PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

Becky
8th May 2011, 08:53 PM
Hi, everyone! My name is Becky. I've been hearing a lot of wonderful things about TPM for the past couple of years from my fiance (mr_pikachu), and thought I'd join this community. I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

As for me, I'm a PhD student at Purdue University. Presently, I'm completing my prelim exams, and will hopefully be ABD by the end of this month. I'm also an artist and love to paint when I can.

I teach undergraduate classes at Purdue and love that my 'job' is getting to do research in my areas of interest.

I'm actually not entirely too familiar with Pokemon, but I am reading the comic books Brian loaned me now. I just finished the first volume and it was adorable!

Well, that's it for now. :)

Knight of Time
8th May 2011, 09:01 PM
Well, this is a surprise.

Any friend of a TPMer I know well is certainly welcome here.

So how's he been doing? Have to say, it's been a while since I last talked to Brian, he and I used to be really good friends on here.

Hope you enjoy your stay here, maybe pick up on a couple of his interests on here (like the GGG forum, especially Pokemon Hangman where I used to be one of the co-workers with him).

Jeff
8th May 2011, 09:37 PM
Wow, this is unexpected. It's been a forever and a half since we've heard from him, so it's always nice to hear from someone close to him.

He's been a huge help in getting our main site going. He started the project, and alot of the early work was the result of threads and late-night AIM conversations between me and him.

Anyway, welcome!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
8th May 2011, 11:11 PM
mr_pikachu's girlfriend!?!! Woot!

Welcome to TPM!

We all are intrerested how your fiance is doing, and perhaps also if he's coming back to TPM one day.

Shadow Wolf
9th May 2011, 11:38 AM
Oh hi Becky! Welcome to TPM forums. Its nice to have new people. There's some drama and action here, but we're like a family, so you'll get use to it in no time. Be sure to drop by the games forums. :)

Apart from that.... wait... WHAT!? Brian's GF! *shockingly surprised*

How he's been? Wow, that's a name I'm glad to hear from again! *extremely happy*

Tell him that many people miss him around here, and that Louis says "HI! Should I ride a Rhyhorn to bring you back here?"

Side Note: Kyle, I hope we can compete in hangman again *fighting spirit mode enabled*

Becky
9th May 2011, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to participating in the various forums here. :D

Brian's doing well, just stressed out a lot. He finally finished his MA thesis this year (actually, about...two, or three weeks ago?) and his first year of PhD coursework.

I'll pass all the messages on to him as well. ;)

papabopp
9th May 2011, 07:50 PM
hola

classy_cat18
9th May 2011, 08:31 PM
So he's about to...get married?

I'm glad to know he's doing well! Welcome to the site! Your fiancee was my biggest critic, so please take some time to read some of my work in Fanfiction!

Telume
10th May 2011, 12:25 PM
Hey, any friend of mr_pikachu's is a friend of TPM, no?

Welcome to TPM!

Let us know when he's about to so we can have a bachelor's party here. :O

Jeff
10th May 2011, 03:02 PM
There's going to be a mrs_pikachu!

classy_cat18
10th May 2011, 03:05 PM
*shoots him* WE DON'T NEED TWO GRAMMAR NAZIS!

Knight of Time
10th May 2011, 03:09 PM
If Becky changes her username to mrs_pikachu after she and Brian are married, I have a funny feeling that's going to floor a lot of people here.

Blademaster
10th May 2011, 04:35 PM
inb4pichu

Shadow Wolf
10th May 2011, 06:19 PM
Jeff and Shonta: That's so going to my sig, jajajajajajajajajaja

Anyway, as you can see Becky, there's a lot of fun and drama around the forums. I can say that TPM keeps my imagination running...

...or something like that.

BTW, I see you like art so Fanart is a nice place to explore and you can also drop by Fanfic to see some epic fanfics and poems (Brian made some cool ones. BTW, ask him if he plans to progress with WotF [War of the Forums])

Becky
17th May 2011, 05:16 PM
Shadow Wolf, I asked and Brian says he plans to continue with War of the Forums- he says he has a lot of it written, but that it isn't on 'paper.' (His words). :)

Blademaster
17th May 2011, 08:46 PM
Of course not, it's in text form.

Tricky bastard, he isn't gonna hornswaggle ME! :D

Knight of Time
6th June 2011, 07:42 AM
Shadow Wolf: There is the possibility I will return to Pokemon Hangman...I managed to put all the pieces together after the major computer crash (or whatever it was; I cannot remember 100%), finding my old plushie page that I once thought I had deleted, so my plushie collection wasn't lost after all. So yeah, I happen to have over 200 plushies (more than Rambunctious Jamirus, who I noticed on her plushie page, has 184), but right now, it's hard to imagine the game getting some new life, especially with mr_pikachu not here at the moment.

Becky, could you possibly ask him if he will have time for a return to Pokemon Hangman someday, please?

Magmar
6th June 2011, 07:53 AM
Hi, Becky! Welcome to TPM. I'm nearly 100% positive I replied to this thread. In fact, lately I've been finding that I don't think my posts are staying in threads o_O;; is someone screwing with me?

Anyways I'm also a grad student who posts on a pokemon forum so we should start a club :}

Shadow Wolf
7th June 2011, 10:06 AM
Becky: Thanks! Tell him that we'll be waiting for it.