th January 2011, 04:11 PM
I'm gonna walk right over to the GameStop store that is just 10 minutes off by foot and ... well do nothing cause it's a frickin' "not in Europe" event again.

royalina
21st January 2011, 01:12 AM
I'm sure the Wonder Card will read the same thing. "Legendary Trio of Johto" and only have a different Dog on it each week. But its the SAME. EVENT.............

Weasel Overlord
21st January 2011, 02:50 AM
I'm gonna walk right over to the GameStop store that is just 10 minutes off by foot and ... well do nothing cause it's a frickin' "not in Europe" event again.

don't worry, it was heavily implied in the Dogs event for Europe that Celebi wifi will be announced shortly. IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME!

DarkestLight
21st January 2011, 06:20 AM
Update: Yeah you can get all three dogs. Got my three Entei's.

Cammy White
21st January 2011, 07:49 AM
I hope the Celebi event comes to Europe. I think it's the only Pokemon that I've never legitimately caught/received.

I have one, but believe it or not I bought it on eBay a few years ago, ha ha. It's probably sharked though, so I'd like a 'real' one.

Cirrus
22nd January 2011, 11:27 PM
I like how an EXACT Pokemon like this was released in July. Nice to know, though.

StevieDeEevee
22nd January 2011, 11:32 PM
Still need plenty more pokemon but celebi would help a lot

Weasel Overlord
16th February 2011, 08:51 AM
Okay, so GAME have just announced that there WILL be a Celebi event in the UK after all! ZOMFG! Unfortunately, it is in very few actual GAME stores. I will have to go all the way to Sheffield (bah, long bus journey) - how far will you guys have to travel if you want your Celebi?

Feb 19th-20th (this weekend!):

Sheffield (Meadowhall): Unit 29, High Street, Meadowhall Centre, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S9 1E9
London (Oxford Street): 100 Oxford Street, London, W1D 9LL
Liverpool: Unit 44, South John Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 8BU
Bristol (Cabot Circus): SU16 Cabot Circus, Broadmead, Bristol, BS1 3BH
Bedford: 27-29 Midland Road, Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK40 1PL

Feb 26th-27th (next weekend!):

Glasgow (Forth Shopping Centre): 285 Provan Walk, Glasgow Fort Shopping Centre, Junction 10 - M8, Glasgow, G34 9DY
Brighton: 43-44 Western Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 2EB
Preston: Unit 8, Fishergate Centre, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 8HJ
London (Hamleys): 188-196 Regent Street, London, W1B 5BT
Reading: Unit 18, Oracle Shopping Centre, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 2AQ

sourced from []pokemon (http://community.livejournal.com/pokemon/4145829.html?view=74829989#t74829989)

Cammy White
16th February 2011, 02:04 PM
I can get to Glasgow Fort easily, but it's kind of awkward sitting on a bench there for ages while I alternate carts to get Celebi in all 4 of my games :/

Wish it had been a Wi-Fi event :(

ChobiChibi
16th February 2011, 04:52 PM
I LOVE that I'm going home this weekend. Mmph, thank you Game for making your Bristol event this weekend. Thank you saxophone for breaking so I have an excuse to go into town.

Kirst, I'll trade you one of my Celebis for one of your Raikous if you can't get to Sheffield. I think this is fair XD

Oh, unless it's HGSS only. Which would suck so many balls :/

DarkestLight
16th February 2011, 06:47 PM
naw, its dpthgss

Ultimate Charizard
16th February 2011, 09:52 PM
Hmmm....i MAY have to take a trip to Meadowhall myself.

Weasel Overlord
17th February 2011, 09:45 AM
I dunno, DL, I heard it was HGSS only. o.O BUT IF NOT BEX, I TAKE YOU UP ON THAT DEAL.

I so can't decide if I can be arsed trailing to Meadowhall or not. It wouldn't be so bad, but they took off the bloody bus there years ago, the massive gits.

Jeff
17th February 2011, 10:10 AM
According to pokemon.com (http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/celebi/) it's D/P/P/HG/SS. At least for us it is.

DarkestLight
21st February 2011, 09:10 AM
:D Yay today is Celebi. Getting my 4 asap. I been waiting too long to whip Giovanni's ASS :D!

Blademaster
21st February 2011, 03:49 PM
Bah... Screw events. I'm staying home and playing DKCR.

crown34
24th February 2011, 10:01 AM
I live to far from any legit Gamestop, the closest in Manhattan and I'm in Queens... so screw it, I'm staying home... playing Minecraft and Wolfteam.

Telume
24th February 2011, 10:47 AM
I might go get it. It's the first time I can get a legit Celebi :lol:

DarkestLight
24th February 2011, 04:37 PM
I live to far from any legit Gamestop, the closest in Manhattan and I'm in Queens... so screw it, I'm staying home... playing Minecraft and Wolfteam.

o.O The hell you live at, Flushing? Should be GS'es all over Queens.

Blademaster
24th February 2011, 04:56 PM
Telume: You and about 99% of the rest of the world, I'm sure.

crown34
24th February 2011, 06:39 PM
o.O The hell you live at, Flushing? Should be GS'es all over Queens.
Yes and don't even get me started.

DarkestLight
24th February 2011, 08:35 PM
AHAHAHAH Flushing got NOOO GS'es XD.

Cammy White
26th February 2011, 06:29 AM
Going to get mine today after work. Managed to swap shifts so I get to finish at half 3. Might just try and park behind the shop so I can try and get them without leaving the car, ha ha.

Cammy White
26th February 2011, 11:58 AM
Managed to get all 4. Tried to do it from a bench nearby, but had to venture in to the store to get the other too, as it was a bit too far away.

It was sooo packed! I never interacted with anyone, which is for best as I'm a bit socially inept! Also didn't have much time. Played a demo of Black though. Seems cool, but I hate playing other peoples' games, as you have no connection to the Pokemon you're using. It's like the rental Pokemon in the Stadium games.

Jeff
26th February 2011, 03:18 PM
Getting ready to leave right now!

I was going to wait until the 6th when I pick up White, but I was just afraid I'd do something stupid like forget to bring my games.

Dark Scizor
7th March 2011, 06:36 AM
What was the big deal about all of this?

My younger brother was doing promo work for Nintendo and was telling me about all these people that were travelling far and wide for the Celebi.

He also mentioned how Nintendo would come down on anyone who copied the distro cart haha