PDA

View Full Version : TPM DC Area Convention - August 6th = GREAT SUCCESS!

Asilynne
28th March 2011, 04:48 PM
TPMNoVa 2011
The first annual TPM RL meetup!

.:The Birth of the Idea:.
After much half-assed discussion about the remote possibility, me, Sarah and Ben have decided that since there are quite a good number of TPMers in the DC area we should have some sort of TPM meetup convention ♥ Who would be willing to come?

Basically this topic is to gauge the interest level of such an event, and also to try to see when people would be able to do it. Also, specific locations in the DC area you might know of would be great! I know a couple people on Facebook have already expressed interest, but this will give people I don't necessarily know that well a chance to give ideas and plan for it also.

UPDATE 7/09/11: I have added the list of attendees and the events for the weekend. I am also in the process of sending out confirmation PMs to everyone on the confirmed list and the maybe list. Since we are about a month away from the event, this will be the final headcount, barring any last minute changes. When you receive your PM please RSVP asap. Also RSVP any guests so that we have an accurate count of how many will be there and can accommodate accordingly. NOW WOULD BE THE TIME TO LET PEOPLE KNOW IF YOU NEED HELP WITH TRANSPORTATION AND ACCOMMODATION!!! We have a few people offering so its best to let them know asap!

UPDATE 6/24/11: We now have a firm date for the TPMfest weekend, it will be the weekend of Aug 5-7 2011! Mark your calendars now!

.:The Details:.
Date: August 5-7, 2011
Events: BBQ, pool party(both water type pool and billiards), games, DC tour, more ideas welcome!

.:The People:.

Magmar-CONFIRMED PENDING WORK NOTICE
Redstarwarrior-CONFIRMED
Asilynne-CONFIRMED
Kuro Espeon-CONFIRMED
Mystic clown-CONFIRMED
Bear (and Bearette XD)-CONFIRMED
Jeff- CONFIRMED
Link 10 (Matt H. via facebook)

Maybes:
Telume-WILL NEED A RIDE FROM MIAMI FL

.:The Events:.

BBQ/picnic
Indoor/Outdoor games
Pool Party
ULTIMATE FRISBEE
Watergunz/waterbaloons or other sorts of watersports
Various sports like volleyball, soccer, baseball etc whatever people like

.:Lodgings:.
Here is where I will put up some lodging options, also we will offer to house a couple people at our house from out of town, depending. PM either me, Sarah or Ben for questions.

.:Transportation:.
Here is where I will list the people offering rides to various out-of-towners, or rides from Vienna metro to party location. Post in here to ask or PM!

Ultimate Charizard
28th March 2011, 04:53 PM
Well my plans to head over to Magfest next year is still on and i think thts usually in the DC area.

Wont be till next January and its more a Game/Music Con than Anime or whatever but still...

Jeff
28th March 2011, 06:26 PM
You can count me in!

As for what time is out of the question for me, well, my brother graduates June 3. We haven't nailed down a date for the party yet, but it most likely won't be any later than mid-June. Of course, what with Bear's gettin' hitched and all that, that's already out of the question, but just to let you know I'm one more person who can't do early June. Also, early July would be a problem, because my Dad's 50th is the 7th. Don't know when the party for that's going to be yet.

The only other thing I can think of is if/when my family plans to do a vacation this summer. I don't think it's going to be a problem though, in recent years we've just done a few day trips through the week.

Anyway, it sounds like fun! One question though, when's the Cherry Blossom Festival this year?

Telume
28th March 2011, 06:52 PM
I'll go, 'course I'll have to drive up to DC. It's a pretty long drive for me being in Florida and all but, I'd be willing to meet some TPMers, just tell me when and where.

Drago
28th March 2011, 07:33 PM
Thread is now sticky. Eh Bear, eh?

RedStarWarrior
28th March 2011, 07:48 PM
I was going to sticky it, you cunt.

Anyway, you know I'm in.

Asilynne
28th March 2011, 07:54 PM
Heh, Cocking...XD jk Thanks for the sticky!

The Cherry Blossom Festival is actually going on right now, I think it lasts until April 10th. I know for a fact I'll be up there this Sat for the Steampunk Event ;D But the cherry blossom festival might be a bad time for the BIG meetup since its such short notice.

We could possibly make it for Mid to Late June? Or Mid to late July. I'd need the 4th of July free for my family's celebration (also its Ben's first 4th of July!) So really any weekend in July save for the 4th would be fine for me. In August we're planning for Otakon so that could be a possible meetup place, if anyone would be interested in an anime convention (biggest one on the east coast!)

Also whatever we end up doing, we could always be super nerds while we're at it and bring our pokemon games and DSes XD

Jeff
28th March 2011, 08:45 PM
I'd be willing to bring my DSi and White Version. Might bring my 3DS if anyone else has one and wants to swap StreetPass data.

Otakon is an I dunno for me. I know Baltimore pretty well, and have been up there plenty of times, but I'm more of a video game geek than an anime geek.

Magmar
28th March 2011, 08:56 PM
I would be interested, it's just a train ride for me :)

Kuro Espeon
28th March 2011, 09:36 PM
Of course I'm in! :D

I'm all for the BBQ/Cook-out idea. There are several places around here that have picnic pavilions with grills, so we could always take over one of those. People could bring stuff to share as well (I'd be willing to help supply stuff for burgers and hot dogs if we do decide to have a cook-out).

But yeah, early June is out for me as well. Bear's wedding is the 11th, and being his sister I'm kinda expected to be there (since I'm in the bridal party and all, lol). I'm thinking Mid-July would be a good idea. Just throwing a date out there, how would people feel about the weekend of July 16th (Saturday)?

Oh, another thing, we could also extend an invite to former members that don't frequent the boards any more but are still considered "TPMers". Anyone who is in contact with any of those people should feel free to let them know about this as well.

Bear
28th March 2011, 10:12 PM
As long as it's not during my honeymoon. Pretty much all of June is out, now that I think about it. Any other time Xtina and I will gladly drive down.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
28th March 2011, 11:31 PM
:cryingfinn:

Have fun without me, I hope this will work out. Send me some pictures when it all happens! As for suggestions, you might want to play some videogames. Like Asilynne and Jeff mentioned already. Board games would be fine too.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
29th March 2011, 02:14 AM
If I had money, I'd fly.

And barbeque for you guys, since it's a hobby of mine:D

Magmar
29th March 2011, 01:03 PM
I would be down for early July or later. I'm very busy this spring, with finally graduating (!!!), graduate school admissions, there is potential for a Chicago trip in June... But it looks like we're talking July regardless. Anytime in July or August is fine with me!

Edit: Should we make a poll with potential weekends?? Would the 4th of July weekend work well for any of ya'll? We get Monday off for the 4th! (Shameless plug: My birthday is the 5th. :P)

Blademaster
29th March 2011, 02:07 PM
If I have my license and a job that pays well by then, I'd love to meet up with some of you fuckers.

I probably won't have both AND the stones to come, though. I are sad now. :cry:

abunaidesu
29th March 2011, 02:31 PM
If I have my license and a job that pays well by then, I'd love to meet up with some of you fuckers.

You're 23 and you don't have your license? o.o

Ultimate Charizard
29th March 2011, 03:18 PM
Im 28 and i dont have one..... Sometimes Driving isnt a Priority lol.

Kuro Espeon
29th March 2011, 04:47 PM
Edit: Should we make a poll with potential weekends?? Would the 4th of July weekend work well for any of ya'll? We get Monday off for the 4th! (Shameless plug: My birthday is the 5th. :P)

4th of July probably won't fly. Most of us will probably have stuff to do with family that weekend (I know I will and Asi will too). The following weekends (July 8-10, 15-17, and 22-24) seem to be up for grabs though. My vote is for Saturday the 16th, but I could more than likely do either of the other ones as well.

Also, I'd also like to put forth the request that everyone who attends should wear name tags with their SN on it. Real names optional. XD

Bear lives in NJ, Blade. You might be able to catch a ride down with him if you ask him nicely, lol.

DarkestLight
29th March 2011, 05:43 PM
Im 28 and i dont have one..... Sometimes Driving isnt a Priority lol.

QFT, I'm on lesson 9 :/

RedStarWarrior
29th March 2011, 09:13 PM
July would be better, in my opinon.

Also, a couple of us need to work on the setup once we set a date. I say we need to make it a yearly event.

I'd say we should start working on a catchy Con title for it.

We can have some Pokémon stuff, like viewing of the latest movie or something, but TPM is way beyond Pokémon as I rarely do anything related to it now.

Asilynne
29th March 2011, 10:37 PM
Ok so, so far we have the July 8-10, 15-17, and 22-24 weekends available. I'm cool with not making it pokemon centric, the only thing pokemon related I still do besides post on here is play the games ;D

As for events, since its summer we could have a BBQ like sarah said, or a pool party (or both!). We could have a poker tournament or some other sorts of games... I'm definately open to lots of ideas from everyone since I don't know the sorts of things everyone enjoys. We don't have to limit ourselves to one event either since we're most likely looking at a weekend.

Blademaster
30th March 2011, 12:46 AM
Yeah, what they said. No real need for a license when I lived so close to Manhattan only about a third of the population had actual NJ plates.

Now that I live in fucknowhere, driving is a bit more of a necessity.

Also, my idea for what to do together: Have a big slumber party and do each others' hair. :3c

Master Rudy
30th March 2011, 01:04 AM
I've missed the entire VA crew and have been wanting to see you guys for the better part of two years now. How could I say no?

The issue for me (and for quite a few of us it seems) is time and money. Otakon would be an excellent idea for a TPM get together I think. As it stands that's the best time for me. I'd be open to setting up a meeting there. After all as Bran has pointed out it is the biggest anime convention on the east coast.

On the flipside you could also try to set up a meeting at Comic Con in San Diego. Of course the issue with that is that while it's far more favorable for those in the west it leave those of us in the eastern half of the country in a situation where traveling may not be as feasible.

Personally to me anywhere in the country is fine as I have the ability to fly anywhere in the continental US on short notice for less than $70 (retired airline employees in your family can be a major perk). The issue would still be time and money. However travel for me is less of an issue.

I say stick with the idea of having the meet up at an existing convention that would be semi-related to Pokémon. Otakon and Comic Con are both great choices and would make great starting points for setting this kind of event up ^_~

EDIT-Didn't notice that this was already at two pages prior to my post ^_^()

As for events, since its summer we could have a BBQ like sarah said, or a pool party (or both!). We could have a poker tournament or some other sorts of games... I'm definately open to lots of ideas from everyone since I don't know the sorts of things everyone enjoys. We don't have to limit ourselves to one event either since we're most likely looking at a weekend.

Well as you said it doesn't exactly HAVE to be 100% Pokémon related. Just figured that Otakon/CC would be excellent choices and would allow for killing two birds with one stone (have a TPM group meet up AND have a TPM get together at a major convention). As for ideas here's a few for you:

-Pokémon DS Tournaments (this one is damn near expected :P lol)
-Anime night (have everyone bring various anime series with them for a group viewing)
-Other gaming tournaments (would need several PS3's, 360's and Wii's as well as HDTV's and various multiplayer games such as Rock Band, Brawl, Street Fighter 4, MK9, Homefront, ect......MAYBE EVEN DNF!!!!! ALWAYS BET ON DUKE!!!! XD :lol: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96PdhHZC7j8))
-Card tournaments (either games such as Texas Hold 'Em or CCG's)
-Massive tabletop gaming night (something such as D&D, Star Wars, ect. Might give Bran a reason to use that Trek RPG book she has ^_~)

There's a few to think about. I'm sure someone else will be able to add onto that list.

Bear
30th March 2011, 08:28 AM
Now that I live in fucknowhere,

No such thing in NJ. Where do you live now? I'm sure you could catch a ride with my wife and I.

ChobiChibi
30th March 2011, 09:08 AM
I have no money D: *is poor*

How about everyone flies out the UK instead? That would be fantastic :3

Ultimate Charizard
30th March 2011, 10:46 AM
I have no money D: *is poor*

How about everyone flies out the UK instead? That would be fantastic :3

*QFT*

Magmar
30th March 2011, 10:48 AM
UK can have their own on the same day!

ChobiChibi
30th March 2011, 10:55 AM
*QFT*

... Those letters mean nothing to me...

I'm seeing Kirst (Weasel) later in the year. And my aim in life is Canada... Mmmm Sie <3

Asilynne
30th March 2011, 11:20 AM
Yeah you guys can have a UK con on the same day if you want, lol we could even have a mini vid chat on one of the days so the two cons can be connected XD

I would like to have TPM in the name somewhere of the con but Im not sure how we could make it a catchy name? I was thinking Capitalcon or, TPMcon is too obvious maybe.

Anyway I was thinking and it might not be a good idea to have our con in an actual convention like otakon because its really easy to lose a large group of people in a con setting like that and also if people are coming from far away I would rather them not have to spend more money than they have to, con fees are expensive, and at least hotels outside of DC and baltimore are cheaper.

Just for my reference Im going to list all the people that have said they will come for sure:

Magmar
Redstarwarrior
Asilynne
Kuro Espeon
Mystic clown
Bear (and Bearette XD)
Jeff
Telume

Maybes:
Blademaster (you have a ride, get the stones dammit XD)
Sie (you have a place to stay <3)
Master Rudy
Darkestlight (you're in NYC you can come!!! lol)

If you guys do want to have a Britcon you can go ahead and plan that in here too! And if theres a way to add a poll to this topic after the fact, someone with the authority please feel free, I cant seem to find the option for it when I edit o.o ((EDIT: Nevermind I found it :P) Im guessing make the poll for the three weekends in July Magmar listed. For everyone thats coming, any more suggestions for events are welcome! I'm going to look up and list some local events for those three weekends in a moment.

As for the sleepover party, I'm going to give Blade cornrows <3 LOL

Edit:

Events in the DC area in July
DC Fringe Festival (http://dc.about.com/od/specialevents/a/CapitalFringe.htm) - Cost: $15. The DC Fringe is an art/music/performance festival with very unique styles. All throughout July.

Loudoun CO Fair (http://dc.about.com/od/specialevents/a/LoudounCtyFair.htm) - $10 Loudoun CO Virginia (Leesburg area) Basically a county fair with rides, food, music, livestock craziness etc. July 25-30, 2011

Battle of First Manassas 150th Commemoration Event (http://dc.about.com/od/nationalparks/ss/ManassBattlefld.htm) - free? A major gathering of living history presenters will commemorate the 150th anniversary of the first major battle of the Civil War. The program will include special ranger tours of the battlefield, living history and historic weapons demonstrations, exhibits, lectures, and music. July 21-24, 2011.

And theres more listed here: http://dc.about.com/od/monthlyeventcalendars/a/JulyFestivals.htm We could meet for one of there or just make our own private festival events.

Heald
30th March 2011, 12:26 PM
UK-con what.

I think the only person who even lives remotely close to me is Chobi. Unless people wanna do something in London.

But whatevs, if one actually does happen, I'll definitely try to make an appearance.

Bear
30th March 2011, 01:52 PM
Bearette

lmao

Kuro Espeon
30th March 2011, 02:59 PM
Bearette

lmao

You can thank me for that one. 8D

Anyhoo, like Asi said, hopefully by July we will have a bigger place. One with a yard and a basement. So if we wanted to we could most definitely host at our place. We could have a cook-out in the back yard (with various outdoor activities) and maybe games and other shenanigans in the basement. Followed by a movie/anime marathon in the evening. PAR-TAY!

As for a the name of this little shindig? Hmmm... How about... "The 1st Annual TPM Meet-up (Super Special Awesome Con!)" XDD Or how about something short and to the point like.... "Dorks United"?

May I also point out that we need to get some more girls in here so that this isn't a total sausage fest? So far it's just me and Brandy (And my future sister-in-law). Not that I have a problem with that, but it just seems a bit unbalanced, lol.

Blademaster
30th March 2011, 03:23 PM
No such thing in NJ. Where do you live now? I'm sure you could catch a ride with my wife and I.

I'm pretty sure I live in the opposite direction you'd have to go to get to this place.

Bear
30th March 2011, 03:27 PM
I'm pretty sure I live in the opposite direction you'd have to go to get to this place.

Try me, where u at hoe?

Also Sarah I find it particularly hilarious that you utilized the term "sausage fest". Made my day.

As for names, I think an appropriate name of this get together would be "Deliverance II"

Blademaster
30th March 2011, 03:33 PM
West Milford Township.

ChobiChibi
30th March 2011, 04:37 PM
I think the only person who even lives remotely close to me is Chobi. Unless people wanna do something in London.

That's true. I live in a pub, you are in a pub, it works. But I thought you were from Scotland? I defo live down in the West Country XD

Going to the London MCM Expo in October again this year, cosplaying with Kirst >_> Then the weekend after we're joined by Samchu to see the FF Distant Worlds concert. Yeah. London is GOOD.

Heald
30th March 2011, 05:02 PM
I currently live just outside London and I grew up in the South-East so if you ever meet me, don't expect me to have a Scottish accent lol, nowhere near close.

Anyway, the October MCM might be a good shout. It'd be great if we could get a UK contingent along.

ChobiChibi
30th March 2011, 05:07 PM
It now makes so much more sense why you've been to Bognor ^^;

So who IS Scottish that I've got you confused with? O_o;

Yi-Wen had a table there last year too. She might go again? We could poke her til she draws us stuff.

Heald
30th March 2011, 05:13 PM
No, same person, but my parents moved down from Scotland, hence the Scottish connection, although I've pretty much been to Scotland at least once a year since I've been born (usually more).

Crystal Tears
30th March 2011, 07:00 PM
lol I love how I'm already on the maybe list.

Yeah I dun care, for sure I am going (my family gave me the weirdest look when I told them I want to go). I just gotta renew my passport and boomshakalaka, I'll be good to go. Asi, you're sure its okay for me to stay with you guys?

It doesn't really matter when, but I need to know the date soon(ish) so I can book it off for work.

Just someone remind me not to spend all the money I'm saving for this, alright?

DarkestLight
30th March 2011, 07:58 PM
o.O How long? A weekend? A week? A month? I might be a--htf am I on the Maybe list!

Asilynne
30th March 2011, 10:07 PM
Id say a weekend although if you wanted to stay a week thats fine too ;D and your on the maybe list because I SAY!!! But for real you are close enough to come so please? lol

And yes of course Sie! You're our sister after all <3

shazza
31st March 2011, 07:40 AM
I would love to attend. There is enough of us in Australia: perhaps we need to organise something similar?

Bear
31st March 2011, 01:37 PM
West Milford is up there, but it's only an hour and a half north from me. I'm in North Brunswick now, so it's doable. If you have transportation by then you can at least leave your car at my place and we can carpool in mine to VA (since I know where we're going anyway being that Kuro is my chiester). But it wouldn't be impossible, I'm sure we could make it work somehow.

Blademaster
31st March 2011, 02:30 PM
I'm on my third driving lesson, Bear. I doubt in just 3 months I'll be capable of an hour and a half drive on highways by myself.

I'm not saying it's not possible. But I doubt I'll be able to make it...

Story of my FUCKING life.

Master Rudy
31st March 2011, 03:32 PM
I'm on my third driving lesson, Bear. I doubt in just 3 months I'll be capable of an hour and a half drive on highways by myself.

I'm not saying it's not possible. But I doubt I'll be able to make it...

Story of my FUCKING life.

Seriously bro? Granted it can be a bit intimidating at first but in the end driving isn't exactly all that hard. I honestly have trouble remembering what it's like NOT knowing how to drive.

Not sure what Jersey is like but I can tell you this: back when I was learning in Kentucky you could get your permit at 15. That allows you to drive so long as it's during the day with a licenced family member traveling with you. To be perfectly honest you don't even NEED to drive. You just have to hold the damn thing for a set amount of time. You can take the test to get your licence six months later if you are at least 16 and have taken a mandatory class at a driving school. The class itself consists of six hours of road time and six hours in classroom. The actual written test is common sense while the road test is a simple course with a rules Nazi riding shotgun. Provided you don't do anything glaringly stupid you'll have the licence in no time.

Anyway I got my licence just prior to turning 18 with only about 7 or 8 hours road time. A week later I was traveling to Cincinnati during morning rush hour at least three times a week for my classes. Bottom line is that most states will give just about anyone their licence. In three months time a one to two hour drive should be nothing to you seeing that the average morning commute is within that time frame.

The real fun part comes in driving cross country for long hours......something I've done at least seven or eight times by now for various reasons. Now if it's the same stretch of road multiple times it can get very boring. However if it's the first or second time on a paticular route the sightseeing can be pretty fun provided you aren't on a time limit for arrival.

Just relax man. Take it easy and don't get intimidated by the prospect of driving. Also don't forget this is all still in the planning stages. Granted the ideal time would be before September for those of you that take classes of some sort. However that's still at least five months away.....plenty of time provided this is sometime in August. Even if it's not that's still a ton of time for many of us to save and get ready. Hell I myself still kinda need a car too (something that'll be taken care of within the month ^_~)

Telume
31st March 2011, 03:40 PM
I'm already practicing driving to get my license, Blade. (I have my permit, though.) As soon as I improve my turning I'll be able to go.

Just look for the car turning on the "wrong way" sign and you'll find me.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
31st March 2011, 04:13 PM
Pretty bummed I can't see this, it looks mighty cool:D

Samchu
1st April 2011, 07:26 AM
Put me down as a maybe. I've been considering a summer visit to NY anyway so a little detour couldn't hurt.

Gary Oak
1st April 2011, 09:12 AM
I'd come, except Pallet Town is too far from DC.

Oh yeah, that and I'm too cool for you losers!

Smell ya later!

Blademaster
1st April 2011, 03:37 PM
Fuck off Gary.

How much is this gonna cost, anyway?

Gavin Luper
1st April 2011, 08:49 PM
I would love to attend. There is enough of us in Australia: perhaps we need to organise something similar?

I reckon. There's at least half a dozen or more of us who are active. If we could get everyone to agree to some time and place, and I could actually afford it since I imagine it would be over east, then I'd totally be in for this!

Asilynne
2nd April 2011, 12:45 AM
Fuck off Gary.

How much is this gonna cost, anyway?

Our meetup or the travelling?

Meetup should be close to free if not totally free depending on what we decide to do, travel depends whether you drive or take a bus or something.

Blademaster
2nd April 2011, 12:49 PM
If I were to come, it'd be by car.

But how can this be free if it lasts a weekend? I require food, a sleeping area, and an electrical outlet to plug my laptop and DS charger in.

Asilynne
2nd April 2011, 01:55 PM
If I were to come, it'd be by car.

But how can this be free if it lasts a weekend? I require food, a sleeping area, and an electrical outlet to plug my laptop and DS charger in.

o.o duhhh Sorry I forgot about that detail XD

People needing hotel rooms would probably only have to stay one night, two optional if you are going to stay the whole weekend. There are a lot of good hotels in this area and you can find good prices on orbitz. The people who live close enough to the area who wouldn't require a hotel room could stay in their own houses and drive to the meetup, and these people could also offer to let out of towners stay in their homes for the duration (which we could set up a list of people who would be willing to do that, so if you can and are willing, please let me know asap).

Sie will be staying at my place and we'd probably be able to house one or two more at the most. If Bex is able to come, she will be staying with us too.

Blademaster
2nd April 2011, 05:37 PM
Hotel? Fuck that, save me a spot on the floor or in the tool shed, Asi. Your crew is the one I know the best. I'd be most comfortable with you guys.

Although I can't say how long I'd be able to stick around - that'd ultimately depend on the schedule of whoever's giving me a ride.

Which reminds me, what kinda gas mileage does your car get, Bear? I need to know how much I'd owe you for the trip - you're my best bet on getting to this shindig since my road test is at the end of June and if I fail I won't be able to retake it before TPMfest 2011.

Asilynne
3rd April 2011, 07:13 PM
Reminder to all the people who RSVPed Yes: Please take the poll to decide which weekend. If you can do multiple weekends then please post to say so! Thanks! The poll closes on April 13th but you don't have to wait for the last minute :P lol

Also if anyone from the UK or Australia wants to plan your respective cons in here, go for it!

Deadwood_Zen
3rd April 2011, 10:13 PM
Where is the Facebook event? I can't find it. Then again, I wouldn't be able to go...

Drago
4th April 2011, 02:15 AM
Can y'all please promise to emulate the convention pic from Mt. Moon? Pleeeeease? :D

Blademaster
4th April 2011, 03:01 AM
I voted for July 30th because my math sucks (Failing road test in NJ = 6 week waiting period, and there's not enough time between the date of June 23rd and that weekend for 6 weeks to pass.).

So, I'd like to change my vote to the weekend of the 16th. If some Mod or something can do that... y'know... would be appreciated.

Kuro Espeon
4th April 2011, 05:53 AM
I don't think the weekend of the 30th would work anyway, because that's Otakon weekend, and Brandy, Ben and I are all going to that. And holding the TPM meet-up at Otakon probably wouldn't work too well because it's so crowded and we'll have our own schedule of things to do. o_o

DarkestLight
4th April 2011, 07:25 AM
Time time time. Blade, are you scheduling your Road test with the DMV...if you dont pass (which isn't true, I'm positive you'll pass) you should be able to reschedule immediately.

Bear
4th April 2011, 09:43 AM
Blade - if you can't drive it, I'll come get you. It's not that big a deal for me. As far as gas goes, we can negotiate that later, I probably won't charge you much if anything. My car doesn't get the greatest mileage but I'm not worried, Christina and I make enough money to handle ourselves.

Blademaster
4th April 2011, 04:45 PM
Time time time. Blade, are you scheduling your Road test with the DMV...if you dont pass (which isn't true, I'm positive you'll pass) you should be able to reschedule immediately.

I'm honestly not sure of the exact details. But either way, if I don't pass, the schedule they have will probably be booked solid for awhile after that. I mean I just scheduled the FIRST open appointment they had and it was fucking 2 and a half months from now. So who knows...

Blade - if you can't drive it, I'll come get you. It's not that big a deal for me. As far as gas goes, we can negotiate that later, I probably won't charge you much if anything. My car doesn't get the greatest mileage but I'm not worried, Christina and I make enough money to handle ourselves.

You know, you guys are really great. It's nice to know that for all the annoying shit we do to one another, you guys have my back when the chips are down.

Thanks. Whether I can get to TPMfest or not, I'll remember all of this. :)

Asilynne
4th April 2011, 10:27 PM
You know, you guys are really great. It's nice to know that for all the annoying shit we do to one another, you guys have my back when the chips are down.

Thanks. Whether I can get to TPMfest or not, I'll remember all of this. :)

Oh you're going....lol ;D

Asilynne
7th April 2011, 09:54 AM
The poll closes in less than a week, so if you havent voted please do so asap, or if all weekends listed would work for you, please post to let us know. The following people have yet to vote:

Redstarwarrior
Mystic clown
Jeff
Telume
Sie
Darkestlight

Ben and I have talked about it and any listed weekend will work for him, as long as he lets work know ahead of time. The following weekends are currently tied at two votes each:

July 8-10, 15-17, and 29-31 (I made a slight mistake on the dates in the poll, but these were the weekends selected.)
Sarah has let me know that the last weekend in July is Otakon so we would not be able to host TPMfest during this weekend, so I ask Blade and Rudy, would you be able to make one of the other weekends? If so please let me know.

Ok guys, get to voting! I'm not a big fan of delays and since a lot of people need to take off work ahead of time and have been telling me we need to set a firm date for it, I want to be able have a firm date well in advance, so please help me do so! Thank you <3

Jeff
7th April 2011, 10:08 AM
This should have been a multiple choice poll. Sorry, don't mean to give you a hard time or anything.:P

Anyway, considering my dad's 50th birthday party will likely be the first weekend, and the third is now ruled out, put me down for one of the other two.

Asilynne
7th April 2011, 10:24 AM
This should have been a multiple choice poll. Sorry, don't mean to give you a hard time or anything.:P

Anyway, considering my dad's 50th birthday party will likely be the first weekend, and the third is now ruled out, put me down for one of the other two.

I realised that after I made it actually ^-^() I couldn't find how to change it after the fact :x If someone could do that for me that would be awesome!

Sounds good, thanks Jeff! :)

Blademaster
7th April 2011, 04:21 PM
Sarah has let me know that the last weekend in July is Otakon so we would not be able to host TPMfest during this weekend, so I ask Blade and Rudy, would you be able to make one of the other weekends?

I voted for July 30th because my math sucks (Failing road test in NJ = 6 week waiting period, and there's not enough time between the date of June 23rd and that weekend for 6 weeks to pass.).

So, I'd like to change my vote to the weekend of the 16th. If some Mod or something can do that... y'know... would be appreciated.

lrn2fuckingread

Asilynne
7th April 2011, 05:12 PM
lrn2fuckingread

Keep it up buddy and you'll be moved to the lawn instead ;) lol

Ok, sounds good!

DarkestLight
7th April 2011, 05:54 PM
Warm lawn sleeping? Sounds awesome

Uhh I'm being a prick and voting other cause why the hell are we so amped at having it in July? August is by far the most awesome month of awesome since it'll be sickeningly hot and no one will want to move :D

Still, I'ma maybe, I dunno if I'ma be able to make it, and if I did, it would prolly only be for a pop in type hello :O What are the plans as well?

Asilynne
7th April 2011, 09:23 PM
Uhh I'm being a prick and voting other cause why the hell are we so amped at having it in July? August is by far the most awesome month of awesome since it'll be sickeningly hot and no one will want to move :D

So far the most people have said July would work best. I'm ok with August but I was trying to keep it simple since we're dealing with a lot of people from different places, its complicated enough without doubling the number of weekends to choose from o.o. Especially since my partners in crime are ok with watching me do all the work XD *cough BEN AND SARAH* ahem...

What are the plans as well?

That my friend, is up to everyone involved, I've asked for suggestions and so far I've gotten a few but nothing very solid. I welcome any ideas other than the already suggested ones :) This meetup is for everyone so I'd like everyone to get involved with its creation, lay your ideas on me people!

Kuro Espeon
7th April 2011, 10:22 PM
. Especially since my partners in crime are ok with watching me do all the work XD *cough BEN AND SARAH* ahem...!

Hey! I'm trying to help! It's Ben that hasn't even posted or VOTED in the dang poll! *shakes fist at Ben*

Speaking of the poll, I love how we said that the weekend of the 30th is out of the running, but yet 2 more people voted for it. ¬_¬ Is there a way to delete the option?

I've already said I like the idea of a cook-out. Depending on where we end up hosting it, people can also bring food stuffz to share. We can even give specific assignments if people want, or have a sign-up sheet (so we don't end up with 50 bags of potato chips and pack of oreos, lol). Plus, we can also have outdoor and indoor games. Maybe I'll see if I know anyone that has a volleyball net we can borrow...

Deadwood_Zen
7th April 2011, 11:20 PM
Out of curiosity- and I hope this doesn't get us off-topic too much- but does anyone here live near/in/around West Coast U.S.?

Master Rudy
8th April 2011, 12:00 AM
Hmm....I'll have to wait and see I guess. I've got a lot going on personally right now. As a result anything earlier than the 29th of July might be pushing it as far as saving/planning to take a road trip goes on my end. Plus I'm still car shopping anyway. I'm hoping that if my tax return comes soon that when combined with my next paycheck I'll actually have about $500 to put down on a decent car as I'm trying to build my credit (not to mention pay for the insurance). However the closer to the end of April I get the more likely it's becoming that I'm gonna wind up stuck with some $1000 junker (long story :P)

DarkestLight
8th April 2011, 06:15 AM
>> I voted for end of July since yeah July is when I'll be doing most of my money saving as well :/ DC by Boltbus is only like what, 22 bucks? Sometimes a buck when you play the cards right. (Another option for Blade and Bear if they didn't wanna drive and could deal with the 4 hour ride :/

I'm always a sucker for Ultimate (Frisbee) :O I'll probably make it a double header - bring my girl since we haven't been to DC together and we'd do some stuff around the city, but them also run up with you guyz and what notz.

23-24 is an option. Maybe :O

*GASP* WATERGUNZ!

Bear
8th April 2011, 08:11 AM
I've already said I like the idea of a cock-out.

Fix'd.

Also Boltbus is an option but I prefer driving so I have the freedom to improvise once we're there. It's where I used to live so I know the area anyway.

Blademaster
8th April 2011, 06:32 PM
I like August over July but since I'm probably hitching a ride, I can't really make the call. I really have no clue how this'll play out in the end since I have so many factors to consider.

Crystal Tears
9th April 2011, 01:28 AM
I haven't voted because the weekend iItakes place doesn't really hinder me much. But if it happens in August, the first or second week of that month is a no go because the family vacation is one of those two..

Plus, I'm staying for a week with Asi, Ben, and Sarah (if I remember correctly you all live together? Sorry if I'm wrong >.< Been a long day!). So really it's up to them! ^^;;

Asilynne
11th April 2011, 09:27 AM
Ok I think what I'll do since a lot of the votes were for that one forbidden weekend >.> lol, is I'll make a poll when this one is over for select weekends in Aug.
AGain heres the list of attendees:

Magmar
Redstarwarrior
Asilynne
Kuro Espeon
Mystic clown
Bear (and Bearette XD)
Jeff
Telume
Crystal Tears

Maybes:
Blademaster
Master Rudy
Darkestlight
Chobichibi

And here are the suggestions for what to do on the TPMfest Weekend:

BBQ/picnic
Indoor/Outdoor games
Pool Party
ULTIMATE FRISBEE
Watergunz/waterbaloons or other sorts of watersports
Various sports like volleyball, soccer, baseball etc whatever people like

We could do all or none of these on the weekend. I'd say that we have the main tpm party on one of the days of the weekend, and spend the other days out seeing the sights as a group or doing some event like a fair. For anyone that wants to I don't mind playing tour guide in DC or VA since I've lived here my whole life, and the people coming from out of town might as well see the sights of the area while theyre here :) If you all want to of course.

What do you all think?

(And yeah Sie we all live together and its fine if you stay with us!!! lol)

Master Rudy
11th April 2011, 08:53 PM
Ok I think what I'll do since a lot of the votes were for that one forbidden weekend >.> lol, is I'll make a poll when this one is over for select weekends in Aug.

Well if you are going to redo the poll for August I'll be voting for the weekend of 8/20 as that'll be the same weekend as my birthday. As I'm sure you know I try to take the 22nd off whenever it's possible. If we can hold the gathering on that day my chances of showing up (provided everything is in order on my end in regards to money, time off, ect.) go from kinda small to pretty likely.

I'd also like for the group to take a trip to DC if possible......FDR didn't get to pick my nose enough on the last trip XD (inside joke......I'm sure Bran has the picture on her Photobucket somewhere :P)

Telume
20th April 2011, 06:09 PM
Put me on the maybes please. I'm not a sure-fire attendee, yet.

RedStarWarrior
4th June 2011, 02:59 PM
I'm a sure fire attendee so long as you don't do it the first week of September. I'll be at Dragon*Con.

crown34
4th June 2011, 03:06 PM
Probably not... I'm going to China.

RedStarWarrior
9th June 2011, 10:55 PM
I'd like to work on organizing it. Others interested in organizing please contact me via PM or on Facebook.

Asilynne
10th June 2011, 09:08 AM
I'm still up for helping organise this thing, its just been crazy here looking for a townhouse and all the excitement regarding the wedding. After this weekend I -hopefully- will have more time.

Most likely we'll be able to have a BBQ at our new place because if we get the one I'm looking at today it has a good grilling area and a pool. Then we could BBQ and play wii without having to drive anywhere because our house will be right there.

But yes let me know too because I hate planning big things by myself ^-^()

Greyfox
10th June 2011, 01:23 PM
Oh wow, I didn't catch this thread until now... but if someone's driving up from Florida, I'd be down for paying halfsies. :3

Asilynne
12th June 2011, 08:36 PM
Btw, if everyone is fine with it, the weekend with the most votes in the other thread was Aug 5-7 . Let me know if thats still fine because as of right now, its the working date for this shindig <3 BE SURE TO TAKE OFF WORK NOW FOR IT~~~ Don't put it off lol

Jeff
12th June 2011, 08:38 PM
OK, I just took off of for it.

:P

Asilynne
12th June 2011, 08:39 PM
Good boy lol XD

RedStarWarrior
13th June 2011, 06:04 AM
August 5th-7th? I'll put that in the thread title.

Asilynne
13th June 2011, 10:15 AM
In about two weeks I can let you know where, although I'm not putting my address up at TPM :P lol I'll talk with the roomies and figure out a place we can all meet for a pre-party, maybe a restaurant for breakfast or something?

RedStarWarrior
14th June 2011, 12:36 AM
In about two weeks I can let you know where, although I'm not putting my address up at TPM :P lol I'll talk with the roomies and figure out a place we can all meet for a pre-party, maybe a restaurant for breakfast or something?
Well, I guess the first thing we need to do is decide what we want to do for the convention.

I'm guessing that stuff will probably be slightly cheaper in NoVA than DC, so we can focus on having it there. What particular area? It needs to be metro accessible.

I'm guessing we could even look at renting out a place or something (second floor of a restaurant or a back room? idk).

We need to hurry up and make plans...

Asilynne
14th June 2011, 08:52 AM
I was just going to host it at my house with all of us meeting somewhere nearby initially so I didn't have to spread my address all over the internet o.o But I will be living in Manassas at this point which is not metro accessable, I'm just curious why it needs to be?

I do know some places in Vienna that are cool to hang out in so give me a bit, going to look at some places now ;D

Asilynne
21st June 2011, 08:59 PM
Sorry to double post, but the three of us are still planning on having it at our place, but I'm concerned about the metro accessible requirement. We will be living in Manassas. Let me know whats up RSW :)

Bear
22nd June 2011, 08:43 AM
Manassas is metro accessible, someone will just have to run out to Vienna to pick up the metro riders. It's only like 15 minutes up 66 to the station. I'll let Xtina know about this date, and I'll work with Blade on getting him down here.

Asilynne
24th June 2011, 04:00 PM
Manassas is metro accessible, someone will just have to run out to Vienna to pick up the metro riders. It's only like 15 minutes up 66 to the station. I'll let Xtina know about this date, and I'll work with Blade on getting him down here.

Sounds good...Oh SAAARRRAAAHHH~~~ lol Nah but I'm sure either Sarah or Steph could pick some people up. No one wants to ride in my car ;D lol

Master Rudy
25th June 2011, 02:48 AM
Sounds good...Oh SAAARRRAAAHHH~~~ lol Nah but I'm sure either Sarah or Steph could pick some people up. No one wants to ride in my car ;D lol

Why? Is it a coffin on wheels? :P lol j/k
What kind of car do you have now anyway?

As for me as I've been saying I'll try to make it there but don't hold me to it. Life is still very busy for me as of late.

RedStarWarrior
2nd July 2011, 12:54 PM
Sorry to double post, but the three of us are still planning on having it at our place, but I'm concerned about the metro accessible requirement. We will be living in Manassas. Let me know whats up RSW :)
I'm willing to do some shuttle runs, so long as people promise to shower, but I can only pick up 4 people at a time.

Is there a van I could borrow?

Also, let me know about the cost of foodage. I can help bring some food or something.

What games are we playing?

It might be good to limit this first even slightly since it is at your house.

Also, we need a cooler name for the meetup....and maybe cheap t-shirts.

Bear
2nd July 2011, 03:47 PM
I don't think enough people are going to be coming for this that picking up metro riders would be an issue. Sarah can pick people up, and I can as well since it's my old stomping ground. Anyone who wants to ride the train in to DC and take the metro out to Vienna will be guaranteed a ride, so don't let that deter you.

RedStarWarrior
6th July 2011, 06:11 AM
I may have you come pick me up, then. It's probably easier to grab the Metro at Springfield than to deal with any parking situation you may have. Let me know. Also, what do you want me to bring?

Asilynne
9th July 2011, 12:26 PM
Bring food, we're probably going to have a BBQ or at the very least a picnic :) also any kind of game you'd like to play, any sports equipment, etc. Music also! Bring your pokemon games so we can play each other, trade, and just generally nerd it up. You can also bring the Misses :)

Now that I have internet again I'm going to refine this topic and gather up the list of who is coming for sure and the maybe's. I'll also begin a list of things we need and who is bringing what. So at this point you have first pick on what you want to bring!

As for T-shirts, thats a great idea! Blade came up with the name TPMfest 2011 which I kinda like, but I'm open to suggestions too. Once we have that I'll toss it to Ben and get him to use his Graphic Arts degree to design us a logo, then toss that to Sarah so she can work her magic and make some shirts ;D

(Oh yes and bring a camera ;D)

Bear
10th July 2011, 08:34 AM
You need to add Blademaster to at least the maybe list, I know he was planning to come if he could manage it. Hopefully his driving is going well so he can get himself down to my area and I can take him the rest of the way.

Asilynne
10th July 2011, 09:17 AM
He was on the maybe list but RSVP'ed no for this year, he says that next year will be definite though :)

Kuro Espeon
10th July 2011, 09:38 AM
Yay, I'm glad planning is back under way for this! ^_^ We definitely need to start making a list of who's bringing what so we dont end up with 3 millions bags of potato chips and nothing else. XD

I'm also going to look into parks in the area with picnic/cook-out areas that we can take over.

DarkestLight
10th July 2011, 09:46 AM
Yeah If I wasn't in the process of moving, I'd show up :/

Asilynne
10th July 2011, 10:01 AM
Awwww :< thats why I did the voting for which weekend!!!! It could have been July! *smacks* lol jk Well we will miss you and hope to see you next year :)

DarkestLight
10th July 2011, 10:15 AM
No-the thing was I wouldn't have had the cash til Aug anyway, but then this happened, so yeah. Life threw a effing Toolshed in this plan xD.

Asilynne
10th July 2011, 10:25 AM
Awww damn! Well hope the move and everything goes well ;D

RedStarWarrior
11th July 2011, 02:09 AM
Bring food, we're probably going to have a BBQ or at the very least a picnic :) also any kind of game you'd like to play, any sports equipment, etc. Music also! Bring your pokemon games so we can play each other, trade, and just generally nerd it up. You can also bring the Misses :)

Now that I have internet again I'm going to refine this topic and gather up the list of who is coming for sure and the maybe's. I'll also begin a list of things we need and who is bringing what. So at this point you have first pick on what you want to bring!

As for T-shirts, thats a great idea! Blade came up with the name TPMfest 2011 which I kinda like, but I'm open to suggestions too. Once we have that I'll toss it to Ben and get him to use his Graphic Arts degree to design us a logo, then toss that to Sarah so she can work her magic and make some shirts ;D

(Oh yes and bring a camera ;D)
I don't play Pokémon anymore. :(

I was thinking we should use a name that designates the location, in case other people have their own events other places. TPMDC or TPMNoVA or something...

Master Rudy
11th July 2011, 03:02 AM
No-the thing was I wouldn't have had the cash til Aug anyway, but then this happened, so yeah. Life threw a effing Toolshed in this plan xD.

Essentially the same boat I'm in. My parents are moving before the end of the month so I need to be avalible even after the move in regards to fixing up their old house to sell. Money is going to be a bit tight as well. I just bought a 1988 Toyota Camry in May knowing it'd eventually need some basic work (tires, muffler, brakes, ect). However despite being in great shape where it counts all the minor things as well as a few surprises are essentially deciding to randomly break all at the same time. The main major issues are related to the electrical systems. It's been a mix of minor annoying things I can deal with (power windows, driver's power belt) and things that I can't ignore (rear wiring harness AKA no rear lights). If I had to guess I'd say it's a combination of age and the fact that it's getting ready to hit 100K. With all the work done it'll be a very solid car that I might be able to eventually sell for a profit (I got it for $700 and have another $200 invested in it so far. Still need a muffler, brakes and paint/body work)

Now I sent Brandy a message saying no. That was mainly because I got the date mixed up (I was thinking the weekend of the 29th when it's actually a week later). As a result it's still possible that I might show up. At the very least I'll want new brakes on my car before taking a road trip. However as things stand I'll need free time and enough money for gas. Don't hold me to this however: as things stand now it's extremely likely that I won't be able to make it. If I get any more unexpected surprises in regards to my car I can forget about this.

If I do come however I'll be sure to supply an X-Box 360 (as well as my HD monitor and sound system in the event there is no HDTV there). As far as games go I can bring Rock Band 3 with most of the band set. I myself can supply a guitar, drums and a mic. For a full band however someone would need to bring an extra 360 guitar controller and 360 keyboard. As for other games I can also bring Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 and Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition. In regards to DVDs I can bring parts 1-4 of Dragon Ball Kai, seasons 1-4 of Slayers, 24: The Complete Series, seasons 1&2 of Burn Notice, the Jason Bourne Trilogy and the 25th Anniversary Edition of Back to the Future. Bottom line? If I come and you have a desire to be a couch potato then you won't run out of things to watch :P

Anyway wish me luck in being able to come. In the event that I can't make it I'll be sure to try to make it next year (and I highly suggest doing it during Otacon next time ^_~)

Bear
11th July 2011, 01:30 PM
Blade you pansyface!

Jeff
11th July 2011, 03:31 PM
I'll have to see, although as it's currently looking I'll be able to make it.

I could bring my 3DS and Pokemon games. Oh and, if there's going to be Wii there, I'd like to see Brawl and Mario Kart. I could provide either if need be. Not the Wii though. My brothers would have my head if I took that with me.

Blademaster
11th July 2011, 05:11 PM
Shut up Bear you should be happy that you don't have to drive 3 hours out of the way. :sweat:

Bear
11th July 2011, 05:47 PM
Sarah has my old Wii, and she has a copy of Brawl (also was mine) but there's not much unlocked I'm sure. Pretty sure we got Mario kart as well with the steering wheels and everything XD. Although I'd rather play SSB64 instead of Brawl. I can bring that and my N64 too, if someone else brings 3 more controllers (I only have 1 -_-)

Asilynne
11th July 2011, 05:58 PM
Cristy has a N64 so you just need to bring the games :) she has two controllers, I'll ask Steph if she still has hers. And we do have mario kart and MARIO PARTY!!!! Plus the common room has a giant TV and lots of couches and a pool table so we can hang out there a bit too :)

Asilynne
13th July 2011, 05:54 PM
Posted from the Facebook event:

Also, if everyone who is attending can give me the name of a pokemon they want to represent them, along with any custom features like different colors or sunglasses etc, that would be great. Ben is designing the pic for the back of the shirt we will be making for the event, so get me those details asap so you can be added to the shirt! :)

(Yes we are making shirts lol)

Jeff
13th July 2011, 06:22 PM
Wartortle. My first starter was Squirtle, and I've always thought Wartortle was the coolest looking of the family.

Also, definitely bringing my 3DS. Might also bring my laptop. I've got a bunch of random unused stuff that I made for the site, and the prototype for the 2011 Unown Award designs, so that could be fun to show off. After all, we might as well do something TPM-related at the TPM meetup.:P

Bear
13th July 2011, 08:25 PM
Posted in the FB event, but I want NIDOKING, and he has to have sunglasses while saying "Deal with it."

Blademaster
14th July 2011, 12:10 PM
Dunno if it's relevant since I won't be attending, but do you really need to ask?

http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/519467-Eon80/467/67/blaziken_display.png

RedStarWarrior
18th July 2011, 03:17 AM
I think I need an invite to the Facebook Event. :sweat:

I would like Pichu with a 5 o'clock shadow.

Bear
18th July 2011, 10:31 AM
ONLY ALLOWED TO HAVE A T-SHIT IF YOU ATTEND BLADE

Blademaster
18th July 2011, 01:16 PM
I DON'T WANT A T-SHIRT FUCKER I JUST WANT EVERYBODY TO KNOW THAT KAMEHAMEHA BLAZIKEN IS RELEVANT :cawg:

Also, fate has made me feel a bit better about not coming because I would have been unable to attend anyway: My mom needs intestinal surgery at the end of the month and, with Dad finally getting back to work, she'll need me to keep a watch on her and run the house for her while she recovers.

Asilynne
18th July 2011, 03:54 PM

I would like Pichu with a 5 o'clock shadow.

I invited you already Scott Cushman, you were in the original huge list ;D Since you are already friends with me on Facebook. If you aren't my facebook friend already then I may have missed you so just send me a pm and I'll get all that fixed ;D

Jeff
19th July 2011, 01:18 PM

You're on the "Awaiting Reply" list. Here's the link (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=170631936336088)

Perfect Chaos
23rd July 2011, 01:57 AM
Man, this sounds so damn epic

Definitely need to plan on coming next year when I come back from India full-time in August/September :hellyeah:

Blademaster
23rd July 2011, 08:14 PM
Oh hey it's Perfect Chaos.

...WHERE YOU BEEN MAN!??!??!?!?! :cawg:

DarkestLight
23rd July 2011, 08:18 PM
Fuck that noise. Either Dunsparce pwning that Blaziken, or Garcheesy on the rampage :D For sake of humor, I think Dunsparce should be me this time.

Perfect Chaos
23rd July 2011, 10:42 PM
Oh hey it's Perfect Chaos.

...WHERE YOU BEEN MAN!??!??!?!?! :cawg:

Lurking as always brah

Busy burning my balls off in India trying to get a degree in Pharmacy

Still need a year's worth of sunscreen before I come back to good ol' Miami

Bear
24th July 2011, 08:38 PM
Hope y'all are beefing up on your SSB64 skills, because I'm back in training mode, complete with Rocky montage. Still rusty, but I should get some of my old mojo back by August.

Asilynne
24th July 2011, 08:45 PM
Ok for those who haven't seen the facebook message, let me know what you're going to bring. James has already said that he's bringing the following:

-Super Smash Bros 64
-Mario Kart 64
-1 N64 controller
-Macaroni salad
-Bear's famous cheesecake

Also if everyone can bring a plain white T-shirt, that will help us cover the shirts we are going to make, because having to pay for that many shirts plus the transfer paper would be annoying XD without a front pocket is preferred! And if you haven't listed what you want your pokemon to be we will guess ;D lol Can't wait to see you all there!

Jeff
24th July 2011, 09:16 PM
My 3DS and Pokemon games. I could also bring an N64 controller, maybe 2, I'll just have to check the status of the second one's control stick. And since there's going to be N64 there, I could also bring Goldeneye if anyone's interested. Hmm, *looks around*. Ah! And Mario Tennis.

Kuro Espeon
24th July 2011, 10:19 PM
That's cool, Jeff. But....what FOOD will you be contributing? *stares at you pointedly* lol

I'm one of the hosts, but I plan on buying hot dogs and buns. And I'll probably bring a couple cases of beverage. ;D

Crystal Mew
25th July 2011, 12:27 AM
I got the fb invite, I wanna go :( but I don't think I'll be able to make it this year...

Bear
25th July 2011, 09:44 AM
buns

lol u sed bunz

@Jeff - definitely bring Goldeneye, Mario Tennis, AND the cuntrollers. I haven't played Goldeneye in years and will likely not be much challenge, but hey it's a party game!

Drago
25th July 2011, 08:06 PM
lol u sed bunz

@Jeff - definitely bring Goldeneye, Mario Tennis, AND the cuntrollers. I haven't played Goldeneye in years and will likely not be much challenge, but hey it's a party game!
Heheheheheeeee... :rotfl:

Jeff
25th July 2011, 08:25 PM
Nigglypuff. Cuntrollers. Bear, you're the king of hilarious typos.

Kuro Espeon
26th July 2011, 06:32 AM
Nigglypuff. Cuntrollers. Bear, you're the king of hilarious typos.

Who said they were typos? Knowing my brother, they were completely intentional.

Perfect Chaos
26th July 2011, 08:22 AM
Who said they were typos? Knowing my brother, they were completely intentional.

^This

Just your typical Bear :o

Bear
26th July 2011, 10:19 AM
Well the Nigglypuff was honestly a typo, but the cuntrollers was intentional. PC has it right though, typical Bear. If I typo something and I look back and see it looks funny, I'll leave it. So you never really know if it was a legitimate typo or me changing words around for a laugh. Oh, the MrE of it all!

Perfect Chaos
26th July 2011, 09:54 PM
Oh, the MrE of it all!

Oh I see what you did there :lookout:

So I expect alot of pics to be taken of this "convention". And I mean LOTS AND LOTS of pictures. Don't forget to take one of Blade in lewd positions with his blow-up Blaziken doll, fake nipples and all :hellyeah:

Seriously. Lots 'o lots pictures plzkthxbai

Bear
27th July 2011, 11:46 AM
Blade will not be in attendance, he got scared because I said I was going to donkey punch him in the face.

Perfect Chaos
27th July 2011, 09:10 PM
Blade will not be in attendance, he got scared because I said I was going to donkey punch him in the face.

Dammit Bear...

See if you can negotiate with him that he'll come if you just Falcon Kick him instead :yes:

Bear
28th July 2011, 08:40 AM
I tried, he's making us wait til next year.

Also - Nobody ever try to change your own N64 cartridge battery. It's less hassle to just buy a newer copy of the game -_-

Asilynne
28th July 2011, 01:13 PM
Just reiterating that if you want a shirt, bring a clean white T shirt with no front pocket in your size to the event. We will have the iron on logo's ready to be applied on saturday! Front left pic sample design coming soon! The shirt will have a design on the front left (above the heart) and a bigger one on the back. :)

Bear
28th July 2011, 03:08 PM
lol "Deal With It" Nidoking is gonna be a BOSS!

Asilynne
31st July 2011, 11:42 AM
Here's the image for the left front part of the shirt! Since its being hosted by Ben, Sarah and myself, our pokemon are in this image. The back of the shirt will feature everyones, with the TPM NoVA 2011 logo as well as maybe a phrase to symbolize us somehow (any recommendations for a catchy phrase for us would be awesome!) I do also want to have on there that its the first annual tpm rl meetup, but if there was anything else like a motto or something, let me know!

Art by Ben aka Mystic Clown. He's the pokemon in the middle, Sarah is the Kuro Espeon (duh) and I'm the ice Ninetales :) If you haven't yet told us what your pokemon is, let us know asap! Ben has begun drawing and assembling the design for the back of the shirt, so you still have time! But the event is next week, so hurry!!

Asilynne
31st July 2011, 05:19 PM
lol "Deal With It" Nidoking is gonna be a BOSS!

Btw Ben is working on your pic now :) it looks badass, just needs to be colored!

Asilynne
3rd August 2011, 02:31 PM
BTW PEOPLE THAT NEED A RIDE FROM THE VIENNA METRO: We need a meeting place and a time. Also, get in touch with me so I can get you all a phone number to reach us by. I don't want to wait until the last minute to get logistics down :) If you haven't already, be sure to get your RSVP's in ASAP. Also, tell what food you are planning on bringing/buying, if you don't want to bring something on the metro then there is a grocery store not far away from the BBQ place so that is also an option! 3 more days~

Kuro Espeon
3rd August 2011, 02:35 PM
((Reposted from the facebook event page))

Hey all, here's the address for Ellis Barron Park:
7625 Aaron Lane
Manassas, VA 20109
It's a small park, so you won't have trouble finding us. Parking is along the street.

The start time says noon, but truthfully, knowing us, it won't start on time. XD So don't worry if you can't make it right at the start time.

REMINDER: Please let us know what food you will bringing to contribute (if you haven't already)! We love you all, but we're too poor to feed everybody. XD Plus bring any basketballs or other outdoorsy-type things.

Weather report for Manassas on Saturday is a high of 86, which isn't too bad, but bring sunscreen anyway! There's a small percent chance of rain, but the pavilion at the park is covered, so we will have shelter just in case.

Can't wait to see you all!!

Bear
4th August 2011, 08:08 AM
If you're arriving Saturday via metro, I can help give rides. Xtina and I will be in Friday night.

RedStarWarrior
5th August 2011, 06:02 AM
((Reposted from the facebook event page))

Hey all, here's the address for Ellis Barron Park:
7625 Aaron Lane
Manassas, VA 20109
It's a small park, so you won't have trouble finding us. Parking is along the street.

The start time says noon, but truthfully, knowing us, it won't start on time. XD So don't worry if you can't make it right at the start time.

REMINDER: Please let us know what food you will bringing to contribute (if you haven't already)! We love you all, but we're too poor to feed everybody. XD Plus bring any basketballs or other outdoorsy-type things.

Weather report for Manassas on Saturday is a high of 86, which isn't too bad, but bring sunscreen anyway! There's a small percent chance of rain, but the pavilion at the park is covered, so we will have shelter just in case.

Can't wait to see you all!!
What time should we be there? Also, this is just on Saturday, right?

Lastly, my phone number can be found via my Facebook, so please text me and let me know what I should bring. I may just wait to see what isn't brought and buy it up there.

Asilynne
5th August 2011, 11:06 AM
Yeah just on Saturday. If you are planning on driving all the way to Manassas, then get here by 2pm, if you will be at the Vienna metro then by 1:30pm. James will be giving people rides :) that goes for everyone taking the metro, get there before 1:30pm so we can try and get everyone in one go. Still looking for a final list of who is taking the metro so that we aren't waiting for someone that isn't coming :)

RedStarWarrior
5th August 2011, 10:09 PM
Yeah just on Saturday. If you are planning on driving all the way to Manassas, then get here by 2pm, if you will be at the Vienna metro then by 1:30pm. James will be giving people rides :) that goes for everyone taking the metro, get there before 1:30pm so we can try and get everyone in one go. Still looking for a final list of who is taking the metro so that we aren't waiting for someone that isn't coming :)
I guess once we are there, we can figure out what we need and I can go to the store with one of you all to round up stuff.

Shadow Wolf
6th August 2011, 08:19 AM
Well, since the convention is probably today, I'm pretty sure that there will be low activity on the forum for a while. In any case, if possible, I would like to know how it went:

-Who did you recognize? How did it feel to meet the pokemasters? Did the behavior change completely, or were they the same? and what did you do to make this day unforgettable? (sorry if this sound like too personal, if it is, then it is not necessary to answer)

It's just that, since I won't be able to go, at least I can use my imagination to think about how the day went. :)

Jeff
6th August 2011, 08:29 AM
Well, I do plan on making a page on the main site to post pictures of the event.

Asilynne
7th August 2011, 09:57 AM
It was fun and crazy lol will post pics later :)

Jeff
7th August 2011, 10:51 AM
You can't moderate real life!

Kuro Espeon
7th August 2011, 11:21 AM
Do you still have to lick it?

Asilynne
7th August 2011, 11:51 AM
"Let me grab you with my tongue!"

Bear
7th August 2011, 08:39 PM
Moustache game for the win!

Jeff
7th August 2011, 08:54 PM
"Did you just squeeze a fart out of him?"

RedStarWarrior
7th August 2011, 10:40 PM
You can't moderate real life!
I can sure as hell try! ;)

Asilynne
8th August 2011, 09:41 AM
I can sure as hell try! ;)

COME HERE AND SAY THAT XD

Oh that reminds me of another quote:

"Sorry, you're banned from the party."

"But this is my house!!"

"Too late, banned, get out"

lol good times <3

ChobiChibi
8th August 2011, 09:47 AM
Jealous D:

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

Bear
8th August 2011, 09:54 AM
Jealous D:

Will upload when I return home today :D

ChobiChibi
8th August 2011, 09:56 AM
Gooooooooooood :3

So... UK meetup anyone? XD

Asilynne
8th August 2011, 09:58 AM
Gooooooooooood :3

So... UK meetup anyone? XD

We were talking about saving up and going to an Australian or UK one next year ;D! Or making you guys come here again XD

DarkestLight
8th August 2011, 01:35 PM
Next year Im down. No games.

Perfect Chaos
8th August 2011, 11:51 PM
Jealous D:

I CALL SHENANIGANS IF PICS DON'T GET UP SOON :hellyeah:

shazza
9th August 2011, 01:29 AM
WE NEED AN AUSSIE MEET UP

Bear
9th August 2011, 02:02 PM
patience, young grasshopper. Patience.

Asilynne
9th August 2011, 03:15 PM
Come on James picss~~~~~ lol

shazza
9th August 2011, 07:56 PM
Did Blademaster attend?

Gavin Luper
10th August 2011, 10:32 AM

I totally support this!

Blademaster
10th August 2011, 08:10 PM
Did Blademaster attend?

I told you guys already, even if I wanted to show up, I had to stay home for my mom - she's still recovering from surgery.

shazza
10th August 2011, 09:03 PM
So, you did?

Blademaster
11th August 2011, 12:19 PM
Stay home? Yes.

RedStarWarrior
12th August 2011, 06:08 PM
Stay home? Yes.
Thank God.

Bear
13th August 2011, 09:22 AM
yall mean

Blademaster
13th August 2011, 02:09 PM
http://www.aaerda.net/webpages/crpgs/ff8/ff8graphix/FF8Squall.jpg

"...Whatever..."

Perfect Chaos
14th August 2011, 06:31 AM
You emo bro? :o

Crazy Elf Boy
14th August 2011, 07:23 AM

Seconded

Bear
15th August 2011, 06:16 PM
Pictures from TPMNoVa2011 (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=515053&postcount=797)