PDA

View Full Version : Oh, snap! Pokémon Snap sequel announced for the 3DS!

Jeff
1st April 2011, 09:00 AM
Note: This was an April Fools' Day prank, not an actual announcement!

http://www.thepokemasters.net/games/snap3ds.png

Alright, so you guys remember when a new Pokémon game was first announced for 3DS? Well, we finally have the first details. First of all yes, it's a sequel to the N64 spinoff game Pokémon Snap!

Probably the biggest new feature of this game is the ability to take pictures of Pokémon in your own back yard using the 3DS's augmented reality feature. Just imagine being able to take pictures of a Pikachu walking down the street in your neighborhood, or a Marill sitting on your kitchen table. It's a neat little feature, and will definitely be a major draw.

Returning from the original game is the main adventure mode where you assume the role of Todd Snap, who rides around in his brand new Zero Two (successor to the Zero One from the first game) taking pictures of wild Pokémon in their natural habitats. As you progress, you'll unlock new areas where you'll find more Pokémon, and you'll also unlock new items that will help you get better pictures in your pursuit of that perfect shot.

If you carry your 3DS around with you, then whenever you start up your copy of Snap 3DS you might find pictures that other players took in their games and shared, and of course, those players will be able to see pictures that you shared. Naturally, this is all done via StreetPass. You can also send pictures stright to your friends via Nintendo WFC.

Like with the built-in 3DS camera app, you'll also have the ability to send any pictures you take to an SD card where they can be printed from your computer, posted to message boards, or whatever else you want to do with them.

For those of you who have played the original game, you'll be happy to know that the main adventure has plenty of new stuff. Among the new features are new items such as the Pokéradar, which you'll be able to unlock in the game in addition to classic items like Pokémon food and Pester Balls. Just like in the original, some Pokémon can only be photographed after you use certain items to flush them out.

Of course, in addition to all this is the fact that Pokémon from all 5 generations will be included in this game. So, if you've always wanted to take a picture of a Togepi, a Munchlax, or even Victini, you're in luck!

One more interesting addition is that there will be a greater emphasis on branching paths, meaning you'll need to explore areas carefully if you want to snap 'em all.

Looks like Pokémon Snap 3DS is shaping up to be a pretty cool game. Sadly though, we don't have any more info on it right now.

Stay tuned to TPM for all the latest on this upcoming game as we find out more!

source (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0)

Magmar
1st April 2011, 09:20 AM
This is exciting! I still have N64 AND Pokemon Snap 64. XD

Blademaster
1st April 2011, 03:38 PM
FINALLY.

Chris 2.1
1st April 2011, 03:49 PM
Please don't be an April Fools....this sounds incredible...

DarkestLight
1st April 2011, 05:57 PM
I agree with Chris! This is far too damn awesome. I hope this is real!

>> Hate. Pure hate.

Telume
1st April 2011, 08:10 PM
Did anyone actually bother to look at the source for this?

Lady Vulpix
1st April 2011, 08:27 PM
I looked. :keke:

Charles Legend
1st April 2011, 08:57 PM
Pitty is a joke, if this had been Real the thing I would want most in it is for it to take longer then a single day to beat... >_>

~Charles Legend

Blademaster
1st April 2011, 09:18 PM
I looked at the source.

I went along with it just to be an asshole and give false hope to folks who were tardy to the party. Like Darkly! :D

Mew Master
1st April 2011, 09:37 PM
Never gonna give you up... Never gonna let you down... never gonna turn around and hurt you...

Blademaster
1st April 2011, 09:39 PM
1. Rickrolling stopped being funny a long time ago.

2. You got the words wrong.

3. Two is enough.

Jeff
1st April 2011, 09:53 PM
Rickrolling is out.

Now it's all about Rebeccarolling!

Mew Master
1st April 2011, 09:56 PM
Blade...

1. Don't care.

2. Don't care.

3. Nope. Still don't care.

Chris 2.1
2nd April 2011, 07:02 AM
Wait this was fake? Damn.

The Blue Avenger
2nd April 2011, 07:35 AM
And today, Chris learned to check the source.

Chris 2.1
2nd April 2011, 08:07 AM
THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. I HATE BEING DECEIVED *storms off*

Blademaster
2nd April 2011, 12:54 PM
Aw don't be upset Chris! It still is coming - he just linked it to Youtube to fool everybody!

lol jk

Magmar
3rd April 2011, 10:15 AM
With new local car seat laws, Rebecca Black and her friends should all be wearing car seats in that car.

Telume
3rd April 2011, 03:22 PM
brb, ragequitting.

Trace
4th April 2011, 12:27 AM
Not going to lie, I fell for this. Although it did strike me as odd, that a Pokemon forum was the first to receive such news.

Blademaster
4th April 2011, 02:00 AM
Pokemon news on a Pokemon forum?

That IS odd...

Drago
4th April 2011, 02:19 AM
News broken first on a dead Pokemon forum. Yes, that would be odd. Don't twist no words there, Blade.

Blademaster
4th April 2011, 03:05 AM
Just calling it how I see it, Mod-man. :keke:

cool man
5th April 2011, 04:40 PM
3DS with out glass WoW

Blademaster
5th April 2011, 05:53 PM
...Huh?

Magmar
6th April 2011, 06:52 AM
Hey cool man, welcome to TPM! Now that you're 10, you get to choose from one of three starters and leave your family forever to wander around the world alone and fend for yourself and care for your new animal friends.

Your choices are: A quadriplegic Metapod, a Kakuna with pancreatic cancer, and a perfectly healthy Luvdisc

Crazy Elf Boy
7th April 2011, 03:43 AM
Jeff, why must you torture me like this. I have been waiting for more good games to come out on 3DS before I buy one.