PDA

View Full Version : Bad Habits!

Oslo
15th April 2011, 04:47 AM
Okay, TPM, lay it on me. Simple question: What's your bad habit?

Do you smoke like a chimney?

Cut off fellow motorists?

Play B/W while you should be paying attention to your girlfriend/boyfriend/baby/ficus?

We won't judge. :) (Unless someone lists being judgmental as their bad habit, in which case there certainly will be at least some judgments flying around.)

Personally, I procrastinate. Now, this seems a little like an obvious one, as I imagine a healthy chunk of the portion probably believes they put things off. It's just that it's nearly 6:00 in the morning and my twenty-page essay on vernacular theology in fifteenth-century drama still isn't completed... and instead of researching my good chap Nicholas Watson I'm posting a lame-ass topic about bad habits...

But I also bite my nails, leave jars of not-quite-empty pasta sauce in the fridge for weeks and write in library books. *nod*

So, uh. Your turn. :D

abunaidesu
15th April 2011, 04:52 AM
Logging onto TPM forums.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
15th April 2011, 04:55 AM
Procastination aswell.

Furthermore, heavy nailbiting and a utilitarianistic mindset.

I also smoke weed on an intense daily base, which I should do something about cuz this isn't gonna end well after a few more years.

shazza
15th April 2011, 06:05 AM
I put the pro in procrastinate. I berate myself too much, which aids to the procrastination. I crack my knuckles, neck, shoulders, feet and toes. I am a messy and unorganised cunt if I don't try to control it -- e.g. took a bag of peanuts to work and they came out in my bag a month ago; only cleaned them up yesterday (as well as having shells on my desk). I over indulge in drinking when I do so; it's either none or all. I hoard all my shit like no tomorrow. I write too fast to the extent I cannot read my own handwriting.

BUT I'M AWESOME

Master Rudy
15th April 2011, 06:38 AM
BUT I'M AWESOME

No Shazza.....The Miz is awesome......you are an idiot :P

lol j/k ^_~

Anyway my #1 bad habit is putting things off. The tax deadline in the US is Aprial 18th this year......I still haven't done mine ^_^()

DarkestLight
15th April 2011, 06:59 AM
I hear anything else about the Miz and I'm taking heads.

Uhhh I guess I ref too much?

Oh wait, I also spend too much time online in general. That's probably it, can't th--Oh

Cursing. Do it so well I can talk in all swears and leave underlying newcurse subtext -.-.

kurai
15th April 2011, 09:04 AM
some people say i'm too big a fan of vernacular theology in fifteenth-century drama

Mikachu Yukitatsu
15th April 2011, 09:21 AM
I post topics where Blade can point me to the room full of people who care.

Also, I do the opposite of the procrastinating. Always rushing to things without a second thought.

Blademaster
15th April 2011, 09:46 AM
Procrastination, ho.

Also, I snap at everyone and everything on a regular basis, and the few times I don't snap outright I'm still pissed off by whatever happened on the inside.

...Trying to be nice all the time builds up a lot of inner anger.

Deadwood_Zen
15th April 2011, 11:20 AM
Logging onto TPM forums.
And refusing to let anyone else help me with my social and emotional problems.

Oslo
15th April 2011, 11:20 AM
some people say i'm too big a fan of vernacular theology in fifteenth-century drama

*hands over essay-in-progress* Go nuts, my friend. :D

crown34
15th April 2011, 02:15 PM
I curse like a sailor and I'm a asshole if I don't get my coffee.

DivineAll
15th April 2011, 03:39 PM
Procrastination, scratching myself in places people consider inappropriate, and talking to myself out loud at random. Those are the big three for me.

Crazy Elf Boy
15th April 2011, 05:27 PM
I think I procrastinate way too much, usually by sleeping, some days can sleep for like 12 hours and then get nothing done before I sleep again. Right now I am avoiding doing assignments by playing Nes and Snes games.

RedStarWarrior
15th April 2011, 08:54 PM
I speed.

That's pretty much it. Fuck, I'm lame. :(

Katie
15th April 2011, 11:22 PM
there's a no right on red light by my house, I "run" it every day on my way to work

THE LAW DOESN'T APPLY TO ME!

Deadwood_Zen
16th April 2011, 02:34 AM
I swear. A lot.

Oslo
16th April 2011, 07:03 AM
I also don't proofread closely. My thesis supervisor handed back my draft the other day with the most ridiculously obvious mistakes all over it. On that note, I'm only realizing now that I wrote "portion" instead of "population" in the OP. :heh: Smooth, Oslo.

Deadwood_Zen
16th April 2011, 01:16 PM
I never double-check my answers, or proofread. I rarely ever made a second draft of reports.

Magmar
17th April 2011, 01:17 PM
I don't think I have any really bad habits, other than snoozing too late in the morning.
I keep my vices in control at an affordable and social level.
Yes I do engage in many things that people would automatically label as a bad habit.
I consider them fun and social habits and would cut them if they negatively impacted me.

I used to bite my nails but stopped because I wanted to get better at playing guitar. Having nails is a huge help. I only bite it if I'm nowhere near any nail clippers and one of them chips and is in danger of being torn off and leaving me in dexterous agony. Not that they're wicked long. But I have some nails.

I procrastinate on laundry, not work or homework. I always end up with a ton of laundry to do. But I've been keeping tabs on that as well.

One bad habit I have is not calling my parents regularly, but then again why would I...

Becky
26th May 2011, 12:46 PM
Starbucks and shopping, especially clothes and shoes! I just bought my first pair of Louboutins last month I'm obsessed now.. I'm sure there are other habits I have, but it's hard to be self-reflective about this topic!

I'm pretty obsessive compulsive, so I also like to clean a lot, and I feel like I always have a long to do list.

Heald
26th May 2011, 12:54 PM
My bad habit is not bothering to finish what I'm doing & go d

Lady Vulpix
26th May 2011, 01:02 PM
When I have too many things to do and no way to finish them all, I usually spend the time worrying about them and end up not doing any of them. That's a bad habit, but I'm not sure of how to get rid of it.

classy_cat18
26th May 2011, 01:11 PM
My bad habit is not bothering to finish what I'm doing & go d

Same as him, but for multiple things at a ti

Also, I pick my nose.

mattbcl
26th May 2011, 01:17 PM
I play Rock Band too much. Video games in general, but Rock Band in particular. I usually justify it by pointing out those drums are helping me burn some serious calories, which is true, but I still play it too much.

I spend too much time sitting in front of my computer when I could be getting out in the fresh air.

I consistently blow off the dishes and my laundry. This usually leaves me with a daunting pile of both by the time I'm even remotely feeling like I should do something about them.

I'm very messy, despite my parents trying their best to raise me otherwise, and so there's a lot of crap lying around my house that really doesn't need to be out in the open. (Most of the time. We have a guest here for a few days so we cleaned like mad - it actually looks some semblance of neat right now!)

They're few and far between, but on days I call in sick to work (as in the case of today), I should be resting in bed. But all I want to do is get up, pace around the house, and goof off.

I eat like the teenager I no longer am. My metabolism is still keeping up, but I know that'll change.

Cynder
26th May 2011, 01:42 PM
I have a lot of bad habits. A lot.

I bite my nails constantly, make promises I can't keep, leave everything until the last minute, spend wayy too long on my laptop (8 hours daily at the least), daydream, overthink everything, judge people based on appearances (I stay away from the peeps that overdress and wear stupid amounts of makeup and crap like that), and loads more that I can't think of at this moment in time. Just be glad I'm not old enough to drive, I'd probably kill you all.

Blademaster
26th May 2011, 04:27 PM
I think I myself am a bad habit.

Katie
26th May 2011, 07:04 PM
Louboutins
ooh pics?

Becky
26th May 2011, 09:30 PM
Hi Katie! I'll upload some pictures soon. I actually just took the shoes in to a local repair shop have the soles rubberized with a red bottom because the red scraped off pretty quickly. This is the closest I can find (http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306 418049&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446389607&R=452584884109&P_name=Christian+Louboutin&N=306418049+4294912355+1559&bmUID=j0EN7c_). Except that they're plain black and open-toed.