PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY!!

DarkestLight
15th February 2011, 05:33 PM
THE ROCK...
HAS COME BACK...
TO WRESTLING!!

o.o I'm not a fan of wrestling in no large part. But when he wrestled before, it was entertaining to watch him. It was weird. When WWF was on Saturdays after cartoons, I'd watch Hogan and stuff, but never too religiously.

But I kept up. Then the Rock and Stone Cold came on the scene, and that made wrestling the shows to watch. Then they went off and I immediately quit, cause again, its just fake crap, and now there were not witty remarks being tossed about-so why care?

So now-THAT THE ROCK HAS COME BACK-I might tune in to hear his crazy ass remarks. Fills me with glee.

Now...how many of ya used to watch or still watch wrestling at this juncture?

Drago
15th February 2011, 06:39 PM
He's made comebacks before, and they've been short lived. I don't think he's getting in the ring this time, either? He's just here to hype up Wrestlemania and do some sexy mic work.

More tragically, the WWE is a tattered wreck these days. I know I'll sound like a stubborn elitist, but I would prefer if he had just gone to TNA, where all the guys from his era are nowadays anyway. Eugh. Feel dirty.

Blademaster
15th February 2011, 06:43 PM
the WWE is a tattered wreck these days.

Yep... Some things never change, huh? :D

Telume
15th February 2011, 08:24 PM
WWE? What is this WWE? Oh you mean the gay pile of trash that was forced to bend to the will of a wild life organization.

Katie
15th February 2011, 09:28 PM
I figured he'd get laughed out of anything wrestley after appearing in such movie classics as Tooth Fairy and The Game Plan, and we can't forget Hannah Montana.

Master Rudy
15th February 2011, 11:53 PM
I figured he'd get laughed out of anything wrestley after appearing in such movie classics as Tooth Fairy and The Game Plan, and we can't forget Hannah Montana.

Hey! I actually LIKED the Game Plan! Dwayne's a better actor than some folks give him credit for. In fact from what I can tell he's kinda like Arnold in the fact that he has done his fair share of both action films (Terminator, The Rundown) and family friendly movies (Jingle All the Way, The Tooth Fairy).

Hell quite a few former and current wrestlers actually are halfway decent actors. People tend to forget that what they do on stage/in interviews is pretty much acting in it's own right not to mention what happens in the ring is a ton of stunt work. There's also the fact that some people expect some of these guys to be just as mean as some of the characters they play. Look up any interview with Glenn Jacobs and compare it with his moments in the ring as Kane......and because I know some of you will bring it up the answer is yes. Kane has ALWAYS been played by Glenn. To this day I have no clue where the rumors of a different guy playing Kane came from but many people will confirm that it's always been Glenn. Plus if you are willing to search around online long enough for rare pictures you can find pics of Glenn in the Kane outfit unmasked and with long hair. Only reason he keeps it shaved now is because he was starting to go bald and actually had to wear a version of the mask that had a wig.

Anyway aside from the occassional PPV I may have caught if I happened to be at a resturant or bar that was showing one I haven't really watched since the WCW Invasion storyline around 2001 or 2002. I lost interest once people like Austin, The Rock and Jericho left and were replaced by the likes of John Cena. Jericho's return around 2007 as well as the return of DX got me semi interested but I never really had time to sit and watch. Now that The Rock is back however I think I might have to either find the time or move some things around on my DVR.

I will however admit that John Morrison seems to be entertaining and far more interesting that Cena:

yOO2ezCPcnY

Drago
16th February 2011, 12:45 AM
The Rock comparing John Cena to a box of Fruity Pebbles is the best thing that's happened to wrestling in the last seven years.

shazza
16th February 2011, 03:52 AM
He's made comebacks before, and they've been short lived. I don't think he's getting in the ring this time, either? He's just here to hype up Wrestlemania and do some sexy mic work.

This comeback is completely different to his Hollywood heel character in 2003 and 2004 return.

What struck me is the "never going away". I doubt he will be appearing on a weekly episodic fashion, part of the roster, but I'm going to assume -- or home -- from now on, even after Wrestlemania, he'll be making more semi-regular appearances like some other veterans do/did.

DarkestLight
16th February 2011, 06:57 AM
Yeah, he had me crying of laughter with the John Cena "impression". And when did wrestling turn "PG"? I never heard it censored before. Wow world, getting that strict?

Yeah I don't think he'll be wrestling as much, but he's still in good enough shape. I did laugh as I had a friend say "All the little kids are shouting "Why is the Tooth Fairy here daddy?" and their dad is like "KNOW YOUR ROLE!"

Yes DK-I completely agree with your statement. His return and that set of wisecracks was the most electrifying thing in entertainment in 7 years. Should be a good run to Wrestlemania now.

Magmar
16th February 2011, 07:59 AM
I stopped watching wrestling when I was around 13 years old... But used to watch the WCW before that, lmao.

Asilynne
16th February 2011, 01:39 PM
1999 - 2000 was when I watched wrestling, good times, I refuse to call it WWE! I liked it back when xpac, Eddie gurrera he Latino heat, the rock, mankind, edge, christian, Chris jericho's long hair, hardy boyz, chyna, stone cold, hhh etc were there. Now a lot are gone and the wcw trash invaded, I hated that storyline. But I might tune in to see the rock once again!

Btw magmar, I love the postal service! And that song/video make me laugh because the vid and music are so happy while the words are so...apocalyptic lol