PDA

View Full Version : Where are you in your Black or White playthrough?

Pages : 1 [2]

Jeff
9th May 2011, 01:56 PM
You can catch a Riolu in Challenger's Cave.

classy_cat18
9th May 2011, 02:37 PM
Well...I'd rather breed one from one of my champs but I guess catching one from there would be quicker...

I'm already missing those Platinum Move Tutors. Oh well, I'm a-hunting.

DarkestLight
9th May 2011, 06:42 PM
o.o I Always clog gts with crap trades. I'm always giving away Spiritombs for crap like Zekrom and Reshiram. xD

classy_cat18
9th May 2011, 08:08 PM
Probably because Spiritomb is such a pain to get if you don't have a lot of friends. Although when I see a trade like that, I'm wondering if they're using hacked Pokemon or whatever they are.

Every time I look for a less rare Pokemon, they always want something crazy for it. Yeah, like I'm gonna give you my Cresselia for a Munchlax.

Poryhedron
9th May 2011, 10:02 PM
Don't underestimate the value of Spiritomb. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who basically have no hope of getting one without GTS; I'm one of them.

DarkestLight
9th May 2011, 10:15 PM
:/ I didnt have alot of friends, I just ABUUUSED the Nintendo store wifi and found 32 people there back in DP release days.

Nowadays I seriously just breed tomb's :/ I think I gave Blade like 15 at one time cause I was sick of them clogging up my Diamond XD.

I also hate when I look for one trade..err its better to explain. I wanted a Porygon2.

I look up P2, sees someone wants a Charizard for it. I check Charizard, see someone want a Hypno for it, check Hypno, see someone wants a Rapidash for it (all lvl 100 thus far -.-), find a Rapidash that someone wants a damn Bulbasaur for. Ok. I have Bulba. I HATE when I have to DO that >O 5 card monte trades are aggravating.

And that whole I have lvl 3 Woobat, wants LVL 100 Blissey? Yah you want me to be violent. :/ But I haven't seen much DW stuff up on GTS yet :/ Then again, I'm not sure what I'd be looking for. How come we can't see the natures or Abilities of the Pokemon before they're traded to us?

Blademaster
10th May 2011, 05:31 PM
You and me both, Darkly. That chain-trading shit is a hassle. I know not from Pokemon, but from TF2. Still, the premise is basically the same, as I will now diagram:

1. xXx1337$n1p4hxXx[MLG] has Bladewantsthis Hat and wants Shitty Hat 1 for it.

2. ^_^:3NaRuToLoVeR<(^o^)> has Shitty Hat 1 and wants Shitty Hat 2 for it.

3. milhouse-in-sparta-behind-9001-proxies has Shitty Hat 2 and wants Expensive Hat 1 for it.

4. Johnny_Noscope with a Sydney Sleeper and a score of 3 after 4 hours has Expensive Hat 1 and wants Expensive Hat 2 for it.

5. +(~Yiffy_McDogfucker~)+[FUR] has Expensive Hat 2 and wants Shitty Hat 3 for it.

6. evenwithan80characterlimitIcantfitmygarbledmessofr andomkeyboardbanginginthisspac
has Shitty Hat 3 and wants Blade's Favorite Hat for it.

7. Fine, whatever.

8. Go through all the hoops of trading.

9. xXx1337$n1p4hxXx[MLG] has disconnected.

10. http://images.hugi.is/leikir/159913.jpg

11. http://www.dictailgate.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/computer-out-window.jpg

MeLoVeGhOsTs
11th May 2011, 03:31 AM
Five stars!

EDIT: Restarted White, currently in Driftveil City.

l.35 Sado (Throh) [Careful]: Circle Throw | Revenge | Body Slam | Bulk Up
l.35 Yuri (Darmantian) [Naughty]: Fire Punch | Headbutt | Hammer Arm | Flare Blitz
l. 29 Kurenai (Deerling) [Adamant]: Jump Kick | Faint Attack | Retaliate | Leech Seed

Didn't feel like using a starter, so caught myself a Patrat as soon as possible and trained it up to be a capturer later. It's now at level 23 with Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, Super Fang and Crunch; only thing missing is Mean Look at 36, but not sure if I wanna go through trouble of raising him some more.

Caught atleast 30 Throh to select my 'starter', finally settled on a sp.def + ability in combination with Bulk Up. This thing is seriously a beast, so much bulk combined with Revenge (which is great with it's horrible speed). Circle Throw it's signature move is also whopping! Critical Hit bitches.

Not even gonna start on Darmantian, since everyone already knows how powerful it is. Deerling is in training now and is probably gonna go Double Edge + Jump Kick + Wild Bolt + Horn Leech (for recovery of those recoil attacks and possible jump kick failing). Can't wait to evolve it.

Blademaster
11th May 2011, 03:41 PM
Oh God don't mention Throh... Marshal's KO'd more of my team than ANYTHING else in the Pokemon League.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
12th May 2011, 03:38 AM
Yeah, Sawk is gonna be used more because of higher attack and speed; but man I'd choose Throh over Sawk anyday:D

Blademaster
12th May 2011, 12:33 PM
I've actually heard a lot of people say Sawk isn't that good. They called it the Hitmonchan of Gen V.

I can't personally attest to that being right or wrong.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
12th May 2011, 04:03 PM
Well, Sawk has 125 base attack and 85 speed. True, 85 speed isn't that much, but it's pretty decent. Combine that with that 125 attack and Close Combat, Earthquake, Stone Edge or the Sub/Berry/Endure/Reversal combo and it's on.

Payback Throh = god.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
17th May 2011, 09:02 AM
l.69 Sado (Throh) [Careful]: Storm Throw | Revenge | Body Slam | Bulk Up
l.71 Yuri (Darmantian) [Naughty]: Fire Punch | Strength | Flare Blitz | Superpower
l.70 Kurenai (Deerling) [Adamant]: Jump Kick | Megahorn | Double-edge | Horn Leech
l.70 Jellicent (Cap.cap) [Mild]: Surf | Will-o-Wisp | Recover | Hex
l.70 Bisharp (Wabisuke) [Brave]: Sworsdance | Brick Break | Night Slash | Iron Head

Just beat Cynthia. FUCK! Could handle everything 'cept for Garchomp. Luckily Throh was there again to save the day. With two Bulk Ups under it's belt (haha) he Body Slammed Chomp into paralysis and then started to kill him.

Reminding you I play in Set mode, meaning there's no switching after a dead poke. This made Cap.Cap really shine out, using his Three immunities. Would send out Darmantian to trigger Hydro Pump and use it to heal Cap.cap, who has Water absorb btw.

Love the game even more, since it's so big.

Kyurem, hiya! My favorite legendary ever.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
18th May 2011, 07:34 AM
Double, no wait, triple post.

Was going to add a Weavile, since I needed a revenge killer and speed. Needed to bred for Icepunch, though and only pokes that learn it by level up are Hitmonchan and Jynx. Jynx was available, but those are only females.. Impossible. Then Abomasnow, Dusknoir and Medicham get them via Heart Scale, but those aren't available too. Damn. Ice Shard was fine too, but then I'd need to breed a new Sneasel, since he'd already gone past Night Slash level (as a Weavile). Just decided to storm E4 with 5 poke's, like usual.

Beat Alder. Once again, Throh saved the day. Bulk Up is my friend, made me handle hits better (with Sp.Def nature, good defense and great HP) and gave me the attack power to actually sweep. Couldn't have asked for a better starter. To damn awesome for words.

Final team:

l.78 Sado (Throh) [Careful]: Storm Throw | Revenge | Earthquake | Bulk Up
l.78 Yuri (Darmantian) [Naughty]: Fire Blitz | Earthquake | Stone Edge | Superpower
l.76 Kurenai (Deerling) [Adamant]: Jump Kick | Megahorn | Double-edge | Horn Leech
l.78 Jellicent (Cap.cap) [Mild]: Surf | Will-o-Wisp | Recover | Hex
l.77 Bisharp (Wabisuke) [Brave]: Sworsdance | Stone Edge | Night Slash | Iron Head

Most usefull pokemon: Throh ofcourse. Never knew this guy was so sturdy. Jellicent, although it fainted a lot (due poor physical defense), it actually came out quite the tank, leftovers, great HP and good sp.def made a great combination with Throh.

Less usefull pokemon: Bisharp. Expected so much of this powerranger. Meh, Iron Head and Night Slash are ok, but only 70 and 80 basepower. Yes, he had Swordsdance, but is to slow to pull anything off. I needed Sucker Punch to make up for that, but it's a breeding move. I'm lazy:D besides, it wasn't worth the effort anyway*coughromscough*.

Then, Darmanitan packs a punch. A great glass cannon. fastest on my team too, so I used him quite a lot. Still, a tad to boring for me. As last, Sawsbuck. Dunno why, but I really like using this fellow. Horn Leech is awesome, and although he has thousands of weaknesses, his movepool made him very usefull. I was thinking of adding Wild Charge, but Megahorn proved to be to usefull in the league.

Think I'm gonna start over HG/SS now.

Bai!

Becky
6th January 2012, 06:51 PM
I just got Pokemon Black for Christmas, which is perfect because Brian has White. I just beat Lenora on Wednesday. I started my game with a Tepig because I thought it was cute and I named it "PIGGY." I'm primarily using a Herdier (Lv. 20), PIGGY (Lv. 21), and Purrloin (Lv. 19). I figured out that battling against Audinos earns good exp.!

Dark Sage
6th January 2012, 06:56 PM
Nice. I started with Tepig too.

It isn't the most popular choice in the game, but I liked the little guy. Although, I must warn you... Like most Pokemon, it gets much less cute when it evolves.

Blademaster
6th January 2012, 11:07 PM
And much MORE disappointing.

DarkestLight
7th January 2012, 10:14 AM
Grass starter for life. Speaking of. I'm up the point in black where my 3DS does not already read my Black Cartridge...and I can't battle online anymore because it states my wi-fi data has been erase, and I can't reset router settings because for some reason the Pokemon Black (and Platinum) game cards wont allow for WEP/Pushbutton router security....

Blademaster
9th January 2012, 05:05 PM
I'm liking Serperior's line. Still, Samurott has won my heart this Gen. Water tanks (*rimshot*) are always fun, swords are always fun, and ramming Megahorns up uppity Grass-types' asses is the icing on the cake. Megahorn for Serperior, Earthquake for Electric-types, Waterfall for Emboar, Ice Beam for Hydreigon...

Erre NPC in the game is mad.

Greyfox
10th January 2012, 05:06 PM
Sam's who I went with too, although I usually always go with water types when starting out (the only exception was Ru/Sa).

MeLoVeGhOsTs
12th January 2012, 08:37 PM
I tend to go grass types too, 'cept for Swampert, booya.

edisontsai
22nd January 2012, 12:08 AM
I'm in Route 7. Winter!!!!!! Time to rock all the items I couldn't grab before! Woot

MeLoVeGhOsTs
22nd January 2012, 04:02 AM
Oh yeah, I've been doing flying-type MTC. I'm in Victory Road and have a cool team even if I say so myself ^^

Vince (Unfezant, M)
Level 54 - Super Luck
Return | Aerial Ace | Work Up | Roost

William (Swoobat, M)
Level: 51 - Unaware
Psychic | Air Slash | Calm mind | Attract

Richard (Archeops)
Level: 54 - Defeatist
Rock Slide | Acrobatics | U-turn | Dig

Beth (Swanna)
Level: 53 - Keen Eye
Brave Bird | Surf | Rain Dance | Roost

Ninke (Mandibuzz)
Level: 54 - Overcoat
Fly | Toxic | Faint Attack | Tail Wind

I loooove Mandibuzz, what a beast.

Lady Vulpix
6th March 2012, 09:02 AM
I caught Cobalion last night. It was... surprisingly easy to catch! Just one Will-o-Wisp, one Pokemon switch, one actual attack, one Dusk Ball and inside it went. It was almost like it wanted to be caught.

I was mentally prepared to face a nightmare like the HG/SS legendaries. Ho-oh was the hardest catch ever. I had to keep switching and healing, waiting for the successive Safeguards to wear off, then put it to sleep, then drain its HP one by one with Giga Drain until there was only a tiny line left, then waste 12 Ultra Balls and, after 40 turns, throw the winning Timer Ball. After that I wondered whether it was worth catching a Pokemon that was so elusive and I wasn't going to train anyway. But since Cobalion was easy, I'll keep it in my legendary box. May or may not take it out at some point, but not to face any trainers, virtual or real.

Now my next stop is the Icirrus Gym, which may be my Sawk's last stand for a while. I'm going to take 5 Pokemon plus the egg. But that will have to wait until night. I have things to do during the day. The rest of the fun in that city will have to wait until June, when winter comes.

Oh, and my pig evolved just in time. May he be actually useful this time around.

ChobiChibi
9th March 2012, 09:16 AM
Post game :D Yayayayayayayay!

My banner shows ya what I've got. They all rock and I <3 them. However, reading your post higher up, Blade, you've made me realise what moveset I should be giving my Samurott :D Thanks!

I'm considering training an Audino. Just for shiggles and double battles. I dislike how all the pokemon trainers I'm facing now are maybe 10+ levels higher than me, but really really easy to beat (Scrafty and Sawsbuck are level 53, Gothitelle is 49, the others are inbetween). Suppose it's good for leveling for re-doing the E4.

Lady Vulpix
9th March 2012, 11:29 AM
Congratulations!

Thanks to a friend from another forum, I was able to evolve my Boldore into Gigalith. Now I'm on Route 8.

I can't retire my Sawk, he's just too good... better than my Emboar. So for now I have retired my Cottonee. I could evolve him, but he's clearly not a fighter. His Adamant nature makes it impossible for him to do enough half the damage most opponents can do to him. He's great for catching Pokemon, though: can poison, seed and drain. Which means that if I ever need to hunt for a certain Pokemon, he'll be on the first slot on my team. And I took him to the Dream World today.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
13th March 2012, 07:00 AM
I've got a strange team right now. I'm just gonna take on the last gymleader and they're all level 50.

Serperior, Eelektross, Scolipede, Klinklang, Krookodile and Reuniclus. Not very balanced I think, but they're powerhorses >D

Also one of the first times that I've had six pokemon!

Blademaster
15th March 2012, 09:37 PM
Not sure if it counts, but I just beat Burgh's Gym in my totally-not-forgotten Nuzlocke run.

...I should really update that more often...

Lady Vulpix
17th March 2012, 12:54 PM
Why wouldn't it count?

Anyway, I've just defeated the Elite 4 with Lilligant, Togekiss, Krookodile, Carracosta, Gigalith and Stoutland. 2 of them were at level 46, the rest 47. Now they're 47-48, and my other 4 active Pokemon are all level 47. I think I'll have to train them a bit more before I can take on N.

By the way, last night I was working on leveling up my Pokemon and I worried that my Lilligant might have some trouble against the E4 because she could only use Grass-type attacks, but I didn't have many TMs that could go well with her. So I gave her Hidden Power just to see what happened (because she also has a great Special Attack, so if anyone could make a good use of that move, it was her) and it turned out great. Now she can beat Fire types and non-levitating Poison types. But she didn't use her Hidden Power against the Elite 4 because she was busy putting her opponents to sleep, draining their energy to heal herself and - on one occasion - finishing a battle with Petal Dance. My Carracosta's Surf was more useful than I'd expected (still my favorite attack), and my Stoutland used Retaliate 5 times. Sleep Powder was used 8 times and failed the first 3 times. O.o Used a lot of healing and reviving items, no Xs at all and no status healers either (I quickly put Musharna to sleep before she could do the same to my Pokemon).

Ghosts and Psychics were not too hard, except for Sigilyph and Chandelure (even with Surf, that lamp moved too fast and Quick Claw did not come to the rescue). Fighting types were the hardest because half my team was weak to them, but I still knocked out Throh with one Air Slash from my Togekiss.

Darth CookieMonster
18th March 2012, 11:41 AM
Restarting!!! Because I havent played in ages.

Lady Vulpix
20th March 2012, 12:07 PM
Got my National Pokedex. N and Ghetsis were surprisingly easy to beat (only one of my Pokemon fainted once, and thatwas because I underestimated N's Carracosta and he dealt a Critical Hit to my Lilligant). I used Krookodile, Togekiss, Lilligant, Sawk, Carracosta and Emboar against N. Against Ghetsis, only 4 of them had to fight. And Zekrom was easy to beat. 3 Dragon Claws from my Krookodile were enough, even though Zekrom was 2 levels higher. Zekrom used Giga Impact, but it wasn't all that strong, and then it had to recharge.

And all the legendaries so far have been easy to catch. Didn't even have to inflict a status condition on Reshiram, just two hits, and Ultra Ball and that was it. Are all B/W legendaries so much easier to catch than HG/SS legendaries?

And now I have a level 51 Dragonair, fished as a level 50 Dratini. Not very good in battle yet, but she may improve if/when she evolves into Dragonite.

Rossymore
20th March 2012, 12:28 PM
Well Reshiram and Zekrom have a higher catch rate then normal Pokemon, you can get them quite easily in a Pokeball. Though the last two Legendaries to really get are Landorus and Kyurem. You'll find their areas in the post game. But they're not too tough to catch. I usually go for paralysis, then Dusk Balls, as I usually play during the night and in caves anyway.

Blademaster
20th March 2012, 06:46 PM
Are all B/W legendaries so much easier to catch than HG/SS legendaries?

Yes.

firepokemon
20th March 2012, 08:01 PM
I finally have a copy of the game and will soon be choosing Oshawott the water starter.

Lady Vulpix
21st March 2012, 11:53 AM
May your starter be better than mine. Although mine has improved quite a bit since he learned Flamethrower.

I've caught Virizion, the first legendary who has reminded me a bit of the old games (had to try 4 times). I've also caught a Sandslash who may help me catch Tornadus if the dreaded thing can stop fainting (what kind of legendary can't take a single hit?).

Now I'm training my Magikarp at the Relic Castle. That place gives out good EXP.

Edit: Gyarados. :)

Edit 2: and not just him, the Volcarona room is the place to EV-train for Special Defense. :)

And my Black City is completely empty, save for the Pokemon Center. I don't know anyone in my area who owns Pokemon White (or a DS-3DS for that matter) so I guess it'll stay that way.

Lady Vulpix
6th April 2012, 05:36 PM
Sorry for the double-post, but it's been a while and no one else has posted.

I've finally defeated Cynthia with a team of level 65 Pokemon (my Krookodile and Lilligant were the stars of the battle, and they both leveled up). It's weird, but a Yache Berry made the difference.

I also have a Dragonite now, but unlike all other Dragonites I've had, this one's not good in battle (maybe because I fished her at a high level?) so I'm probably not going to keep training her.

Oh, and I have 3 Lava Cookies from the Royal Unova. Really... Lava Cookies? How is anyone supposed to eat that? Or is it just a name, like the RageCandyBar which can't possibly be made of rage?

Poryhedron
6th April 2012, 07:17 PM
Lava Cookies are a local specialty from Hoenn, specifically right near Mt. Chimney. They're apparently pretty dry. (There's someone who sells them near the summit cable car station if you come back after beating the evil team up there.)

DarkestLight
6th April 2012, 08:45 PM
I like this post becasue it sounds like Pory's actually been there and tried some and brought some back for us......

Right??!?!?! ¬¬

Lady Vulpix
9th April 2012, 04:27 PM
I'm training for my upcoming rematch against the Elite 4 (my daily training routine goes like this: Big Stadium, Small Court, Morimoto, Royal Unova, Giant Chasm/Relic Castle Catacombs). I've already received a Rare Candy and 4 Lava Cookies from the Royal Unova. And my Unfezant's EVs have maxed out. I may use a berry on her to see if I can switch some Special Attack (which she doesn't use) for Special Defense (which she really needs).

Edit: now my Emboar and Stoutland have maxed out too. And my Unfezant adores me, but I already new that since she's been achieving 1HKOs with Return for weeks and she once talked to N about how much she cared for me.

Edit 2: defeated the Elite 4 and Alder with Gyarados, Togekiss, Emboar, Unfezant, Krookodile and Lilligant. They were all level 70 when I entered. When I left, my Emboar was level 72 and the others were all level 71. Alder was much easier than I'd expected, I even 1HKOed his Volcarona with a Waterfall from my Gyarados. And my Unfezand knocked out a lot of Pokemon with Return... Who needs SE moves? ;) Actually, she was great because the E4 used mostly physical attacks. After using Feather Dance, my Unfezant could withstand 2 Stone Edges in a row. And Return was so good that I didn't have to risk using Fly against Marshall's Pokemon.

Blademaster
10th April 2012, 11:42 PM
You can rematch with Morimoto? I never knew that... Thanks for the tip! :D

Lady Vulpix
12th April 2012, 12:56 PM
Heh. No problem. :) Additionally, if you want to EV-train your high level Pokemon for for Speed, Morimoto is your guy. All his Pokemon give out Speed EVs.

Oh, and I've finally caught Tornadus! How can a Legendary Pokemon faint so easily? I had to catch a Golbat with low Special Attack at the Giant Chasm, then use Mean Look and weak Special moves to damage it without fainting it, and without poisoning it because that would faint it too. 3 Dusk Balls later, Tornadus was in my PC. Now it's sitting in Box 3 with the other Legendaries.

And as a reward, I raised my Golbat 10 levels and evolved him into Crobat. Now he's on my secondary team (Pokemon I train irregularly and not as much as my main 12, but they're not permanently stuck in the PC).

Dark Sage
13th April 2012, 07:02 PM
You should have trained a Watchog. It can learn Mean Look AND Hypnosis. If it could learn False Swipe it would be perfect for catching fleeing Legendaries.

Poryhedron
13th April 2012, 08:13 PM
As is, it's pretty darn close to perfect since it can also learn Super Fang. It's not as ideal as False Swipe, but it's still an "I can whittle your HP down really low without fainting you" move.

Lady Vulpix
15th April 2012, 02:06 PM
Ah, I didn't think of it. The Golbat worked, though. And he's great to train because, as a Crobat, he's among the fastest Pokemon in the game, so I can send him out, start battling and U-Turn him back if things get ugly.

Oh, and yesterday I did the time-radio thing. The reward was really not worth it, but it was interesting to watch the guy talk to his dad in the past... even though he didn't get to say much.

DarkestLight
15th April 2012, 05:03 PM
Time...radio? What? Whoa did I miss something in-game?

Lady Vulpix
15th April 2012, 05:11 PM
Apparently you did. You have to trade with someone with the opposite version and get a Pokemon who knows Charge. Then take it to Opelucid City, more specifically the first building right of the Pokemon Center, upstairs (downstairs is the effort lady and upstairs is the radio guy). Talk to the radio guy and show him your traded Pokemon, then watch.

It's not really useful for you as a player, but it's a little bit of storyline that you can help unfold.

firepokemon
18th April 2012, 07:00 PM
Well I finally started the game. It is very linear so far and very straight to the point. Bang you get your starter and then you're on your way. Got an adamant Oshawott first time so didn't even have to reset the game. That was good. Also got my first badge. Had to train my pokemon up a bit with wild pokemon which is always rather frustrating. But the gym wasn't hard. Have made my way to the day care center. They don't pay much for beating them do they, lol.

Will keep doing the double grass thing in the dreamyard as I'm trying get Mushana but of course you get the awful Audino instead. Have decided I'll keep my Lilliup unevolved so I can pick up items along the way. Bit frustrated that the early pokemon can't really be used as HM slaves.

Still haven't decided my team as I don't want to put surf on Oshawott if his nature is Adamant. I might switch and chance this time round. In diamond I literally stuck to Piplup, Geodude, Shinx, Budew and Starly and just used Dialga for the Elites.

Lady Vulpix
19th April 2012, 10:32 AM
Why catch a Musharna? Catch a Munna and then evolve it. Moon Stones aren't all that rare, I got one very early in the game.

Alternatively, after you beat the Elite 4 for the first time, you can go back to the Dreamyard on Fridays and find a level 50 Musharna.

Warning: Musharna is sloooooooooow. Mine has a Speed-boosting nature, plus a good share of EV-training, and she's still the 3rd slowest among the 12 Pokemon in my main team. She's an HP tank, though. And Special Attack is good if you train it properly.

Curious in-game detail: I recently went to Celestial Tower to blow candles (Special Attack EV-training for a new Ninetales - yes, I'm training 2 Ninetales, I must be crazy or something -) and when I reached the top I found Alder, who talked to me about his past with his first Pokemon partner. Another bit of story which you can easily miss if your journey doesn't take you there.

Rossymore
19th April 2012, 10:54 AM
Now that you've done that, you can go face the E4 again and become the Champion.
Though you may get to do that already. I never checked.

Lady Vulpix
19th April 2012, 11:19 AM
I've already defeated the E-4 twice and Alder once. And days later came across him at the tower. He was paying respects to his old friend.

DarkestLight
19th April 2012, 12:55 PM
I may have done the radio thing. I don't recall.

Dark Sage
19th April 2012, 06:05 PM
Curious in-game detail: I recently went to Celestial Tower to blow candles (Special Attack EV-training for a new Ninetales - yes, I'm training 2 Ninetales, I must be crazy or something -) and when I reached the top I found Alder, who talked to me about his past with his first Pokemon partner. Another bit of story which you can easily miss if your journey doesn't take you there.

Actually, it's hard to miss. You have to go up there and listen to his story if you ever want to challenge him. Until you do that, you won't find him at the Plateau.

Lady Vulpix
20th April 2012, 12:15 PM
That's weird, because I found him there days after I challenged him. That was not the first time I found him, but I didn't expect to find him after I defeated him.

Dark Sage
21st April 2012, 02:59 PM
Hmm...

I just went back to the tower, but he wasn't there... Maybe you have to go at a specific day, or a specific time of the day...

Lady Vulpix
25th April 2012, 01:28 PM
I defeated him again, went back to the tower and didn't find him. He must go there on certain days and times like you said. I wonder how often he visits.

Oh, and yesterday my main 12 Pokemon reached level 80. And two of them (Lilligant and Togekiss) have not yet maxed out their EVs. O.o

My Unfezant and Stoutland are fully EV-trained, meaning that I can no longer reduce the one stat I was willing to lower for them, and they've both "put in a great effort". I think I'm pleased with the results. My Unfezant performs especially well against the Elite 4.

Rossymore
25th April 2012, 02:14 PM
I've only found him up there the once after beating the game the first time. I don't think he revisits.

You know what's annoying me right now? That there are 30+ Pokemon in my White Forest that I can never, ever get. I'm not sure if GF really thought that place through.

Lady Vulpix
25th April 2012, 02:39 PM
They didn't. Similarly, my Black City is empty except for the Pokemon Center. No idea what they were thinking when they made those locations.

By the way, did you know that each time you defeat the Elite 4 you can rematch the Ace Trainer on Marvelous Bridge? The one with the Beheeyem, Klinklang and Alomomola.

Blademaster
26th April 2012, 09:26 PM

How did you figure that out, exactly...?

Lady Vulpix
27th April 2012, 08:27 AM
Just passed by the bridge and saw that the teleporting girl was there again - and disappeared again - so I tried talking to everyone on and around the bridge and the Ace Trainer challenged me again.

EV status: Togekiss done (maxed out at level 81), only Lilligant is left out of my main 12.

firepokemon
29th April 2012, 12:09 AM
Ooh I like Lilligant. I got my second badge. It was really easy once I used a fighting pokemon. Spent a good three days grass shaking getting a Throh. I hate those shaking spots. Was about to give up and then it appeared. Am now making my way on the inside of Pinwheel forest.

Much better storyline this time round. Have yet to test the Dowsing machine o.o

ChobiChibi
29th April 2012, 04:18 AM
The dowsing machine is brilliant, so much easier to use than any of the others!

I've been around the whole map now, just gonna go arrest those pesky Seven Sages.

DarkestLight
29th April 2012, 10:20 AM
I am now kinda ready for BW 2 to come out so I have a reason to play it and then buy a new Black and start over. Kinda wanna play again now :/

Lady Vulpix
29th April 2012, 10:49 AM
Play it again, Will. ;)

Yes, I like Lilligant too. I took her to the musical, just to see what happened. The audience liked her and I got a prop, but I still don't see the point of the whole thing.

I've been compiling a rematchable trainer guide (where you can find each trainer, what Pokemon they have and what EVs they give out). So far I've been using it to help myself train my Pokemon. I'm not sure if anyone else would be interested in it. Should I post it?

DarkestLight
29th April 2012, 11:37 AM
You should, if only for the fun of it.

Sidebar-my copy of Black decicdeed to work again. I think it has somethng to do with my internet settings, once I opened the connection, it worked. I still feel iffy about it...but In saved like 50 times to try and wipe out any corrupted data that could be lingering around. If its the card, I know that won't help at all, but it was good seeing my peoples again :D

Only things I missed were Mewtwo and Togekiss, but that's alright...cant even log into GTS cause I forgot my password, LOLOLOL

ChobiChibi
29th April 2012, 02:31 PM
I can dex-trade you the Mewtwo if you want. Mewtwo miiiiine >_>

Lady Vulpix
29th April 2012, 09:47 PM
OK, here you are (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25178). It took me longer than I had expected.

Lady Vulpix
1st May 2012, 04:51 PM
Sorry for the double-post, but the previous one was a reply to DL and this one is a report on my game. I think they're unrelated enough, but I can merge them if it bothers anyone.

Today I completed the Deerling quest and got a Leaf Stone as a reward. And a few days ago I passed the single battle test with 6 stars (out of 7), using Gyarados, Lilligant and Togekiss. I can't believe how easily Articuno fell under a pair of Waterfalls.

Edit: why does it look like the Ferris Wheel guys are trying to hit on me? Do they hit on male players too?

Edit 2: I've searched the web and it turns out that male trainers get a whole different set of opponents at the Ferris Wheel. Weird. So the flirting is intentional.

Edit 3: and my Lilligant finally maximized her EVs at level 85. (It took her long enough!) That makes 12 Pokemon with max EVs in my game. I'm still training to level them up, but I'm also training others a bit: Crobat (level 73), Altaria (level 45), Castform (level 30), Wash Rotom (level 42) and my second Ninetales (level 42). The latter two always train together.

Oh, and Cynthia has invited me to go to Sinnoh. How am I supposed to do that? :\

Edit 4: I've defeated the bikers' gang and now they're calling themselves the Black Ninetales. Doesn't sound very threatening, but they could have made worse choices.

ChobiChibi
22nd May 2012, 03:03 PM
I feel like I cheated on TPM. I spent Monday with a bunch of Pokemon nerds from my fair city, who have convinced me I should IV/EV train in order to beat them.

So I am :D

Currently on the search for the perfect Slowpoke in SS. Then I will spend time EV training it in Gen 4. Then I will transfer a Ditto to White and get it to have babies with a Slaking until I find a good offspring. Oh I am gonna have so much fun with those two >o<

DarkestLight
22nd May 2012, 06:45 PM
o.O What are you planning Chibz

ChobiChibi
22nd May 2012, 07:06 PM
To rule the world. With a Skill Swapping Slowking, and a pumped up Slaking :D

My problem is, I don't really want to take the Slowpoke out of Gen 4, but I can't find anywhere that explains how EV's work in Gen 4. I understand Gen 5 now. And I have a Slaking in Gen 5, so that's not a problem.

I'm breeding for Modest natured Slowpoke. If anyone's got one by chance, I'd love them forever.

DarkestLight
22nd May 2012, 07:32 PM
o.O Gen 4 EV's? Work the same as Gen 5 and Gen 3 EV's 520 total, 255 max in any stat
Vitamins work the same way :/
Just look up what Pokemon give you what EV's when battling, and tailor from there...

Oh and the EV raising items help if you can nab them.

ChobiChibi
22nd May 2012, 07:35 PM
But I read somewhere that in gen 5, it totals the EVs as it's going. But in Gen 4 and below, it doesn't til they level up. I think I've just answered my own question there XD

DarkestLight
23rd May 2012, 08:16 AM
Oh that part. Well yeah, but that really doesn't matter since (if you use paper) you'll know where they should be in between levels. I personally prefer it by level, that way I can see the stat increase like crazy after I start whooping Lv 2 whoever-I-needs XD

Lady Vulpix
25th May 2012, 09:59 AM
Maybe, but then if you get a Pokemon at a high level you may never be able to max out its EVs.

Marvelous (named after his birthplace) is now a Serperior. :) Oh, and my Black City has people in it, thanks to Jeff.

Poryhedron
25th May 2012, 11:18 AM
Maxing out EVs before hitting L100 should never be a problem if you know what low-level enemies to face. When you're level 98 it should take more low-level scrubs to reach L99 than it does to max out EVs.

HP:
Audino (L2-4 in Route 1, 4-7 in Route 2, 100% of shaking grass) 2 EP
Ducklett (L22-25 on Driftveil Drawbridge, 100% of encounters) 1 EP

Attack: Patrat and Lillipup (L2-4 in Route 1, 100% of encounters between them) 1 EP each

Defense: Roggenrola (L10-13 in Wellspring Cave, 50% of encounters) 1 EP

Speed: Woobat (L10-13 in Wellspring Cave, 50% of encounters) 1 EP

Spc.Atk: a bit tricky...
In White Version, try Petitil in Pinwheel Forest. L14-17, 35% of encounters, 1 EP.
Vanillite (L20-23 outside Cold Storage, 30% of encounters) 1 EP
Litwick (L26-29 in Celestial Tower; 100% of encounters on 2F) 1 EP

Spc.Def: Frillish (L5-15 surfing in Routes 4, 17, 18 and around P2 Lab, 100% of encounters) 1 EP

There might be more convenient HP and Spc.Atk options in the postgame areas where you can encounter species from previous versions. I haven't really looked into that.

Lady Vulpix
25th May 2012, 01:12 PM
I think the best place for Special Defense is the catacombs under the Desert Resort. The Volcarona hall is full of nothing but Claydols.

Oh, by the way, my Crobat has maxed out his EVs at level 77, making him the first Pokemon outside my main 12 to have max EVs.

Edit: my main team has reached level 100! All twelve of them! This is a first for me, since I'd never trained a Pokemon all the way to level 100 before. Now I can focus on training all the others I've been wanting to train, and my main 12 can help.

Edit 2: my second Ninetales and my Rotom maximized their EVs at level 52! And I have a big fat Snorlax (evolved at level 62)! :keke:

KRSplat
12th June 2012, 11:13 AM
I have 6-7 badges and am north of an icy town whose gym leader I beat; I was unable to obtain an item in the ice so I think I will start over next time I play because I forgot where it is.

PersianTrainer
13th June 2012, 03:51 AM
I'm fairly early in the game, approaching Striaton Gym. Still hoping on catching Purrloin.

Lady Vulpix
13th June 2012, 04:36 PM
I caught one early in the game, and was quite disappointed. The Purrloin line has terrible stats and their moves also leave a lot to be desired. The two Dark types I've ended up training are Zoroark (thanks to a friend who traded me an egg) and Honchkrow (obtained a Murkrow from the Dream World). They both get cool moves and manageable stats.

Edit: my Zoroark has maximized his EVs just before reaching level 65.

And on Sunday night I was challenged by a mysterious stranger nicknamed Epsilon, who was not in the same room as I was. I defeated his/her Leafeon and Flareon with my Crobat, but I still don't know who s/he was. I wish I knew, both to thank him/her for the battle and because I could use an Eevee egg.

Edit: my Altaria has maximized his EVs at level 69.

Edit: I've finally "seen" all Unova Pokemon. Prof. Juniper congratulated me and then said "now see how many you can catch". A bit ungrateful, don't you think?

But, more importantly, I got an Eevee! I had to trade my Arceus for it, but I don't use legendaries anyway. The bad thing is that he has a low Special Attack stat, which goes against my plans. But that's only a minor setback, as I have bred him with one of my Dittos and now I have an Eevee egg. I'm sure I'll have a Vaporeon within a week or two, thus fulfilling my tradition of having one in every Pokemon game I've played. :keke:

Edit: the Eevee hatched, but I didn't like his nature so I'm breeding a new one. I did get a nice Eevee from the GTS (from Australia). He is now an Espeon, but his previous trainer didn't name him so he's called Espeon. :\ Additionally, my Butterfree maximized his EVs at level 72. :)

Edit: my Vaporeon maximized his EVs at level 55, and my Honchkrow and Venomoth did the same at level 77. And my Crobat is now level 100. :)

Edit again: my Gengar reached max EVs at level 62, and my Zangoose and Serperior at level 79.

Edit: I recently went for a walk around Route 4 and stumbled upon a Torment TM. Then my roosting Murkrow maximized her EVs at level 41! That's a new record for me!

Edit: my Espeon reached max EVs at level 65, my Tangrowth at level 57, my Snorlax at level 82, my Dragonite at level 64, my Starmie at level 74 and my Steelix at level 80.

My money has maxed out too!