PDA

View Full Version : ~Updated Convention Poll~

Asilynne
17th April 2011, 07:28 PM
Sorry for not osting this sooner but I have been busy with client consultations and getting a new job at a vet clinic (finally!). And since I don't know of a way to update the poll in the last topic I'll start this new one. We are getting close to nailing down a day that will work for most people, so I'm going to add a few weekends from Aug in here, make it a multiple choice poll, and get some activities to vote on too, so I guess you could call this the TPM Convention Superpoll.

Carried over from the other topic:

Again heres the list of attendees:

Magmar
Redstarwarrior
Asilynne
Kuro Espeon
Mystic clown
Bear (and Bearette XD)
Jeff
Link 10 (Matt H. via facebook)
Crystal Tears

Maybes:
Blademaster
Master Rudy
Darkestlight
Chobichibi
Telume

And here are the suggestions for what to do on the TPMfest Weekend:

BBQ/picnic
Indoor/Outdoor games
Pool Party
ULTIMATE FRISBEE
Watergunz/waterbaloons or other sorts of watersports
Various sports like volleyball, soccer, baseball etc whatever people like

Dates:

July 8-10 {{2 votes}}
July 15-17 {{2 votes}}

New Dates:

Aug 5-7
Aug 12-14
Aug 19-21
Aug 26-28

Please when you vote, vote for every weekend you have available, and post if you would like to say which one would be your first choice. We are mainly doing this to see where the highest overlap of availability is.

Also don't forget to vote for ALL of the events you would like to do, you are not limited to one. And be sure to suggest any you would like that aren't listed, we are open to suggestions!

Good news is the three of us are most likely getting a townhouse in June so we will have more space if we want to host the BBQ/gaming sessions at our place. so cost OF the event in that case won't be an issue, just bring something to share food wise ;D

Also let me know if you want to be moved from the maybe list to the attending list. Thanks all!

I personally am open for any weekend, I would just need to let my job know ahead of time. I believe everyone else in my household is the same way. If you also can do any weekend, just check all of them and post that you are good for any!

Jeff
17th April 2011, 07:41 PM
Lots of votes!

Quick question, where are you getting the townhouse?

Asilynne
17th April 2011, 07:45 PM
Lots of votes!

Quick question, where are you getting the townhouse?

Its not too far away from where I live now, If you take 66 its off Exit 47, Manassas :)

Master Rudy
17th April 2011, 08:25 PM
Well as I said before the weekend of 8/19 would be my own best bet. I'm getting a pretty decently sized return back so my car situation should be taken care of (yeah I could possibly fly for next to nothing but I personally LIKE road trips :P). The main issue for me would be getting the time off and money saved for the trip since gas prices aren't looking too friendly at the moment (just hit $4 a gallon in Cincy :-/)

Telume
17th April 2011, 09:35 PM
Put me under the maybes for right now.

Blademaster
18th April 2011, 08:21 AM
I'm gonna hop on the 'later is better' bandwagon, since my rationale is that the longer I have a license and job, the more likely I think my folks will be OK with me doing this.

Also, if we have it at the very end of August, that increases the odds of you guys getting me birthday gifts. :D

DarkestLight
18th April 2011, 08:25 AM
August :o. August any weekend most like--errp. when my fam reunion >.>... ill come back to this.

Asilynne
19th April 2011, 07:51 PM
Ok, since I've got two jobs now and I've been asked to cater for a wedding later this year, I want to get this locked down asap. The poll ends April 24th, so everyone who is on either the maybe or the definately list please vote asap! Thank you to everyone who has already <3

Asilynne
23rd April 2011, 04:57 PM
Voting ends tomorrow, so if you haven't voted yet please do so! On Monday, based on the votes I'll be settling on a date so everyone will be able to start making arrangements with work and travel. The kinds of festivities we will have will still be open for suggestion though!

ChobiChibi
23rd April 2011, 05:09 PM
Yeah... Gonna say no. No job, no money, flights at such short notice= +++£... That and if I get a job, I'm gonna need to work every hour possible before I go back to uni (IF I go back).

Bloody hate the uncertainties of life atm. Someone paint me a clear and decisive path and I'll be happy again. *grumbles*

Blademaster
23rd April 2011, 06:19 PM
You're preaching to the choir, monkey-girl...

Don't write me out entirely just yet. But something tells me that in spite of the progress I'm making, this won't be happening. Not this year.

Whether or not I make it, though, I swear that I'll finally be ready next year. If TPMfest becomes an annual event... I'll be there next year.

ChobiChibi
24th April 2011, 07:10 AM
You're preaching to the choir, monkey-girl...

I am the choir, funnily enough. Preach to the converted instead :)

Master Rudy
28th April 2011, 05:39 PM
Well Bran I'm still a maybe at this point. However a suggestion for an activity:

TABLETOP GAMING!

Pretty much if it's done on a table then we need a large group of people doing it (mind out of gutter you freaks!). Things along the lines of D&D/other RPG's (you've got that Trek role playing book I gave you ^_~), various CCG's (I myself would be open to WoW and have more than enough cards from the original DBZ CCG to teach folks), ect

Magmar
29th April 2011, 08:14 AM
Sorry but I've never played a tabletop game...