PDA

View Full Version : IRC!

Becky
27th May 2011, 05:30 PM
As part of becoming acclimated to TPM, I've been trying to come to the chat room. I've noticed it's been fairly empty in terms of discussion and visitors, so I thought I would start a post to see if we can generate some interest or maybe schedule a chatting time. I'd love to get to know more of you and IRC seems like a good way to do that. :)

Thoughts? Has this been done before, and what's the best way to schedule a chat time?

(Note to mods: I checked out the Forum Rules and didn't come across anything regarding the topic of chat. If I've made an error in posting a topic such as this, I apologize!)

Jeff
27th May 2011, 06:23 PM
It was pretty active when we first started it, for like the first few days.

I'm going to try and remember to log in during Nintendo's E3 conference on the 7th if anyone wants to chat about that.

Telume
27th May 2011, 06:25 PM
I'm in there every day.

Oslo
27th May 2011, 06:37 PM
I have stumbled in and encourage others to do the same.

Also, MSN is for puppy-eaters.

Blademaster
27th May 2011, 10:34 PM
Also, MSN is for puppy-eaters.

That's a damn lie and you know it.

...Everytime I try to download MSN Puppy Eater, it disconnects. :mad:

Mikachu Yukitatsu
28th May 2011, 09:46 AM
To be honest, I don't really like chats. Too fast for me. Two-person-chat in Facebook is OK, actually one of the best parts of that little site. I've been to TPM's chat like once, and it was when Telume invited me. He knew I don't like chats, don't know where he had heard that, though. I should get some chat shock therapy for myself to get used to it I guess.

Lady Vulpix
28th May 2011, 12:35 PM
I'm in most of the time. Just say "Gabi" and I'll reply.

shazza
29th May 2011, 07:52 PM
IRC is increasingly becoming underground, but I'm mature enough to accept such a change.

Gavin Luper
30th May 2011, 10:35 AM
I drop in occasionally when I'm online too ... hope to see some of you in there!

Lady Vulpix
30th May 2011, 02:11 PM
A few minutes ago someone named kyel walked into the chatroom, said "i like chicken" and left. I wonder what the purpose of that was.

Magmar
30th May 2011, 11:26 PM
I wandered in and said hello yesterday! Think I'll log in again right now. i like IRC's simple interface.

Telume
31st May 2011, 03:32 PM
I'm logged on. :p

Becky
31st May 2011, 07:30 PM
I'm in there now as well!