PDA

View Full Version : May Favorites

Becky
17th May 2011, 08:46 PM
What are your 'favorites' for the month of May? It can be anything- particular foods you're enjoying, books you're reading, something you've bought and are enjoying, graduation, etc. What's been great about May for you?

My May favorites are the following:
* Finally getting to enjoy the sunshine...it's starting to really warm up here, and I love keeping the back porch door open to let some fresh air at home.
* Reading good books. I recently finished a book called 'Matched,' and now I've been reading several other books on my Kindle app. I really enjoy dystopian fiction in particular...and I've also liked reading on fanfiction here!
* I'm a bit of a cosmetics junkie, so I'm loving new spring lipglosses (currently: 'Midnight Cowboy' from Urban Decay and 'Bombshell' lipstick from Mac). If you want to see a picture of what's in my bag, though, you'll see an embarrassing variety.

What are some of your May faves? :)

classy_cat18
17th May 2011, 09:01 PM
My favorites are all the spring anime I've been watching. Ao no Exorcist, Deadman Wonderland, Hanasaku Iroha, Tiger and Bunny, C-...

Cosmetics junkie, huh? Interested in buying Avon? *is a representative*

mattbcl
17th May 2011, 09:09 PM
*More time to hang out with friends. Those friends I have who're in college are out for the summer now, so they'll come over and hang out more often. This means a lot of board games, Dungeons & Dragons, Rock Band, and late night shenanigans (such as shopping for random items at 2 am).

*Bigger paychecks. I work a job that pays commission instead of salary, so what I bring home is entirely dependent on how much work I have to do in a day. I just said hello to my first $1000+ paycheck of the year - unfortunately, I've already had to say goodbye to most of it!

*Planning my vacation. I live in the midwestern U.S. but I'm headed to New England for the 4th of July, and I'm looking forward to skipping town for a while. I need the mental health days... I just got done training a newbie and I haven't had a day off for four weeks.

*Getting back into my writing! I've had a bit of a block going on since January, and I haven't even touched the Pokémon genre since long before that. But I made a goal for myself to write 600 pages before this year was out. I have a long way to go but my jones is back and I think Pokémon was just what I needed to get the juices flowing again.

Oslo
17th May 2011, 09:15 PM
I never have time to read simply for pleasure while I'm at school, so I like this time of year once semester is over because it gives me a chance to change that. I'm currently reading The Winter Vault by Anne Michaels. Absolutely gorgeous. It's not especially plot-driven; it's more like a meditation on family, nature and humankind's creative/destructive potential set during the relocation of Abu Simbel. Every sentence makes me want to bawl. Michaels is an unimaginably poignant writer. She motivates me to improve my own prose and poetry.

I also like sleeping in. Sleeping in is fucking great.

I don't like graveyard shifts, though, but I'm coping. :)

Magmar
17th May 2011, 11:15 PM
I like long days and short nights, and when it ISN'T a monsoon like it's been this year. The smell of flowers when you have a sunny day for once all month to help them bloom.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
18th May 2011, 03:03 AM
May, as a month, always reminds me of May 2003 when I was the closest of ever to having a girlfriend. We even had a date in a library. The rest can be read in Truth About Mikachu Yukitatsu.

Anyways, this May has been quite good as well, my TPM posts are crazier than ever, I have regained all my hobbies. Average May weather, I only wish it rained a little more. Yesterday and today have been quite promising. Yeah, I'm insane.

Telume
18th May 2011, 06:58 PM
More time to chill, I'm burned out.

Deadwood_Zen
18th May 2011, 09:24 PM
Japanese is coming to an end. Final is tomorrow, but we have a D&D group planned out with some of the people in there.

End of the Year Concert was Monday night. I lettered in band(w00t), and now I feel old, since I'll be a Junior next year. We got the Mission Impossible Theme for pep band today, and that kicks ass. Problem is my assistant Drum Major and I will be the first Drum Majors to have to conduct in 5/4 time, for pep AND marching.

Best of all, May means Small State(or, Nevada Educational Music Association's Small School All-State Honor Band, but Small State is easier in conversation). Went to Vegas, weather was great, since it's still spring-ish. Band chicks dug me like crazy, even with my man-pris/shants. They even dug me after I said "Trust me, I'ma Dungeon Master". Though not all were too shabby... ;]

Most of all, I'm loving the girl I met there... ;]
...Even if she goes to our rival school... Dx

shazza
19th May 2011, 03:44 AM
May is usually the worst month of the year for me. In Australia winter begins to loom; my emotions are always volatile to decline with the declining temperatures and shorter days. It's also the month my mum died and her 10 year anniversary is tomorrow.

Looking forward to September time. :)

Becky
19th May 2011, 04:32 PM
I feel like I'm learning so much about everyone through this thread!

Classy_cat18, do you sell any of the 'mark' by Avon line? I've been meaning to try out some of those products. :-)

Oslo...that book sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out.

Shazza, I'm really sorry to hear about your losses. I hope there will be some peace for you as the month draws closer to an end. My thoughts are with you.

classy_cat18
19th May 2011, 06:26 PM
Classy_cat18, do you sell any of the 'mark' by Avon line? I've been meaning to try out some of those products. :-)

I sure do! My online store! (http://www.youravon.com/rjones0478) I look forward to any future business!

Magmar
20th May 2011, 02:54 PM
Aww shaz. You know you want a hug from me ;) Sorry, I know anniversaries can be painful days... either the remorse of the day or the guilt if you don't remember the day :/

Ummmmmmmmm hmm. What do I love about may today. The sun's out and it's 70 for the first time in over a week... so yes magmar is running around campus shirtless ;D
Anddddd graduating. Tomorrow. Meep