PDA

View Full Version : TPM in 2022

shazza
23rd February 2011, 05:36 AM
In one month and one day, it will be eleven years since the TPM forums were first created. And to think, in another 11 years, it will be 2022: most of us will be in our mid 30s (some of you even reaching your 40s).

With the Internet becoming ever more a vital point in our lives, and social networking planning to connect us for an indefinite period, are we going to be around for many years to come? Or is the trend of inactivity going to continue, until we all cease posting and Kevin sees no point but to terminate The Pokemasters?

I feel that decreased inactivity is inevitable as we move onto new chapters in our lives; however, as I said, with the prominence of the Internet in our lives, and as long as Kevin doesn’t abruptly get rid of the site, some of us shall be around for many years to come, albeit with diminished posts. And with social networking only going to evolve, some of us may very well be aware of each other’s presence for the rest of our lives. Although, some of us will disappear and break off contact from what will one day be seen as a “previous life”.

I have a few of you on Facebook, so unless you cunts delete me, we’re probably going to know of each other for many years to come. We couldn’t foresee us still being here in 2000/2001, but I can see some of us still acknowledging each other in 2022.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
23rd February 2011, 06:01 AM
If I'm not the only TPMer alive in 2022 and I still have an access to Internet I see no reason to having stopped posting even then. You won't get rid of me that easily, sorry.

Ayeun
23rd February 2011, 06:25 AM
I think I will still be here, posting from my bunker where I survived 2012...

Magmar
23rd February 2011, 10:11 AM
Eleven years in the making. I'll still be here. <3

Mikachu Yukitatsu
23rd February 2011, 11:56 AM
I think I will still be here, posting from my bunker where I survived 2012...

I have thought about this for the past few years, and this is why I said 'If I'm not the only TPMer alive in 2022'. Tornadoes, typhoons, floods, tsunami, volcanoes, earthquakes, deforestation, (civil) wars and other catastrophes always seem to miss Finland only.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
23rd February 2011, 12:05 PM
I'll be hanging around TPM till it closes down, whether that's in 2012 or 2050.

Blademaster
23rd February 2011, 03:00 PM
Fucking 2012 idiocy... I'll be here until at LEAST 2013, thanks. I'm only 23. I have plenty more years to blow posting here.

Telume
23rd February 2011, 05:50 PM
I'll be here 'til it closes, if it ever does.

Systematic Revolution
26th February 2011, 07:04 PM
I will remember this thread and pop back in on January 1, 2022 just to say hi, like I typically do once a year.

Number1ChanseyFan
26th February 2011, 10:38 PM
Well I will probably still be around, old, but still around. I will probably still be playing the games too, even though I will be really old by then and there will probably be over 1000 Pokemon. I anticipate that I will be making about $50 an hour, which sounds impressive but by then it will be the same as what I am doing now, barely above middle wage, and an hour of work will be worth half a gallon of gas, but hey at least hopefully I will have those student loans paid off, right?!

Oh and I will be complaining about how it has been 74 years since the Indians won the World Series... and some Cubs fan will tell me to shut up because it still isn't as bad as what they are going through.

And I still probably won't have a facebook account XD

RedStarWarrior
28th February 2011, 06:20 PM
I predict that TPM will have an interactive Pokémon sex simulator.

Just kidding...maybe. I don't know, but I'll probably still be around.

abunaidesu
28th February 2011, 07:46 PM
i'll be in my 30's so hopefully i won't still be here yo

Bear
1st March 2011, 11:18 AM
No offense to y'all, but i hope that by 2022 my life is exciting enough that I won't need to post here. J/S

Blademaster
1st March 2011, 05:05 PM
That hurts Bear. I thought you loved us. :cry:

Dark Scizor
7th March 2011, 06:40 AM
Hopefully TPM will still be around.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Even if I don't post or visit here that often these days, it's nice knowing it's still around.

Here's to another 11 years...

Dark-San
8th March 2011, 08:15 AM
Depends. If situation does allow, I will still stick my butt around. But I won't be around for eternity. That is for sure.

Blademaster
8th March 2011, 11:53 AM
Think you mean 'for ETERNITY,' chief. Not 'for eternally.'