PDA

View Full Version : So, is Professor Oak the smartest of all the professors?

chanveil
19th January 2011, 09:12 PM
It seems most hold him in high regard and consider him the best. But I am not sure if everyone agrees with that.

Deadwood_Zen
19th January 2011, 10:15 PM
Elm. Fo' sho'.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
20th January 2011, 03:18 AM
Professor Ivy is more beautiful!

Drago
20th January 2011, 05:05 AM
I agree on the Elm front. I really can't remember him from the anime at well, but the dude looked smart, didn't he? Oak preceded Elm and likely most other professors, hence he gets all the accolades.

...I can't believe I'm actually seriously discussing this. Where did my life go wrong?

As an aside, Elm reminds me a little bit of FMA's Shou Tucker.
http://www.pokezam.com/anime/characters/elm.gif
http://images.wikia.com/fma/images/8/80/Shou_tucker-1-.jpg

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
20th January 2011, 10:48 AM
I say Professor Oak but don't really have anything to base it on except that he and his work and achievements are simply better known and documented as he just appears more often than the others.

Lady Vulpix
20th January 2011, 10:54 AM
I think Oak is the most famous, and his radio show helps him maintain his fame. He may be the oldest of them too. I'm sure he's good, but I find Bill most impressive; and he's usually not even counted as a professor. Maybe because he's not named after a plant.

The Blue Avenger
20th January 2011, 04:23 PM
Wasn't Oak a student of Rowan's? Then Rowan would likely have the edge in terms of experience.

Deadwood_Zen
20th January 2011, 05:48 PM
In the original Gold Version, Oak gave major props and huge respect to Elm. I might be a biased opinion, though, since I am a huge Johto fan.

Dryk
20th January 2011, 05:51 PM
I roll old school, so I have to go for Oak. I just think that he had the knowledge nad the awesomeness to be the bomb. And I've been reading the manga lately, and he's a champion there.

Telume
20th January 2011, 09:47 PM
Honestly, Oak to me just seems like the smartest.

Magmar
21st January 2011, 12:50 AM
Professor Oak, the original, and the guy who had the best starters.

Blademaster
21st January 2011, 02:50 PM
Birch.

...I like to root for the underdog.

TryingTyrants
22nd January 2011, 11:25 PM
Let's see...

Elm was so careless as to let a pokemon get stolen;
Birch got chased by a poocheyana (SP);
Rowan left his briefcase lying around;
And I've yet to play BW

So Yeah, Oak is.

Cinnamon Grahams
22nd January 2011, 11:26 PM
I think Aragari is the smartest.
Why?

She's a girl

Cirrus
22nd January 2011, 11:26 PM
I like Oak the best because while he discredits himself on inventing the Pokedex, he does seem to know what he's talking about. Elm's mind is all over the place and he doesn't pay attention much. Birch is meh.

Even though I can't understand anything she says, I like Arargi, as well.

StevieDeEevee
22nd January 2011, 11:39 PM
Oak is wise but with age comes wisdon so it might be between him and Rowan

Constellar
22nd January 2011, 11:51 PM
Nah I think Professor Rowan is smarter. He even shoots Oak down in one episode of the anime because he is lazier than he is.

Deadwood_Zen
22nd January 2011, 11:53 PM
The 'smartest' people are never really all there. When you have such a powerful mind, you tend to want to think more, then worry about 'measly' social encounters.

Elm ftw.