PDA

View Full Version : Weird TPM login

Magmar
12th January 2011, 09:31 PM
I went to check TPM out and noticed I was logged out for the first time in a while. When I went to log in, I noticed this was on the top left of the page.

The PokeMasters ForumsWhere're all the people at?

Just pointing it out, thought it was weird.

Jeff
12th January 2011, 09:54 PM
I can explain the "Where're all the people at?" thing. That's the alt text for the Unown Award image that usually goes there, for some reason, it didn't load for you, so your browser displayed that text instead.

As for being logged out, that's happened to me once before. Not sure what caused it, but it hasn't happened since.

ChobiChibi
13th January 2011, 06:09 AM
I was having logging in issues yesterday also. Even if I already had TPM open in a tab, if I opened a new one it had logged me out...

Telume
13th January 2011, 11:03 AM
Becki: When you open a new TPM tab on your browser, the browser treats it as seperate sessions.

You can't have 2 sessions of TPM open so thus, it kicks the other one out.

Magmar: Screenshot when it happens again?

ChobiChibi
13th January 2011, 01:36 PM
Becki: When you open a new TPM tab on your browser, the browser treats it as seperate sessions.

You can't have 2 sessions of TPM open so thus, it kicks the other one out.

Nope, I have two tabs open right now. Both logged in. Both happy as clams.

Telume
13th January 2011, 01:55 PM
Nope, I have two tabs open right now. Both logged in. Both happy as clams.

Might be a bug in the vBulletin code then, it's supposed to kick you out when you have 2 sessions open. That's how PHP is supposed to work. NetTALK's website does that to me all the time.

Lady Vulpix
14th January 2011, 07:56 AM
Telume: I don't know what browser you're talking about, but not every browser works that way. Different tabs don't share the PHP session array, but they do share session cookies. I usually open more than 1 tab and stay logged in.

Jeff
14th January 2011, 07:12 PM
Yeah same here. I have separate threads open in multiple tabs all the time and I don't get logged out. Like I said, it happened once (most likely not related to tabs), but it hasn't happened since.

Telume
14th January 2011, 07:30 PM
Telume: I don't know what browser you're talking about, but not every browser works that way. Different tabs don't share the PHP session array, but they do share session cookies. I usually open more than 1 tab and stay logged in.

It's not a browser, it's PHP code, if it doesn't have the array then you can't have two sessions logged in. I'm assuming you looked at the code and confirmed that there is an array that supports more than 1 session?

Lady Vulpix
14th January 2011, 09:26 PM
I have no access to the code, but I bet the forum handles session cookies.