PDA

View Full Version : open challenge. ref needed

ryandude713
27th April 2003, 06:58 PM
3 vs 3 challenge
ref and opponent needed
dq = i week
arena = a beaten up construction site, formerly used by me, Cyrus, and super pika. Half of a construction site building is left with enough support beams to keep it standing. There are many loose rocks, and a ditch full of water, about 20 feet deep, coming from some broken pipes near the site. there are a few ditches in which a smaller pokemon can hide if needed.

i send first, u attack first

GO BLUTO
hes my slowpoke

ur move whoever responds

Mudkip14
27th April 2003, 07:37 PM
Hey Ryandude. I would take this challenge but I already have 3 matches going on. But that's not why I came here, I came here to offer my reffing services if you don't mind.

ryandude713
27th April 2003, 07:54 PM
right on mudkip
now i need an opponent

PinsirMaster
27th April 2003, 08:07 PM
Get Netbattle... this is pointless.

Icy
27th April 2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by PinsirMaster
Get Netbattle... this is pointless.

--; my god that was a lame post. I'd battle you but I don't have the patience for a 3 on 3.

Shadow Djinn
27th April 2003, 11:18 PM
l*counts matches* yay a slot left. Ill battle.

Ill use my male Umbreon Shadow.

Shadow, let's start off with a fairly large sub(bout 25%) to defend any oncoming attacks. Then, Toxic it! Finish with a nifty Confuse Ray, they always come in handy.

ryandude713
27th April 2003, 11:23 PM
psychic ~ safeguard ~ surf

Mudkip14
29th April 2003, 11:23 AM
Hello, sorry I tokk a little bit but here's the reffing.

PRE-BATTLE

I arrive early this time for time for the match I'm supposed to ref. I look around disappointed that the trainers aren't already here. While waiting I wander around the half way built building. Suddenly one of the iron bars swings at me and I duck under it just in time to avoind being smacked in the face. After the near miss I look up to see Ryandude. One of my old opponents. I swear I'll him back for that and the lose I suffered to him in our battle. We wait a little longer for an opponent to wander by and someone named Dark Templar accepts Ryandude's challenge. The two trainers take their places at opposite ends of the construction site. Ryandude chooses first. He apparently had already decided who he wanted to use he choose Bluto his Male Slowpoke. I cringe at the sight of him becuase he was the one that beat up my poor Cyndaquil in our battle. Dark Templar then chooses his pokemon. He finally decides to use his Male Umbreon,Shadow, The pokemon stretch a little bit to get ready for battle. After what seems like and hour the pokemon take thieir places in front of their trainers and the batttle begins. Dark Templar gives his attacks first.

Shadow let's start off with a fairly large Sub to defend any oncoming attacks. Then, Toxic it. Finish with a nifty Confuse Ray, They always come in handy.

Shadow gives a slight grin knowing that those a very good attacks. Ryandude doesn't look worried as he gives counters measures to his slowpoke.

Psychic~Safeguard~Surf

I look astounded at Ryamdude and his unwillingnessto explain his attacks any further than what to do before I wave my flags signalling the begining of round 1.

BEGIN ROUND 1

The match begins as both pokemon stare eachother down. The completely oblivious slowpoke slowly remembers his trainers orders and begins to focus on Shadow. Shadow starts to glow with an unnatural aura. He pulls body parts and energy from seemingly out of nowhere and form them to make a body double or Sub. The Substitute looks and moves like the real Shadow and has the same abilities as he begins to absorb the energies of Bluto's attack. Bluto after a long time of trying to get a mental grasp on Shadow gives up as Ryandude remembers that shadow is a dark tyoe and that dark types absorb psychic powers. So the first attacks are used up with absolutly nothing happening.

Stats
Bluto: 100%(HP) 98%(Energy) Still completly oblivious to the fact that there is a battle going on/ Fresh
Shadow: 75%(HP) 92%(Energy) Slightly Fatigued/ 25% Sub Active

The second attacks start as Bluto begins to wag his tail erratically and dance around in an odd manner. This causes a Halo of light to appear above his head and protect him. All this time Shadow was briging up a lethal poison from in the depthes of it's body to it's mouth. Shadow watch as his opponents strange movements appeared to do nothing but distract him. He spits out the glob of Toxic goo and watches as it HITS....... A SHIELD, yes apparently Bluto's dance was more than a distraction it was his way os summoning a barrier that protected him from status effects. Shadow angers again and not only plots ways to get back at his trainer but also how to destroy this Slowpoke.

Stats
Bluto: 100%(HP) 93%(Energy) Fresh and completly oblivious
Shadow: 75%(HP) 89%(Energy) Slightly Fatigued/ 25% Sub Active

Shadow still lost in thought does not notice as Bluto mobes a little closer to the water and begins to concetrate on it. Shadow looks up just in time to see the wave move rapidly towards him. He could have moved away and almost did untill he saw something that moved hi laugh really hard. The oblivious Slowpoke was drowning in his own wave. He was kicking and flaling his arms all over the place as the wave and himself crashed into Shadow. They both fell back and both felt a small amount of damage. I wave my Flags and Signal the end of Round 1

END ROUND 1

Stats
Bluto: 98%(HP) 89%(Energy) Fresh
Shadow: 75%(HP) 89%(Energy) Slightly Fatigued/ 18% Sub Active

Arena: Covered in water

EDIT: Changed Stats and changed small amounts of the reffing itself.

Cyrus
29th April 2003, 11:42 AM
While you are correct that Umbreon cannot be taught Substitute, Eevee can be taught Substitute in RBY due to the TM. Because of this, Umbreon can use substitute.

Mudkip14
29th April 2003, 02:15 PM
Well due to info that seems to make very litle sense I will re-ref the last round.

ryandude713
29th April 2003, 07:36 PM
dynamic punch ~ blizzard ~ tri attack

Shadow Djinn
30th April 2003, 08:56 PM
Ryandude, Slowpokes cant learn Dynamic Punch. Only SlowBROS can.

Ok Shadow let's do a Faint Attack at that Bluto, dissapear and strike him from behind! Next, Bite him! that sub should handle the damage. FInish with a dandy Shadow Ball Shadow!

Oh, ref, also, remember Bite is dark type now. Not that Im criticizing you or anything, but Im just reminding you. No offence:)

Mudkip14
1st May 2003, 11:25 AM
Yes Dark Templar I know that Bite is a Dark type move. Why you would remind me of that I have no idea. I will be editing this post later tonight to include a reffing.

ryandude713
1st May 2003, 04:56 PM
id like to state that it is possible for slowpoke to learn dynamic punch

here's proof. just check the g/s/c tm's (http://www.pokemasters.com/pokedex/079.html)

Mudkip14
1st May 2003, 06:57 PM
Actually my two sources beg to differ. I use an official Nintendo Power Silver, Gold, and Crystal Version magazine and Pokemon Stadium2 and both agree on the fact that slowpoke can not learn Dynamic Punch. If you can show me at least 2 other pokedex's that say Slowpoke can learn Dynamic Punch then I will ref the round with Dynamic Punch but if not then I will talk with other refs and find out if I should allow you to pick another attack seeeing as how the pokedex you were using was incorrect. You have untill the end of DQ time to post at least 2 more links to paces stating Slowpoke can learn Dynamic Punch

Shadow Djinn
1st May 2003, 10:26 PM
http://www.pokemondungeon.com/pokedex/slowpoke.shtml

http://www.upnetwork.net/pvg/dex/079.shtml

Dynamic Punch is TM1

ryandude713
1st May 2003, 10:52 PM
thats fine if i cant use it
if u'll allow, id like to post an attack other than that in it's place
that attack being earthquake

Mudkip14
2nd May 2003, 10:49 AM
I don't mind but that decision is up to Dark Templar.

Shadow Djinn
4th May 2003, 11:46 AM
ryandude, I will allow it, seeing that the pokedex you have seen showed a flaw.

ryandude713
7th May 2003, 08:11 PM
can we get a reffing plz?

Mudkip14
7th May 2003, 08:56 PM
Sorry I forgot about this match. My memory seems to be eluding me a lot latley. You will have a reffing up sometime tomorrow.

Mudkip14
8th May 2003, 04:19 PM
Sorry I took so long here's the reffing.

PRE-BATTLE

Stats
Bluto: 98%(HP) 89%(Energy) Fresh
Shadow: 75%(HP) 89%(Energy) Slightly Fatigued/ 18% Sub

The trainers gegin issuing their commands after trying desperatly to dry their clothes after being drenched by the wave.

RD: Earthquake~Blizzard~Tri-Attack

DT: Ok Shadow let's do a Faint Attack at that Bluto, dissapear and strike him from behind! Next, Bite him! that sub should handle the damage. Finish with a dandy Shadow Ball Shadow!

I release my Cyndaquil and the trainers come stand next to him and the flame on his back so they can dry their clothes and I wave my Flags signaling the begining of Round 2!

BEGIN ROUND 2

Bluto (the dopey pokemon) eyes his "fake" opponent. slowly trying to remeber what exactly it was that his trainer had ordered him to do. The real Shadow shakes his head at poor pokemon and quickly phases out of reality in an attempt to appear behind Bluot and tackle him with dark energy. Bluot finally remembers his trainers orders when he notices Shadow slowly disappear and suddenly reappear behind him instantaneously. It all happened so fast and Bluto watches as a black aura slams into him from the side and the darkness begins to surround him hurting him further. Altough Bluto does not know this pain yet and starts to pound the ground. This combined with his incredible mental powers create tremors in the ground. The ground shakes and rumbles beating up Shadow and the water that once covered the field runs into the crevices and into the depths of the Earth.

Stats
Bluto: 88%(HP) 84%(Energy) Fresh
Shadow: 75%(HP) 84%(Energy) Slightly Fatigued/ 8% Sub

Again Shadow begins to cackle with dark matter only this time it seems to quickly vanish back inside his body as he makes his way to his opponent. Shadow sleek shape and decent agility let him easiy manuever around the broken construction site and lunge at his opponent mouth wide open. Bluto again stares at Shdow blankly struggling to recall what his trainer asked him to do. He finally remebered, but it was to late for Shadow had finlly made it to Bluto and had bit hard into his rough skin to subject him to the dark matter dwelling inside his body that Blutos body so hates. In a sudden burst of energy a cold breeke begins to fill the arena as a storm of ice shards fly, as if from nowhere, straight at Shadow's Sub. The ice rips and tears at the opponent untill suddenly, she falls apart and forms as a heap of plasma on the ground. Bluto suddenly begins to feel the pain from the bite and realizes that he had been tricked and begins to search for his opponent.

Stats
Bluto: 82%(HP) 78%(Energy) Slightly Fatigued
Shadow: 75%(HP) 84%(Energy) Slightly Fatigued

Bluto spots his opponent and then again tries to fight his severe cases of Amnesia to try and remember what exactly to do next. Shadow, being sophisticated and as sharp as a fox, begins to charge a ball of negative energy. The orb of unfriendly energy grows larger and larger untill finally Shadow can charge it no more and he releases the darkness that he had collected at his opponent. The orb strikes Bluto and creates an explosion upon contact with the ground that sends Bluto flying back a few feet. The dopey pokemon then creates his own orb of energies. A red orb of fire appeares above Bluto and then diagonally down to the left and ball of ice and then straight the right of that an orb of electricity. The powers that bind our world together form as one and release themselves at Shadow in one single blast of energy. The wave of energy knocks Shadow off his feet as Bluto feels the effects of the shadow ball he suffered a little while ago.

END ROUND 2

[COLOR=burlywood] End of Round Stats
Bluto: 76%(HP) 72%(Energy) Slightly Fatigued
Shadow: 69%(HP) 79%(Energy) Slightly Fatigued

Arena: Torn to pieces by earthqukae. No more water.

Shadow Djinn
9th May 2003, 01:23 AM
Hm.hm.

Shadow, that Tri Attack is pretty handy, so create another sub for about 25%! Then, quickly use another SHadow Ball! Finish with a Swift!

ryandude713
13th May 2003, 10:07 PM
skull bash x 3

ryandude713
17th May 2003, 07:23 PM
sorry to overpost but can we get a reffing plz?

Mudkip14
18th May 2003, 10:47 AM
Sorry I've been having some connection problems and I also didn't notice you had posted attacks yet ryandude. There will be a reffing up by this evening:yes:.

Mudkip14
20th May 2003, 10:49 AM
Sorry to double post but you 2 may want to consider finding a sub-ref for a short period of time. I'm having connection problems and I don't know when it will be fixed so you can start the search.

ryandude713
9th June 2003, 02:08 PM
CAN WE PLZ GET A SUB REF!
ITS BEEN 3 WEEKS!

Cyrus
23rd June 2003, 03:47 PM
I was asked to subref, if this acceptable to you DT8 please post... If you don't post in four days I will sub ref...

Cyrus
27th June 2003, 11:09 PM
Round 3:

Prebattle Stats:

Bluto: 76%(HP) 72%(Energy) Slightly Fatigued
Shadow: 69%(HP) 79%(Energy) Slightly Fatigued

Commands:

Bluto: Skull Bash ~ Skill Bash ~ Skull Bash
Shadow: Substitute (25%) ~ Shadow ball ~ Swift

Battle:

This battle continues, takes the time to sculpt a perfect double to stave off future attacks. Yet as the Umbreon is applying the final touches the slowpoke’s head connects solidly with the fiend’s torso. While Bluto doesn’t recognize that he connected with his target, Shadow unfortunately cannot say that he fails to recognize the damage dealt by the head bruising his ribs. Ignoring the pain for the time being, the Umbreon summons an orb of darkness. As the unseen threat continues to grow, the Slowpoke drives his thick skull into the decoy, driving the decoy to the ground. As the decoy returns to it’s feet, Bluto is bowled over by the explosive orb of violet energy. Before Bluto is able to recover, a barrage of stars cut multiple shallow groves across his body. Ignoring the pain, Bluto drives his meaty head into the doll, shattering it under his skull.

Post battle Stats:

Bluto: 41%(HP) 60%(Energy) Slightly Fatigued
Shadow: 34%(HP) 63%(Energy) Slightly Fatigued

Cyrus
8th July 2003, 10:34 PM
I appear to have lost track of this battle, my apologizies. Ryandude713 needs to post attacks. No DQ due to a post in the abscenes tower.

ryandude713
8th July 2003, 10:40 PM
tri attack ~ bizzard ~ blizzard

Cyrus
16th July 2003, 10:11 AM
DQ Dark Templar 8, I declare Ryandude713 victor.