PDA

View Full Version : Which do you prefer? Ash or Red?

chanveil
12th January 2011, 08:11 PM
That's it. I bet that 75% don't know Red from the manga series, but. Which do you prefer? Ash(Anime) or Red(Manga)?

Personally I think Red is awesome, since he actually WON the tournament he took part on, while ash got to the finals at most on ALL the tournaments, and Red's tournament was his first and still, he won.

Also, he isn't like Ash one bit. He is more mature, while ash is childish, stays always with 10 years old and always when he starts a new journey he simply forgets how to catch pokemon and all. Lol.

So make your input and tell why.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
12th January 2011, 11:01 PM
Hm, you had two of these or-topics. Nevertheless, Welcome to TPM!

On topic, I'm not sure if even 25% of the active people here have read the manga. Me neither. However, so Red grows up in the manga? That must bring some depth into the plot. But I'll still go with Ash since I don't know a heck about the manga. Also, it seems more easy to identify with Ash.

Blademaster
13th January 2011, 01:08 PM
Red because he's not a chucklefuck douchenozzle that constantly gets his ass kicked and is made fun of and takes it like a tool.

DarkestLight
13th January 2011, 05:28 PM
Red, for what Blade said and because Red is actually pretty damn elite. The Emerald Saga was top notch work for Red, and I'm looking forward to reading the new HGSS series

Deadwood_Zen
13th January 2011, 05:54 PM
Red because he's not a chucklefuck douchenozzle that constantly gets his ass kicked and is made fun of and takes it like a tool.
^

Galdr
15th January 2011, 01:53 AM
Huh... I could have sworn I answered this question on another forum. It was asked in the same way. o_O Anyway let me dig up my answer from there since it's never changed:

Galdr Wrote (01-12-2011, 11:40 PM):

The Answer Is

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs476.snc4/50513_318183861255_1949796_n.jpg

RED

I just like him way more than Ash any day. Pretty much everyone before has taken the words out of my mouth, and I simply agree to it. He is way more mature than Ash will ever be, and already started out being the coolest Trainer in Pallet Town when you first start the manga.

Great, now I'll fan-girl over him again. I just got out of my Red-oogling phase a month ago... >.>

There we go~

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
15th January 2011, 02:11 AM
Well, honestly I've never read the Manga ... but looking at that pretty picture of Red I already don't like him so I go with Ash.

Ayeun
15th January 2011, 02:17 AM
Red is dead...

He died on Mt Silver.

DarkestLight
15th January 2011, 07:20 AM
o.O? Yeah...Ayay-you need to read HGSS :/ Red is alive and well :D

Ayeun
15th January 2011, 07:32 AM
Lol. I have read all the way UP to the end of the DPP chapters. I know red isn't dead...

Its a Meme.

DarkestLight
15th January 2011, 08:09 AM
I know NOT this meme!

Magmar
15th January 2011, 11:43 AM
I would probably have to go with Red, because Ash is annoying and sets all his good Pokemon free ... although bye bye Butterfree made me teh sad ;[

haydeejamison
16th January 2011, 09:20 AM
Both but if I need to choose one...

I much prefer Ash...^_^

Telume
16th January 2011, 12:39 PM
Red, I've always found Ash annoying. And I'm pretty damn sure the anime would have been better off without him.

RedStarWarrior
16th January 2011, 12:58 PM
Hmm...I think I prefer Red, from the game, not the manga.

Also, it's one of my nicknames on here.

Drago
20th January 2011, 05:11 AM
I'll go with Red for a variety of reasons, but primarily this one: he actually uses his damned Bulbasaur well, and it was all sorts of blazing blue badassery by the time it had evolved into a Venusaur.

Not like Ash's little shtick of 'ill use all my new pogeymanz yay! oh blubasore u stay wif OAK'
Tosser.

royalina
21st January 2011, 01:11 AM
Red, for what Blade said and because Red is actually pretty damn elite. .......

TryingTyrants
22nd January 2011, 11:26 PM
I prefer Red, for the sheer fact the anime is horrible. (:

Cirrus
22nd January 2011, 11:28 PM
I really see Ash as a noob who gets lucky and godmods in all his battles. Red is cool because he doesn't even talk - he lets his Pokemon do the talking even though they're kinda not strong because no EVs and OMG BLIZZARD SNORLAX.