PDA

View Full Version : Where are you in your Black or White playthrough?

Pages : [1] 2

MeLoVeGhOsTs
7th March 2011, 04:19 AM
Yeah, in great follow up of the HGSS thread (which I adored), comes this thread!

I wanna hear crazy WARTIMESTORIES!

Just defeated Chili, so I have one badge:D My Snivy is l.16 and just learned Leaf Tornado *ninja*

Haven't caught another battle pokemon, though. Purrlion was tempting, but I dunno, I need something that can do some heavy damage (since Snivy is more defending, subseeder kinda pokemon).

So, how are you guys doing?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
7th March 2011, 04:35 AM
I have one badge as well but my Snivy is only on level 14. However, I have trained my Lillipup to level 14, too and my Panpour's level is 11.

I let a friend of mine try the game yesterday, but I had hard time because he's just 7 years old and even too helpful. He'd have played the whole game through for me if I hadn't invented something more special to do. Anyways, he beat some trainers so now I cannot say I've played the game totally on my own. Also, he accidentially pressed wrong buttons and bought me like 100 mail. We sold them back but I did consider starting the whole game all over again.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
7th March 2011, 05:56 AM
Well, after careful consideration I have added a Drilbur to my team. Cuz I already had the hots for Excadrill as soon as I saw it. Servine (l.20) and Drilbur (l.15). One badge.

Panpour is dominated as a HMslave >D

EDIT: The new EXP.-system is wack! It actually makes sense.

Also, that stupid pink blob that you get in shaking grass is the best Experience-gain in the game! A l.11 one gave me 689 exp. How awesome is that.

DarkestLight
7th March 2011, 06:53 AM
Screw the cat. I'm leveling it to make it evolve cause it reeks balls. That dumb ass terrier-Yeah Its Kicking MY ASS at the Second Gym. Im furious so I gotta rain all my dudes now, but I got that fi--

WAIT YOU GOT A DRILLBUR? WHERE?

Jeff
7th March 2011, 08:00 AM
Wellspring Cave, they pop up in those dust clouds that appear every so often.

Well, let's see. Patrat was the first to get cut from my team, replaced it with a Blitzle. Then I replaced Purrloin with a Throh, then after the second gym I went back to Wellspring Cave to catch a Drillbur, because I thought the third gym was Electric (yeah, shows how well I planned out my playthrough :P) Dewott, Herdier, and Tranquill have been there since the beginning.

I got through the first two gyms by the skin of my teeth, but the third was pretty easy thanks to Pidove evolving. I've made it to the 4th gym, but haven't gone in yet. Exploring the desert some instead. I also caught a Darumaka and I'm trying it out on my team.

So current team:
Drillbur
Tranquill
Dewott
Herdier
Blitzle
Darumaka

Dark Sage
7th March 2011, 08:41 AM
I have defeated Cress, gotten one Badge, and defeated the Team Plasma grunts in the Dream Park. My Tepig is now lvl 13.

ChobiChibi
7th March 2011, 09:49 AM
Also, that stupid pink blob that you get in shaking grass is the best Experience-gain in the game! A l.11 one gave me 689 exp. How awesome is that.

I caught Audino :D Thought, why not? It was cute and I wanted it >_>

My sig pretty much tells you what's going on in my little White World.

Dewott lvl 19
Blitzle lvl 18
Munna lvl 17
Herdier lvl 19
Timburr lvl 21
Pansear lvl 17

Currently training for the 3rd gym. Annoyed cos Timburr was the last thing I caught and it just levels SO fast. Waiting for tomorrow so I can get the ice cream from the shop :3

MeLoVeGhOsTs
7th March 2011, 09:54 AM
Beat the second badge without much difficulty. LUCKILY, since Take Down Herdier is badass. Leaf Tornado was unaffected by her X Defense and Intimidate, so that was handy.

Training up for now. Servine l.24, Drilbur l.20.

Jeff
7th March 2011, 10:19 AM
XMfasIbOn1g

So, yeah. Done with the desert. Now I'm just hanging out in the Nimbasa City. Might take on the gym leader soon, but I had to update to mention that I talked to a couple people in one building and they were talking about "Shiny Pokémon", which I was pretty sure was just a fan-made name for them. Makes me wonder if any fans from back in the day worked on translating the games. Crazy thought.

I also checked out the stadium. Before the games came out, I was wondering how they'd handle the trainer type names for the different athletes. Since things like "Baseball Player" and "Football Player" wouldn't fit, I figured they'd just use the names of positions for those sports. Considering there are currently "infielders" practicing in the stadium, looks like I was right.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
7th March 2011, 11:06 AM
First time in Castelia City, what the fuck, it's huge. Also, the 3D thingy is awesome.

Also, lol at one woman in Castelia city: "working woman are beautiful and battling pokemon are wonderful"

IceFlowGlaceon
7th March 2011, 11:44 AM
I am on my way to my forth badge but i desided to train my weaker pokemon on my team first

Servine Lv 24 female Name: Serpentien
Throh Lv 21 male Name: Brute
Pansear Lv 18 female Name: Flamber
Panpour Lv 16 male Name: Drizzle
Woobat Lv 13 male Name: Rook
Patrat Lv 11 male Name: Cheekers

This game since i never name things i desided to name everything i catch haha

classy_cat18
7th March 2011, 11:54 AM
Training for my second badge, and I think they made Supersonic more accurate. Damn Tympole...

EDIT: Just caught a Sawk. He'll be my Fighting type to use in the game.

Dark Sage
7th March 2011, 12:11 PM
First time in Castelia City, what the fuck, it's huge. Also, the 3D thingy is awesome.

Also, lol at one woman in Castelia city: "working woman are beautiful and battling pokemon are wonderful"

Be sure to visit the ice cream stand tomorrow. Tuesday is the only day they aren't sold out.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
7th March 2011, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the reminder, I just read it!

ChobiChibi
7th March 2011, 12:36 PM
Fought and won against Burgh, gone up route 4, couldn't be bothered with all the trainers for now, so went to the amusement park in Nimbasa City...

Oh god, had my mind blown.

OMG N, WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?! Why take me on a ferris wheel? Why tell me these things? It's like you WANT me to stop you! D:

This game. Is gonna be so good.

Poryhedron
7th March 2011, 10:56 PM
My first runthrough is just to see what there is to see. I think my favorite starter might be Oshawott, just because I love the concept of Samurott wearing scabbards on its arms...but for my first runthrough I actually chose Tepig because I figured having a Fighting-type would be useful in the second Gym. Also, I haven't bothered training a Lillipup or Patrat because I figured raising such early-game Normal-types would be a waste of time in the long run.

Big mistake. The two well-trained battlers on my team are now a Fighting-type and a Grass-type, and Pidove are handing me my ass out here. I'd better find and catch a Blitzle soon.

classy_cat18
7th March 2011, 11:56 PM
Reporting my update! I have reached Castelia City and...wow. Skyarrow Bridge was awesome, and I was surprised when the camera changed angles. My Blitzle just learned Flame Charge. Heh heh, that gym leader is going down.

My team is:
L19 Male Servile (Excalibur)
L19 Female Drilbur (Digger)
L19 Female Pidove (Feather)
L19 Male Sawk (Guru, may be renamed S.K. Guru)
L19 Male Blitzle (Max)
L18 Female Munna (Puff)

Dark Sage
8th March 2011, 05:02 AM
Big mistake. The two well-trained battlers on my team are now a Fighting-type and a Grass-type, and Pidove are handing me my ass out here. I'd better find and catch a Blitzle soon.

Don't worry, Blitzle are fairly easy to find. Just keep looking on Route 3.

DarkestLight
8th March 2011, 05:59 AM
This game is excellent, and I've slowed down my progress only because of work. I'll have an update later, but no. I'm sticking to my guns and evolving this HORRIBLE HORRIBLE CAT before I switch to Drillbur which I will find and make SEXCELLENT. Oh and boo at Daycare for only taking one at a time, how the hell am I supposed to level Patrat and STUPID EFFING DOG up :/

MeLoVeGhOsTs
8th March 2011, 10:51 AM
Gotten four badges so far. Caught a Scraggy. The desert was cool.

Servine l.29
Scraggy l.30
Exadrill l.34

Yeah baby, Exadrill rox0rz your box0rz.

Dark Sage
8th March 2011, 11:21 AM
This game is excellent, and I've slowed down my progress only because of work. I'll have an update later, but no. I'm sticking to my guns and evolving this HORRIBLE HORRIBLE CAT before I switch to Drillbur which I will find and make SEXCELLENT. Oh and boo at Daycare for only taking one at a time, how the hell am I supposed to level Patrat and STUPID EFFING DOG up :/

The Daycare eventually changes, and will take two at a time. I'm not sure exactly when, however.

DivineAll
8th March 2011, 11:48 AM
Currently in Nimbasa City with the following team:

Female Swadloon Lvl 22
Female Herdier Lvl 22
Female Liepard Lvl 22
Female Tympole Lvl 23
Male Pignite Lvl 23

So far I have to report the following: Skyarrow Bridge is very impressive, even without the 3DS, Herdier is awesome, starting with Tepig makes the first three gyms a breeze with the exception of the first gym, rustling grass may be rare but it gives lots of exp., and Team Plasma are hypocrites.

Now I have a Soothe Bell and will evolve Swadloon into Leavanny and catch a Sigilyph in the Desert Resort after doing so to finish off my team.

Blademaster
8th March 2011, 11:58 AM
I don't have it yet.

:(

Dark Sage
8th March 2011, 12:03 PM
Team Plasma are hypocrites.

When you learn their true goal at the climax, you'll find out the reason.

Telume
8th March 2011, 12:06 PM
I haven't gotten it yet. I'll get it when I get paid next week >_<

Ultimate Charizard
8th March 2011, 12:25 PM
Currently stood outside the E4 doing the 'ill keep losing till ive trained my levels up' technique.

E4 are wierd. Ghost, Dark, Fighting and Psychic and you fight them in any order you choose.

My current team....

Samurott
Fraxure
Chandelure
Galvantula
Bouffelant
Krookodile

Asilynne
8th March 2011, 12:30 PM
I don't have it yet.

:(

^

Though maybe after bills are paid ;D

DarkestLight
8th March 2011, 01:44 PM
Ok. I went back to Castelia, because I just realized I could get a Fire Type that wasn't that horrible horrible pig...Victini! Totally forgot I accessed him even before I got to playing.

Went over there, whipped some ass and claimed him after the third reset, stupid me not buying any Pokeballs. Not I got a crazy team, and yes I found my Drillbur after two Dusk Stones and a Fighting Gem. Its on like donkey Kong. Liepard is shelved FOR. EVER. and I gotta go take that stupid dog outta daycare and put the meerkat in so it doesn't level up all super damn high and make me broke.

Dark Sage
8th March 2011, 03:21 PM
I just won my second Badge and did the mission in Pinwheel Forest.

My Team (for now) is as follows:

Pignite, Lvl 21
Pansage, Lvl 19
Palpitoad, Lvl 19
Sawk, Lvl 20
Munna, Lvl 19
Blitzle, Lvl 19

I might switch the Palpitoad once better Waters become available. Likewise, I might get rid of Munna once I can catch one of the version-exclusive Psychics. (For now, Munna is incredibly useful for putting Pokemon that I want to catch ton sleep.)

DarkestLight
8th March 2011, 03:49 PM
Is it just me, or does no one have Throh?

Dark Sage
8th March 2011, 03:59 PM
Is it just me, or does no one have Throh?

Throh and Sawk are version exclusive. Throh is in White (and I have one in my White game) while Sawk is in Black.

Edit: Which is better? When you catch it, Sawk, definately, but Throh does improve.

DivineAll
8th March 2011, 04:50 PM
Gym 4 beaten... apparently Electric-types have gotten more annoying and powerful in the transition, but that might just be me. Also, battled Cheren and met Champion Alder. Cheren now reminds me of the Johto rival and Alder I instantly like. N, however, refers to himself as king of Team Plasma. Really? An evil organization monarchy? Well... that's new... and makes sense given the costumes of the Team.

Current team:

Pignite, Lvl 25
Herdier Lvl 26
Liepard, Lvl 26
Palpitoad, Lvl 26
Leavanny, Lvl 26
Sigilyph, Lvl 26

Now heading towards gym 5.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
8th March 2011, 04:56 PM
That's because most people like a heavy, fast hitter. Sweepers like Sawk are more 'usefull' ingame because OHKO most things, making it easier. Throh would take a hit first and then kill them; which is also good (revenge, vital throw, etc), but takes a toll after a while (let's say a long route).

Also, if IIRC Sawk and Throh are not version exclusives. You can find the other one in the shaking grass. Very rare, though.

Dark Sage
8th March 2011, 05:37 PM
It's not a monarchy. Judging from the opening sequence (which shows N being crowned) and the "sages" that run the organization, it seems that Plasma is more like a cult than a crime sydicate like Rocket and the others were.

Ultimate Charizard
8th March 2011, 07:45 PM
Sage has it pretty spot on, ive just beat N after the E4 and the true plot has been revealed. No spoilers but the guy you face after is a total assclown to beat.

DarkestLight
8th March 2011, 07:57 PM
I just stopped after that ferris wheel bull. Color me confused.

And how come all the breakdancers and basketball people are black in this game? LMAO.

Dark Sage
8th March 2011, 08:01 PM
I have some friends who understand Japanese who played the game months ago and let me in on the storyline. I guess you can say I was curious.

My opinion of the game is... Compared to ones in the past, it's unique. That's the best word for it. And the visual effects are great too.

Poryhedron
8th March 2011, 08:01 PM
I can confirm that Sawk and Throh are each available in both games. I have White, so Throh aren't tough to find, but I was farming Audino for EXP and came across a Sawk that way.

I love Cheren's early-game dialogue. "It's the Pokédex, right?" He's basically channeling players who've already played the first four generations and just want to get on with it.

DarkestLight
8th March 2011, 08:21 PM
Yes Cheren is exactly like everyone who's played any Pokemon Game before, he's flying though with types that can sweep each Gym. I had to stop and explore the Desert Ruins, got my Yamask and got everyone damn near to 30.

Drillbur's gonna EAT that next Gym alive!

CuteLassJigglypuff
8th March 2011, 11:04 PM
I'm playing Pokemon Black. I've beaten the first gym and I got the C-Gear. I also downloaded the Liberty Pass.

My current team is:

Snivy Lvl 16
Purrloin Lvl 14
Panpour Lvl 15
Audino Lvl 14

classy_cat18
9th March 2011, 12:05 AM
I have beaten the third gym! Tranquill w/ Super Luck + Scope Lens + Air Cutter = AWESOME.

My team is:
L21 Male Servile (Excalibur)
L22 Female Drilbur (Digger)
L23 Female Tranquill (Feather)
L22 Male Sawk (S.K. Guru)
L22 Male Blitzle (Max)
L21 Female Munna (Puff)

Mikachu Yukitatsu
9th March 2011, 12:58 AM
Sadly, I'm not sure if I missed one appearance of Team Plasma since my friend lended the game for a while, like I said. But somehow, they remind me of THIS (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17027).

Was mr_pikachu a predecessor of Team Plasma?

DivineAll
9th March 2011, 02:04 AM
Now in Chargestone Cave. Liepard is definitely useful if you use Hone Claws first. Also, my Gym Leader battles are somehow less successful than my Rival battles. Don't know why that is.

Current team:

Pignite, Lvl 29
Herdier Lvl 29
Liepard, Lvl 29
Palpitoad, Lvl 30
Leavanny, Lvl 29
Sigilyph, Lvl 29

Dark Sage
9th March 2011, 05:06 AM
I didn't know where to put this, but... I just caught a wild Pansage in the rustling grass in Pinwheel Forest.

Don't leave even one patch of rustling grass go uninvestigated if you can help it. You never know.

DarkestLight
9th March 2011, 06:22 AM
Wow ok. 4 Badges now. I....really an getting sick of all this Critical Hit business! I mean, has the Critical hIt ratio gone up to HALF? Aerial Ace Emolga is DISGUSTINGLY strong.

Note: Didn't know Electric Zebra evolved. Awesoooome!

Dark Sage
9th March 2011, 06:31 AM
That's nothing. Throh has a move called Storm Throw which is always critical. Its power is only 40, but like I said, always a critical.

DarkestLight
9th March 2011, 07:06 AM
No I mean in Gym battles. They land crits every other hit.

Yeah DS, I think its relative to what monkey you get from the girl in the Dreamyard, I saw a wild Panpour while running around there and was quite confused. So I'm confident I'll find the others soon enough

Jeff
9th March 2011, 07:34 AM
So, Ghetsis is tough.

Also, still looking for Deino. I know it's in Victory Road, and I've been in there doing a ton of level grinding, but I haven't seen one yet. Is there a specific room I have to be in?

Oh yeah, here's the current team:
Darmanitan
Galvantula
Braviary
Excadrill
Samurott
Zekrom

Edit: Well wouldn't ya know, just after posting that I walk right into the beginning of Victory Road and run into one. Even better, it only took 1 ultra ball at medium-low health. Oh, and just after that, I ran into another one.

Edit 2: aaaand, he's been taken down, credits rolled, but I still have a Pokemon league challenge to finish up. The whole ending sequence was epic. Saw the name "Hiro Nakamura" in the credits, thought that was funny. Game time: 35:31. Pretty sure I was up in the 40s for Diamond and SoulSilver, but I'm not sure if it's because this one is a bit shorter, or if I was just really booking it.

IceFlowGlaceon
9th March 2011, 12:04 PM
I'm on my way to my 5th badge trying to train up my Panpour Lv 20 Drizzle first

Link
9th March 2011, 12:30 PM
I'm in Pinwheel forest, and I am about to challenge the second gym leader. My friend said that the 2nd gym leader was easy, but let's see if he is right once I get up to him.

classy_cat18
9th March 2011, 12:32 PM
DAMN THAT N! First we go on a Ferris Wheel ride that seemed more romantic than necessary, and then he sics that weird psychic bird thing on me!

But I beat him. Oh yeah, I beat that sucka.

...He's kinda cute up close.

Charles Legend
9th March 2011, 02:06 PM
Sadly, I'm not sure if I missed one appearance of Team Plasma since my friend lended the game for a while, like I said. But somehow, they remind me of THIS (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17027).

Was mr_pikachu a predecessor of Team Plasma? that would explain his Disappearance maybe he is N after all we all know he is a grammar Nazi. ;)

Joking aside I'll be getting my copies soon....

~Charles Legend

DivineAll
9th March 2011, 03:50 PM
In Twist Mountain heading towards the 7th gym. Lucky Egg + 5th gen. exp. rate = fast level gains! Also, I love the gimmick for the Flying Gym.

Current team:

Emboar, Lvl 36
Stoutland Lvl 36
Liepard, Lvl 35
Seismitoad, Lvl 36
Leavanny, Lvl 36
Sigilyph, Lvl 36

Neo
9th March 2011, 03:51 PM
so far i beat the 6th gym

my team is
lv.35 scoutland
lv36 munna
lv.36 serperior
lv.33 ducklett
lv.36 boldore
lv.32 leavanny

DarkestLight
9th March 2011, 09:05 PM
Whats the exp change?

classy_cat18
9th March 2011, 09:16 PM
How should I put this...the greater the gap between your Pokemon and their opponents, the greater the EXP. So level grinding will be harder for stronger Pokemon, but weaker Pokemon can catch up very easily.

Ayeun
9th March 2011, 10:09 PM
I picked up the game today. I have currently narrowed my starter down to eather Snivy or Oshawott.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
10th March 2011, 01:39 AM
Oshawott will be more useful than Snivy, because of movepool and type coverage. Serperior is actually made to be a sturdy SubSeeder.

Hey don't get me wrong, I picked Snivy too and Serperior is a hot ass snake-pokemon, but Samurott will be provide bette coverage in the games (aswell as being a good water pokemon, as there aren't too much of those).

Dark-San
10th March 2011, 01:51 AM
You guys play fast... >.<;

I just finished up on the first gym and currently still leveling up most of the Pokemons.

My current team is,

Pignite Level 20
Pansaga Level 15
Herdier Level 20
Liepard Level 20
Audino Level 9
Munna Level 10

I also have a Level 20 Watchog in the PC. What are the basic Pokemon levels for the second gym?

MeLoVeGhOsTs
10th March 2011, 02:26 AM
I think around 15? One 17 Herdier IIRC.

Also, rode back to Nacrene to revive my fossil. Then went back, cleared Cold Storage and beaten Clay of Driftveil City (cool gym). Walter evolved aswell! Awesomesauce.

On Route 6 now, training Mai.

Team:

Walter l.37 (Serperior): Leaf Blade, Coil, Return, Leech Seed
Rick l.35 (Exadrill): Slash, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Hone Claws
Mai l.31 (Scraggy): Payback, Hi Jump Kick, Chip Away, Work Up
Boris l.31 (Tirtouga): Aqua Jet, Smack Down, Ancientpower, Crunch

I'm going to physical.. Need a special sweeper soon:D

Ayeun
10th March 2011, 04:26 AM
I have no idea what a 'SubSeeder' is...

MeLoVeGhOsTs
10th March 2011, 04:36 AM
It's a speedy pokemon, that sets up a Substitute, then uses Leech Seed and gains health back for a new substitute. Very annoying. Sceptile is the best Subseeder IMO, but Serperiors defenses make it very difficult to breach. It's a different approach, but it works!

Combine it with leftovers if you can. Or a Big Root with Gigadrain, or something.

Also, Reflect and Lightscreen are good choices for Snivy.

Reflect, Lightscreen, Substitute, Leech Seed is a real annoying supporting moveset for Serperior. Ofcourse, it's a flop ingame because it has no damage moves, but you get the idea.

EDIT: Toxic works great with such sets, as does sleeppowder.

DivineAll
10th March 2011, 11:53 AM
Finished Dragonspiral Tower, caught two of the three legendary musketeers, went on a little mini-catching spree, and am now back in Desert Resort to deal with Team Plasma.

Current team:

Emboar
Stoutland
Liepard
Seismitoad
Leavanny
Sigilyph
All Lvl 42

DarkestLight
10th March 2011, 02:13 PM
Ok currently in Uhh the fake Lavender Town dead Pokemon Tower. Saw Litwick, and that's gonna be my 5th in-game Team member (I know, so late, LOL)

So far its
Panpour
Serperior
Excadrill
Unfezant

All on 37 :D Litwick and I are gonna have a FIELD day :D

Jeff
10th March 2011, 03:12 PM
So yeah, lack of a reliable Internet connection for the past couple of days helped me get pretty far. Beat Morimoto, caught the muskedeers, saw Thundurus, and am still looking for two more sages.

Current team:
Braviary
Galvantula
Darmanitan
Samurott
Excadrill
Hydreigon

Charles Legend
10th March 2011, 03:24 PM
I'm in the cold storage

~Charles Legend

classy_cat18
10th March 2011, 03:57 PM
FIFTH BADGE GET! My Sawk is awesome! *hugs S.K. Guru*

DarkestLight
10th March 2011, 04:23 PM
Calling it quits at Twist Mtn. Seriously, the encounter rates are ridiculous! Every 2 steps is a fight! I'm not one to buy repels cause Leveling is crucial, but UGH. Get OFF me! Thank you for them Doctors strewn about.

And Cubchoo is nasty.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
10th March 2011, 05:40 PM
My squad is all at l.40. I'm currently on Route 7, 5 badges. Mai (Scraggy) and Boris (Tirtouga) both evolved. Gonna be adding a fifth teammember soon, maybe even a sixth.

Joltik and Litwick are my hypothetical choices for now. Would fill my team out, no?

Also, Shell Smash ftw!

Poryhedron
10th March 2011, 08:20 PM
...went to the amusement park in Nimbasa City...

Oh god, had my mind blown.

OMG N, WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?! Why take me on a ferris wheel? Why tell me these things? It's like you WANT me to stop you! D:

This game. Is gonna be so good.
If you're talking mostly about what he says after the battle, I think maybe he does want you to stop him. Or, more accurately, he wants you to try. Even if I hadn't read the plot synopsis before the game came out in English, I would still have gotten this impression of N based on the in-game dialogue...not only is he the "king" of Team Plasma, he's also the only member who isn't a hypocrite. He genuinely wants what is best for pokémon, and has come to believe that what is best for pokémon cannot involve the sort of relationship with humans that exists now.

When he meets you, however, he sees something that shakes his belief, even from the very first battle with him in Accumula. "I never expected to hear pokémon say such things!" Your character has something far too few humans have: mastery of the trainer/pokémon bond of love and trust that makes a person worthy of being a Player Character. Your battle with N after the ferris wheel ride is what makes N realize that perhaps he was hasty to give up on pokémon being truly happy in something like their current relationship with humans.

He's not ready to just drop all of his plans, but he is intrigued enough to want to know whether justice will side with him, or with you...

DivineAll
10th March 2011, 08:40 PM
And Drayden is beaten. Go Stoutland!

Current team:

Emboar
Stoutland
Liepard
Seismitoad
Leavanny
Sigilyph
All Lvl 45

Now going to the Pokémon League.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
11th March 2011, 05:57 AM
Decided against Litwick. Joltwik was on, though!

Now, all pokemon still at l.40 and Galvantula at l.45. What a beast. Finished side-quests and 6th gym with him to level up. Lucky Egg is the best tool in the entire pokemon franchise so far. Seriously, the time it saves..

Flying gymleader is ridicilously weak, although I like the looks of Swanna. It suddenly stretched it's wings as an animation, which I was like 'awesome'.

Just entered the cave where Cobalion is. Took it down to one HP, but only had 5 Ultraballs with me =/ Stupid me. Well, killed it (apparently it returns).

I received Surf, so I took care of all the little things I need to pick up and check out, which is actually A LOT!

Then I'm ready for Twist Mountain.

DarkestLight
11th March 2011, 06:46 AM
I finished Twist Mt, Ran through the 7th Gym (Hypocriiiite!!!) did Dragonspiral and ran back all the way to route 9.

Paused there, and then read this thread and realized my group is all on 43, Litwick is on 40 Yes Muggles, Lucky Egg is so damn great it hurts. That + Exp Share, OMG levelling is a breeze. But who can I refight, there arent any trainer numbers to receive? And where the hell is my fishing rod and Amulet coin!

Anyway, still debating on team member#6, but I think its time for me to go back to basics, and start from the beginning, look for all sidequests that I may have missed up until this point. Since they keep kicking me out the damn desert >O!

IceFlowGlaceon
11th March 2011, 09:32 AM
I am training up befor fighting skyla so i can walk through the gym

Jeff
11th March 2011, 10:31 AM
DL, you only get the Super Rod in this game, and you get it right after beating the game.

So yeah, team's up in the 60s now (the stadium and court are great grinding spots, for both experience and cash). Not ready for the E4 rematch, but might be ready to take on you-know-who in Undella Town. Not sure what else I plan on doing today, but I know those plans involve Kyurem. It's just that my false swiper is a Haxorus. Doesn't like ice or dragon moves. STILL haven't gotten Zorua and Zoroark yet. Pokedex is at 79/339.

DivineAll
11th March 2011, 11:54 AM
Augh... after a failed attempt in trying to defeat Ghetsis, I did just that. I mean, I could kinda understand the no saving in-between battles for the beginning, but at the end, for 3 battles in a row, against two Legendaries, one whom are you trying to catch, one part of a full 6 Pokémon team, and Ghetsis and his crazy uber-powerful Hydreigon... wow Nintendo, you really wanted to make the game easier yet harder simultaneously, didn't you?

Final team:

Emboar, Lvl 53
Stoutland, Lvl 52
Liepard, Lvl 52
Seismitoad, Lvl 53
Leavanny, Lvl 53
Sigilyph, Lvl 53

Will work on a brand new team to face off against the E4 for realz. It's going to be a looong and bumpy ride from here on out...

DarkestLight
11th March 2011, 04:41 PM
::Doubles his usual 15 revive 30 Full Restore 25 Ether Ideology:: Juuust in case. I cant wait till I start transferring my dudes over, got them all lined up in Diamond ready to go. Except the 25 or so that know Hm moves. Screw that noise. :D

EDIT: Decided to go try for Cobalion. Got Badge 8 (Litwick pwns them ALL with Will-o-wisp!) And then looked for some Water Pokemon (Where's Alomomola?) Ran through Whispering Cave (Expected something there, just found a bunch of TM's) :/, and now I saved right in front of Cobalion...and well Leech Seed works too well. -.- But then again I have only 8 Pokeballs, so I'll get it (Did the same to Victini so yeah, it'll happen.)

Now..Are there any other sidequests I can do now, pre Victory Road? Besides collecting all the rest of the items in the Desert and waking up those Zen Darmiatan?

Jeff
11th March 2011, 09:50 PM
Kyurem get!

I don't even remember how many times I resetted, it's all a blur now. Haxorus is only Lv. 51 (OHKOed by Glaciate and Dragon Pulse), so I got Galvantula to soften Kyurem up a bit with Thunderbolt, with the hope of paralyzing it. I was going to teach Galvantula Thunder Wave if my last attempt didn't work, but of course, it did. Galvantula never paralyzed it before getting taken down, so I decided to send out Haxorus and hope for the best. Luckily, Kyurem kept using Imprison and Endeavor, allowing me to False Swipe it all the way to 1 HP, after which I started chucking Ultra Balls. The third ball snagged it.

Unova dex: 62/147
National dex: 83/344

Ayeun
12th March 2011, 04:14 AM
Heh... Currently throwing balls at Victini... Go in god damn you!

DarkestLight
12th March 2011, 05:43 AM
Ok ok. Can I point out how the Game Designers made this a simple game by making Legends only minorly difficult to catch-which is the SINGLE BEST ACHIEVEMENT EVER? When I posted I stopped at Colabion, it was because I had to go. Figuring I could try once more, I turned on the game, started my fight, and third POKEBALL IN..CRITICAL CAPTURE!

Frickin' LOVE B/W MAN! On to Vicotry road cause Alomomola sucks.

Ayeun
12th March 2011, 07:14 AM
Heh... traded that Victini to a friend, and Restarting.

Gonna go with Oshiwatt.

IceFlowGlaceon
12th March 2011, 10:55 AM
Still blowing off fighting Skyla to train Venum my Joltik

Dark Sage
13th March 2011, 10:20 AM
I just defeated N in Chargestone Cavern, and managed to catch a Drillbur in the process. (False Swipe is the best thing since sliced bread in this game.)

I love my Sawk. It's the best Fighter I've ever used in a Pokemon game. It made getting past the Plasma Grunts a cakewalk.

classy_cat18
13th March 2011, 12:19 PM
About to battle my way through Skyla's gym. Deposited my Sawk for a while, and training my Sandile because I have no defense against Psychic types.

DarkestLight
13th March 2011, 02:11 PM
o.O....Litwick need to learn some mother frickin' attacks, Hex cannot be THAT great.

But nooooooooo, Victory Road is aggravating! >o I just hate Victory roads in all the games, they're just agonizingly long.

Ultimate Charizard
13th March 2011, 03:12 PM
Litwick, give him Energy Ball, Shadowball (learns it at 50 odd but can teach it to it) and Flamethrower and hes awesome.

DarkestLight
13th March 2011, 03:43 PM
Yeah he takes too long, but its worth it :D. I need to get all these damn TM's first. Ok Starting Victory Road tonight, I want my Keldeo damnit!

Dark Sage
13th March 2011, 03:45 PM
I'd like to give everyone a tip if I may...

Even if you've already caught a Drillbur, investigate every dustcloud you see in caves. You never know when you'll find something good. I just found a Thunderstone in one of them while hunting for Pokemon in Chargestone.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
13th March 2011, 05:01 PM
Victory road is always a pain in the ass, in every game. Bleg.

Also, Sage, what's so special about False Swipe in B/W?

Dark Sage
13th March 2011, 05:13 PM
False Swipe always leaves the target with at least 1 hp, letting you get them into the red without knocking them out. It makes Pokemon easier to catch.

True, it doesn't work on Ghosts, and it isn't easy using it on Rock and Steel Pokemon, but it still is a good move for catching Pokemon.

Poryhedron
13th March 2011, 05:44 PM
That's been the case ever since the move was introduced in the original Gold/Silver, though. What you said implied it's better in GenV.

I'm planning on getting a Pawniard/Bisharp with Thunder Wave and False Swipe, since for the first time, there doesn't seem to be any way of getting a pokémon with False Swipe and a sleep move before the National Dex.

Dark Sage
13th March 2011, 06:19 PM
That's been the case ever since the move was introduced in the original Gold/Silver, though. What you said implied it's better in GenV.

I'm planning on getting a Pawniard/Bisharp with Thunder Wave and False Swipe, since for the first time, there doesn't seem to be any way of getting a pokémon with False Swipe and a sleep move before the National Dex.

There were Pokemon in previous games who could do both? That's news to me...

Edit: Has anyone caught a Syglyph yet? I'm curious... I might try soon.

classy_cat18
13th March 2011, 06:47 PM
Edit: Has anyone caught a Syglyph yet? I'm curious... I might try soon.

I don't even know where to find one.

Update: At the seventh gym now. With my Victini (now nicknamed Doomsday) and Sawk, this badge is in the bag!

The Blue Avenger
13th March 2011, 06:58 PM
Sigilyph is a beast. Love it to death. XD

I just beat the Elite Four and am preparing to take on the endgame. My team, all at level 50, is as follows:

Eon (Galvantula)
Shaw (Oshawott)
Valjean (Victini)
Plank (Conkeldurr)
Damon (Golurk)
Hawley (Vanilluxe)

Of my team, Conkeldurr is surprisingly beefy, and he hits hard. Golurk is really good too, and I love Galvantula's Compoundeyes Thunder. Vanilluxe is probably my team member I'm least impressed with because of its movepool, but its Ice Beam is really powerful.

Poryhedron
13th March 2011, 07:16 PM

There were Pokemon in previous games who could do both? That's news to me...
Second Gen: Scyther learns False Swipe and can breed it onto Paras. Paras learns Spore.

Third Gen: Zangoose learns False Swipe and can breed it onto Seedot, who can breed it onto Shroomish. Shroomish learns Spore. In Fire/Leaf, you can use Scyther and Paras again.

Fourth Gen: Either of the above is still do-able, but before the National Dex, Kricketune learns Sing and can use the False Swipe TM. In Heart/Soul, you don't need a Scyther because Paras can use the False Swipe TM.

Dark Sage
13th March 2011, 07:46 PM
Siglyph is only found in the Desert Resort. It is rare, has a catch rate of 45, and the worst part is, even if you find one, it knows Whirlwind.

Thus, it is very hard to catch. I'm not sure if a Quick Ball will work, but it might be worth a try.

The Blue Avenger
13th March 2011, 07:56 PM
I caught one at one point; it wasn't too difficult. Paralyzed it, brought it down low, and chucked a few Ultra Balls at it. I guess I got lucky with it not Whirlwinding me.

That said, they are totally worth it. Sigilyph absolutely tears through most of the enemies in-game. Fast, good movepool, and it can take hits too.

classy_cat18
13th March 2011, 08:42 PM
Nahhh. Kinda changed my mind after I caught a Golett. First Critical Capture too! I think that will take the place of either Krokorok or Excadrill soon.

Went through Dragonspiral. N, you magnificent bastard! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO AND RESURRECT HALF A CONTINENT DESTROYING FORCE?

DarkestLight
13th March 2011, 09:13 PM
Went through Dragonspiral. N, you magnificent bastard! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO AND RESURRECT HALF A CONTINENT DESTROYING FORCE?

>> Just reached and beat the E4. They're not too shabby, Though that Psychic chick got a mouthful of shut the hell up once I reached her.

I quoted you classy because of what happens after the EF. MAGNIFICENT Bastard is so so so right!

IceFlowGlaceon
14th March 2011, 10:33 AM
Just beat the game working on leveling things up and evolving in case i wanna change me team every now and then working on catching legendarys

Link
14th March 2011, 10:44 AM
I am having trouble with the 4th gym in White. What did you guys do to beat Elesa? Which pokemon are good to use against her?

ChobiChibi
14th March 2011, 10:48 AM
I had my Herdier with Dig, pretty much. I just beat her yesterday. I had Blitzle to annoy her too, since she couldn't use any electric moves on it without just powering him up 8D

Blitzle with Flame Charge. Win.

I'm heading out to route 5 now. After beating all the trainers and stuff. Cheren was easy again, stupid boy.

Bear
14th March 2011, 02:50 PM
I beat the E4 and N on the first try, took me 2 cracks to beat Ghetsis because Hydreigon haxt the hell out of me. Best way to beat Elesa is to use the Sandile or Drilbur that you SHOULD have caught by now (please get one of these two for beating the game, they are indispensable).

Also AMAGA HUEG level spike after E4...50 -> 65!?!? Thank goodness for new EXP system + Lucky Egg.

EDIT: My team...

Emboar (M, Guy Fieri)
Stoutland (F, Belle)
Archeops (M, Bunker)
Lilligant (F, Audrey2)
Excadrill (F, soon to be named Moley Pitcher)
Zekrom (soon to be named Magikarp)

Most useful member - Lilligant (Sleep Powder + Quiver Dance ftw)
Least useful member - Stoutland (Well rounded stats, but doesn't really dominate anything)

Link
14th March 2011, 03:29 PM
I have sandile. I will train it higher so that I may succeed in the gym.

DarkestLight
14th March 2011, 06:24 PM
Speaking of. I decided to check out Route 17.

No one told me there was a Pokemon Egg over there, damnit. I think I know who it is too and I'm gonna be mad cause I coulda been had it leveled and evolved for this Reshi bullcrap fight that I'm gonna get started on real soon.

Got my Musketeers though :D What other legends are there for me to catch right now?

Jeff
14th March 2011, 06:30 PM
None yet. Maybe Tornadus, but not sure, I triggered Thundurus post-E4. Check out the house on Route 7 to see if anything happens. Kyurem and Landorus are post-E4 only.

DarkestLight
14th March 2011, 07:40 PM
Well then. Gotta level up Litwick so I can evolve it finally. I need Pain Split to be a utter pain in the ass XD

Bear
14th March 2011, 07:43 PM
How a Chandelier can be hit by Ground type attacks is beyond me...

But I have a Chandelure now and omg 145 base SpAtt is win.

Poryhedron
14th March 2011, 08:04 PM
I have sandile. I will train it higher so that I may succeed in the gym.
Advice: bring both Sandile and a Blitzle (or preferably a Zebstrika). Ground-types work great against the Gym Leader's own Zebstrika, but there are also a few Emolga in the Gym, and they're immune to Ground. Since Emolga takes standard damage from Electric, a Zebstrika of your own can mow them down; the Shock Wave attack makes a great answer to an Emolga who's abusing Double Team.

DarkestLight
14th March 2011, 11:08 PM
Beat game....Hydreigon is NO match for my Serperior! Ending is nuts...and now

1) National Dex. Gligar and Shroomish sprites are funny. Screw Hypno and Drowzee.
2) WTF WHY THE LEVEL SPIKE? My crew is in the 50's. LOW 50's. Why dey have 60's minimum nao!
3) Thanks to Jeff for Tornadus, Ida never visited that route XD. Yeah ummm he can kiss my ass. 3 wobbles THEN he breaks out and bolts? Screw that.
4) Seven Sage Shodown? Awesome.

I got some serious levelling to do-and I'm slighty aggy AI gotta level before I can reach the place to shift all my Pokemon over. I'm not catching a single old Pokemon. Oh btw. Uhh Route after Opelucid town. Why is it in French?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
15th March 2011, 12:52 AM
In French? What do you mean? Il faut que je...what the heck, I mean I must get there!

Had almost no time at all to play the game. Taking so many projects.

Drago
15th March 2011, 06:09 AM
Haha it's funny jumping ahead in this thread from the first few posts to the latest ones. Y'all got so far ahead so fast... :o

Anyhow, I started yesterday. Currently in Nacrene City. Toting...
Blitzle (Blitzkrieg)
Roggenrola (Ayatollah)
Munna (Abba)
Lillipup (Patrick)
Pansear (Bacon)
Oshawott (Beast Mode)

Jawesome.

Bear
15th March 2011, 09:55 AM
What should I name my Chandelure? I'm thinking of naming it Chair, since ISHOULDLEVITATE is too long :(

Dark Sage
15th March 2011, 10:24 AM
What should I name my Chandelure? I'm thinking of naming it Chair, since ISHOULDLEVITATE is too long :(

I named mine Pyre.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
15th March 2011, 01:41 PM
I'm at victory road right now. Other badges were a breeze.

Carl (Carracosta): Shell Smash, Smack Down, Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail [Solid Rock]
Mai (Scrafty): Work Up, Hi Jump Kick, Crunch, Payback [Shed Skin]
Rick (Excadrill): Swordsdance, Sandstorm, Earthquake, Rock Slide [Sand Rush]
Walter (Serperior): Leaf Blade, Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Wring Out [Overgrown]
Galvantala: Thunder, Signalbeam, Chargebeam, Gastro Acid [Compoundeyes]

All l.50, 'cept for Galvantala who's at l.55.

Looking forward to Victory road (first time!) and the league.

Lucky egg ftw.

Still don't have a 6th team-member, although Ducklett is doing a swell job:D

Charles Legend
15th March 2011, 06:17 PM
beat the main Story, I just cough a female Volcarona with a net ball no less.

My team at the moment is this...

Volcarona|Mothra|Female| Lv 70|Just added
Conkeldurr|Moblin|Male |LV 59
Serperior|Basil|Male|Lv 45
Krookodile| Jet|Male | Lv 43
Unfezant|Poop| Male|40
Jellicent|Male| Lv 40

~Charles Legend

DarkestLight
15th March 2011, 06:37 PM
Im sorry what? Where the hell did you catch a Volcarona? I want >/

Jeff
15th March 2011, 08:10 PM
Bottom of the ruins in Desert Resort.

DarkestLight
15th March 2011, 10:12 PM
Mother fu....ok yeah I got some time tomorrow. I got that stupid arse egg for nothing then? Dirty bastijjs. Lucky I cant play tonight.

Bear
16th March 2011, 08:35 AM
Yeah I caught Volcarona first try with Net Ball. Too bad it's Naughty and I'm going to have to breed/raise it from Lv1 anyway.

Also got stuck with Hardy Victini. Meh, don't care enough to worry about it.

Jeff
16th March 2011, 10:38 AM
Been doing alot of catching lately, I still have a bunch of evolving to do to fill my Pokedex. Yeah, I hope to fill it up this time, I tried in Diamond, but started working on it pretty late, so I figured I'd start trying as soon as possible with white. So far I got:

Unova: 79/147
National: 112/351

Charles Legend
16th March 2011, 02:27 PM
trying and failing to catch Cobalion any tips would be helpful...

~Charles Legend

Jeff
16th March 2011, 02:57 PM
The usual. Take plenty of Ultra Balls, save in front of it so if you screw up you can start over, and of course, False Swipe and sleep moves are your friends.

Anyway, finally beat Cynthia! Elite Four and Alder are next.

Charles Legend
16th March 2011, 06:56 PM
Thank you Jeff now I can explore the rest of the Pinwheel Forest...

~Charles Legend

Link
16th March 2011, 07:49 PM
I got the perfect pokemon for Elesa. I am going to beat her now with a little training, thanks for the help guys.

DarkestLight
17th March 2011, 07:09 AM
Why does your National stop at 351? (Thinks he realize..No, he doesn't realize the answer...since he has B/W Pokemon, they should be at the bottom of the Dex :O)

Dark Sage
17th March 2011, 09:15 AM
What a coincidence. I just caught Cobalion and Virizion.

They are quite hard to catch. Ultra Balls may not due the job, but Dusk Balls work wonders. (It was night when I caught Virizion, but its grove might count as dark enough even during the day.) You can buy them at the Pokemon Center in Driftveil.

Edit: I have a question of my own: has anyone managed to transfer Celebii and get Zorua yet? My second DS seemingly can't be used for the transfer. Granted, it's an old model, but it CAN run the game. Do I have to wait for the National Dex, or what?

Jeff
17th March 2011, 09:27 AM
Why does your National stop at 351? (Thinks he realize..No, he doesn't realize the answer...since he has B/W Pokemon, they should be at the bottom of the Dex :O)

That's just how many I've seen. It's even higher now since I've realized that you can go back to the stadiums and some of the people in there will have different pokemon than from before.

Also, finally took down Alder last night. Game time 70:06

MeLoVeGhOsTs
17th March 2011, 01:38 PM
Team before E4:

Carl (Carracosta): Shell Break, Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Rock Slide
Walter (Serperior): Leaf Blade, Giga Drain, Wring Out, Sustitute
Rick (Excadrill): Swordsdance, Sandstorm, Earthquake Rock Slide
Mai (Scrafty): Hi Jump Kick, Payback, Crunch, Dragon Tail
Galvantuala: Thunder, Chargebeam, Gastra Acid, Signal Beam

All at level 55, 'cept or Serperior and Carracosta who are at 53.

And I beat them. Easily actually, but I thank Mai for that. She had super-effective attacks on 3/4th of the E4. Great defenses, paired with a decent attack = killercombo! Also, unlike I predicted, Walter - my Serperior was very handy. Big Root + Giga Drain and Leech Seed was pretty solid. Marshall didn't stand a chance. Fast Tanks are a new concept! Wonderful.

New part: the cutscene's of Zekrom were amazing. Beating N and the Gethsis was really well thought off. I'm really impressed with Pokemon this time around!

Mai even withstood a full powered Focus Blast from Hydreigon and took it down with one Hi Jump Kick. Serioiusly, Scrafty is a beast! A beast with pants!

Carracosta was the least usefull in my entire team.

Also, Kyurem is probably my favorite legendary of all times (although I got the hots for Articuno,too!)

Knight of Time
17th March 2011, 01:55 PM
Well, I got both versions...I'm in the middle of getting both starters in Black first (so far, I've beaten the first gym and gotten the Pal Pad with Snivy as the main starter)...so far, I had help from a friend on another forum to help me trade my White version Tepig to Black...sooner or later, I'm going to restart White and go with Oshawott, then when I get that traded to Black, I'm going to start over on White and go for Snivy, eventually getting all three on White as well. I mean, it's a time consuming and slightly difficult process, but when starting a new game, getting all three starters in both games has to be my first priority.

Mystic_clown
17th March 2011, 02:49 PM
I've made it up to Nimbasa City, though I'm hanging around the Desert Resort to strengthen my pokemon. My current team is:

Dewott Lvl 25
Snadile Lvl 25
Lilligent Lvl 25
Sawk Lvl 22
Blitzle Lvl 24
Swoobat Lvl 22

Blademaster
17th March 2011, 05:02 PM
HEY I GOT THE GAME AND NOW I'M GONNA PLAY KTHNXBYE

DarkestLight
17th March 2011, 06:17 PM
What a coincidence. I just caught Cobalion and Virizion.

They are quite hard to catch. Ultra Balls may not due the job, but Dusk Balls work wonders. (It was night when I caught Virizion, but its grove might count as dark enough even during the day.) You can buy them at the Pokemon Center in Driftveil.

Edit: I have a question of my own: has anyone managed to transfer Celebii and get Zorua yet? My second DS seemingly can't be used for the transfer. Granted, it's an old model, but it CAN run the game. Do I have to wait for the National Dex, or what?

National Dex :O.

Jeff
17th March 2011, 08:47 PM
Also, Dark Sage, make sure you're transferring them via the relocator: http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22175

Anyway, caught Thundurus today.:D

Pokedex:
obtained/seen
Unova: 80/148
National: 126/374

Dark Sage
17th March 2011, 11:16 PM
Never mind, I figured out how to do it.

DarkestLight
18th March 2011, 06:55 AM
Haven't played since Wednesday. Gonna get on tonight and catch that first cloud dwelling idiot, then level so I can deal with this ridiculous level spike. 'Bout to make me start breeding a whole serious team man!

DivineAll
18th March 2011, 11:22 AM
Post-level spikes are still intimidating for gen. 5. I know the exp. rate was changed since the transition, but seriously, level 60-ish Pokémon from trainers you can consistently battle? At least for HG/SS they kept it mostly consistent and manageable for Kanto.

classy_cat18
18th March 2011, 12:28 PM
I've caught two of those four-legged legendaries. My Zebistrika was essential for both of them with his Discharge. Cobalion was a little tough but Virizion was a real bitch! Sadistic grass muncher!

Not sure if I'm looking forward to the third...

Dark Sage
18th March 2011, 12:39 PM
Virizion was a bitch to me too. My False Swiper for my Black game is Samurott, and it was getting pummeled by the thing's Giga Drain. but I caught it.

classy_cat18
18th March 2011, 07:17 PM
Oh yeah! Took down Drayden's strongest Pokemon with one Earthquake! Thank you, my lucky Excadrill! *smooches*

Dark Sage
18th March 2011, 10:43 PM
Okay, I just got the eighth badge in both games, and caught Tornadus and Thundurus in their respective games.

Right now, I'm leveling up Scraggy in both, to put on my team as the Fighter.

classy_cat18
19th March 2011, 12:20 AM
I didn't know they made the walk to Victory Road so epic. That was so awesome how they did that!

MeLoVeGhOsTs
19th March 2011, 10:10 AM
Got bored after beating E4 and started Black! I beat the second gymleader and just arrived at Pinewheel Forest!

So far:

Boris (Pignite) l.25: Flame Charge, Rollout, Arm Thrust, Work Up [Blaze]
Todd (Palpitoad) l.25: Bubblebeam, Uproar, Mud Shot, Aqua Ring [Swift Swim]

Wtf, Uproar now has 90 basepower, hoyo! Also, looking for a decent Sewaddle (yeah, I actually like Leavanny, dunno why, I just do o_O).

DarkestLight
20th March 2011, 01:52 PM
Ok. What the hell is the point of the Abyssal Ruins? I keep getting thrown out of there, and its pissing me off. ><

Anyway, got some time to play, and I haven't caught those cloud dudes yet. Been too busy connecting the eastern half of the map. My Black City is gonna shrink unless I do something stat!

And whats up with that one Towns night spirit stealing story? ::Gfaqs asap::

Dark Sage
20th March 2011, 02:35 PM
You really need a map to get anything out of the ruins. There's one on GameFaqs.

If you want to know a good way to catch Thundurus or Tornadus, PM me. I caught them rather easily.

DarkestLight
20th March 2011, 04:00 PM
I got it broken down. Watchog was made to catch roamers >D It just needs to STAY. IN. THE. BALL! >_O

Ruins are done. I still dun have two of them though...but BIG money!

Jeff
20th March 2011, 05:01 PM
Ok. What the hell is the point of the Abyssal Ruins? I keep getting thrown out of there, and its pissing me off. ><

Anyway, got some time to play, and I haven't caught those cloud dudes yet. Been too busy connecting the eastern half of the map. My Black City is gonna shrink unless I do something stat!

And whats up with that one Towns night spirit stealing story? ::Gfaqs asap::

Just so you know, the roamers are version exclusive, and you need both to unlock Landorus (like with Kyogre/Groudon in HG/SS).

As for that town. The monster they talk about is Kyurem. If you go out to the water, surf north, head back towards the town, and stay on that path, you'll reach the Giant Chasm, where you find Kyurem. It's Lv 75.

DarkestLight
20th March 2011, 05:53 PM
Got them both. No legend stands a change against my persistence. Hrm, not much left now. Caught a Ditto (Squee!!) and it will soon be time for shuttling my whole old posse's over. Caught a Deli too. Pory 2 and Chansey...that's all that's left.

Anyone did the Battle Subway yet? Or been to Anville town, for that matter

The Blue Avenger
20th March 2011, 06:54 PM
Anville Town is worth visiting. On weekends, there are dudes there who will trade items with you. One will give you a Revive for 2 Escape Ropes, and the other will give you a PP Up for a Stardust, which is excellent considering Stardusts are freaking everywhere in this game.

I just caught Kyurem, which means that, until I get a Thunderus, I've caught all the legends I can possibly catch right now. Next up on my list: Exploring Undella Bay and the Shrine.

Link
20th March 2011, 06:57 PM
I am at the Elite 4 with some underleveled guys. I am about to train them to level 40 or higher because when I fought two Elite 4 members the 2nd time in there, I got really outclassed by them. I am going to trade my guys over from HG/SS, Pearl, and Platinum when I have the time, and after I beat the E4, because the battles are becoming more intense as the game goes on.

classy_cat18
20th March 2011, 07:03 PM
Trying to get through Victory Road. AARRGH! MOST FRUSTRATING VERSION EVER!

As soon as I'm done with Elite 4, I'm going back to my fourth gen games and breeding me some pokes. I need an Empoleon!

Dark Sage
20th March 2011, 08:38 PM
I just got done with the main story in Black. Four words: Coolest... Elite... Four... Ever.

In response to your post, Heracross, my team was all lvl 50 before I tried to take them on. N is no pushover, and Ghestis is even harder. I'm going to have to take a break until tomorrow morning before doing it in White.

Shivaree
20th March 2011, 10:37 PM
Trying to get through Victory Road. AARRGH! MOST FRUSTRATING VERSION EVER!

As soon as I'm done with Elite 4, I'm going back to my fourth gen games and breeding me some pokes. I need an Empoleon!

Victory Road has always been a pain in the butt for every version, definitely not looking forward to this one.

As for me, I've gotten my 7th badge with; Emboar, Musharna, Unfezant, Zebstrika, Krokorok (for another level), and Carracosta. Not looking forward to the last gym leader either. X_X

Dark Sage
20th March 2011, 10:46 PM
I just finished the main storyline in White too, and... you'll never believe this... When I caught Zekrom, it was a critical capture!! I mean, I had one critical capture up to now, and it was when I caught a Timburr, but I actually made a critical when I caught Zekrom.

Too bad you don't get anything extra for doing it.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
21st March 2011, 10:21 AM
Finished everything in desert and picked up a Yamask! Then proceeded through Nimbasa to Driftveil where I caught myself a Ferroseedin Chargestone Cave. It even twirls as an action! Look at it go!

Now, I reached the flying-town and did some training with my new obtained lucky egg and everyone evolved to it's final stage, yay! Cleared out the Gym after that and just received Surf. Gonna do some surf-catch-up first.

Boris (Emboar) l.40: Flame Charge, Heat Crash, Arm Thrust, Hammer Arm [Blaze]
Todd (Seismitoad) l.40: Muddy Water, Flail, Dig, Rain Dance [Swift Swim]
Hei (Sygiliph) l.40: Air Cutter, Mirror Move, Reflect, Light Screen [Magic Guard]
Cogg (Cofagrigus) l.40 Will-o-wisp, Hex, Shadowball, Night Shade [Mummy]
Xxiva (Ferrothorn) l.40: Curse, Gyro Ball, Power Whip, Metal Claw [Iron Barbs]

Also, Iron Barbs + Rocky Helmet = win.

EDIT: Whooops, edited over =/

Dark Sage
21st March 2011, 12:29 PM
Figure this out:

In my Black game, I just got to Black City. One hour later, I turned on my White game and just got to White Forest. I got to them in roughly the same amount of time.

But... My White Forest has only two people in it, while my Black City has six.

I heard one report say that the number depends on how long it takes you to get there, while someone else said that it always starts out low. It seems to be completely random, given this odd situation.

What has everyone else encountered on their first visit to Black City/White Forest?

Bear
21st March 2011, 12:34 PM
Ok, so the biggest pain in the ass so far was Cynthia with her gfkvhgfejfjhsfdj level 75 pokes. I didn't expect this battle when I reached this area, and my team was HORRIBLY underleveled. I won, but not without spamming hyper potions and PP stalling. Rough stuff :)

Link
21st March 2011, 03:32 PM
I got Cobalion. Next stop is training my Throh, Krokorok, and Simisage to higher levels for the E4. I also plan to catch the two other cave dwelling legendaries which my friend claimed was impossible to get before fighting the e4.

classy_cat18
21st March 2011, 03:35 PM
No, it's possible. I haven't beaten the E4 and I've caught all three.

I just caught the one in Victory Road. Definitely the easiest to catch IMO, one Dusk Ball and it was mine.

Link
21st March 2011, 04:22 PM
It took me like 20 dusk balls to get Terrakion. You guys have it easy.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
23rd March 2011, 08:13 AM
Finished everything in desert and picked up a Yamask! Then proceeded through Nimbasa to Driftveil where I caught myself a Ferroseedin Chargestone Cave. It even twirls as an action! Look at it go!

Now, I reached the flying-town and did some training with my new obtained lucky egg and everyone evolved to it's final stage, yay! Cleared out the Gym after that and just received Surf. Gonna do some surf-catch-up first.

Boris (Emboar) l.40: Flame Charge, Heat Crash, Arm Thrust, Hammer Arm [Blaze]
Todd (Seismitoad) l.40: Muddy Water, Flail, Dig, Rain Dance [Swift Swim]
Hei (Sygiliph) l.40: Air Cutter, Mirror Move, Reflect, Light Screen [Magic Guard]
Cogg (Cofagrigus) l.40 Will-o-wisp, Hex, Shadowball, Night Shade [Mummy]
Xxiva (Ferrothorn) l.40: Curse, Gyro Ball, Power Whip, Metal Claw [Iron Barbs]

Also, Iron Barbs + Rocky Helmet = win. As is Curse + Gyroball. Only Emboar needs a better moveset for now. Sygiliph gets Psychic and Air Slash within the next five levels, so yay again.

Bear
23rd March 2011, 10:06 AM
Just wait til you can get Reckless Emboar from Dreamworld. Head Smash? Y/Y?

MeLoVeGhOsTs
23rd March 2011, 12:49 PM
I'm playing *coughromscough* so no pokes that need linking, no dreamworld, nothing:D

Gonna get payed soon, though and thinking 'bout buying a DS.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
24th March 2011, 09:47 AM
I added a new teammember and reached Icicurus City! Everyone is level 42, but Haxorus is 49:D Yeah, I totally like this dragon a lot. It's so different from the other dragons. No wings, no nothing. Badass design too. My first dragon I really like ('cept for Altaria who's not really a dragon in my eyes).

Gonna rock Bryce like a madman.

Boris (Emboar) l.43: Flame Charge, Heat Crash, Arm Thrust, Hammer Arm [Blaze]
Todd (Seismitoad) l.42: Muddy Water, Flail, Dig, Rain Dance [Swift Swim]
Cogg (Cofagrigus) l.42 Will-o-wisp, Hex, Shadowball, Night Shade [Mummy]
Xxiva (Ferrothorn) l.42: Curse, Gyro Ball, Power Whip, Metal Claw [Iron Barbs]
Haxorus (Haxorus) l.49: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, X-scissor, Taunt [Mold Breaker] <= It's adamant too:D

Link
24th March 2011, 10:26 AM
Haxorus is an awesome pokmon to have, nice team, also. Haxorus rocks with its cool image!

DarkestLight
25th March 2011, 06:34 AM
Was never a Dragon person my self. Then Flygon came out and I was halfway interested...then Garchomp came out and that was sex on steroids and power wheels--but Haxorus seems uuuh, I dunno. Halfway lame again?

MeLoVeGhOsTs
31st March 2011, 03:58 PM
Finished the league, N and Ghetsis. Decided to dump Sigilyph, it wasn't working out. I could've used him though!

Boris (Emboar) l.57: Flame Charge, Heat Crash, Head Smash, Hammer Arm [Blaze]
Todd (Seismitoad) l.52: Muddy Water, Flail, Dig, Rain Dance [Swift Swim]
Cogg (Cofagrigus) l.53 Will-o-wisp, Hex, Shadowball, Night Shade [Mummy]
Xxiva (Ferrothorn) l.52: Curse, Gyro Ball, Power Whip, Iron Head
Haxorus (Haxorus) l.53: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, X-scissor, Rock Slide [Mold Breaker]

Started a new game already:D Gonna do E4 stuff later, if I feel like it.

Worst member of the team: Even though he got me almost everywhere and he's the highest leveled I gotta say Emboar. A tad to slow for me, although the killer HP makes up for something.

Best member of the team: This time it's pretty hard. Haxorus is the only Dragon I really like (Altaria too, but she's more of a Flying type to me) so he gets a plus. Raindance-swiftswim-Seismitoad gets a mention too. It's not that good of an offensive type, but it's defenses are almost just as good, it's got killer HP and the rainboost makes Muddy Water (or Surf or Hydro Pump) a load heavier. Cofagrigus is a cool pokemon, but I need Calm mind and Energy Ball to really get the best out of him (it's up in late game I know). So since I summerized all my pokemon you know that Ferrothorn gets the trophy! Seriously, it has awesome defenses a good attack stat, [I]great typing and it's worst stat (speed) gets a postive turn with Gyro Ball. Curse really adds up to it's tanking (and pwning-gyro-or-powerwhip-) skills. Iron Barbs + Rocky Helmet is also the best form of secondary damage.

Gonna try some new ones in a jiff:D

Dryk
31st March 2011, 11:05 PM
Wow, a bunch of yall are ahead of me. I beat the E4 first time, but now I'm trying to acquire the power items to be able to ev train a few poke's. I'm just hopin to be able to play more this weekend, cuz I haven't had much time.

My team:
Gurdurr
Emboar
Cofagrigus
Gothitelle
Bisharp
Cobalion

DivineAll
31st March 2011, 11:47 PM
Ugh... post-game training is annoying and arduous... Thank the programmers and creators for Audino.

classy_cat18
1st April 2011, 12:11 AM
I thank them for the trainers in the Big and Small Stadiums, as well as the Rotation/Triple Battles in Opelucid City.

DarkestLight
1st April 2011, 07:39 AM
I'm in Route 6. Winter!!!!!! Time to rock all the items I couldn't grab before! Woot

Gary Oak
1st April 2011, 09:26 AM
So, a bunch of you have 8 badges huh? Well I already have 10!

Blademaster
1st April 2011, 03:39 PM
Big deal. I have 16.

Deal with it.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
2nd April 2011, 11:15 AM
Beat the third gymleader.

Team:

Ishi (Dewott) l.30 (Torrent): Razor Shell, Return, Revenge, Water Pulse [Sassy] @Quick Claw
Lee (Swadloon) l.27 (Leaf Guard): Return, Razor Leaf, Bug Bite, Protect [Careful] @ Sooth Bell
Fran (Krokoroko) l.29 (Moxie): Dig, Crunch, Swagger, Retaliate [Lonely] @ Eviolite

So far so good.

DarkestLight
2nd April 2011, 01:10 PM
just working on my Unova Dex. When I get a 3ds it'll only be a matter of shipping everyone over, so I already got that covered. Also now seriously considering who the hell is gonna be on my training endeavor. Side note, anyone got their Hidden Eeveeloution yet?

Double Side note: The wings you find on the drawbridge-do they act exactly like vitamins?

Blademaster
2nd April 2011, 01:21 PM
Just got my Jet Badge.

Team right now consists of Emboar, Galvantula, Cofragigus, Boldore, Unfezant, and Simisage the HM whore.

I am in DESPERATE need of a Water type, but cannot find a single one. They're in every fucking game en masse when you DON'T need them, but this time I am running out of time to find one and the only one I've come across is that tadpole thing that is fuck-ugly.

WHERE IS MY GODDAMN SURF HM OR FISHING ROD?! I NEED ME A FUCKING FRILLISH OR DUCKLETT OR SOME DAMN THING.

Jeff
2nd April 2011, 01:51 PM
Side note, anyone got their Hidden Eeveeloution yet?

Where!?

Blade: You can get a Ducklett in one of the dark spots that appears on the Driftveil Drawbridge. Also, if you picked the Cover Fossil, you can get Tirtouga in Nacrene City.

DarkestLight
2nd April 2011, 01:58 PM
o.O ::Links Jeff to what he just finished to get his Magic Bounce Espeon::

http://www.pokemon.com/us/fun-zone/online-games/play-to-befriend-a-pokemon_fg/

Stupid mouse kept messing me up, but It was either Espeon or Leafeon. This makes life MUCH easier.

Poryhedron
2nd April 2011, 02:22 PM
You can get a Ducklett; they fly over that one bridge where you can sometimes hear flapping wings above you. Stand under the bird's shadow and you might attract its attention.

You can also pick up a Cover Fossil from the Ancient Castle, bring it to Nacrene Museum and re-animate a Rock/Water turtle called Tirtouga. Very useful HMer.

Then, too, all three of the monkeys can be found in shaking grass in the depths of Pinwheel Forest, including the water-type Panpour.

Jeff
2nd April 2011, 02:58 PM
o.O ::Links Jeff to what he just finished to get his Magic Bounce Espeon::

http://www.pokemon.com/us/fun-zone/online-games/play-to-befriend-a-pokemon_fg/

Stupid mouse kept messing me up, but It was either Espeon or Leafeon. This makes life MUCH easier.

Ahh, finally got a Leafeon from that. Yeah, would have been much easier if the paddle didn't stop every time the mouse cursor left the game window.:/

Blademaster
2nd April 2011, 05:44 PM
Blade: You can get a Ducklett in one of the dark spots that appears on the Driftveil Drawbridge. Also, if you picked the Cover Fossil, you can get Tirtouga in Nacrene City.

Nay, I went for the Archaeopteryx because it's AWESOME.

Then, too, all three of the monkeys can be found in shaking grass in the depths of Pinwheel Forest, including the water-type Panpour.

Fuck that, those monkeys are ugly...

So I guess I'm gonna be doing some level grinding for awhile... Goddamn it.

DarkestLight
2nd April 2011, 06:57 PM
Yeah I'll get Leafeon/Chlorophyll later. That's the other interesting one I'd want.

DivineAll
3rd April 2011, 03:22 AM
Augh... hard post-game training is hard. Also, half the team I'm planning to use for post-game E4 is weak to Ground and Water. Will watch out for that when facing certain E4 members.

classy_cat18
3rd April 2011, 02:27 PM
This is the first Pokemon game in which I don't have a water-type Pokemon in my main team. I have my Tirtouga for Surf but...I don't know where to put him.

I have no idea which six Pokemon I should use for the Elite 4. Which makes it worse when I found out I have to take one out to make room for the legendary when I catch him for my battle with N. I only have room for six, but I'm training about eight and if I decide to train Tirtouga, that will just add to it.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
3rd April 2011, 02:49 PM
To decide which pokemon to keep (or add) I always go with this rule: if the match-type was set to 'no switching', which pokemon woud cover eachother? Like say your electric type, you need a flying type to catch Earthquakes, etc. Ghost for normal and fighting, or just a good resistor (like Ferrothorn or other walls/sponges).

Leavanny is awesome.

Blademaster
3rd April 2011, 03:11 PM
I just discovered that the awesome-as-fuck Gigalith is unobtainable because I can't trade it.

I'm this close to restarting this damn game. I love it, but Jesus did I pick a crappy team.

Cynder
3rd April 2011, 03:25 PM
Completed Black, and I'm up to iccirus city on White. I'm taking white slower than I did black, I mean I had completed the game by the next weekend! (Then I went out and bought white. Go figure.)

In case anyone's interested, I thought I'd post my teams :3

Black:
Samurott, Victini, Lilligant, Reshiram, Zebstrika and Krookodile. (Victini and Reshiram are replaced by Charizard and Mienshao in battles where legendaries aren't allowed)

White:
Serperior, Litwick, Carracosta, Axew, Swoobat and Scolipede. (Current team)

DivineAll
3rd April 2011, 03:49 PM
I have no idea which six Pokemon I should use for the Elite 4. Which makes it worse when I found out I have to take one out to make room for the legendary when I catch him for my battle with N. I only have room for six, but I'm training about eight and if I decide to train Tirtouga, that will just add to it.

Actually, it turns out using the version-exclusive Legendary is optional against N. I should know. I took it down with my awesome Seismitoad. True, I had problems with Ghetsis the first time around, but it was a small loss of money and items. Plus, you don't have to re-catch the version-exclusive Legendary if you have or haven't or rebattle N.

In the meantime, I'm going to find new training spots for level 50+ Pokemon because training against Audinos isn't going to really cut it at 50+.

Blademaster
4th April 2011, 02:38 AM
Just got the 8th Badge. Barely. Fucking Swanna can't learn ANY Ice moves prior to the E4? Really?

I'm probably gonna restart this game once I clear the E4. My team was just too shoddy and switched a lot to be really effective... Next time, I'm probably going to go with a more pre-planned team... Maybe Samurott, Swoobat, Scrafty, Emolga, Haxorus, and Chandelure.

DarkestLight
4th April 2011, 08:09 AM
Is Swoobat really useful? Really?

I just beat the E4 again. Realized I could level grind with them finally up until lvl 77 or so. No Idea how I'ma get them to 100 in a reasonable amount of time. Found those bastard sages too..finally got my Hone Claws. Now its on to complete the Pokedex! Meaning i need a 3ds..

Seriously, why does everything evolve at such damned high levels-.-

MeLoVeGhOsTs
4th April 2011, 09:24 AM
No it's not (Simple would help, but that's a Dreamworld ability). I do think it's a really cool looking pokemon with great attacks, stat-boosters, etc.

Gonna pick one up for ASB I think:D

Blademaster
4th April 2011, 04:51 PM
Is Swoobat really useful? Really?

No it's not

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best."
~Karen

I need a Pokemon that can learn Fly, anyway. Swoobat's Psychic typing is also useful since there are so many Fighting Pokemon in this game.

And yes, I know Sigilyph also fits those criteria, but that thing fucking creeps me out.

DarkestLight
4th April 2011, 06:36 PM
Don't quote that bitch to me, I'm prolly the only one here still rocking Watchog :/ Fair enough, I've learned that Unfezant is SHIT compared to every other bird this game has EVER offered. I just asked if it was useful :/

Blademaster
4th April 2011, 10:03 PM
I like Unfezant a lot.

It sucks compared to Staraptor and Pidgeot, Noctowl... I think even fucking SWELLOW was more versatile.

EDIT: Nope, Swellow is still the worst. Unfezant at least has Sky Attack. But other than that, yeah, sucky bird.

classy_cat18
5th April 2011, 02:04 AM
Unfezant has Super Luck and Air Slash. That definitely puts it above Swellow.

DarkestLight
5th April 2011, 06:44 AM
:/ Endeavor-Guts Swellow what? Swellow has Air Slash as well. Dun follow you. :/ Sky attack-bred on move for Swellow? Really dun follow you.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
5th April 2011, 07:48 AM
Unfezant could usefull, it's not terrible at all. It just has no movepool to work with.

Also, Air Slash is special, which doesn't really add up to Unfezant physical strenght.

It needs another generation to give it some usefull TM's, Movetutors, new level up moves, whatever. It'd rock Acrobatics.

And Sky attack is useless. Two-strike moves, bleg.

My Archen is sweeping White now, it's almost gonna evolve ^^

EDIT:

Just got out of chargestone cave and did a little Audino-training on Route 6.

Current team:

Ishi (Samurott) l.37 (Torrent): Razor Shell, Return, Encore, Aqua Jet [Sassy]
Lee (Leavanny) l.37 (Leaf Guard): Return, Leaf Blade, Bug Bite, Protect [Careful]
Fran (Krookodile) l.40 (Moxie): Bulldoze, Crunch, Swagger, Retaliate [Lonely]
Al (Archeops) l.37 (Defeatist): Acrobatics, Dig, Crunch, Rock Tomb [Jolly]
Cam (Lampent) l.41 (Flame Body): Flame Burst, Hex, Will-o-wisp, Night Shade [Rash]

Blademaster
5th April 2011, 05:43 PM
I deleted my last save. Time to start over and get a better team....

Link
5th April 2011, 06:26 PM
Good luck, Blade. I am almost done with White and it was a chore to get through Victory Road.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
6th April 2011, 03:42 PM
I just learned that Crygonal is the only genderless pkemon (besides Mew) that can learn Attract.

Kewl.

Blademaster
6th April 2011, 07:58 PM
...How would that even WORK?

DarkestLight
6th April 2011, 09:42 PM
It wouldn't :/

MeLoVeGhOsTs
7th April 2011, 12:16 AM
I'm not sure.

I think it does work, and it can attract both male and females (like Mew).

Everyone's attracted to pretty snowflakes, no?:D

Blademaster
7th April 2011, 04:16 PM
Yes they are.

But NOBODY is attracted to ugly fucking frozen demon langolier masks.

DivineAll
9th April 2011, 10:03 PM
After training for over 70 hours, I got a team into the Hall Of Fame. It was a long and difficult journey, but I did it. And for some crazy reason... I wanna do it again.

Hall Of Fame team:

Aerodactyl, Lv. 72
Lanturn, Lv. 70
Claydol, Lv. 71
Lucario, Lv. 70
Chandelure, Lv. 73
Stoutland, Lv. 71

Yeah... I used the same Stoutland I used when I beat the game. Made training go by much faster and smoother.

Mystic_clown
9th April 2011, 10:21 PM
Currently up to the Elit Four. Doing some grinding to get me up the levels. Here's my current team.

Samurott LV 48
Klang LV 43
Vanillish LV 43
Lilligant LV 42
Krookodile LV 41
Lampert LV 42

Yeah, still need to buff up my team.

IceFlowGlaceon
11th April 2011, 03:05 PM
A couple days ago i got my hasty natured victini i named him Momiji he is already level 94 working on geting him to 100 and trying to get a shiny volcorona by breeding my japanese female and english male so far only normal larvestas

MeLoVeGhOsTs
11th April 2011, 03:39 PM
Trained up on seven-sages-shit an sideworks. Now up on Route 11 hoping to pick up an impulsive capture to complete a team of six!

All level 66.

IceFlowGlaceon
12th April 2011, 11:12 AM
Leveled up my Momiji the Victini to level 98 last night

IceFlowGlaceon
13th April 2011, 02:52 PM
:D My momiji the Victini is finanly level 100 Now i am working on my level 66 braviery Razor

Blademaster
14th April 2011, 07:33 PM
You shouldn't double-post, Glaceon.

I've finally decided on my new team. I'm sad that 2 of them won't be available to me until the endgame, but considering how late my Vanillish joined in my last playthrough and she still kicked ass, I'm pretty sure I'll be fine with my first four until the time comes.

IceFlowGlaceon
20th April 2011, 11:01 AM
Hahaha sorry bout that. I am so happy i have finaly finished my Unova Dex all except the last three event pokemon and now i play the waiting game while working on getting Razor to level 100 he is already at level 81 ^^

ChobiChibi
20th April 2011, 01:24 PM
Still in Skyla's gym, but I traded in a Gothica today, no more slow Munna to deal with 8D YES.

I also gained a level 1 Spiritomb on Pearl... This makes me so so so happy 8D

Blademaster
21st April 2011, 11:26 AM
Current team consists of a Timburr, Dewott, and Woobat, as well as a Pansear named Becki.

Fittingly, Becki is the (HM) whore.

EDIT: Shoved a Fire Stone up Becki's ass so she'd become a Simisear. All is now as it should be.

Gonna have to make due with just those three Pokemon for now, though - Axew, Litwick, and even Emolga are still a fair ways off...

ChobiChibi
21st April 2011, 11:50 AM
Gooooooood :D

SIMISEAR IS ANGRY <3

I love how I edited my previous post and it just didn't update... Deerling evolved a while ago. So me team's lookin' slightly different these days.

DarkestLight
21st April 2011, 06:00 PM
I am working on filling my dex. Why cant they just use the Pokelocator to trade all them bastards over is still a mystery to me. But the minigame is pretty damn cool, and since its unlimited, this means a swift 4 hours of me trading from Ranch to Diamond to Black :D No more horrible disfigured Pokemon to stare at!

IceFlowGlaceon
22nd April 2011, 12:20 PM
Working on musicals with my Dewott Kross and trying to get all the items to dress them up with also workinh on getting cross to a high level so when he breeds he wont learn moves he is currently at level 41 Razor whent up a couple levels too

Dark Sage
25th April 2011, 07:58 AM
I just beat Adler, and now I'm working on completing the PokeDex. The PokeTransfer mini-game isn't the easiest thing in the world, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. So far I've transferred all the Starters and all the "baby" Pokemon that can't be obtained in Black and White.

DarkestLight
25th April 2011, 08:04 AM
It's not, but its damned fun if yer trying for a high score. Wait 'til half the time is over before catching them and wow it gets fun. But its a hell of alot faster than before :/

Still gotta level up all my B/W pokes. Reminds me...

homeofmew
25th April 2011, 08:15 AM
I haven't been playing much just got to elite 4.

Blademaster
25th April 2011, 12:20 PM
Finally caught me an Emolga. Time to rape huge birds and sea monsters with a 10-pound flying squirrel. :hellyeah:

Dark Sage
25th April 2011, 12:23 PM
Uh... You can get one of those via an in-game trade... You knew that, right?

Blademaster
25th April 2011, 12:36 PM
Yes Mr. State-The-Obvious-All-The-Damn-Time; it can't be traded until I get my ass over to Route 7, which is at least 3 cities from where I am now. I'm already going to be waiting that long for my Litwick and Axew; I don't need to waste time and experience NOT having a fourth Pokemon for that long, either.

Dark Sage
25th April 2011, 12:41 PM
Well, sorry... I didn't know you started the game over...

Darth CookieMonster
26th April 2011, 05:50 AM
I just got my game Saturday, and after trying out all three startes im finally sticking with a playthrough. I picked Tepig. My freinds picked Snivy and Oshawott.

Ive beaten three gyms and I am on R4/Desert Resort as we speak.

My Team:
Pignite
Sandile
Pansage

To Come:
Dewebble
Ducklett
Axew

DivineAll
26th April 2011, 04:43 PM
Testing out various 5th gen. Pokes and their fighting capabilities. Golurk, I swear, is a Physical behemoth, even without the Iron Fist Ability.

DarkestLight
26th April 2011, 09:16 PM
If Hydreigon wasn't such a BIOTCH to get to...I'd say this was my fav dragon.

classy_cat18
26th April 2011, 10:08 PM
YES! I BEAT THE MAIN STORY! SUCK IT, ELITE FOUR! KISS MY ASS, GHETSIS!

...Call me, N.

I'M FREEEEEEEE! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! *runs*

DarkestLight
26th April 2011, 10:17 PM
No you didn't :/ You didn't beat the Champion :O You always gotta beat the Champion to beat the main story!! ::Runs::

Darth CookieMonster
4th May 2011, 04:23 PM
So i am playing white and i have 5 badges. Im on r7 training before i go to the celestial tower. I have my victini as well.

Team:
Emboar 36
Crustle 36
Krokorok (the evovlve form of sandile idkbits name cuz mine has a nickname) 36
Pansage 33
Jotlik 32
Ducklett 32

DarkestLight
4th May 2011, 06:23 PM
oh hey. i got all 646! A winner is me. I ...havent really been on the Dream World as much, I dun find it THAT fun :/ Maybe when I'm seeking my Ditto I'll find it more fun. Anyway, I'm working on building my main battlers now, as well as fixing up the older guys should they need a newer move here and there. Figuring I got 20 or so Pokemon to choose from.

Excluding Ditto and Snivy since I need the DW ones, that leave me with 18 Pokemon to EV breed. I got Pokerus on an Eevee, now all I need are the Items like Macho Brace and the Anklets and junk.

Side note. Unity Tower Appeared. They're out of their minds if they think I'm gonna try and fill up every floor.

Darth CookieMonster
4th May 2011, 06:48 PM
Whats unity tower

DarkestLight
4th May 2011, 06:51 PM
I believe its a place that has a crapton of floors, and each floor corresponds to a trade you made with another person in a different country-and each floor is a different country, so by trading across the world, you can access all these floors. Too much work :/

But I could be wrong :Looks it up::

Crazy Elf Boy
4th May 2011, 06:58 PM
Just got my 8th badge and about to head to the elite 4.

Team
Samurott: lvl 65
Boldore: lvl 25
Pidove: lvl 13
Sandile: lvl 19
and 2 others I can't remember.

Darth CookieMonster
4th May 2011, 07:04 PM
Darkly how does dream world work? And is there any way to breed victini. I was rash and didnt wait to get a good nature for victini.. So now i might b fucked seeing as the event is over. And whats this i ear about magic eevee's

Blademaster
5th May 2011, 02:30 PM
I just arrived in Icirrus City again, my team finally full.

Swoobat - Level 36
Emolga - Level 36
Gurdurr - Level 36
Litwick - Level 38
Fraxure - Level 38
Samurott - Level 37

I'm kinda pissed that I can't evolve my Gurdurr because loltradingevolution, but then again, Conkeldurr is pretty fugly. And it doesn't correspond well to my Gurdurr's nickname, Bad Girl.

Cookie to anyone who gets where that name comes from.

Darth CookieMonster
5th May 2011, 05:48 PM
No idea >.>

classy_cat18
5th May 2011, 08:27 PM
Not a very good selection in the Dream World but you do get access to more areas and Pokemon the more you play. Soon I'll be ready to get my Scyther!

Also, WHY ARE THERE ONLY EIGHT BOXES? I FILLED UP NINE IN DIAMOND AND I WASN'T EVEN HALF DONE!

DivineAll
5th May 2011, 09:19 PM
Actually, there are 24 Boxes in total, classy. For some reason, the creators tweaked the box system a bit and gave a bare minimum starting out. To get the maximum, you basically put one Pokemon in one box apiece for the boxes you have starting out. Then log off Pokemon storage, and log back in and you'll find that you get 6 more boxes. Repeat the process with the new boxes until you get the max.

Darth CookieMonster
5th May 2011, 09:31 PM
Blade why do you like Emolga so much? Is it cuz u want an Electric type? Or is there something really freaking outstanding that i dont knowabout

Blademaster
6th May 2011, 03:51 PM
Well for one thing it's the best Electric-type that can be acquired relatively early in the game (I tried Joltik and Blitzle; the former was too fragile later in the game and the latter didn't have a very versatile moveset.).

For another thing, it's an Electric-type with a Ground resistance, which is always great. Hell, it resists everything except Rock and Ice attacks, which are few and far between.

And lastly, I almost always have a team of fully-evolved behemoths in my Pokemon games. Sure, all-out brawls between two huge monsters is awesome, but you know what's more awesome?

Cheren's 10-foot Serperior and Bianca's 300-pound Emboar. Being taken down in one shot. By something smaller than Pikachu.

Darth CookieMonster
6th May 2011, 03:58 PM
haha true. Honestly Garvantula doesnt disatisfy me. Maybe I read wrong but have you attempted to train one?

Blademaster
6th May 2011, 04:13 PM
I'm pretty sure I just said that I had a Joltik. It was just too frail for me to keep my patience with. By the time it evolved, I had almost restarted the game anyway.

Darth CookieMonster
6th May 2011, 04:34 PM
Aaahhh. I understand now.

DivineAll
6th May 2011, 09:08 PM
For some reason, I'm just laughing at some of my recent GTS trades and with semi-good reason too. The recent trades I make are often kinda ridiculous for what I want in return for my trade. For example, my most recent trade, I wanted a Spiritomb in exchange for a Goldeen... and I freaking got one. In addition, the Goldeen I put up for trade wasn't even a Dream World one. ...Just... wow.

Jeff
6th May 2011, 09:28 PM
So YOU'RE the one!

DivineAll
6th May 2011, 11:01 PM
Um... if you're the one I traded to Jeff, then let me make it up to you by giving you a real DW Lightningrod Ability Goldeen.

Jeff
7th May 2011, 06:20 AM
Lol, no, I just meant you're the one clogging up the GTS with unfair trades. Of course, I know you're not the only one doing that.

Blademaster
7th May 2011, 02:37 PM
Just beat Ghetsis at last. Fuck him. I feel bad for N now. :(

classy_cat18
9th May 2011, 01:53 PM
Actually, there are 24 Boxes in total, classy. For some reason, the creators tweaked the box system a bit and gave a bare minimum starting out. To get the maximum, you basically put one Pokemon in one box apiece for the boxes you have starting out. Then log off Pokemon storage, and log back in and you'll find that you get 6 more boxes. Repeat the process with the new boxes until you get the max.

Oh. Heh. Thanks for clearing that up.

Dammit, my old red DS broke so there's no way of transferring Pokemon from earlier versions. I want a Lucariooooooo! *howls*