PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Movie 5 WORLD PREMIERE

Pokejello
28th April 2003, 06:37 AM
Pokemon Movie 5: Pokemon Heroes Latias and Latios will be at the Tribeca Film Festival, and this means a WORLD PREMIERE of the movie in English.

It will be shown on Sunday May 4th at 12:15 pm and Sunday May 11th at 1:00 pm, so that's pretty cool.

This is what Tribeca writes about the 5th Movie:
The latest installment of the Japanese animation
phenomenon sends Ash and Pikachu off to Altomare, a
beautiful and mysterious city on water, where they find the treasured Soul Dew. Two new Pokémon, Latias
and Latios, are the protectors of the Soul Dew, and
they join with Ash and Pikachu to keep it safe from Annie and Oakley.
But when a flood threatens Altomare’s very existence, who will come to the rescue?
A Miramax Films release.

You can check out the Movie list at Tribeca here: http://www.tribecafilmfestival.com/2003/filmguide/bytitle.php?Range=NR&Category=ALL&Venue=ALL&Day=03&Month=05&Year=2003&Genre=ALL&FestProgram=

UmbreonCurse
28th April 2003, 09:07 AM
O_O I don't know if my luck is good for once, or if some celectial god-ly force up there likes me, but this is...PERFECT TIMING! I happen tom be goin' to that festival for my birthday (well...it's a day before my b-day..) and this was just the thing I've been waitin' to see! PRAISE THE POKE-GODS! *does a happy lil' jig*

Hanada Tattsu
28th April 2003, 09:08 AM
Thanks, Pokejello!

That's interesting, I guess Miramax is trying to advertise this more then they did for the fourth movie. If it's gonna be seen at the Tribeca Film Festival, then I think they're finally listening to our complaints and making more of a bash about it than they have previously.

Light_Togetic
28th April 2003, 10:24 AM
Oh yes, I think I read that somewhere on Pokemon.com yesterday. This is a good sign. Now if only they put out some *gasp* commercials for it a week or two before it comes out. Maybe then they'll make some money! It's time they started treating these movies as real movies.:yes:

If only it wasn't a limited release...

Hanada Tattsu
28th April 2003, 04:44 PM
Umbreon, that's freaky. O_O;;

Seriously though, you're gonna see the film before everybody, so you can tell us how the dub went once you see it.

Toon Dragon
3rd May 2003, 05:17 PM
The fifth movie trailer's with the Lizzie McGuire Movie. At least they're putting it on the big screen.
I couldn't find the 3rd or 4th ones with any movie, just saw on the interent.

Legends-Kuja
3rd May 2003, 06:20 PM
This is looking good.

I JUST MIGHT SEE IT IN ENGLISH! YIPEE!!!

Go, Annie and Oakley!

Hanada Tattsu
3rd May 2003, 08:39 PM
I remember seeing the third movie's trailer on the big screen when it was first released, as I did for the first movie and the second movie.

As for the fourth movie, I guess nobody saw the trailer for it on the big screen, as far as I know the fifth film is much better in terms of Miramax's advertising.

Nikku-San
5th May 2003, 12:59 AM
Wow Umbreon, I'm really happy for you! ^^

Hehe, Annie and Oakley, me likes.

Hanada Tattsu
5th May 2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Nikku-San
Wow Umbreon, I'm really happy for you! ^^

Hehe, Annie and Oakley, me likes.

Annie and Oakley, they could do better, but it is much better than some dub names they've came up with on the show.

I just wish they would stop with the stupid outlaw puns.

Nikku-San
5th May 2003, 10:20 PM
Hehe, I'm sort of a fan of the outlaw puns. Normally I hate pun names (Snap, Tracey) but the ones assigned to Team Rocket have more of a background behind them, unlike a pun on the trainer's profession.

Legends-Kuja
6th May 2003, 04:27 PM
Yo UMBY! Did ya see it yet? Did ya see it yet? Did ya like it?

I root for the characters, not their names...

MAN, I wish it's come out near me...

Hanada Tattsu
6th May 2003, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I also want to hear Annie's and Oakley's dub voices. For some reason I wanna see Oakley or Annie with Cassidy's dub voice, I really adore Cassidy's dub voice. Sorry thing I can't say the same about Butch's dubbed voice. *cough*chainsmoker*cough*

Light_Togetic
7th May 2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
I can't say the same about Butch's dubbed voice. *cough*chainsmoker*cough*

Heehee.. my mom can't STAND Butch's voice. Every time she hears it she has to comment (wherever in the house she is), "Oh great.. another Butch and Cassidy episode..."

I hope the limited release ends up coming to my town again! *Dodges objects thrown at her by those who never got to see Pokemon 4Ever in their towns* But I'll probably have to wait until they switch theaters like they did with 4Ever.

UmbreonCurse
7th May 2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Legends-Kuja
Yo UMBY! Did ya see it yet? Did ya see it yet? Did ya like it?

I root for the characters, not their names...

MAN, I wish it's come out near me...
*disapointed sigh* nope.....I missed it cuz my ma made my go clothes shopp ing, and we couldn't get there intime to see it...well...I guess COULD have seen the end of it..I only would've missed the first hour or so..but I have this thing where if I can't see the whole thing from begining to end, then I don't see it at all. Curse my perfectionism >___<

Hanada Tattsu
7th May 2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by UmbreonCurse
*disapointed sigh* nope.....I missed it cuz my ma made my go clothes shopp ing, and we couldn't get there intime to see it...well...I guess COULD have seen the end of it..I only would've missed the first hour or so..but I have this thing where if I can't see the whole thing from begining to end, then I don't see it at all. Curse my perfectionism >___<

That sucks. >_<

All for the sake of clothes.

Heh, I have the same thing. I have this pet peeve in which I have to read the credits of a film.