PDA

View Full Version : Observe your fellow Pokemasters redux

Drago
23rd May 2011, 10:04 PM
A few years ago, firepokemon made a pretty cool thread where you'd make observations about your fellow TPMers. I am reigniting this idea. I don't know why I felt the need to explain that; it seems fairly self-explanatory.

I like distinct avatars. And for this reason, ChobiChibi features an awesome avatar. It's big and it's bold and it's Simisear! It's kinda like the Simisear is saying whatever Chobi is saying.

I always enjoy the insights of shazza. I look forward to more pensive threads.

Who's your favourite noob? Mine's Oslo. Though I guess he kind of doesn't count since he's been here for about a year and a half now?

Who would you like to meet IRL? I want to get smashed with Heald and end up a bloody pulp on the floor of a pub somewhere.

I want to play Crazy Elf Boy in Smash Bros Brawl again someday. That Sonic/Peach battle was all kinds of EPIC.

Jeff is quietly awesome.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
23rd May 2011, 11:27 PM
My favourite newbie is porbably one of those ASB promises too. Cynder maybe? And Oslo doesn't count.

Then there's chanveil who floods General Discussion and Anime with those little topics. Almost like Hanada Tattsu back in the good old days, exept chanveil's topics are smaller and Hanada posted in existing topics every second post, not bothering to create a new one every day.

That being said, I think all my TPM friends are interesting people and I'd like to meet you all. Not sure if you'd like to meet me.

Oslo
23rd May 2011, 11:58 PM
I will gladly take the position of favourite noob. :) Since everyone else has basically been around since the early 00's, it's still kinda appropriate?

Mikachu's signature always makes me think there are cracks running across my laptop screen. *shakes fist* Also, your dancing Pokegirls which pop up from time to time haunt me in my darkest nightmares.

I agree with Mikachu. Cynder is def my favourite noob.

I would love to sit down and have a conversation with DarkestLight. I'm sure it would be wonderfully bewildering but in the most intelligent way, if that makes any sense.

I enjoy Knight of Time's occasional references to YTV and want to ask him if he is/was ever a ReBoot fan. Should get around to that at some point.

I would give Blademaster a hug. He always seems to need one. Or several.

Darth CookieMonster has the best username around.

I once spent five minutes just staring at DragonKnight's avatar. It is captivating. I enjoy it immensely. I find myself resisting the urge to scroll up and stare right now.

Cynder
24th May 2011, 01:41 PM
I feel loved! :D

Hmm, I don't know who to pick out... Let me think...

Oslo for reffing near enough everything on ASB, that takes commitment mah friend!

I agree with Oslo, Darth CookieMonster has the coolest username possible. Plus, he was my first official friend on the site!

I always wonder how the heck Blademaster manages to be so sarcastic, is it even possible for normal people?

Nsmbwii's is near obsessed with Kingdom Hearts, almost every battle he posts has a reference of some kind to it. It's quite entertaining to read all of the arenas!

I swear MeLoVeGhOsTs is like a HGSS master, seriously he completed the game up to the elite 4 with a monotype team in just 3 days! Nice going xD

That's pretty much all I can think of at the moment, sorry to the people I missed out >.<

Blademaster
24th May 2011, 02:30 PM
I always wonder how the heck Blademaster manages to be so sarcastic, is it even possible for normal people?

Yes, it totally is.

DarkestLight
25th May 2011, 05:58 PM
Back home. NOW.

I feel a horribly awesome need to second Dragoknight and go all out and lie beaten, bruised, broken and belligerent with both him and Heald in some pub in some other country cause I called Rugby players "bitches with knee-highs".

Let's see. I know that I would love to sit somewhere, maybe a treehouse or a sniper nest, and pelt Blademaster with water filled objects until he loses his mind.

I will have a toast to that Oslo, I would love to see how deranged and insightful our conversations would actually go. Cause the stuff I say online is tiddlywinks to when you really hear me speak, at my rapid slurring pace, no less.

Uhh I'm sure at some point I'll be on a dig with Mew Master and I'll school his fancy paper ass kissing self >p

I'm sure I'll be that one guy that actually makes it to Asilynne and Mystic Clowns wedding-and get kicked out for being too belligerent because I'm messing with Crystal Tears too damn much!

I wanna go and hop in kangaroo pouches with Ayeun :D. Or at least have her take me around Darwin. This also goes for Lady Vulpix and Argentina.

Classy_cat...pretty sure that we'd have a blast at every fast food joint we could hit up. In fact I propose we go and try to make 500 different shake combinations at Sonic!!! You know you want to! :D

Uhhh that's all for now. I'll think of more later.

Blademaster
25th May 2011, 06:15 PM
Let's see. I know that I would love to sit somewhere, maybe a treehouse or a sniper nest, and pelt Blademaster with water filled objects until he loses his mind.

Hope you enjoy being shot at with homemade flaming arrows.

classy_cat18
25th May 2011, 07:05 PM
Classy_cat...pretty sure that we'd have a blast at every fast food joint we could hit up. In fact I propose we go and try to make 500 different shake combinations at Sonic!!! You know you want to! :D

Hell yeah! Peanut butter and hot fudge FTW!

Hope you enjoy being shot at with homemade flaming arrows.

I would love watch the war between you and DarkestLight. Afterwards we can have a Super Mario binge. Pick a Mario game, any Mario game. (One that doesn't suck, though.)

Lady Vulpix
25th May 2011, 08:14 PM
If you do come here, DarkestLight, I'll give you a tour of whatever parts of Buenos Aires you'd like to see. Same goes for everyone else who has signed up for the Dragon Games. :keke:

It takes me a while to learn things about people through observation, but I can say a few things about some of the people I've known for years.

For example, lvl100mewtwo has a flare for the dramatic, but he's a better writer than he gives himself credit for. More writers here are, actually: excessive self criticism is common among writers.

classy_cat18 deserves to treat herself better. She's kind and helpful, and a good writer too. I think she's the one who has improved the most over the years, at least from what I've read.

DarkestLight makes me laugh, and he knows as well as I do that he was born to dress like a pirate. ;)

Interaction with HypotenuseMan is always valuable. What I mean is that something good always comes out of talking to him.

Wolfsong seems to have been caught in a loop. I wish she'd talk to me more, then perhaps our conversations wouldn't always go the same way and I might help her get rid of her writer's block.

It took me a lot of time and effort to learn how to talk to Knight of Time, but I'm glad to have learnt as much as I have. Now I can enjoy my conversations with him, and he's a valuable asset to AC/CC.

nsmbwii
26th May 2011, 06:35 AM
Cynder is an amazing spriter plus a referee. I'm almost somewhat jealous that she won that Member of the Season thing. (And yes. I am obsessed with Kingdom Hearts. Maybe too much...)

Oslo is weird, but I enjoy people that are like that.

MeLoVeGhOsTs takes care of ASB very well, and I still want revenge upon that loss from earlier...

DarkestLight and Mew Master are like the head honchos of reffing, but they also have a nice wit to add.

Blademaster
26th May 2011, 04:14 PM
Hell yeah! Peanut butter and hot fudge FTW!

...A Reese's cup... shake...?

Surely something so beautiful could not be sold to mere mortals.

I would love watch the war between you and DarkestLight. Afterwards we can have a Super Mario binge. Pick a Mario game, any Mario game. (One that doesn't suck, though.)

"Mario game" and "suck" in the same sentence...?

Does not compute.

But how good are you? I'd LOVE to have Mario battle with a worthy opponent.

classy_cat18
27th May 2011, 01:58 AM
But how good are you? I'd LOVE to have Mario battle with a worthy opponent.

Platformers are my strongest point. I've gotten rusty with Mario Kart. But I know I'm competent in the SSB series! I fight toe-to-toe with my brother all the time!

DarkestLight
27th May 2011, 06:12 AM
...A Reese's cup... shake...?

Surely something so beautiful could not be sold to mere mortals.

Oh yes...yes it can :D

"Mario game" and "suck" in the same sentence...?

Does not compute.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics lolwut?

Blademaster
27th May 2011, 10:32 PM
Platformers are my strongest point. I've gotten rusty with Mario Kart. But I know I'm competent in the SSB series! I fight toe-to-toe with my brother all the time!

You and me. NSMB Wii multiplayer troll run. Original SMB speed run face-off. And Smash Bros. Brawl. My main man Ganondorf will show you how ass-backwards tier lists are.

Oh yes...yes it can :D

There is a God, and He is a Loving God.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics lolwut?

1. I liked that game.

2. I said 'Mario games.' Mario & Sonic at The Olympic Games is part Mario game, part Sonic game, part party game, and part sports game, all to varying degrees. Also, it was developed by SEGA, not Nintendo. Nintendo was merely the publisher.

Deadwood_Zen
27th May 2011, 11:01 PM
1. I liked that game.

2. I said 'Mario games.' Mario & Sonic at The Olympic Games is part Mario game, part Sonic game, part party game, and part sports game, all to varying degrees. Also, it was developed by SEGA, not Nintendo. Nintendo was merely the publisher.
Boom. Headshot. +250 Experience.

Blademaster
28th May 2011, 09:57 PM
.....What game gives you EXP for headshots?

Deadwood_Zen
29th May 2011, 04:34 PM
.....What game gives you EXP for headshots?
That's from Black Ops. Whenever you get a headshot it says "HEADSHOT" then under it says "Boom. Headshot. +250 XP". I find it funny to use in normal conversation instead of just saying "Boom."...