PDA

View Full Version : RIP Randy Savage

Master of Paradox
20th May 2011, 03:33 PM
Today we mourn the loss of Randy Poffo, better known as "Macho Man Randy Savage". According to news accounts, he suffered a heart attack while driving, lost control of his car and got into a fatal accident.

I remember watching him wrestle when I was a kid. Another piece of history has just died.

Drago
20th May 2011, 08:57 PM
Good lord, that's horrible!! I'm so sorry to hear that Savage has died. R.I.P. Macho Man!!

I remember back when I was a kid, Hulk was my favourite wrestler, but one day a few years ago I saw a match when they were both in their prime (Hogan & Savage vs. Mr. Perfect and Brutus Beefcake), and my god... Savage just stole the show. The speed and athleticism he showed for a man his size was just incredible. He was something else out there, and I'll miss hearing the strained, wacky words he'd spew...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!! It was like, what are you talkin' bout, Randy?

:(

Dark Sage
22nd May 2011, 10:54 PM
Funny you should mention Hulk Hogan. Hogan, who had a very long rivalry with the Macho Man, was pretty choked up about this. He said he now regrets that he will not be able to make up with the guy.

And it's too bad... I also remembered Randy Savage as one of the big names in wrestling when I was a little kid...

shazza
23rd May 2011, 05:43 AM
Funny you should mention Hulk Hogan. Hogan, who had a very long rivalry with the Macho Man, was pretty choked up about this. He said he now regrets that he will not be able to make up with the guy.

And it's too bad... I also remembered Randy Savage as one of the big names in wrestling when I was a little kid...

According to Hogan's video, they had recently started talking again.

It sucks. And I' expected more of a tribute from WWE, unless they do something more on Raw.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
23rd May 2011, 08:35 AM
Really a shame that he's gone, he was part of my childhood. When wrestlers were larger than life he and Ricky Steamboat led the smaller and more agile wrestlers to glory. Unfortunately he's just another "superstar" that passed on way too early.

firepokemon
24th May 2011, 09:06 PM
A real shame. Whilst my interest in wrestling has long waned. He was always a wrestler I admired and probably my favourite. Loved him whether he was the Macho King or just macho man and even liked him in WCW.

WWE stop beings wankers and put him and Miss Elizabeth in Hall of Fame.

Master Rudy
24th May 2011, 11:53 PM
WWE stop beings wankers and put him and Miss Elizabeth in Hall of Fame.

I've no doubt it's gonna happen in 2012 but it's shameful it's going to take his death for Vince to do it. Savage should have been in years ago but Vince's tendancy to hold grudges is what kept that from happening :-/

Heald
25th May 2011, 01:12 AM
Randy Savage stopped the Rapture. After all, he was the last person God needed before Heaven became awesome, so he called it off.

fueXtRg_t4s