PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Fire-Type of any evolution

chanveil
26th January 2011, 09:05 PM
Fire is probably the element that has the coolest pokemon IMHO. Whether it be looks or sheer attitude, or sometimes both, they're just pretty awesome.

So what's you're favorite/s ?

I have to stand by Magmar. He has spikes on his back, and fire tail like the Char-family, and these awesome fire designes all over his body. Also two words, Duck Bill. Not sure why but that's cool.

In fact I like all of his evolutions. While Magmar is my favorite. Magby offers that cute on the outside, can fry all you're insides, kind of awesome. And Magmortar? He's a bipedal tank on fire.

Jeff
26th January 2011, 09:28 PM
Litwick, Lampent, and Chandelure are one of my favorite Gen 5 evolutionary lines. I guess I just like things that have a creepy vibe to them. Volcorona is another good new fire-type, especially for its signature attack which is basically a fire-type charge beam, only stronger.

Some older ones that I like include Flareon (along with the rest of the Eeveelutions), Moltres (along with the rest of the three legendary birds), and Blaziken.

Dryk
26th January 2011, 10:24 PM
Hmmmm, I haven't seen any of the new-gen yet, but I'm going to have to stick with Charizard and Infernape taking my top spots.

Fire pokemon really seem to be few and far between in the games, so I usually only end up with a starter fire pokemon though.

Blademaster
26th January 2011, 11:29 PM
BLAZIKEN ALL UP IN HURR

RAISE THE ROOF
RAISE THE ROOF

Drago
27th January 2011, 03:46 AM
VULPIX. I don't care how sissy I have looked for the last twelve years, Vulpix has always been awesome. Yup.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
27th January 2011, 05:07 AM
Magcargo.

Camerupt is pretty awesome too.

DarkestLight
27th January 2011, 07:00 AM
:/ Fire as a category should have more representation. But I'm really down with Charmeleon. Not Mander. Hell no not Zard, Meleon just LOOKED badass.

And no one can't love flaming Monkey poop. That's what Monferno gives me xD. Screw Chimchar, hate how it looks.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
27th January 2011, 09:09 AM
Ninetales since I'm a retarded Naruretard.
Blaziken and Charizard because of the epic starter evolution battle in the end of Johto league. Plus their general awesomeness.
Typhlosion, I liked the Raikou no Ikaguchi special, listening to Aratanaru Chikai right now.
Ho-oh is legendary.
And Magmortar because King Kaliente was a gift from Blademaster in ASB.
From Generation V, perhaps Shandera and of course Reshiram.

NOT Moltres because he's too related to Articuno in the second Pokemon movie, and Articuno owns him, no matter what the type advantages and disadvantages are.

Magmar
27th January 2011, 04:40 PM
I'm going to have to go with Growlithe and Arcanine... my user name, Magmar was truly the result of roulette.

Knight of Time
27th January 2011, 06:45 PM
I've liked Houndoom for years, I mean, even with their poor physical defenses, they're still pretty good in battle, when playing one of the 4th generation games, I can't help the possibility of getting one as early as I can, from breeding that is. Another favourite of mine in the Fire types is definitely Magmortar, as one of the few Fire types that can learn Thunderbolt...and besides, being as they have great Special Attack, well, any Pokemon that can get a move that can help it against one of the types it's weak against is a good thing, especially if the said move can help with more than one type it's weak to...too bad that isn't the case with Thunderbolt and Ground types' immunity to it, but hey, pairing Thunderbolt with a special-classed Grass move (even if it had to be Hidden Power Grass) is a good combination in my book.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
28th January 2011, 07:50 AM
For me it's a tie between Arcanine and Typhlosion.

Arcanine I like because of its Extremespeed attack has been my trusty starter in most of my G/S playthroughs.

Lady Vulpix
14th February 2011, 08:03 PM
Vulpix for sheer cuteness. Good moves too, even if the stats could be better. Although I like the Char family too.

Andrew
14th February 2011, 11:23 PM
Vulpix or Torchic.