PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: Overdue Secret Santas

Drago
16th January 2011, 07:21 AM
So Christmas has come and gone, but there's still a few loose ends here and there. Namely, some folks who signed up for Secret Santa, and are yet to have left a present for their recipients.

And here's the problem; if y'all didn't intend to follow through, you didn't need to sign up in the first place. I myself didn't sign up, because I didn't think I could make the effort. Nobody was held at gunpoint for this, and it's quite discouraging for people who did follow through, only to receive nothing in return.

Furthermore, everyone was PMed with the name of their recipient. Nobody had any excuses for not knowing, or even getting back to me about pulling out.

So here's where we're at: post your damn Santas, kids! Then we can all go on in peace, and not deal with the holiday season again for another eleven months. It'll be really silly to have to take some sort of disciplinary action for something like a secret Santa, but since I was tasked with this little project, you best believe I'll follow through to make sure it's done right.

Thanks! :wave:

Lady Vulpix
16th January 2011, 08:41 AM
You can do what I do on another site for my Covert Courtesy Commutation: keep a visible list of everyone who owes gifts and don't let them join another exchange until they've posted their presents.

Asilynne
16th January 2011, 12:47 PM
Yeah guys don't be like me ^-^() I took way too long and while I finally did it I feel bad because it wasn't amazing. That's why I didn't sign up this year too. The guilt will weigh on you trust me!!

RedStarWarrior
16th January 2011, 12:56 PM
When you are Secret Santa for a moderator, it doesn't really look good to not fulfill your obligation...;)

Lady Vulpix
16th January 2011, 01:47 PM
When you are Secret Santa for a moderator, it doesn't really look good to not fulfill your obligation...;)Does it look good in any other case?

Heald
16th January 2011, 02:09 PM
I say month-long Mt. Moon bans for everyone who didn't post their Secret Santas.

You have a week to comply.

shazza
16th January 2011, 02:56 PM
:lookout:

Blademaster
16th January 2011, 03:57 PM
In my defense, I didn't count on my MEANS of producing a gift not show up until a week ago.

Also in my defense, I have no fucking clue what to give my recipient.

Magmar
16th January 2011, 04:03 PM
My awesome gift was ruined by the snowstorms that have conveniently occurred when I have time off from work. I'm trying to be a little creative, you'll have your secret santa soon whoever you may be ehehe :)

Ayeun
16th January 2011, 08:12 PM
I say month-long Mt. Moon bans for everyone who didn't post their Secret Santas.

You have a week to comply.

But not everyone has posting access to Mt Moon.

RedStarWarrior
17th January 2011, 01:45 AM
But not everyone has posting access to Mt Moon.
Then they never will get it...;)

Deadwood_Zen
17th January 2011, 02:38 AM
I'm glad I didn't sign up. I'm terrible with gifts, and hating receiving them :P

abunaidesu
17th January 2011, 12:58 PM
I say we leak out their names and then ostracize them

MeLoVeGhOsTs
17th January 2011, 05:08 PM
Whiners:D

shazza
18th January 2011, 03:08 AM
Also in my defense, I have no fucking clue what to give my recipient.

Exactly my issue!

DivineAll
18th January 2011, 03:21 AM
Since I already posted my Secret Santa, I won't mock anyone for not doing theirs. What I will do is give some advice.

I didn't know what to give my recipient either so I just thought what would interest him the most or just give him something really interesting that I found surfing the Internet. Luckily, I found the perfect thing with the animated drawing site and all, and even then my animated drawing was not exactly a masterpiece. Just do something special that you know your recipient will enjoy. It's as simple as that. Sure, you can make it extremely detailed and complexicated, but sometimes it's the simple things that are the best.

Or you could not listen to me and just wait until next X-Mas and post two Secret Santas or something like that. Just sayin'.

Drago
20th January 2011, 04:22 AM
Since I already posted my Secret Santa, I won't mock anyone for not doing theirs. What I will do is give some advice.

I didn't know what to give my recipient either so I just thought what would interest him the most or just give him something really interesting that I found surfing the Internet. Luckily, I found the perfect thing with the animated drawing site and all, and even then my animated drawing was not exactly a masterpiece. Just do something special that you know your recipient will enjoy. It's as simple as that. Sure, you can make it extremely detailed and complexicated, but sometimes it's the simple things that are the best.

Or you could not listen to me and just wait until next X-Mas and post two Secret Santas or something like that. Just sayin'.
Limed for truth.

...I wish people still did that, btw. It was cool.