PDA

View Full Version : IIHF World Championship 2011

Mikachu Yukitatsu
28th April 2011, 09:54 AM
The Offical Page (http://www.iihf.com/channels-11/iihf-world-championship-wc11/homeiihf.html)

So, anyone going to watch this? They'll start tomorrow with Germany vs. Russia and Switzerland vs. France. The host country Slovakia will face Slovenia later in the evening and Team Canada begins their work playing against Belarus.

The USA's first game is on Saturday, on the other hand.

Discuss. Also, I add one extra rule just for myself and my posts. Keep an eye on my posts, I'm not going to mention the name of my country here before someone else does it. Just so that I will be less likely to be pointed to the room full of people who care.

Telume
28th April 2011, 12:23 PM
Favorites would probably be between the US, Canada, and Finland no?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
29th April 2011, 12:51 PM
Also, I add one extra rule just for myself and my posts. Keep an eye on my posts, I'm not going to mention the name of my country here before someone else does it. Just so that I will be less likely to be pointed to the room full of people who care.

I'm changing that, I'm not going to mention the name of my country here before it's done 10 times. So 9 times left! :D

Also, I was going to go for Mother Russia but now my eastern neighbour got beaten by Germany! I have to admit I have forgotten how enjoyable a nice game of Ice Hockey can be, although the beginning of the match was tampering from both sides. The Germans finally scored two goals and showed some good skills while Russia's Afinogenov, Kovalchuk from New Jersey Devils and others didn't really get to shine.

Now I can't see Canada vs. Belarus live, hopefully someone can fill me in. We will be watching Slovakia vs. Slovenia.

Deadwood_Zen
29th April 2011, 02:45 PM
USA won't win. Not that I want them to lose- I'm just saying they tend to be outclassed a bit. Then again, I'm not following hockey this year...

Mikachu Yukitatsu
30th April 2011, 10:00 AM
Well I guess the USA's performance could improve from last year at least. They were the 13th, so let's hope.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
30th April 2011, 12:20 PM
And you just beat Austria, congrats.

Denmark lost too, but the loss had been even more humiliating if this had qualified:

mDXQs-0sEqc

Was that a goal?