PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft=Hell?

crown34
24th February 2011, 09:57 PM
I was surfing the net looking for stuff on minecraft and this:http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=51266 Idiots... discuss?

Jeff
24th February 2011, 10:15 PM
Looks like a parody to me.

Either that or the forums are legit, but non-extremists are joining and having way too much fun with it.

crown34
24th February 2011, 10:18 PM
Read through the entire board the idiots inhabiting the forum seriously need to spend some time in the mental institute.

Blademaster
24th February 2011, 10:33 PM
Not a real site. Satirical. Hopefully you got fewer aneurysms before discovering this fact than I did.

Jeff
24th February 2011, 10:49 PM
I tried and tried to find the "OK guys, this is really a parody" thread, but alas, nothing.

It's just that they have such a twisted view of Christianity that I can't possibly take them seriously.

But I do remember many years ago, skimming a few pages of a book that tried to claim that Pokemon and Harry Potter are evil. Some of the big points I remember.
-Pokémon is short for Pocket Monsters, monsters are evil, therefore Pokémon are evil.
-There are Psychic-type pokemon, Christians don't believe in psychic powers, therefore Pokémon are evil.
-There are Ghost-type Pokemon, ghosts are spirits, there are only two types of spirits in Christianity, angels and demons, Pokemon aren't angels because they don't follow God, so they must be demons, and thus evil.
-Drowzee is based on some eastern mythological creature, so for some reason it must be evil.
And, I wish I was making this up but:
-Pokémon references Darwinian evolution, which goes against Christian teachings. Therefore, Pokemon must have been designed to take kids away from God.

So I guess there really are people who are that crazy.

Edit:

Not a real site. Satirical. Hopefully you got fewer aneurysms before discovering this fact than I did.

I figured as such. I guess when it comes to extremists it really is hard to tell the real ones from the parodies.

Leon-IH
25th February 2011, 09:59 PM
It's very definitely Satirical.

Telume
26th February 2011, 11:59 AM
It's really hard to tell though, with the clusterfuck of crap that goes on in there.