PDA

View Full Version : MLB 2011 Season Thread

Number1ChanseyFan
20th April 2011, 11:42 PM
Meh, didn't see any MLB thread in here yet, so... here it is!! Feel free to talk about your favorite team... or my favorite team, tied for the best overall record in the game, your first place Cleveland Indians!! (And no matter what, they are going to be in first tomorrow too!!) So yeah, I don't know quite how they are doing it or how long its going to last, but its been a pleasant surprise for sure. I'm sure by the time October rolls around I'll be amazed that they ever were in first place, and wondering where exactly it all went wrong (again LOL) but I'm enjoying this while it lasts... and hopefully tomorrow it will be 3 out of 4 wins against the wild card leading Royals (O_o!!) in the showdown for first place.

Drago
21st April 2011, 01:22 AM
This season, the Toronto Blue Jays continue to break my freaking heart for being miserably inconsistent. They've proved that already, by getting off to a great start before dropping a series to the floundering Red Sox.

They're not good for much more than some excitement and some dingers. It's a remarkable feeling, following a team that hasn't seen the playoffs for nearly twenty years now. I gripe and moan about the Titans' inconsistency, but at least they average at least one playoff berth every three seasons or so.

The Jays? Man, they're giving me nothing. I'll happily watch some Jose Bautista on the plate, but man, the Jays need to make some serious moves. I can only clutch tightly onto memories of Joe Carter's homer for so long...

Jeff
21st April 2011, 07:53 AM
You want to talk about inconsistent. The Orioles started 6-1 this season, even beating the undefeated Rangers. Everyone here was exited and looking forward to a great season, that is until they followed that up with an 8-game losing streak.

One thing they are consistent about is that they always tend to finish as one of the worst teams in baseball. It's pretty sad when your team finishing with less that 100 losses is considered a "good season".

Ghost
22nd April 2011, 10:03 AM
After a rough beginning to the season, the Red Sox are finally beginning to hit it up :)

Is it just me or does Josh Beckett look like he's in Cy Young form right now?

Number1ChanseyFan
24th April 2011, 10:48 AM
After a rough beginning to the season, the Red Sox are finally beginning to hit it up :)

Is it just me or does Josh Beckett look like he's in Cy Young form right now?

hehe He didn't exactly look like it against the Indians ;)

but then again I would have rather beaten him in October 2007, so you win XD

but yeah, it looks like that whole Freaky Friday thing where the Indians and the Red Sox apparently switched bodies to start the season may finally be coming to an end.

Pokemaster Ash
27th April 2011, 12:53 AM
It's a remarkable feeling, following a team that hasn't seen the playoffs for nearly twenty years now.

...That means absolutely nothing to a Chicago Cubs fan. While they may occasionally see the playoffs, you know that dark cloud still looms over us... Man, would I love to finally see that cursed losing streak finally die...

...Unfortunately, the Cubs seem to have hit their own skid now after being able to hover around .500 for a while (and somehow in the process remain one of the better teams in the league currently).

......God do I feel depressed right now, because the Cubs' skid just happens to coincide with the Blackhawks getting knocked out of the playoffs (but no one around here gives a crap about hockey, so no topic to feel miserable in for that...). The White Sox are hurting pretty bad right now in the loss column, so even my backup team isn't looking good. Makes me worry for the Bulls right now, since Chicago sports seem to be suffering right now (and again, apparently no one gives a crap or else we'd have an NBA topic....half the damn games are rigged anyway, so not worth it)

Drago
27th April 2011, 06:10 AM
......God do I feel depressed right now, because the Cubs' skid just happens to coincide with the Blackhawks getting knocked out of the playoffs (but no one around here gives a crap about hockey, so no topic to feel miserable in for that...).
Wow, that must have sucked for you...

Who beat them, anyhow?

Wouldn't have been the President's Trophy winning Vancouver Canucks, would it?

Wouldn't have looked like this, would it?
HL8zWzmHdXE

3venge, baby!! SAY GOODNIGHT, BLACKHAWKS!!!

...er-hem. Sorry. I've been waiting two years for that.

Anyhow, with a commanding 10-3 performance by the Blue Jays over the Rangers, and Montreal taking Boston to game 7, all Canadian teams won today. It's a beautiful day to be a Canuck, eh?