PDA

View Full Version : slaking is looking worse every day

probationsmack
27th April 2003, 11:19 PM
decided to update a previous post

slaking is already disabled by truant characteristic but it gets even worse when you try and play with him

it turns out that truant is a determined turn, it will never change and will always be on an even numbered turn from the beginning of the battle
i previously thought that if confusion or paralysis prevented slaking from attacking then it would get to transfer over to the next turn
wrong
no matter what you do or dont accomplish during slakings active turn, truant will activate ....arghhhhh
i just know that slaking should never remain in play if its confused/attracted etc.,
and since it has the potential to be loafing on the turn you call it in i STRONGLY suggest the slack-off technique

Gligar_Man
27th April 2003, 11:22 PM
dude... everyone knows what your trying to tell us... not like it is new... slaking is only good for hyperbeaming every other turn, slack off is known... -_- why wouldnt you put a healing move on such a tank... why dont you see if you can skill swamp it to settle some arguments, lol

tofu
27th April 2003, 11:26 PM
well the more ppl hate him, the more i wanna use him, then they will see how wrong they were :yes:

probationsmack
27th April 2003, 11:27 PM
yes yes slakings truant is OLD news

but i always thought that this thing truant turn was VARIABLE depending on when you called it in
instead it is STRICT even numbered turns
and it pisses me off so much that if slakoth hurts itself in the confusion, then he still goes truant

that was the focus of this post
and that slaking should not be considered for sweeping at all, better for team support with moves like encore
or tanking with amnesia+slackoff

and then again, im running out of things to post about
*runs off to look for something new

ronaldmc
27th April 2003, 11:29 PM
Hey Gligar, an opponent used Skill Swap in my Slaking and it worked, he could attack every turn and the opponent stayed loafing around... Since it worked, I think that it works in 2VS2 battles either... Xatu (lax incense, skill swap, wish) and Slaking (with return, e-quake and S-ball) for example... Very good...

Gligar_Man
27th April 2003, 11:30 PM
well basically like he said truancy is undetermined so status affects have a double affect on this dude and almost guarantee you having to psuedohaze yourself or face paralysis as your worst enemy... he is very very strong and his evs are easy to put into place, ;)... and in 2v2v hyper beam plsu any other direct attack can take out about anyone... and if they switch to cham (his biggets threat) be sure to pack counter or confuse ray (on someone else confuse ray) if they go and get hyper beamed well then... finish'em off with someone else while they are recoverring, and if they bring it in on your truant turn, well then it dont count but youll son be 0wned... i say if your gonna pack a slaking you better have a ton of numerous things that dont make it worth the while... :\ at all,

edit: i knew it worked in game and assumed in 2v2s but iw as hoping someone woud tets that out since im lazy, :yes:... anyways, if your going to use it at least use it on your opponent afterwards so they are truant, ;) like

kecleon used skill swap
kecleon became truant
kecleon is loafin' man...
kecleon used skill swap
poodle became truant... get it? yeah its a pain to set up but if used correctly slaking = meana nd they'll probably be concentrating on slaking instead of kecleon but who cares right?

Feelingsad
28th April 2003, 01:29 AM
I don't think Slakings characteristic can be skill swapped I am sorry.. But I dunno about Slaking being useless..

Other than Hyperbeaming, which would be a kick-*** use for him, I was thinking of giving it bodyslam, and equiping that thing that gives 1.5 damage but only allows you to use one move, and like just switch keking in, bodyslam for like, 191 base damage and a 30% chance of par, off an attack score over 1.5x that of the rby Tauros, then just switch our straight after.. It's like a critical hit every turn..

Plus Hyperbeam with that item thing will OHKO just about everything non resistant.. And even without it Slakings hyperbeam across 2 turns does more damage than 2 Snorlax returns..

Uhh, yeah Slaking is cool, Have a nice day.

Gligar_Man
28th April 2003, 01:32 AM
stategy wise hes too predictale and on 2v2 if you gang up on someone hyper beam + anything else = dead opp. i like slaking cause he is fast (299) over snorlax who isnt

Slaking master
28th April 2003, 06:30 AM
I don't think Slakings characteristic can be skill swapped I am sorry.. .

I give up.I am tired of saying the same thing over and over.I have tried it out, it works u can skill swap slaking trait.But there is always one person out there who has not test it out and run their mouth saying it does not work.Trust me like soggy has spindas i have slakings and vigaroths i have a lot of them.If u think slaking sucks remeber their is a reason why it has that trait. I am wait for the day rsbot or new new netbattle comes out so i can take out my stress on the slaking haters.

Uhh, yeah Slaking is cool, Have a nice day.

That is so tru

tofu
28th April 2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Slaking master
I give up.I am tired of saying the same thing over and over.I have tried it out, it works u can skill swap slaking trait.But there is always one person out there who has not test it out and run their mouth saying it does not work.Trust me like soggy has spindas i have slakings and vigaroths i have a lot of them.If u think slaking sucks remeber their is a reason why it has that trait. I am wait for the day rsbot or new new netbattle comes out so i can take out my stress on the slaking haters.

you and me both slaking master, but unlike most, i prefer to use vigaroth. quite the scary site, i hate having to leave an everstone on him though

HienkyakuX
28th April 2003, 10:56 AM
He can be skillswaped I did it in 2v2 whit my solrock until the oponent whas the one whit trount.

ralts_mudkip
28th April 2003, 02:08 PM
slack off is known... -_- what that supposed to mean? i thought S-off was just like recover .:confused:

probationsmack
28th April 2003, 03:39 PM
about skill swapping

make sure it is done on the turn slaking is being lazy
since truant turns happen on even turns if you use skill swap on the even turn youll be able to swap it the very next turn to the enemy without being a loafer

Kokomo
28th April 2003, 03:43 PM
well the more ppl hate him, the more i wanna use him, then they will see how wrong they were

Same. That shiny slaking looks very sexy today. O_o

Maarkaald
28th April 2003, 03:45 PM
Erm... what is Pseudohazing?

probationsmack
28th April 2003, 03:49 PM
pseudo hazing means that its an alternative to hazing, but over time it has basically been meant that switching is forced....

Scythemantis
28th April 2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by probationsmack
yes yes slakings truant is OLD news

but i always thought that this thing truant turn was VARIABLE depending on when you called it in
instead it is STRICT even numbered turns
and it pisses me off so much that if slakoth hurts itself in the confusion, then he still goes truant

And THAT is what he was saying we already knew. I'm sorry but what you're saying is absolutely RIDICULOUS. Why in god's name would you ever think that? Everyone always knew that truant makes him rest EVERY OTHER TURN, PERIOD. Please think about it more for a second. If it let him "skip" being truant when confusion/paralysis sets in, that would mean that being confused or paralyzed would make no difference at all and have [/i]no effect on his performance.[/i] Essentially making him IMMUNE to the effects of being confused or paralyzed!

Gligar_Man
28th April 2003, 09:18 PM
thats been said, slaking is good for tearing things apart until they get smart enough to disable him... end of story, ;) wich is easily done... hhe, i even used him for a bit though