PDA

View Full Version : New pokemon game?

Cynder
24th April 2011, 07:34 AM
So, has anybody else heard about the new pokemon game being developed? It said in Coro-Coro that they'd be releasing the first snippets of info about it in the next issue, so what do you think it would be? It also said that a Wii and a 3DS game are in production and we currently have no information at all about it. Persanally, I really want another colloseum/ XD for the Wii, they were my favourite spin-off games of the series. Or of course the obvious Ruby and Saphire remakes, which I really wanna see. Anbody got any other suggestions on what it could be?

nsmbwii
24th April 2011, 08:23 AM
It likely will be another Colloseum/Revolution for the Wii. It was released a couple months after Diamond/Pearl so that's my guess. Battle Revolution was fun, but short, so a larger setup of colloseums could be set up. Plus, Triple Battles in 3-D equals win.

It probably could be another Mystery Dungeon game, which I find strangely fun. If so, I'm hoping it doesn't have those atrocious Pokemon Ranch freaks like Pokemon Rumble and that japanese Mystery Dungeon game for Wiiware did.

DarkestLight
24th April 2011, 09:34 AM
Actually, I kinda hope they don't use Rotation or Triple battles. I never "beat" Revolution due to the extreme hax it displayed at the last round. (I'm talking the second run through, Mysterio caused me HOURS of frustration. Then again I absolutely hate double battles.)

If its another Colosseum, that would be enjoyable, as I really did enjoy those games-despite their brevity. I would like for it to be released with upgraded processing graphics though-seeing as I do NOT want N64 blockemon again -.-.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
24th April 2011, 10:42 AM
I never got a chance to try Colosseum. I actually have two copies of Pokemon Stadium... as I have two N64's as well...

With 649 Pokemon a some sort of a re-make of Stadium would be cool indeed, but I agree with DarkestLight, the graphics would be an important issue!

Number1ChanseyFan
24th April 2011, 10:52 AM
Cool!! I hope t hat they do make another game along the lines of Colosseum/XD, I enjoyed those games and always though that they were pretty underrated.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
24th April 2011, 01:35 PM
I would enjoy a new Colosseum game being released. But if they continue to recycle the old Pokémon models from the N64 era I'll have them!

Blademaster
24th April 2011, 01:59 PM
Maybe it'll be a full Pokemon game with Gyms and Team whatever and such for the Wii's successor, with lots of innovative new uses for HM's or things like fishing or biking or Game Corner or whatever thanks to motion controls and/or the built-in screens on the controller, complete with Xbox360-level graphics and ways to play online via battling, trading, Contests, musicals, Pokeathlon, and/or double/triple/rotation battles, plus all new features! :D

It'll never happen. ;_;

crown34
24th April 2011, 08:33 PM
I agree with Blade's suggestion, but they should do a game similar to Colosseum for the Wii.

Crazy Elf Boy
25th April 2011, 01:28 AM
I want an Action Adventure 3rd person beat em up centred around the pokemon. Where you play a reckless Cubone with nothing left to lose after his mother was killed by bandits. So he must travel across the land beating people up with his club called Smasher, cause that's all it knows how to do.

Or something like that, maybe a game where all 5 regions are included?

Jeff
25th April 2011, 08:27 AM
Well, we know that games for the Wii and 3DS are in the works.

If this new game is the Wii game, my guess would be the next Stadium/Colosseum/PBR. If it's the 3DS game, it's probably another spinoff.

Chris 2.1
25th April 2011, 11:24 AM
Colo/XD style would be good, but having some form of route travel, and making it a bit more expansive would be cool. In Colo/XD there wasn't much in the way of 'training'. Also, why are sprites so hard to animate!?

Telume
25th April 2011, 07:21 PM
I'm gonna go the Stadium router, PBR pissed me off so bad. BRING BACK STADIUM NINTENDO >:O.

Jeff
26th April 2011, 09:48 AM
http://nintendo3dsblog.com/pokemon-heading-to-the-3ds

Colosseum sequel?

Cynder
26th April 2011, 10:05 AM
Yay! A new colosseum game! I need a 3ds though, so with any luck it won't be released before christmas xD I wish that they weren't recycling the character from XD though.

The Blue Avenger
26th April 2011, 10:23 AM
It looks like this isn't a sequel so much as a remake of XD. One of those screenshots is near-identical to the promo shot we had of XD, where the main character was facing down Zook and his Zangoose.

Jeff
26th April 2011, 10:44 AM
Just realized that it's probably fake. The promo shot is one thing, but there's also the fact that the slide pad in those pictures is blue like in the prototype 3DS models, instead of gray like it is now.

Cynder
26th April 2011, 11:50 AM
The slide pad is grey by the looks of it..?