PDA

View Full Version : A challenge to any first timer! (Like me)

Mysterious Druid
28th April 2003, 07:16 AM
This is a challange for any first timer, this is my first battle so I was looking for someone to battle who is the same level as me and will also give me the chance to get the hang of this!
Hope to have a challenge soon!

:wave:

This battle will be a 1-1

Arena- A large clearing in the middle of the New Forest (Britan)

I choose first you atack first

Battle length- 2 days

We need a ref if any ones interested......

Razola
28th April 2003, 07:19 AM
What do you mean by battle length? Do you mean the same as DQ?

Mysterious Druid
29th April 2003, 02:54 AM
yes, I think so, I'm not sure what a DQ is.

Razola
29th April 2003, 03:03 AM
If a player does not post in X days, they are disqualified.

It's just called DQ for short.

Mysterious Druid
29th April 2003, 05:41 AM
Will you battle with me or ref the match?

crazybone
29th April 2003, 06:36 AM
I'm rather new at ASB, so can I battle? =D

Razola
29th April 2003, 06:46 AM
I guess i can ref.

Mysterious Druid
29th April 2003, 07:01 AM
Ok then Raz can ref and I will except the challenge from crazybone!

Ok then lets get happening I choose you EEVEE!

Eevee: "Cool! I finally get to go into a battle"

Me: "Hold your horses we have to wait for our opponent to sed out their Pokemon and attack us first!"

crazybone
29th April 2003, 07:24 PM
I choose Funnerlax! [Snorlax] [Male]

Funnerlax: rawr. rawr. tweet.

Funnerlax, start by creating a strong Substitute. After doing so, spit a Toxic at Eevee, and finish by Body Slamming it.

Substitute/Toxic/Body Slam

Mysterious Druid
30th April 2003, 02:59 AM
Ok Eevee (Male, sorry for not stating sooner) you will have to use dig on that snorlax to get rid of that substitute, then double team to avoid the toxic attack, as for the bodyslam, use agility to dodge it, speed is of the essence in this one!

Razola
3rd May 2003, 12:15 PM
A few notes for future reference:

-Dig does no damage on its own
-Pokemon who cannot learn dig take 2 actions to use it (one to dig, one to dig out of the ground)

Please check my reffing site (check out my sig) to see how I ref certain moves.

PRE-ROUND

Eevangelion 100% | Perfect Condition

Funnerlax 100% | Perfect Condition

Dig~Double Team~Agility
Substitute (Large)~Toxic~Body Slam
ROUND ONE

The two pokeballs pop out and reveal their contents. One ball reveals a petite little eevee, while the other pokeball reveals...oh my gosh, this is a surprise. The pokeball reveals no one other than reknowned author and film maker Micheal Moore!

Oh wait...it's just a snorlax.

Eevangelion decides to go underground. Digging in the soft earth with its paws, the eevee burrows into the ground.

While this goes on, Funnerlax hangs out. He looks at a butterfly and then proceeds to scratch his butt. Then he sniffs his finger. Right…

Eevee continues to dig. Go ahead and play the Mission Impossible theme music. Dun dut dut dun duunnn. Doo doo dooooo. Doo doo doooooo. Doo doot. It’s little eevee digging through the dirt with them Sam Fisher-style night goggles on.

Funnerlax has decided that he wants to fight. Lifting his large mass, he puts his hand in the abundant tub of goo that is his belly and grabs a large chunk of it. Like the Marshmellow Man at a pottery class, Funnerlax shapes a perfect clone of himself. A bit unstable, but not that bad.

Sadly, Funnerlax has no one to fight…so he sits down and whips out the cheez balls.

Eevangelion suddenly pops up from the ground to…create two fake images of himself.

Funnerlax is sadden by the fact he has to fight. He puts up the cheez balls and begins to deeply inhale…only its in an odd manner…suddenly a purple spray of snot is shot from Funnerlax’s nostril, only to hit a phony image created by Eevangelion.

In his anger, the pudgy behemoth rushes towards the little fox pokemon, again hitting nothing but air as the fake Eevangelion image fades as he runs through it.

Poor Funnerlax…how he hates to move.

end Round One.
STATS FOR ROUND ONE

Pokemon

Eevangelion 100% Low-Moderate Fatigue Feeling lucky.

Funnerlax 81% Substitute: 22% Little Fatigue Annoyed.

Other Stuff

There are two small holes in the field.

Mysterious Druid
6th May 2003, 06:44 AM
LOL, Ok, that was a great ref raz, it was really funny,I hope you continue the match like that.

I'm not totally sure what happens next, do I post my attacks next or does crazybone?:confused:

Anyway If I'm next attacks shall be:

Double team
Toxic
Take Down

Eevee, try and give a stronger than usual Take Down to get rid of that substatute!

Eevee: Right on! That gross blob couldn't hit me if I was tied to it's but!

crazybone
6th May 2003, 07:02 AM
We alternate. I attacked first in Round 1, so in Round 2 (The Current Round), you attack first. On Round 3, I'll attack first, and on Round 4, you'll attack first, etc.

Mysterious Druid
6th May 2003, 09:06 AM
Ok, thats what I thought, I've already posted my attacks.

crazybone
6th May 2003, 07:46 PM
Yeah, but I had school in 5 minutes. Couldn't really attack this morning. :--> lolo Well, I'll attack now.

Funnerlax, start by discharging an Ice Beam at Eevee. However, if you are not within close range to Eevee, then walk as close to Eevee as possible.

Then, use Earthquake to shatter his pitiful collection of clones.

Lastly, as Eevee most likely bounces of your substitute, show him how to really drop a Pokemon dead wih a Body Slam.

Ice Beam~Walk Near Eevee/Earthquake/Body Slam

crazybone
17th May 2003, 05:07 PM
Yo Druid. Wanna get another ref? Raz is getting quite inactive...

Mysterious Druid
19th May 2003, 02:56 AM
Sure, but I'll giv Raz one more day. He did PM me once saying he was run down with exams etc. Anyone who want's to take over from Raz tomorow can. No offernce Raz

Razola
19th May 2003, 11:17 AM
I'm sad to inform that I won't be reffing at all this summer. I am now home from school where I have one phone line and a 56k modem. Since I know share a computer with three other people, my internet time is very limited. I find it too difficult to ref on a consistent basis, so I'll be taking a vacation until I go back to school in Late August.

I reccomend you find a subsititute to take to take over. I'm sorry for the inconvience.

crazybone
19th May 2003, 12:14 PM
The agents have Raz. :o He's doomed. Nooooo!

So Druid, shall I find a new ref, or shall you?

Mysterious Druid
20th May 2003, 04:53 AM
You better as I don't know any god ones. Thanks Raz, maybe next time.

Icy
20th May 2003, 07:07 PM
Round I have no idea… probably two

The d00d with the lax vs. the other d00d
Funnerlax the Snorlax vs. Eevangelion the Eevee!!!

~Pre-Battle Statistics~
Eevangelion: 100%, low-moderate fatigue, feeling lucky
Funnerlax: 81%, Substitute 22%, little fatigue, annoyed

~Battle~

The huge ball of lard with no eyes gets up slowly and yawns as it sees the miniscule Eevee. Eevee tramples the soft grass beneath his paws as he prances around in circles to the Hokey Pokey. Then things get serious, and Eevee concentrates on the stuff around him. It’s all so pretty… he closes his eyes and envisions a couple clones.

Funnerlax sits there looking like a dope until he realizes that he’s annoyed. In his minor annoyance he looks at Eevee who is meditating, and has obviously not been watching his yoga videos very closely, as he is not in the proper pose. To teach Eevee a lesson, Funnerlax gathers icy cold stuff from his body and puts it into his mouth. He can clearly see the meditating Eevee and he sends the beam of ice towards the evil thing.

After envisioning the clones, Eevee makes three more of himself… that’s four for all you math wizards out there. However, he obviously didn’t execute the attack quickly enough, as a huge beam of ice scrapes his shoulder. Eevee is hurt a little, but decides to perform his next task. He whips up some toxins from inside his body and spits a glob of purple liquid towards Funnerlax. The deadly toxins harmlessly slide off of Funnerlax’s giant belly like they were grape jello (;-; why doesn’t it exist? And if it does… I want some).

Funnerlax laughs as he watches Eevee attack the body double. However, he wants to get rid of those pesky clones, so he sits upright once more. After doing this, he falls down on his back, and creates a huge earthquake. The seismic waves spiral out into the forest and towards Eevee and it’s clones. As soon as the ground rumbles underneath Eevangelion’s clones, they disappear into thin air. Eevee struggles to keep his balance, but falls under the earthquake.

Funnerlax, in a much funner-laxier mood than before, gets up. Eevee, enraged, also rises to his feet and runs towards the thing he thinks is a Snorlax. He jumps off his feet high into the air and lands with a thud upon the substitute Funnerlax created, jumbling it up a bit. Funnerlax, seeing this, charges towards Eevee and sits on him, using all his weight to crush the small being. Eevee, although squished, now knows where the evil Funnerlax is. Will Funnerlax be able to escape Eevee? Will Eevee ever be able to look at a Snorlax again? Find out next time on, The battle of uh… stuff!

~Post-Battle Statistics~

Funnerlax: 81%, substitute 11%, minorly fatigued, in a funner-laxier mood
Eevangelion: 73%, aching in places he didn’t know existed, no clones, minorly fatigued

I tried a new method of reffing. Usually my reffings are three pages long in Microsoft Word, and incredibly detailed, and take about a week to do. Now I'm making sure I can get a reffing done quickly and making it a little more free. So yeah.

:o, oh yeah, I'll be your ref for the evening.

Mysterious Druid
21st May 2003, 03:01 AM
Thanks icy, I was beggining to think I'd never finish this Battle.

Icy
21st May 2003, 10:54 AM
Your welcome. The crazy bone over there asked me too over AIM.

crazybone
21st May 2003, 05:25 PM
So is Icy ok with you MD? If so, let the battle continue.

Funnerlax, create a Rain Storm. After doing so, strike Eevee twice with two volleys of Thunder.

[i]Rain Dance/Thunder x 2[/color]

@Myterious Druid~BTW... you can't cause a status affliction to something with a Substitute out. I think. Or that's is how it goes with most refs.

Mysterious Druid
22nd May 2003, 03:10 AM
Sure I don't mind Icy Reffing.

Ok, take out that sustitute with a hyper beam. Then climb the nearest tallest tree, jump onto the lard balls face an Toxic into it's face or eyes. Then use the attack you ineherited from your father and use Shadow ball.

Eevee: Thats pretty complex, but I'll try it.

Moveset this turn: Hyper beam
Toxic
Shadowball

I just hope inherited moves count in Anime Battling or I'm screwed.

Mysterious Druid
23rd May 2003, 07:08 AM
First things first I'd like to rplace shadow ball with a head but to the stomach as I was pretty stupid to use an attack that has no effect on my opponent, but I except it if it's not allowed. Secoundly I woiuld like to declare my absence for three weeks.

Thanx

Icy
23rd May 2003, 06:45 PM
Nope, sorry, if you had realized it earlier then I would've let it slide, but you didn't. :\

Round Three
Mysterious Druid vs. Crazybone
Funnerlax the Snorlax vs. Eevangelion the Eevee

~Pre-Battle Statistics~
Funnerlax: 81%, substitute 11%, minorly fatigued, in a funner-laxier mood
Eevangelion: 73%, aching in places he didn’t know existed, no clones, minorly fatigued

~Battle~

Eevee starts his most powerful attack, one that will drain a lot of energy and take a lot of time, but is necessary if Eevee would like to stay in the game. He closes his eyes for a brief second to collect himself and take focus on the powerhouse technique. Taking a deep breath, Eevangelion starts gathering energy from the environment to fuel his devastating attack.

Funnerlax sees the puny dog-like creature charge up for a malicious blow and smirks. He knows the blast won’t affect him and slowly ambles out of the way of his body double. He starts moving his arms around a little, and does what could be considered a dance. As the large blubbery creature sways his arms back and forth dark, ominous clouds come and block the sun. Rain bursts out of the clouds and pours down upon the earth. The hard dirt slowly transforms to soft, unstable mud.

Feeling the light rain on his back, Eevangelion concentrates even harder on his next attack. Eevee, finally finished gathering the energy, launches the beam towards Funnerlax’s body double. The body double crumbles under the harsh energy beam. Eevee, however is wiped out, and takes a small breather. Funnerlax takes advantage of the three second break and unleashes a mighty bolt of lightning, as a devastating Thunder attack crashes down upon the helpless Eevee. Eevangelion looked slightly paralyzed as the great jolt of electricity shocked his body, even further powered by the water that coated his fur.

Eevee gathers up toxins once more from his stomach and spits them onto the real Snorlax. The toxins sunk in very little on Snorlax before being quickly washed away by the downpour of rain. Snorlax winced in pain as the small amounts of poison sunk into his blood.

Funnerlax once again called upon electricity to aide his attack, as he sent another bolt of lightning flying through the air, hitting Eevee. Again, Eevee stopped slightly because of slight paralysis. Eevee then lowered his head and charged at Funnerlax at full speed, doing minimal amounts of damage.

~Post-Battle Statistics~
Funnerlax: 76%, minorly fatigued, slightly poisoned
Eevangelion: 39%, slightly paralyzed, moderate-high fatigued, cold

EDIT: if both battlers agree, then okay. *goes to edit*

crazybone
23rd May 2003, 09:31 PM
Actually Icy, let Mysterious Druid have the alterations done, if possible, please.

So if you can Icy, please edit your reffing so that Headbutt replaces Shadow Ball, please and thank you.

^_^

Icy
25th May 2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by crazybone
Actually Icy, let Mysterious Druid have the alterations done, if possible, please.

So if you can Icy, please edit your reffing so that Headbutt replaces Shadow Ball, please and thank you.

^_^

since editing doesn't update the post, I'm here to say that I did edit the post. Thank you and goodbye.

Mysterious Druid
11th June 2003, 07:44 AM
Ok I'm back le the battle commence! (Again)

Icy
15th June 2003, 06:32 PM
Mysterious Druid. DQ time is up (it was set for two days, you came back on the 10th, it's now the 15th [my time]).

Crazybone, do you wish to DQ Mysterious Druid? *if you've posted in the Absence Tower, sorry, I didn't look at it yet*

Mysterious Druid
17th June 2003, 06:18 AM
I thought it was crazybones turn to attack? Oh well your'e ref, I was waiting for crazybone though!

Icy
17th June 2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Mysterious Druid
I thought it was crazybones turn to attack? Oh well your'e ref, I was waiting for crazybone though!

No, it is your turn to attack. You can say you thought it was crazybone's turn to attack, but I know you know that attacks alternate every round (as you followed that rule for three rounds AND you even asked a question about it). It is up to crazybone to decide if you're disqualified. However, you should be, indeed, disqualified.

crazybone
18th June 2003, 06:11 PM
It's the last day of school, and I feel sad for some reason... ;_; I miss my teachers already .-.

Bah. That and I cried during Armegeddon when Harry gets left behind in order to sacrifice himself and my french teacher caught me and she was laughing at me ._.

I want to go back to school ;_;

Anyhoo, let the battle continue. I have no intentions of DQing Mysterious Druid.

It's your turn to attack.

Icy
18th June 2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by crazybone
It's the last day of school, and I feel sad for some reason... ;_; I miss my teachers already .-.

Bah. That and I cried during Armegeddon when Harry gets left behind in order to sacrifice himself and my french teacher caught me and she was laughing at me ._.

I want to go back to school ;_;

Anyhoo, let the battle continue. I have no intentions of DQing Mysterious Druid.

It's your turn to attack.

Aww... how sad.

And, due to crazybone's kindness... the battle lives on! Mysterioud Druid, you have a chance to attack and redeem yourself.

Mysterious Druid
19th June 2003, 03:21 AM
Hey1 It was an hounest mistake for which I apologise, sorry ref, I was trying to explain myself not start an argument. I also apologise to crazy bone.

Ok Eevee, take out that Snorlax with hyperbeam, followed by a double team and bite.

hyperbeam
double team
bite

crazybone
19th June 2003, 04:09 PM
Funnerlax, start off by Reflecting off what you can from the Hyper Beam. Then, curl yourself into a ball, and while Eevee is Double Teaming, it should be enough time to provide you with a built mometum for you to use Rollout. Let's see that Eevee try to Bite 500 pounds of rolling blubber. Heh.

Reflect/Rolloutx2

Icy
19th June 2003, 06:44 PM
A fairly quick reffing...

Round Four
crazybone vs. Mysterious Druid

Funnerlax: Reflect, Rollout, Rollout
Eevangelion: Hyper Beam, Double Team, Bite

~Pre-Battle Statistics~
Funnerlax: 76%, minorly fatigued, slightly poisoned
Eevangelion: 39%, slightly paralyzed, moderate-high fatigued, cold

~Battle~

Eevangelion started to charge up for yet another high fatigue consuming, powerful beam of energy. Funnerlax sees this attack come into play once more, and quickly sets up a defensive field against it. Quickly Funnerlax focused on the defensive maneuver ahead of him, trying to put up an invisible, yet perfectly solid shield, that would, with luck, send the beam flying back at Eevangelion, unguarded. Funnerlax focused as a shield of energy was being manifested before his body, slowly solidifying into reality, coming from a very unreal place. The energetic, perfectly mobile shield that Funnerlax held in place with his mind was finally up.

Eevangelion was almost fully charged, he was starting to glow a very faint white color. He let loose the beam of glowing white energy, as the force of it pushed his small dog-like body back a little. The energy beam hit the energy shield, and immediately reflected backwards. However, the shield wasn't perfectly tilted, and the beam plummeted into the ground, in the middle of both battlers. Small clumps of dirt rained down upon the two competitors, and both were slightly shocked from the blast. Eevangelion, recovering a little more quickly than Snorlax because he is much lighter and quicker on his feet, created a slew of clones as soon as possible.

The doubles confused Snorlax slightly as he realized that there were five Eevee's fluttering around the field. So Snorlax decided to continue with his orders and curled up into a ball, then moved slightly down and started gaining speed. He spun rapidly towards the Eevee clones, taking one out as he barely grazed by it. He came back once more, charging at full speed as all the Eevee's gathered closer to him, each trying to take a bite out of him. The real Eevee bit Funnerlax slightly, but it didn't hurt that much. Funnerlax was already going quite fast, and just ran the real Eevee over...

~Post Battle Statistics~
Funnerlax: 65%, minorly fatigued, slightly poisoned
Eevangelion: 23%, 3 clones, paralysis worn off, high fatigue[/center]

crazybone
19th June 2003, 06:51 PM
Funnerlax, uncurl yourself and create an Earthquake. Take an action to get near the center of the Eevees if neccesary. This should take out some clones.

Then, Body Slam the critter twice.

Earthquake~Body Slamx2

Mysterious Druid
20th June 2003, 04:36 AM
Ok eevee here are your orders, jump into a tree and then jump as high as you can into the air to avoid the earthquake, then dig and double team.

Mindprobe
20th June 2003, 09:48 AM
There's a incorrect reffing in the round. Rollout is NOT an offensive/damaging move. It makes the user roll on his/her place to gather speed. No, I don't expect you to change it, but I thought that you should just know...

Icy
20th June 2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Mindprobe
There's a incorrect reffing in the round. Rollout is NOT an offensive/damaging move. It makes the user roll on his/her place to gather speed. No, I don't expect you to change it, but I thought that you should just know...

*sighs* I have been reffing for almost two years now, and I have looked at that list for long enough to know what everything is. It's called interpretation. Nothing wrong.

BTW: Your reffing will be up soon

Icy
20th June 2003, 08:25 PM
VERY SHORT REFFING. x.x I gotta go soon.

Round Five
crazybone vs. Mysterious Druid

Funnerlax: Earthquake, Body Slam, Body Slam
Eevangelion: Jump, Dig, Double Team

~Pre-Battle Statistics~
Funnerlax: 65%, minorly fatigued, slightly poisoned
Eevangelion: 23%, 3 clones, paralysis worn off, high fatigue

~Battle~

Funnerlax prepared a fun-relaxaing earthquake! Okay, so maybe not fun nor relaxing, but prepared for a devastating ground attack. Eevee, seeing this coming, tried desperately to jump up into the air and escape the malicious attack. However, with his small feet, it was very hard to, so he improvised, knowing he would not be able to reach the tall tree branches by the time Snorlax's attack was ready. Eevangelion scurried quickly up a tree, using its light weight and nimble feet to help him. As Funnerlax pounded the ground with his two hands, he leapt into the air, and avoided the brunt of the attack. Eevee, however, was not airborne long enough to miss the whole attack, and was slightly hurt from the last rumbles of the ground.

Eevee dug underground and stayed there. Funnerlax, knowing he couldnt' follow into the hole, decided to stay away and rest, regaining energy. Using it's small paws, Eevee was able to get in deep enough to cover himself up, although trying to get clones out was next to useless.

~Post-Battle Statistics~

~Post Battle Statistics~
Funnerlax: 62%, trivial fatigue,
Eevangelion: 20%, 0 clones, paralysis worn off, underground, moderate fatigue

:\ Unless you specify, dig only digs you underground when I ref :o sorry.

crazybone
20th June 2003, 08:36 PM

Just like to let you know... try to watch the anime k'. Whitney's Miltank used Rollout and practically killed Pikachu.

Mysterious Druid
24th June 2003, 05:21 AM
Ok I don't think I can win this fight, it's been a good fight though. I here by fold to crazybones superiority. Thanks Icy for steppping in the breach and saving the fight and thanks Raz forreffing at the start

Mindprobe
24th June 2003, 05:27 AM
Rollout: The user curls into a ball and begins to roll quicker and quicker. Each turn spent charging Rollout increases its effects proportionally (up to a limit set by the referee, of course), and unless interrupted the momentum of the user allows it to impressively increase the damage of attacks that can be boosted by momentum (e.g. Tackle, etc.). Additionally, it is much harder to injure the user when Rollout is operating due to its increased speed and the centrifugal force throwing back many attacks. However, if the user can be caused to lose traction or concentration either by accident or due to an opponent’s attack, the user will likely come to a crashing halt. Naturally, Rollout requires total freedom of movement to use, and if a status effect such as paralysis, numbness, or sleep (among others) manages to break through the centrifugal force or is applied before Rollout starts, Rollout will fail immediately. Good accuracy.

Just to let you know...try watching the ASB attack list crazybone...k'? It shows the way, how to ref. And anime is anime, this ASB. I have found that somethings are quite different here than in anime.

dragon684
24th June 2003, 06:11 AM
Just to let you know...try watching the ASB attack list crazybone...k'? It shows the way, how to ref. And anime is anime, this ASB. I have found that somethings are quite different here than in anime.
ASB stands for ANIME STYLE battle. So the battles goes into anime style. and since we have seen miltank using roll out the way icy reffed it I have to agree with him. Their have been numerous debates about certain attacks that were different here then in the anime. So I believe it's the ref choice how to ref those certain attacks.

Mindprobe
24th June 2003, 09:03 AM
Yeah, I agree with Icy too, refs can choose how they ref battles. (Ref's intereption or something like that). Just to let the competitors know too and I mainly posted this for crazybone, to just show that the ASB doesn't interly spin around anime. This is anime battling, but as I said, some of the things are different. Let's cut this now, since we are going off-topic and we are not supposed to post arguments in this kind of topic. Don't want this to turn into a argument-topic.

crazybone
24th June 2003, 05:54 PM
Just to let the competitors know too and I mainly posted this for crazybone, to just show that the ASB doesn't interly spin around anime.

Eh, wasn't your original post saying that rollout is only meant for gaining speed? :^)

You posted to show me asb doesn't revolve around anime basics, and i posted my earlier reponse to show you that the attack list is only a guide line =p and yes, I already do know that asb is not on the foundations of anime =p so we're pretty even, let's just end it at here =p

gg MD perhaps we can battle another time?