PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon anime voices that you don't like

chanveil
9th March 2011, 01:47 AM
I personally don't like the voice of Jynx and Gothitelle in the anime.
The anime has ruined their voices and both of them sound like witches.
Jynx sounded like a scary witch and Gothitelle sounded like a wicked witch.

I also don't like the male Snivy's voice. The fact that they divide female voices and male voices is just wrong...animals shouldn't have this division.

I actually disagree with most anime voices in Best Wishes, they sound too human. Hahakomori sounds more like a mother than a bug... o.0

So, what's your opinion?

Blademaster
9th March 2011, 05:54 AM
Pretty much everything from the end of Johto onwards. Every Pokemon used to have an original voice. Then in Hoenn they just seemed to sort of give up...

Telume
9th March 2011, 07:54 AM
Dub voices in general tend to suck, take a look at Yu Yu Hakusho.

I can't STAND Kuwabara's voice.

In the pokemon anime well... I pretty much can't stand anyone's voice.

Ash's voice makes me cringe, so does Meowth's. About the only voicing that hasn't really changed too much is TR's but they're still bleh.

Dark-San
9th March 2011, 06:20 PM
Forget about English Duds names. They still give me an eerie feeling even till today. I will say the fast solution to this menacing problem is to stick to the Japanese given name. Like instead of Tepig, we should call it Pokabu etc. It sounds better right?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
10th March 2011, 12:12 AM
In the Finnish dub, James's first voice was awesome with that crazy laugh and everything. Then they changed it twice, the first time almost tainted Princess VS Princess. Still, that episode was my favourite episode for a long time, but currently I have no special favourite.

Blademaster
10th March 2011, 08:04 AM
I can't STAND Kuwabara's voice.

How can you not LOVE that voice?!