PDA

View Full Version : Risk: The Madness of War (The game)

Mystic_clown
16th March 2011, 09:12 AM
I'm still waiting for armies from Blademaster, Chobichibi, and Crystal Tears. But, we have enough players, so let's start getting the game set up, shall we?

First off, for those who don't know, here are the rules of the game:
http://www.centralconnector.com/GAMES/RISK.htm

At the moment, I am thinking of excluding the use of the cards in this game. I can't help but feel like they can be too game breaking, but I'll leave that decision up to you.

And now, for the map we will be fighting over!

http://graffletopia.com/images/previews/455/original.jpg?1250609516

Ok, and now, for the territories. As said in the rules, each of us will take turns placing armies on the map, claiming territories. The turns will go in this order.

1. Master of Paradox
2. Asilynne
3. Mystic_clown
4. Blademaster
5. Chobichibi
6. Crystal Tears

Now, let the territory claiming begin!

Territories Claimed

The Higher Unity (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=491490&postcount=6) (Master of Paradox)
-Eastern United States: 1
-Western United States: 1
-Eastern Canada: 1
-Greenland: 1
-Russia: 1
-Middle East: 1
-Ontario: 1

Terra (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=492189&postcount=12) (Asilynne)
-Western Australia: 1
-Eastern Australia: 1
-New Guinea: 1
-Indonesia: 1
-Southeast Asia: 1
-India: 1
-Irkutsk: 1

The Soldat Confederacy (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=492934&postcount=13) (Mystic_clown)
-Northern Europe: 1
-Southern Europe: 1
-Western Europe: 1
-Iceland: 1
-Scandanavia: 1
-Siberia: 1
-Yakutsk: 1

The Fourth Reich (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=493172&postcount=14) (Blademaster)
-Argentina: 1
-Brazil: 1
-Peru: 1
-Great Britain: 1
-China: 1
-Afghanistan: 1
-Central America: 1

(Chobi Chibi)
-Japan: 1
-Alaska: 1
-Venezuela: 1
-Egypt: 1
-Mongolia: 1
-Kamchatka: 1
-Alberta: 1

The Harvesters (Crystal Tears)
-Madagascar: 1
-South Africa: 1
-Central Africa: 1
-East Africa: 1
-North Africa: 1
-Ural: 1
-Northwest Territory: 1

Master of Paradox
16th March 2011, 10:58 AM
I claim the Eastern United States, for two reasons:

1. The backstory of my army places their origins in New Jersey, so it'd make no sense not to control it from the start.

2. It means I control Minnesota, and it just feels right to have my home state under my heel.

Asilynne
16th March 2011, 11:30 AM
I'll choose western australia. All the animals there are already trying to kill people XD

Mystic_clown
16th March 2011, 11:35 AM
Ok, Eastern United States and Western Australia have been claimed. For myself, I shall take Northern Europe.

Blademaster, it is your turn to choose.

Blademaster
16th March 2011, 12:50 PM
I claim Argentina, for reasons that my army sign-up will make all too clear.

Mystic_clown
16th March 2011, 08:11 PM
Argentina has been claimed. Chobichibi's turn.

ChobiChibi
20th March 2011, 01:14 PM
Gonna take Japan. Why not? I'll look after it.

Crystal Tears
22nd March 2011, 02:01 PM
Err... Madagascar. Yeah.

Mystic_clown
27th March 2011, 04:54 PM
Japan and Madagascar have been claimed. It's your turn Paradox.

Master of Paradox
28th March 2011, 07:19 AM
Because it would be a natural progression, I claim the Western United States.

Asilynne
28th March 2011, 04:39 PM
Eastern Australia of course <3

Mystic_clown
28th March 2011, 09:11 PM
Claimed. I shall claim Southern Europe. Your turn Blade.

Blademaster
29th March 2011, 01:52 PM
The Army of the Fourth Reich marches northward and claims Brazil in the name of Fuhrer Arya.

Mystic_clown
8th April 2011, 09:36 PM
Brazil is claimed. Your turn ChobiChibi.

Mystic_clown
10th April 2011, 08:54 PM
Ok, the amount of time it's taking for people to claim territories is rediculous. At this rate this game will never start. That's why I'm going to impose a time limit. If you do not claim a territory within 24 hours I will choose for you. You have all been warned.

Blademaster
11th April 2011, 12:20 AM
Awesome. About time this shit picked up the pace a bit.

ChobiChibi
11th April 2011, 03:38 AM
Sorry, I didn't see Blade had claimed stuff. His post was on the day of my dissertation, so I didn't see it. So sue me.

I'll claim territory when I get home-home. I can't see anything on my phone.

Also, it took you over a week to acknowledge Blade's post. Just sayin'.

Asilynne
11th April 2011, 09:11 AM
Its not aimed at you Bex, we were both getting frustrated at how long it was taking everyone and your turn was just the way it fell, don't worry <3
Lets just all stay on this thing so that we can get to the real playing, this 24 hour rule applies to me too so I'll do my part ^-^() And I'm staying on Ben about it too because setting up a game is my least favorite part of playing it XD

Blademaster
11th April 2011, 12:49 PM
Or, as I'd say, cry about it more.

ChobiChibi
11th April 2011, 03:26 PM
Or, as I'd say, cry about it more.

lol wut?

Alaska, plz.

Blademaster
11th April 2011, 09:41 PM
Wait, Japan and Alaska aren't touching... You can do that in this game?

Asilynne
11th April 2011, 09:52 PM
Wait, Japan and Alaska aren't touching... You can do that in this game?

When you're choosing countries in the beginning of the game they don't have to touch. When you are playing and you want to conquer a country, it has to be a bordering country.

DUH lol

Blademaster
11th April 2011, 09:58 PM
I know. And Japan and Alaska aren't bordering.

DUH lol

Crystal Tears
11th April 2011, 11:43 PM
The attitude in this topic is amazing. Lol

South Africa.

ChobiChibi
12th April 2011, 07:05 AM
Normally in this game, you get given cards with random countries on them, and they be the ones you get. However, since we're picking, why would I let anyone get a continent if it boosts their army? :P

Asilynne
12th April 2011, 09:10 AM
I know. And Japan and Alaska aren't bordering.

DUH lol

When you're choosing countries in the beginning of the game they don't have to touch.

Please tell me you get it now. I made it SO very easy to read.

Blademaster
12th April 2011, 05:07 PM
So on my next turn I could claim, say, Afghanistan or something?

I'm not going to, but if that's the case... huh. Never knew that.

Crystal Tears
12th April 2011, 11:15 PM
Normally in this game, you get given cards with random countries on them, and they be the ones you get.

Depends on the type of risk you play, there a different ones. Ones with cards, ones with no cards.

Mystic_clown
14th April 2011, 03:06 PM
Alaska and South Africa are claimed. Since it's been 24 hours and Paradox hasn't selected a country, I shall choose for him. Eastern Canada is now under the control of the Higher Unity.

Asilynne's turn.

Asilynne
14th April 2011, 06:36 PM
New Guinea my good man!

Mystic_clown
15th April 2011, 07:31 AM
New Guinea is claimed. I will claim Western Europe.

Blademaster's turn.

Blademaster
15th April 2011, 09:47 AM
The Fourth Reich advances northward equilaterally, and assumes control of Peru.

ChobiChibi
15th April 2011, 03:02 PM
Venezuela, plz :3

Crystal Tears
15th April 2011, 08:22 PM
Central Africa.

Master of Paradox
15th April 2011, 09:05 PM
The Higher Unity extends its reach to the north and takes hold of Greenland.

Asilynne
15th April 2011, 09:12 PM
Indonesia I believe that says?

Mystic_clown
16th April 2011, 08:27 AM
Territories claimed. Terra now possesses the whole continent of Australia. This grants them 2 additional armies each turn as long as they hold it.

The Soldat Confederacy shall claim Iceland.

Blademaster
16th April 2011, 10:02 AM
With a secure flow of resources and a mysterious (yet of course not a threat) force blocking advancement into Latin America, the Army of the Fourth Reich takes to the sea and sky. London is bathed in a rain of fire Hellsing-style as Great Britain is seized in the name of Fuhrer Arya.

ChobiChibi
16th April 2011, 12:09 PM
Egypt plz :3

(I need to make my army. My overuse of the ":3" smilie in this thread makes me think it should be some kind of rabid fluffy bunny army... Nah. I'll work on it lol)

EDIT: OH. Just wanted to check something Ben. In most Risk boards, Alaska joins up with whatever that furthest North East Asian country is (can't read it). Is this the case? It just seems veeeery odd that there's not a big red line between those two countries.

Mystic_clown
16th April 2011, 12:23 PM
Great Britian and Egypt have been claimed.

Also, yes, Alaska can attack Kamchatka (I think that's how it's spelt) and vice versa.

Blademaster
17th April 2011, 01:10 AM
I was wondering about that, too. Thanks for clarifying.

Mystic_clown
18th April 2011, 03:49 PM
Since CrystalTears hasn't posted, she has been assigned Eastern Africa. Paradox, your turn.

Master of Paradox
18th April 2011, 08:37 PM
Sensing interference to the west and south, the Higher Unity decides to move east, as it cannot go any further north.

Overnight, a bizarre electrical field descends over Russia. St. Petersburg is soon filled with blank-eyed men and women, who overwhelm the sitting military. Within a week, Russia is tapped into the Higher Unity.

Asilynne
18th April 2011, 08:44 PM
A cloud of mosquitos suddenly descend upon Southeast Asia, driving the human population to seek shelter elsewhere or perish ;D

Mystic_clown
20th April 2011, 07:17 AM
The Soldat Confederacy grabs the last piece of Europian territory left, and claims Scandanavia.

Blademaster
20th April 2011, 11:00 AM
The Army of the Fourth Reich takes to the seas and skies, and quickly establishes a firm grasp over most of China.

ChobiChibi
20th April 2011, 01:19 PM
Mongolia, plz. Hey neighbour *waves*

Crystal Tears
20th April 2011, 09:00 PM
The skies over North Africa darken, and not a soul is seen vacating the land, yet none dare venture towards the black clouds either.

Master of Paradox
20th April 2011, 09:55 PM
The same electrical activity that struck over Russia happens over certain countries in the Middle East. Over the course of a few days, transparent soldiers phase through walls and attack key political figures, while trucks laden with computers and electrical equipment roll through the desert.

Not more than a week later, the Middle East is under the control of the Higher Unity.

Asilynne
20th April 2011, 10:36 PM
A sound like thunder rolls through the countryside as a giant herd of elephants stampedes across India, sending it's one billion people into mass panic as they flee the country or are crushed underfoot.

Mystic_clown
20th April 2011, 10:43 PM
Using clever aerial tactics, the Soldat Confederacy manages to slip by the Higher Unity and claim the frozen lands of Sibera.

Blademaster
21st April 2011, 11:30 AM
A sound like thunder rolls through the countryside as a giant herd of elephants stampedes across India, sending it's one billion people into mass panic as they flee the country or are crushed underfoot.

Elephants aren't carnivorous.

The German-steeled boots and war machines of the glorious Reich roll past all resistance and establish a foothold over the nearest remaining available landmass: Afghanistan.

ChobiChibi
21st April 2011, 11:43 AM
That one that nobody seems to be able to read plz :3 (Kamchatka?)

Asilynne
21st April 2011, 07:49 PM
Elephants aren't carnivorous.

The German-steeled boots and war machines of the glorious Reich roll past all resistance and establish a foothold over the nearest remaining available landmass: Afghanistan.

Did I mention them eating anyone? No. Herbivores can crush and kill people just as well as carnivores you silly ;)

Blademaster
22nd April 2011, 11:26 AM
Did I mention them eating anyone?

The nation is basically every predator animal in the world, potentially. The Great Mother calls the main predator animal of each of her zones of influence to fight for her in this battle.

Herpaderp.

Asilynne
22nd April 2011, 09:26 PM
Herpaderp.

I'm a woman I can change my mind anytime I want :p

Mystic_clown
23rd April 2011, 08:32 AM
Afghanistan and Kamchatka have been claimed. As it has been 24 hours, CrystalTears is assigned the country Ural.

Paradox's turn.

Master of Paradox
23rd April 2011, 01:45 PM
Hostilities are inevitable. Soon the entire world will be claimed between the six forces, and then battle will break out over who will dominate. X-51 contemplates how it stands.

The electrical storm breaks out over Ontario, and radar dishes turn in very specific directions. Blank-eyed men and women wade through the snow to assemble crude but effective walls along the borders, and transparent soldiers patrol the eastern half of Canada. Ontario is in the hands of the Higher Unity.

The Higher Unity is prepared for war.

Asilynne
23rd April 2011, 02:39 PM
The sky darkens over Irkutsk as every species of local bird swarms in and maliciously attacks the human population in a Hitchcock-esque manner!!

Terra is prepared to retake her planet.

Mystic_clown
23rd April 2011, 04:15 PM
With preperations for the great war underway, The Soldat Confederacy moves in to claim Yakutsk. With their hold on the world established, The Confederacy waits and prepares for the glorious war to begin.

Only Alberta and Northwest Territory remain unclaimed.

Blademaster
23rd April 2011, 06:25 PM
Only Alberta and Northwest Territory remain unclaimed.

Those two...

...and also, Central America.

Central America is the Fourth Reich's seventh and final foothold. Venezuela may be in enemy hands, but such nuisances can be and have been easily circumvented; by air and by sea, the Fourth Reich takes Central America by force.

The Anschluss's are being fed by the millions. Reports of the opposing armies are coming in clear as a bell. And Fuhrer Aryra is prepared to engage anything and everything that stands in the way of the Master Race!

"SEIG HEIL!!!! SEIG HEIL!!!! SEIG HEIL!!!!"

Mystic_clown
25th April 2011, 11:36 AM
Ok, as it has been 24 hours, the last two territories shall be assigned. Chobichibi shall recieve Alberta. The Harvesters shall recieve the Northwest Territory.

Now that the territories have been assigned, one last thing. All armies have 13 armies remaining, to use to strengthen their territories as they see fit. We will do this all in one post to save time. Paradox, assign your remaining armies.

Master of Paradox
26th April 2011, 09:11 AM
X-51 considers its options. With one army in each of its seven territories, it has thirteen units to place elsewhere.

It begins by sending three units to Ontario, to bolster itself against the newly-arrived enemies on its doorstep.

It sends two units to Russia, to prepare for any actions it takes to the East.

It sends another unit to the Middle East, for the same reason.

It sends two units to Greenland, thereby giving it a linchpin to the North.

Finally, it sends two units apiece to the Eastern and Western United States, setting the last unit in Eastern Canada, to defend its heartland.

Its preparations are complete.

Mystic_clown
26th April 2011, 09:24 AM
Ok, just to clarify very quickly. At the beginning of the game, everyone had twenty armies. With each side having seven territories, each with one army in it, each side now has 13 armies to place in their territories (minimum of one army in a territory). Just thought I'd clarify this.

Blademaster
31st May 2011, 05:25 PM
Oi fuckin' cunt wankah when's this shit gonna pick up and go somewhere?