PDA

View Full Version : Another Year Gone By...

Deadwood_Zen
29th April 2011, 01:39 AM
Anyone here remember their Sweet 16? Any plans for those who haven't done that yet?

Magmar
29th April 2011, 08:13 AM
Quebec caught fire, and northwest winds brought all the smoke down here into the sky for my 16th birthday. I planned a pool party and it was supposed to be 90 degrees. Instead it was 60 and you couldn't see the sky or the sun through all the smoke. It was surreal. Ruined my birthday, fuckin canada

Oslo
29th April 2011, 08:20 AM
Sorry about that. :s:

I went to the movies with my friends. Um, I believe we saw The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Believe me, it was as much of an absolute riot as it sounds.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
29th April 2011, 12:00 PM
19th of June 2001? I had just finished peruskoulu, roughly translated as Comprehensive school, with superb grades, 5 x 10/10. I lived in Haapavesi and dreamt of living in Japan and having a Japanese girlfriend. Pokemon was also a big thing, and other than that, I played Tekken 3 the whole summer. As Ling Xiaoyu of course.

For my birthday, I was wearing the same blue kimono-styled outfit as I had when I gratuated from peruskoulu and also, ironically enough, on the 11th of Sep the same year. (it was for the school photos that were taken on that fateful day)

Later on the same year I joined TPM.

Blademaster
29th April 2011, 02:52 PM
That was 7 years ago. I was still being homeschooled, and it was summer anyway. I can't remember anything that far back. I was probably asleep.

Magmar
29th April 2011, 05:56 PM
Blademaster, you were homeschooled? Please tell me your family didn't use that appalling A Beka Book curriculum D:

Mika, I didn't know you're older than me! My 16th birthday fell in July of 2002. Better yet, my 21st birthday kind of fell on 7/7/7... technically 7/5/7, but that was a Thursday. I was sick for both my 18th and 21st birthdays >_< once with mastoiditis, my 21st with a double sinus infection/ear infection/upper respiratory infection that was so bad, I had vertigo and could barely open my eyes. I don't have much luck with birthdays. This year I'm turning 25 (!!!!!!!!) and we'll see how healthy I am this time around. Given that I usually NEVER get sick in the summer, it kind of sucks.

On that note, I have a nasty cold right now, and going into my last week of college ever. I'm not bitter about any of this, but I wish I had more exciting birthdays to talk about.

DarkestLight
29th April 2011, 06:17 PM
16? Shit?

That was over a decade ago. Wtf did I do? Not a damn thing, that would put me in almost completing Junior year of H.S. Prolly just bought some game. What games were awesome at that time...3/27/1998?

Holy shit that was 6 months before Pokemon RED IN THE US? WTF was I playing? Panzer Drag.....

THAT wasn't even out yet. Jeezus Deadwood, you got a good question here. Ok well that means I was rocking a Sega Saturn...Sonic R? Yeah that's plausible. Prolly also rocking Grandia, Fighters Megamix and that Sailor Moon fighting game. In fact..I think that's what I got for my B-day, the damn converter for the Saturn so I could play it :O.

Whoa. 6 months from then I would dig my Gameboy out of storage and embark on the craziest period of my video game life yet....

Jeff
29th April 2011, 06:27 PM
For my 16th, I was undecided on a present. There was a game that I really wanted, but it wasn't coming out until October and my birthday's in August. I ended up deciding to wait nearly two months for the game to come out so I could get it as a late birthday present. What game was it? Pokémon Silver Version.

ChobiChibi
29th April 2011, 06:53 PM
I don't think I did anything on my 16th... Then again, turning 16 in the UK isn't such a big thing. OH my friends got me a balloon in the shape of a caterpillar and we named it "Willie" and people wrote on it. I kept it til it shriveled down into nothingness. That's literally all I can remember from it.

Ahaha, Magmar, I was sick on my 18th and 21st birthdays too! Sucks!

Blademaster
29th April 2011, 09:37 PM
Blademaster, you were homeschooled? Please tell me your family didn't use that appalling A Beka Book curriculum D:

Not to my knowledge...? I was enlisted in some school in California that sent me the books at the start of the year, with a syllabus, and I was instructed to mail them everything. I taught myself everything, except math, which my mother was required to help me with.

My mother hates math, so as a result, I pretty much never learned high school math beyond 4x = 8. Sucks, man. :(

Oslo
29th April 2011, 09:49 PM
My mother hates math, so as a result, I pretty much never learned high school math beyond 4x = 8. Sucks, man. :(

So you mean you don't know about quadratics and vectors and quintics and all that other absolutely 100% practical crap? :o How do you even manage to brush your teeth in the morning?

I stopped taking math in any capacity as soon as my high school allowed it. My life has since been a brighter, shinier place.

Deadwood_Zen
29th April 2011, 10:04 PM
Everything past Geometry isn't required for life skills. Unless you want to be a mathematician or engineer, you don't need it. I'm thinking of taking Business Math And Statistics over the next two years instead of Pre-Cal and Calculus. Only problem is, I need both Pre-Cal and Calculus for college. Might not be able to go, though. Confuzzled on what to do... "Fuck this shit" doesn't work with the counselors, either.

abunaidesu
29th April 2011, 10:26 PM
sixteen is an overrated age

you cannot party or legally drink

zzzzzzz

Blademaster
30th April 2011, 12:03 AM
So you mean you don't know about quadratics and vectors and quintics and all that other absolutely 100% practical crap? :o How do you even manage to brush your teeth in the morning?

...I don't.

:cry:

Deadwood_Zen
30th April 2011, 01:58 AM
sixteen is an overrated age

you cannot party or legally drink

zzzzzzz
(Insert four-lettered vulgarity here) legality.

Katie
30th April 2011, 11:03 PM
I was in nebraska. I wanted a car. got a camera. lame.

crown34
30th April 2011, 11:20 PM
(Insert four-lettered vulgarity here) legality.

If that is the case wanna go punch a hooker or two?

Telume
30th April 2011, 11:53 PM
My 16th? About as uneventful as the other 6 birthdays since then.

Deadwood_Zen
1st May 2011, 02:42 AM
If that is the case wanna go punch a hooker or two?
Down here in Nevada they're respectable, hard-working women. We respected whores! xP

shazza
1st May 2011, 08:13 AM
On my 16th birthday three things happened within the space of 24 hours: illegal pay TV got cut off, the television died, and then the computer died. :(

Magmar
1st May 2011, 12:06 PM
I'm thinking of taking Business Math And Statistics over the next two years instead of Pre-Cal and Calculus. Only problem is, I need both Pre-Cal and Calculus for college.

Statistics is a really good course to have if you're going into nursing, psychology, business, sciences or sociology. Not too many other things really require it. I took up to Algebra 2 in high school and that got me into a couple good schools still. Most colleges have a liberal arts math course or two that you can take to fill up your required math so if you don't plan on pursuing math, you won't have to take a difficult math class.

At my school I had to take two semesters of business analysis and two semesters of statistics, a year of accounting, a year of economics, and a semester of finance. So sooner or later you're going to be taking math anyway if you go that route.

papabopp
2nd May 2011, 07:42 PM
my 16th (just this last Feb.) was pretty ok just a bunch of friends and I at my girlfriends she somehow got drunk of two shots of tequila...I myself had one shot. her parents and her cousin got pretty smashed. I didnt get a whole lot which was expected, the money that I got I saved for white version. Oh but I got new wheels for my board which I desperately needed! (not that I used them till like 2 weeks ago...)
Im currently a Junior in h.s. but should be attending a junior college next year because I took a state assessment exam thing that lets me out of school. I'd be there now with two of my besties but my mom had a freakout last year and wouldnt let me....
I hate math...