PDA

View Full Version : [Club] The Dragon's Guild [LV Approved]

The Blue Avenger
7th February 2011, 06:03 PM
Welcome to the Dragon's Guild! Let's dive right in, shall we?

The first thing you ought to know is who we are. The Dragon's Guild is an organization based in Ulthuan. Calling it an organization is technically accurate in the same way that calling the Earth a clod of dirt with some lava and rocks inside is technically accurate - sure, it hits the main points, but there's so much you aren't getting. The Dragon's Guild has major influence over almost every part of Ulthuanian culture - it has divisions relating to Pokemon training, scientific research and development, commerce and economy, the military... there's even rumors that one of the divisions focuses on the supernatural.

Basically, if you're anybody who's anybody in Ulthuan, you know us, and you likely have dealings with us.

We, specifically, are the Pokemon Research and Training Department. Headed by Lady Ninetales, we govern the Pokemon Trainers in the region, much like the Pokemon League does in other, far-off countries. We set the rules (such as they are), organize events, and generally keep an eye on trainers to make sure everyone's doing all right. We also have an extensive library and research facility, top-of-the-line laboratories, and some very good barracks for training purposes.

That said, we are currently taking applications. We have pretty much everything under our umbrella, so whatever you're interested in, we probably have an opening that'll fit you just fine. Each division has its own set of ranks, ranging from the basic to the elite. If you want to get promoted, work hard and show us you're the cream of the crop! Here are the divisions you can apply into:

- Research & Development Division: The scientists and researchers of this division study everything and all things, from Pokemon biology to electronics to even cloud formations (thank you, Lord Castform). If you're interested in inventions, look no further.

- Arts Division: Interested in the finer things in life? If you enjoy holding a mirror up to nature, as abstract as that may be, try this division out. These scholars range from visual art to the written word to pretty much any other form of self-expression you can imagine.

- Philosophy Division: If you want to debate with other individuals about the nature of the mind, humanity (or Pokemonity as the case may be), life, the universe, or anything else, come join the Philosophers. The search for knowledge is always pushing forwards, after all.

- Military Division: If you like to spend your time training, battling, or even studying the art of war, then this division is right up your alley. You can either become a fighter and train yourself and your partners to be the best you can be, or you can learn tactics and study our foes.

Now, let's take a tour of the facilities. The R&T Department HQ is pretty big, and for good reason - people need their space. In one wing, we have the barracks - anyone interesting in training themselves and their Pokemon end up there, and usually wind up being stronger for their efforts. In the opposite wing, we've got our world-class laboratories, filled with people trying to unlock the mysteries of the universe. Our library acts as the hub, which is just as well - it's the major draw of the headquarters. If you need information on anything, well, this is a good place to start. If you're of an artsy persuasion, then maybe our numerous studios, scattered through the headquarters, will be acceptable. We also have an assortment of conference rooms and lecture halls, for those times when we absolutely need to get some networking done, and we've got a very fine garden in the back, perfect for relaxing. There's even a fountain there that water Pokemon frequently... well, frequent.

So, what'll it be? Interested in joining our ranks?

---

Okay, so that was the IC part of this thread. XD This thread will serve as the discussion point for the Dragon's Guild. Think of it like the discussion threads for the RPs over in the RP forums. Here, we'll discuss anything related to the Guild - upcoming events in the Battle Range, applications for the Guild itself, or even in-character meetings.

If you want a more in-depth look at the Guild, please check out the official website here (http://dragonsguild.com.ar/guild/guild.html).

So yeah, have fun!

Lady Vulpix
7th February 2011, 08:17 PM
I'd like to add my own welcome and introduce us: we're the Universal Scholars in charge of registrations and assistance to new members, among other things. We're also the main link between the Dragon Tamers and the Dragon's Guild.

You may know me by my Guild name of Lady Vulpix or by my common name Gabi. You've already met Lord Porygon, also known as Jeff or Blue. We will help you with any questions you have.

DarkestLight
8th February 2011, 06:12 PM
I guess I'll post my first set of quandries here.

I'm wondering what is the protocol for losing a battle? Specifically, does my Pokemon gain any experience-and (for this current scenario) does that count as one of the two allowed battles in any specific room?

Secondly, the random battle generator can be conducted within the current scenario correct?

The Blue Avenger
8th February 2011, 06:16 PM
I can answer those!

Losing a battle does nothing - you don't get anything for it. Gabi, correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I've always seen it is this: if your Pokemon doesn't gain a level from it, you can pretty much do what you like in your scenario stuff. I mean, I've had an RBG where my Pokemon fought four other Pokemon that I brought out of nowhere, but since they didn't level up, everything was fine.

And yeah, you can throw an RBG in the scenario as well. I did the same thing, and I find it's useful for getting some extra action in a post. I don't remember the last scenario post I did that didn't have an RBG in it.

DarkestLight
8th February 2011, 06:29 PM
I see. So the two battles per room stipulation only counts for those Pokemon listed (if trying for experience), and not any other RNG or just story development battle...meaning I can lose a few. Nice!

The Blue Avenger
8th February 2011, 06:29 PM
Yup, exactly. I fought three Pokemon in the Desert Room, for example, because one of them was an RBG.

Lady Vulpix
8th February 2011, 06:42 PM
Exactly what Jeff said. :) He's a good Dragon Tamers worker and Dragon's Guild member.

DarkestLight
8th March 2011, 03:52 PM
Hrm. New quandry. Do you feel that your stories should always have a battle in it? Or do you relish in the fact that once in a while you may write a story that's pure character development, with no fighting whatsoever? I'm considering doing the latter, if only to show off my sexay Lickitung. :D

Lady Vulpix
8th March 2011, 04:00 PM
The only reason I'm not writing more stories without battles at this moment is because I have too much work to do and I'm already neglecting it enough as it is. I always enjoy a good story. Whether there's a battle in it or not doesn't really matter (except at the tournament, of course).