PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

mattbcl
16th May 2011, 06:57 PM
Matt here! This is a bit belated, but I just wanted to say hi to everyone here. TPM's gone through a bit of a change since I used to frequent the site... but then again, so have I, so what else can I expect?

Aside from posting my writings and replying to the occasional general inquiry, I tend to be a bit of a lurker. :peek: Nevertheless, I hope I leave behind a good impression with what I say and write. I feel like I should go skim some of the other authored works here... I'm embarrassed to say I didn't properly familiarize myself with the forum before jumping headlong into it and was startled to see it looked almost like there were only 4 or 5 fics here total! Now I know better. :rolleyes:

Also saw the original rendition of my fic in the archives. As much as I'm tempted to ask someone to burn it with fire, it's still good to see it here - I can refer to it for source material. (I've changed computers several times in the interim and a lot of my old writing got lost. Thank God for the Internet!)

Anybody feels like saying hi back, feel free! :cool:

Becky
16th May 2011, 07:07 PM
Hi! I am relatively new myself-- nice to formally meet you! I love the story you posted in fan fiction so far!

Blademaster
16th May 2011, 10:36 PM
Sup nubcakes?

MeLoVeGhOsTs
17th May 2011, 05:52 AM
I've already said hi in your fic-thread, but it's always nice to see new members. Join ASB:D

mattbcl
17th May 2011, 06:20 AM
Haha, oh man, I'm not sure I'm ready for ASB.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
17th May 2011, 08:51 AM
Welcome! It took myself 7 and a half years to get into ASB but I encourage you, that's just me.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
17th May 2011, 08:57 AM
It's actually as easy as breadcrumbs. No worries, though.

Magmar
17th May 2011, 09:52 AM
Hi! Welcome aboard :)

Lady Vulpix
17th May 2011, 11:52 AM
Hi, Matt! Welcome (back) to TPM! What was your old username?

I keep telling myself that I should read your fic, but I have so many things to do and there's so much of it! Would it be OK if I posted comments about old chapters far between? I know I would appreciate it if others did that for me, but some people wouldn't iike to see a post commenting on chapter 1 when the fic has reached chapter 30 or something.

Also, people will try to lure you into ASB. ;) You can post there, of course, but there are other forums which are also worth checking out *cough*AC/CC*cough*.

Telume
17th May 2011, 12:38 PM
Welcome (back?) to TPM.

mattbcl
17th May 2011, 05:23 PM
Hi all who said hi back!

Hi, Matt! Welcome (back) to TPM! What was your old username?

I keep telling myself that I should read your fic, but I have so many things to do and there's so much of it! Would it be OK if I posted comments about old chapters far between? I know I would appreciate it if others did that for me, but some people wouldn't iike to see a post commenting on chapter 1 when the fic has reached chapter 30 or something.

Also, people will try to lure you into ASB. ;) You can post there, of course, but there are other forums which are also worth checking out *cough*AC/CC*cough*.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I ever really had a username, per se, because I don't recall frequenting the forums. I was basically a timid kid hoping to get some encouragement with my writing so I just waited for people to respond to what I'd send in. Back in the day (God, I sound old), I just sent the chapters in to TPM one at a time and it'd be read/rated/reviewed by mods who then posted it themselves. Nowadays it's a lot more DIY.

And yeah, there's a lot to get through. I wouldn't be at all offended if you shared thoughts on a chapter at a time or some such. (Actually that 7-part monstrosity I posted last weekend is the entirety of the revised Chapter 1. There were 40 chapters in the original. Daunting? Oh hell yes. And I'm saying that as the author! So whatever you'd like to say, whenever you've got the time to say it, is cool with me.)

I actually had very little idea what ASB was and felt a bit overwhelmed until I read a couple sample battles to give myself an idea of just what's happening there. Made a lot more sense to me in action than in theory. Being ref looks awfully fun.

I'm sure you'll find my username floating around a lot of threads until I adjust myself to the place... don't be surprised if I pop into a bunch of dead topics. :cool:

MeLoVeGhOsTs
18th May 2011, 02:05 AM
Yeah, you'd be be fuck-tastic ref with your writing skills! Hit up Darkly if you want reffing tips, he's Referee D. Lightful. You get four pokemon for free as your starter team and you start battling. Check out our Safari Zone too, now that's creative writing:D

Ok, I'll shut up now and stop ruining your welcome thread.

Lady Vulpix
18th May 2011, 08:03 AM
OK, thanks, I will do that. And the original 40 chapters are still around (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4867).

mattbcl
18th May 2011, 05:03 PM
Oh god. Dragon_Knight started posting that here in 2003, about 3 years after I started writing it. I have the vaguest recollection of having been asked for permission, which obviously I gave... I feel old.