PDA

View Full Version : Project Runway

Asilynne
6th January 2011, 08:28 PM
Yeah, because now I'm all started up on it lol
If you want proof that Mondos fashion it's the fashion of the future, just watch the future scenes of back to the future 2. The clothing style of 2015 looks like it was designed by mondo! In the 80s they predicted that the 80s would be back in style by the 2010 decade, and so far it seems that way. I agree with what everyone said about Gretchen collection, it was boring :P

Master Rudy
6th January 2011, 08:33 PM
Well I could care less about PR but you are right about fashions in general. Things tend to go in and out of style. Remember the late 90's/early 2000's when bellbottom jeans were starting to make a slight comeback?

Give it some time......we'll see some of our styles from the 90's making a return around 2020 ^_~

Deadwood_Zen
6th January 2011, 08:35 PM
...I thought you guys were joking about this Dx

Andrew
6th January 2011, 08:46 PM
So any news on the newest season of Project Runway?

Have you guys ever watched any other the other seasons? The 1st Aussie season was fantastic. The 2nd season was great too apart from one major problem - The designers kept getting fabric lumped on them, then the judges would bitch at them for shitty fabric. So annoying.

Favourite designers though... Leanne from Season 5. Mondo. Irina (Total bitch, but girl knew fashion)

Asilynne
7th January 2011, 06:29 PM
My room mate got me into this latest season of project runway, and now I'm hooked so I'll probably watch the next season.although some of those judges are bitches, Heidi can be one but that black haired girl judge was so catty at times for no reason. As far as favorite designers, mondo was my fave, I liked a lot of Michael C's clothes, and I loved Andy's flowing wrap for the swimsuit challenge, it looked like a flower petal and I wanted it. andy's final collection had some outfits I liked and I thought it was a bit sad how they dismissed him from having a chance within the first 10 seconds of judging!

As far as earlier in that season, In general some of the outfits that got a lot of negative comments I actually kinda liked, and I was sad when that 21 yeR old blond girl got voted off (Angela I think? Can't remember lol) I wish I had gotten into it earlier because it actually is one of the more interesting 'reality' shows on. I like watching Top Chef now too thanks to Sarah XD

Blademaster
7th January 2011, 08:51 PM
What the fuck is Project Runway and why does everybody suddenly think I like it?

Going by context, I'm gonna assume it's the American Idol/So You Think You Can Dance/Hell's Kitchen of fashion. Am I close?

Telume
7th January 2011, 09:56 PM
If it's a reality show, you can already bet I don't like it. I never liked reality shows.

They're so overblown.

Andrew
7th January 2011, 10:09 PM
What the fuck is Project Runway and why does everybody suddenly think I like it?

Going by context, I'm gonna assume it's the American Idol/So You Think You Can Dance/Hell's Kitchen of fashion. Am I close?

It's a 'reality show' designer/sewing contest. They get briefs each week and have time/money constraints to design a fashion-forward outfit to best meet the brief and pass approval from the judges.

Asilynne
8th January 2011, 02:13 PM
They have different challenges as Andrew said, my fave challenge of last season concept wise was the NYC inspiration challenge. They had to create a look that was inspired by NYC and it's architecture and culture.

abunaidesu
11th January 2011, 12:53 AM

http://i40.tinypic.com/sq4jth.jpg

Master Rudy
11th January 2011, 02:56 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/sq4jth.jpg

Sorry.....saw the pic and now I'm curious.....
Exactly WHAT does Pope Palpatine have to do with this topic? XD

-bzWSJG93P8