PDA

View Full Version : WiFi Event: Liberty Pass and Victiny

Lady Vulpix
1st March 2011, 01:46 PM
The English version of Pokémon Black and White will be launched on the 6th of March and, from that same day and until the 10th of April, those with a NintendoŽ Wi-Fi Connection will be able to download the Liberty Pass.

The Liberty Pass has been announced by Nintendo as the only means to catch Victiny, the Fire-Psychic Pokémon with a set of exclusive moves and the Victory Star Ability, which raises its accuracy, as well as the accuracy of its allies in tag-team battles. Once downloaded, you will need to reach a certain location in the game and use the pass to board the ship that will take you to the location where Victiny can be found.

Blademaster
1st March 2011, 05:09 PM
Not totally related, but how is that thing's name pronounced? Is it 'vik-TIE-nee,' or 'VIK-tuh-nee?' I don't know if the emphasis is on the 'Victory' part of its name or the 'Tiny' part of it.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
2nd March 2011, 03:57 AM
I think 'VIK-tuh-nee' is closer to correct. If that's the one that resembles Victory, that is. Victiny's Japanese name IS Bikutini, NOT Bikutaini.

Lady Vulpix
2nd March 2011, 08:14 AM
It seems that way to me too, but then again, neither me nor Mikachu are native English speakers.

Jeff
2nd March 2011, 09:55 AM
When I first saw it, I pronounced it vic-TEE-nee. Still do.

Lady Vulpix
2nd March 2011, 11:12 AM
Like Dratini? It's also a possibility.

Blademaster
2nd March 2011, 03:51 PM
That's another possibility... Guess we're just gonna have to wait for its inevitable movie appearance and go off of that.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
3rd March 2011, 04:46 AM
http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21745

Telume
3rd March 2011, 01:19 PM
I think Italian when I pronounce Victini, you know, the Panini? :P