PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Pokemon from each generation

qazwsxed
22nd March 2011, 09:55 PM
Here's another fun little opinion thread:
Name your favorite Pokemon INTRODUCED in each generation.

Here are mine:
G1 (RGBY): Raichu
G2 (GSC): Umbreon
G3 (RSE): Flygon
G4 (DPP): Glaceon
G5 (BW): Lilligant

Drago
22nd March 2011, 11:04 PM
I like this thread. :)

G1 (RGBY): Venusaur
Still #1 in my book. Originally my favourite was Vulpix, but that shifted when it looked far too wussy to have Vulpix as a favourite. My love for Venusaur stems from the mega badassery that my very first Pokemon featured. We all have a special place for our first Pokemon. Dragonite is #2, incidentally.

G2 (GSC): Quagsire
It was a toss up between Quagsire, Ampharos and Typhlosion. In the end I decided Quagsire, because I just remember being so excited by a water Pokemon that was resistant to electricity. Yeah I know, 4x grass weakness, but Quag, like nearly every other water Pokemon can counter with Ice Beam. Poor Grass Pokes are so screwed over by Ice Beam. I liked using Rollout with Quag, though I doubt I ever really used it well.

G3 (RSE): Swellow
Really close decision between Swellow and Breloom. In the end I went Swellow because this was the first Pokemon that I ever used tactically. Focus Band + Endeavour, with a little bit of Double Team thrown in to increase annoyance... I never intended to have a Swellow on my Ruby team, but it worked its way onto the roster by just being awesome at taking down enemies it really shouldn't. It got its ass kicked, and that made it just so much better.

G4 (DPP): Mismagius
Suicide Magus FTW. Mean Look + Perish Song? Great fun. It was the kamikaze rebirth of Trapbat, and I never grew tired of it. I should have named it Chiaotzu. :D

G5 (BW): Sawsbuck
It's still early days and I'm testing different Pogeys out, but so far Sawsbuck has been the most effective. Horn Leech+Leech Seed+Leftovers/Shell Bell = a whole lot of recovered HP. Add on Thunder Wave, and I intended to have Swagger in there to add to the opponent's annoyance, but Jump Kick just proved too effective to scrap, to the point where I actually use it more than Horn Leech. Anyhow, annoying Pokemon = good fun!

classy_cat18
23rd March 2011, 01:22 AM
Gen 1: Scyther in the games, Mewtwo in the anime. Yeah, I know it's weird but up until the fifth generation I had never used a legendary in the games. Plus Mewtwo is awesome in the anime.

Gen 2: Umbreon. It was the first Pokemon I nicknamed, the first Dark type I trained. I remember laughing every time an opponent tried using a Psychic attack on it.

Gen 3: Hm...Swampert or Zangoose. I'm going for Swampert, for the same reason DragoKnight chose Quagsire. Immune to Electric attacks. For me, it could learn Earthquake. Sweeet.

Gen 4: Lucario, Lucario, Lucario. Force Palm? Sweet. Aura Sphere, a special Fighting move with a base attack of 90 and always hit? Even sweeter! Can learn Dragon Pulse via level-up, and Dark Pulse and Ice Punch via Move Tutor? AWESOME!

Gen 5: Right now, gotta go with Excadrill. Anyone that gets me through Dragon types so smoothly gets a high place on my list.

Special mention goes to Pidgeot (Gen 1), Ampharos and Quagsire (Gen 2), Swellow and Cacturne (my prime contest Pokemon in Gen 3), Roserade and Empoleon (Gen 4, Roserade being my Grass type and Empoleon my dragonslayer), and Victini (Gen 5, my first trained legendary).

Andrew
23rd March 2011, 07:39 AM
Gen 1 - So, so many of these I loved. Mr Mime, Staryu, Jynx, Lickitung. But I'd choose Squirtle. After seeing in the anime being awesome so often, how couldn't you love him?

Gen 2 - Corsola from a fun standpoint, but Umbreon was a nice tank to use.

Gen 3 - I didn't like a lot of these ones, but I quite liked Ralts.

Gen 4 - Gallade. I thought it was a nice point of difference!

Gen 5 - I'm weirdly liking Litwick and Sawk.

Knight of Time
23rd March 2011, 09:40 AM
Gen. 1: The first Pokemon I really liked here was Hypno, but when I first learned about trading Pokemon between two games, I began to like Alakazam more.

Gen. 2: Typhlosion hands-down. Of all the Fire types new in GSC, Typhlosion came on top for me, Houndoom a close second.

Gen. 3: Absol. It's hard not to like a Pokemon with such high Attack, but they've been fairly good in RSE battles for me.

Gen. 4: Drapion, for some reason I've been so drawn to the Poison/Dark monstrous scorpion Pokemon, that not only do they look cool to me, but using one with Sniper and at least one move they can get that has a higher than normal chance of causing a critical hit (e.g. Night Slash and Cross Poison) has been fun...even moreso with a Scope Lens...I mean, I'll admit it's not the best item choice for Drapion, but when pushing your luck for critical hits, my good luck can become some opposing Pokemon's bad luck in battle.

Gen. 5: Excadrill. I've been waiting to see a Pokemon with drills for hands, and as such, I am so tempted to raise one for later in B/W once I get a chance to catch and evolve a Drilbur.

Some of my other honorable mentions (besides Houndoom, as mentioned above) also go out to Blastoise, Machamp, Jolteon, Feraligatr, Garchomp, and Krookodile.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
23rd March 2011, 12:38 PM
G1 (RGBY): Raichu - I think it was my favorite simply because everyone else liked Pikachu.
G2 (GSC): Umbreon - Extremely strong and spiffy looking.
G3 (RSE): Absol - Just because of the looks really.
G4 (DPP): Glaceon - I liked how cocky it looked in Pokemon Battle Revolution.
G5 (BW): Blitzle - Zebras are awesome.

Jeff
23rd March 2011, 01:19 PM
My favorites tend to change from time to time, but right now, I'd have to say they're:

Gen 1: Aerodactyl. It was one of my favorites back then and still is, along with Gyarados, Mewtwo and of course, the legendary birds.

Gen 2: SCIZOR! It's just so cool looking. Runners up: Crobat, which I've used in both Gen 3 and 4, and Kingdra.

Gen 3: Shedinja. It's a reanimated cicada shell that can steal your soul, what's not to love? Gardevoir is a close second here. Flygon is another one.

Gen 4: Man, some of my all-around favorites in this gen. I'll have to go with Gallade though, Lucario is a close second. Some of the others that really deserve mention here: Carnivine, Electivire, Yanmega, Porygon-Z, and Rotom. Gen 4 is probably my favorite gen.

Gen 5: Chandelure. Oddly enough, I haven't trained one yet, but I do plan on training one for the Battle Subway. Others: Zoroark, Galvantula, Braviary, Hydreigon, and Volcarona.

The_Missing_Link
23rd March 2011, 01:47 PM
Gah, so many choices

Gen 1: I have a lot of favorites from this gen but I have to go with Charizard. Such a badass

Gen 2: Scizor. I actually never used one in game but on looks alone, it's tops

Gen 3: Flygon. Probably my favorite dragon type

Gen 4: Empoleon. Best starter of its generation. Second place goes to Lucario though

Gen 5: I'm not really attached to anyone from this generation yet but I like Excadrill

Blademaster
23rd March 2011, 02:24 PM
Gen 1: Poliwhirl. One of the few cool mid-level evos I know of and a nifty Water-type, to boot.

Gen 2: Houndoom.

Gen 3: Do you need to ask? BLAZIKEN, of course!

Gen 4: Gonna go with Drifblim here for being a unique concept and a unique type combo.

Gen 5: My Black team hasn't advanced that far yet, but I've really taken a shine to my little buddy, Roggenrola.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
23rd March 2011, 04:01 PM
Gen I: I have this weird thing for poison types =/ The 'real' ones, I mean no weird hybrides like Venusaur, Gengar, etc. Muk is wicked, Weezing and Arbok both have awesome designs and Golbat is just sex (Zubat and Crobat are both bleg). Still, nothing can beat Exeggutor. Wait, Slowbro did.

Gen II: This is by far the most difficult generation for me to choose from. I just like most of the pokemon here. Magcargo, Sneasel and Misdreavus are toptiers, but Murkrow gets the trophy here.

Gen III: I was gonna go with Cradily at first, but then I noticed Mawile again! I really like Mawile, still, Sableye is number 1 (very big mention to Medicham too).

Gen IV: Tied between Abomasnow and Froslass. I really can't decide.

Gen V: Not quite sure yet, but Ferrothorn is pretty high on my list. As is Mienshao! Honorable mention to Garbodor and Whimiscott.

Chris 2.1
23rd March 2011, 06:14 PM
Gen I: Electabuzz. Never liked its new evo, this is such a badass Pokemon. Looks great in the Orange League intro, absolute legend.

Gen II: At the time, I loved Marill. I used to be known as Shinymarill because I caught one on Silver and had it on my team with an everstone. However, I'd say Heracross. I have a thing for cool non-evo Pokes, and headbutting to get Heracross was so worth it.

Gen III: MEDICHAM. Love her. Star of my fanfic, epic wielding fighting psychic monkey. Such a fluid, graceful but fierce Pokemon.

Gen IV: Probably Honchkrow, Torterra or Glaceon. Oddly fond of Lumineon after training one though.

Gen V: Haven't played. But quite like Reinculus (sp?) for its gooey wobblyness. Chandlure is also epic good.

DarkestLight
23rd March 2011, 06:58 PM
Man, this is a great topic.

Gen 1: Scanning back through, I'm really going to have to go with a tie for my fav Pokemon introduced this gen. Pidgeot and Ivysaur. Not Venu, Pokmeon that get fatter in evolution piss me off. Pidgeot though, I dunno. Maybe it was because it was my first Bird Pokmeon, maybe because it HITS MACH 2! It ROX, and I don't care how bad its movepool is, I always train one! Ivysaur was mid-range perfection, and even with its psychic weakness, I'd beat Sabrina's ass like she owed me money.

Gen 2: Hrm :/ There's no flipping contest. TY-RAN-I-TAR RAN this biznitch. I got my Pupitar to lvl 55 and I was the baddest kid in high school for having him and stomping on everyone's dreams. I honestly didn't even know that Pupitar evolved again, but OGOD, I love T-tar. Crazy cool type combo-screw weaknesses,-- I wrote so many fanfics, RP
ed one online back in AOL chats for YEARS. Special shoutout to Celebii. Time traveling pixies rocks yo.

Gen 3: Uhhh I think this was the Gen when I solidified my stands on Grass and Dark Types being my top two. but also upset Shiftry and Cacturne sucked so hard. Absol was cool, and shoutout to Meta whom I didn't love 'til last Gen, but RSE goes to the one and only Duskull. Funny ol ghost with a whole lotta attitude! No one messes with the mummy!

Gen 4: Hrm. Not even a game how much Togekiss set me off. That ball of flying fluff jumped from being damn near the worst Pokemon I ever seen (Togepi/tic) to HOO MYY GOD sex on a stage. But he's tied with the first dragon I ever loved-Garchomp. I abstained from dragons (even though I admittedly gave Kingdra love...for a bit) because everyoe wanted them.

Then I saw Garchomp, and my fanfiction swerved to pick up one! My god this thing is awesomesauce on wheels! Flies? Check. Fearlessness? Check. T-tar savagery? CHECK! Whats not to LOVE!

Lotta 3rd and 4th place ties in this category..now that I think about it.

Current: Still working out the kinks of this gen thus far. I don't have much experience with anyone, but Chandelure and Serperior are pretty hot so far. I'm also loving the umm...I don't know its name. The flying thing that pisses me off with Psybeam and Tailwind...Sigilyph? I love it cause I can't find it. XD Yeah. Oh and YES Reinuculus! I want I want I want my amoeba ovum divided awesome!

nsmbwii
23rd March 2011, 09:16 PM
Generation 1: I have a hard time deciding which is my favorite. It's a tie between Porygon or Victreebel.

Generation 2: Pupitar is cool, even if it is just a hot-gas propelled cocoon. Where does the gas come from anyway?

Generation 3: Banette is creepy-cute. Evil doll with a zipper for a mouth? Heck yes! Not sure why it did not get an evolution in 4th generation like Dusclops did though.

Generation 4: Rotom's Heat form is my second favorite pokemon overall. A haunted oven equipped for battle while toasting your bagels is always useful.

Generation 5: Too many to choose from... Mandibuzz, Volcorona, and Heatmor standing out among the swarm of new monsters.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
24th March 2011, 12:34 PM
GEN I ARTICUNO Clearly The National Pokemon of Finland. Even my TPM profile proves I worship this Legendary Bird who is said to appear to doomed people lost in icy mountains.
Articuno, Lumen Luoja, Talven Tuuli, Jumala Jään!
Articuno, Creator of Snow, Winter Wind, God of Ice!
Revontulet pyrstössäsi tuo ja sano: "Luoksenne vielä hetkeksi jään."
Bring the Northern Lights in your tail and say: "I'll still stay for a moment with you."

GEN II SKARMONY As I posted in 20-100 Word Pokemon. Now what is more awesome than a Steel/Flying Metal Bird. A Steel/Flying Metal Bird. Almost like Heavy Metal. Come on, its armor doesn't even prevent it from flying superfast.

GEN III MILOTIC One word. Beauty.

GEN IV MAGMORTAR I found Generation IV surprisingly hard. What comes to the anime, I always prefered Sinnoh's snowy fields after Hoenn's overratedness, but now that I look at the Pokemon, there are lots of your average Pokemon that would qualify, like Garchomp or Bronzong. But I chose this one since I have it in ASB and it's a gift from Blademaster!

GEN V GOTHITELLE /,,/ ^_^ /,,/

Shivaree
24th March 2011, 12:54 PM
Gen 1 - I'd say Nintales, I mean, it can set a curse on you for a thousand years and it can control your mind. Pretty badass.

Gen 2 - Houndoom, if it wasn't obvious enough. If it burns you, the pain never goes away. I say Houndoom and Ninetales are both pretty good to have as allies.

Gen 3 - Mightyena or Absol, but I also quite like Mawile and Flygon. Wasn't a huge fan of this generation.

Gen 4 - I like Pachirisu, because I'm obsessed with squirrels and it's just too cute. But I love the Eeveelutions here and also Lucario, Luxray and Floatzel.

Gen 5 - I don't like 90% of this generation but I do like Sawsbuck, Axew, Braviary and Krookodile.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
25th March 2011, 06:14 AM
Also, tied with Mienshao is the Haxorus line (especially Fraxure). I really like the 'dragon' designs on this pokemon. No wings! So dinosaur like. Awesome. Took me a while before I really liked it, though.

CuteLassJigglypuff
25th March 2011, 09:42 PM
Gen 1: Have a lot of favorites in this generation but I'm going to go with Jigglypuff.

Gen 2: Bellossom because I think it's pretty. I also love Celebi, Marill and Espeon.

Gen 3: Skitty because I love kittens. I also like Milotic, Latios and Latias.

Gen 4: Pachirisu because it's cute. Other favorites from this generation are Manaphy, Mesprit and Shaymin.

Gen 5: I have not played Gen 5 much but I really like Purrloin and Audino.