PDA

View Full Version : Class of 2011!

Magmar
8th April 2011, 01:31 PM
Alright, we're heading into the second week of April, and I know I'm not the only one here who's graduating this spring!

Who's graduating?? What's your major, or are you graduating middle or high school (you youngins)? What are your post grad plans??

I'm getting my BS in Management with a concentration in HR (yay for specialization), and have a math minor. I plan on going to grad school starting in January, because I just don't have the time to deal with graduate school applications and process right now! I need time AFTER school to study for my GMAT. I also need time to rage, celebrate, have a big milestone coming up (25! :partyhat: ), and I really want to get an internship before I go to grad school and pursue a career I might hate.

ChobiChibi
8th April 2011, 02:01 PM
Even though I finish my degree in 5 weeks time, I don't graduate til November. It sucks. Major. Balls.

I'm getting a BA (Hons) in Music with Instrumental or Vocal Teaching. Major and minor.

My plans for postgrad changed dramatically this week. I was gonna take a gap year, earn some money and come back and do a Masters in Choral Studies. But I found out that in 2012, my fees are likely to go up to £12,000 (this academic year they're £4000, in September it'll be £7,500). The reason this is a huge issue is the fact that the course might not run this year. It needs 3 people, until this week I was the only one. Now we have 2. I'm willing to find £7,500 for my MA, but not £12,000.

Graduation costs SO much. It'll be good though. I want my hood!

Katie
9th April 2011, 08:43 PM
I graduated 4 months ago and have yet to find a (real) job. there is literally one job posted within 30 miles of me in my field listed as "entry-level" on monster, careerbuilder, etc. and their phone number has been disconnected and their building is vacant. god knows how they posted a job on monster.

fuck this economy. AT LEAST I HAVE AN AWESOME $45,000 PIECE OF PAPER! that is still in the tube. I need to get a frame.

e: what I mean to say is fuck you class of 11, 10s get seniority on jobs so wait your turn.

Deadwood_Zen
9th April 2011, 09:05 PM
I sure as hell hope the world doesn't end in 2012, since I won't be able to graduate :O:

2013 is still the best, bitches.

Dryk
9th April 2011, 10:11 PM
2011 all the way. Finally graduating high school and have been accepted into one of my first choice colleges where I plan to study Comp. Sci (hon.) and some other stuff. I also lucked into a sweet housing deal with one of my friends which is more like a hotel than a dorm, so we'll see how that all plays out. And hopefully this summer I'll be able to go to a special summer project thing in Cali, but I gotta apply first.

I hate applications.

shazza
10th April 2011, 01:40 AM
Congratulations, Baz! :) I graduated my BA in Political Science/Media in July last year. I was unemployed until January, and now have a full time job which I am growing ever more apathetic about and am also an editor/writer of a new magazine for the city.

I am pondering more and more about going to uni, for I feel I can achieve far more. If I were to do so, I definitely need to have a part time job this time as having no money once again is simply something I wish not to experience. Perhaps I should do a post grad in counselling or something? I don't know. I wish I was more concrete about my future/career, but then again I am only 22 and they say that people on average now change their career 4 times.

Samchu
10th April 2011, 06:05 AM
Graduating this year! Ahhh, it's kinda terrifying! I'm handing my last piece of work in in 18 days and I'm graduating near the end of July. It's creeping up on me, lol. Getting a BA (Hons) in Creative Writing / Classical Civilizations (double major).

I'm SUPPOSED to be doing the MA in Historical Research (Classical Pathway). I've spoken to all the lecturers and I'll basically waltz on to the course but I'm still waiting on a reference. My uni doesn't seem to have a deadline but I'd really appreciate having everything taken care of by May.

Telume
10th April 2011, 02:49 PM
I graduate at the end of the fall term, I need to speak the dept. chair to get some classes replaced but, I'm almost done, woot!

Crazy Elf Boy
10th April 2011, 09:30 PM
If I complete both my first and second semester this year then I shall be graduating. All I know is that I am not so sure how I will do on my prac.

Oslo
17th April 2011, 02:05 AM
Graduating this year! :) Getting my Honours BA in English Language and Literature with a minor in Creative Writing. Egads. I'll be pursuing a one-year terminal MA in the fall and then perhaps do a post-grad after that iiin... Publishing? Technical Writing? Copywriting? Yeah, not sure. I'm just interested in sheltering myself from the Real World as long as possible. Also, I'm leaving the door to a PhD program open at the moment; however, since I would like to one day find, y'know, a full-time job, it's almost certainly a bad idea.

Ahhh, getting old.

shazza
17th April 2011, 02:40 AM
How old are you, Oslo?

Oslo
17th April 2011, 09:40 AM
21. :S Okay, I'm not really getting old, but it sure as hell feels like it sometimes.

Magmar
17th April 2011, 01:19 PM
I'll be 25 in July so suck it oslo :)

Three weeks until finals... 34 days until graduation. I spoke with my parents last weekend (1st time in 3 months :/ ) and they said they are not coming to my graduation. Which means it is going to have to be a shitshow instead! Full on kegger!

Crystal Mew
17th April 2011, 06:23 PM
I'm still a junior, I'm never gonna graduate :( :( :( (i decided it was more fun to mess around wasting my life rather than going to school)

and I turn 25 this year, meh

Jeff
17th April 2011, 06:28 PM
Yay for the 5+ year plan club!

I turn 27 this year and am currently out of school. When I start making enough money to go back, I plan to do so.

Magmar
6th May 2011, 12:01 AM
Today was my last day of class.

I have one exam Tuesday and then I'm done :)

Zak
6th May 2011, 01:00 AM
I was initially supposed be class of 11, but I have one more semester actually. Stupid class not offered in the spring... I'm kinda half happy though, I really like it here, not sure I'm ready to say goodbye to college life.

ChobiChibi
6th May 2011, 09:48 AM
Today was the last exam of my degree (I fear I may have destroyed Modernism. Yes!). Yesterday was my last project hand in. Monday is my last group performance. Today is also summer ball. YES!

Becky
9th May 2011, 04:20 PM
I..well, haven't graduated, but I did just finish my final semester of my PhD coursework! It's exciting to think that I don't have any more graduate classes, but I'm sure I'll miss them after awhile. Good experiences. I went straight from my B.A. to M.A. with the intention of getting a Ph.D., and upon acceptance, I haven't looked back.

I'm looking forward to taking a little time off from doing research this summer, although I want to at least work on a couple of projects.

On to the dissertation, though....yikes! Congrats to everyone who is graduating though, you should all celebrate! :D

Magmar
11th May 2011, 07:58 PM
Thanks Becky! :)

I just turned in my last exam. It's over! College is over. And tomorrow at 8 am I'm going to hear whether or not I was accepted to grad school... I was supposed to find out today >_>

ohstress

Telume
11th May 2011, 09:05 PM
Thanks Becky! :)

I just turned in my last exam. It's over! College is over. And tomorrow at 8 am I'm going to hear whether or not I was accepted to grad school... I was supposed to find out today >_>

ohstress

Hope you get in!

Deadwood_Zen
11th May 2011, 09:56 PM
Good luck, Magmar! :DD

I just realized the other day my mom is graduating Oregon State this semester, so she's Class of 2011. Dual Bachelor's in Environmental Science and a Minor in Chemistry. Pretty cool shiz.

ChobiChibi
12th May 2011, 06:28 AM
Woops, I realised I've got a 1000 words evaluation of performance to hand in >_> I love bs essays.

Also handing in my MA application today. Win. Yesterday was my last performance with the Otter Consort (small singing group) in this country. I've got 2 more choir rehearsals and it's all over :( Waaaaaaaaaah D:

papabopp
12th May 2011, 08:12 PM
I'm Graduating! and a year early at that!