PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Know...

Deadwood_Zen
27th May 2011, 11:08 PM
All these "Remember that member? What a douche..." threads got me thinking... What will everyone think of me when I'm gone? Assuming you're lucky enough to get rid of me... xP

But in all seriousness, what will you all think of me?

Sorry, it's just one of those days, and I'm tired as frack...

mattbcl
27th May 2011, 11:46 PM
Kudos for this thread. I saw the most recent example of what you're talking about, and I found myself thinking the same thing. I don't feel like I've properly "established" myself here yet but it's a thought that pops into my head every time I find a new place to haunt online or live IRL. Once I'm gone, as I inevitably will be someday, what's the impression I'll leave behind with the people who encountered me?

Would like to find some friends here. Hopefully I'm not like the jerks that have come before. As for yourself, Deadwood, what I've seen of your interactions here leads me to believe you aren't, either. So that's something, at the very least. :)

Mikachu Yukitatsu
28th May 2011, 01:34 AM
Hey, I know already what the folks would think of me!!! Or at least what they did in 2009.

Where in the world is Mikachu Yukitatsu?! (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19418)

On the other hand, you, Deadwood_Zen, remind me one of my 'real life' friends, who is awesome, but very modest. You don't make a big number of yourself, but you are a good friend.

mattbcl, I don't know much of you, but you are making an effort on TPM by writing all that stuff right now and I appreciate it.

Shadow Wolf
28th May 2011, 09:14 AM
You people never cease to surprise me. This forum is active again because of new threads created by you. So from the bottom of my TMP heart, Thank You. :)

Now onto the topic: "...todo depende del cristal con que se mira." (...it all lies in the eye of the beholder) William Shakespeare

We don't want people to think bad of us. But we have to keep in mind that not everyone knows us. We make friends here at TPM but there are many members who don't know a thing about us. So the only thing they keep are their "impressions" of us.

Take Blade for example: Probably, people who don't know him will think of him as a guy who just likes to snap at members for no reason and for writing stuff that might make some people laugh and offend some others...

...but those who know him (at least, we we know o him from his time at TPM) can tell you that he's an amazing friend. He's been here a long time, so he knows about members. He helps people feel better with his hilarious comments and when he speaks seriously, he speaks from the bottom of his heart (sorry if this is embarrassing blade, you can kick my butt in any mario game later for retribution).

How about Mikachu: Those who don't know him might see him as a Finnish fan with an addiction to post in every single topic.

But those who know him can be sure that he's a friendly, helpful, and kind member who finds a way into people's hearts (hence the topic "Where's Mikachu?")

So yeah, is not like we will leave a good impression on everybody, because even if we dedicate our times to get to know all TPM members, we do not have the guarantee that they will do the same (not like they will not want to do it, but because they have things to do: life, love...). But as long as we strive to keep TPM alive and we share comments with members, even if we're not a $100 dollar paper, we can be sure that there will be people who will see us for who we are and will be there to defend ourselves when we're gone. (the example: mr_pikachu)

Finally, if you want my opinion of you: You can be sure that you have left a good impression in me. As I said earlier, these topics and ideas keep this forum alive and it also convinces me that there are kind and mature people who enjoy their time at TPM. TPM is not just any forum. TPM is a family.

EDIT: Sorry for leaving you matt (I kinda got carried away with writing). In any case, you're an awesome person too. Your hobby (writer) helps you let your thoughts flow. The posts you've written are a proof of that, and I'm pretty sure that many people see you as a good member.

Well, that's all for now... Cheers!

Becky
28th May 2011, 10:16 AM
I don't have much to add that hasn't already been said here, so just count me in as a redundant voice. :) Personally I think the fact that you are concerned with leaving a good impression means that you're also likely to think before you post, which probably results in more considerate behavior.

...If that makes sense. It's Saturday and I'm just now having my coffee. ;)

Blademaster
28th May 2011, 10:00 PM
I doubt I'll ever leave, but if I do, for whatever reason, I doubt I'll be remembered well.

I mean, I'm sure I'll be remembered, but not in a good way.

EDIT: Just noticed you mentioned me, Lou... Thanks. It feels good to know that there's still some hope left for me after all. :)

Telume
28th May 2011, 10:01 PM
I wonder if I'd be missed if I left too.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
29th May 2011, 02:10 AM
I'd miss you all if you left. 1) without your posts there wouldn't be my posts 2) like Shadow Wolf said, we're a family 3) you're great people. Sorry if I didn't make anybody feel special saying that, but I could, by mentioning the following...

Shadow Wolf, you come and go, but you make nor 'I'm Leaving' topics nor 'I'm Back!' topics, and I'm really starting to think those who don't post those topics stay the longest. Already in Spring 2010, I had seen so much failed 'I'm Back!' informing that I didn't make a topic like that, plus, I refused to reply to shazza's topic, as miraculous and awesome it was. OK, I got carried away, but anyways, you, Shadow Wolf, have left me a good impression and you should post more. You still keep believing in my friendly side, though I think I've made some really offending comments and even trolled lately.

What happened to 'I'm Leaving' topics anyway? I had an odd depressive phase a few weeks ago, and was considering posting one of those just for the heck of it, but after sleeping one good night, realized leaving TPM on purpose is one of those things I'd regret later. Yep, I had that phase anyway, so maybe there's a small chance you'd get rid of me, but I doubt.

Becky, I sent you a friendship request and you didn't refuse, which is a great thing itself. I've heard people finding each other at TPM and it's nice to see it works the other way around too, people find TPM after finding each other. Now if you only got your fiancé to return.

Haa, Blademaster is next. I remember you in both good and bad, you're so essential part of today's TPM that I'd miss you nonetheless, but also, I like you, you have an awsome personality. Reading your posts is a certain kind of therapy for me, I do have some friends like you in my 'Real Life' as well, and I have said this before, but I say it again, you entertain us, make me feel loved and even keep my feet on ground when I need it. When you point me the room full of people who care, you prevent my ego from getting too big.

Finally, Telume, you have done so much good for us, I'd miss you so much if you left. Your posts are short, but that makes them easy to read and also, I get so straight answers from you.

Magmar
29th May 2011, 09:24 AM
If I left, I don't know if I'd be missed. But I would miss all of you!!

RedStarWarrior
29th May 2011, 01:49 PM
If I left, I don't know if I'd be missed. But I would miss all of you!!
I'd miss you.

Telume
29th May 2011, 02:23 PM
Finally, Telume, you have done so much good for us, I'd miss you so much if you left. Your posts are short, but that makes them easy to read and also, I get so straight answers from you.

Awww, thanks Mika, that makes me feel so much better.

Drago
29th May 2011, 08:42 PM
Fortunately, I'm not going to remember the people that I don't like after I leave TPM. Except maybe WPM, because he was an elite level of lame.

I'm pretty sure people probably know who I'd miss. It's a small but cherished group. It's my wolf pack, baby.

fdMxRG9Jol0

Shadow Wolf
29th May 2011, 10:48 PM
Wow, so many people posted... that's good!

Becky: I believe no words can go to waste (except if something is exactly copy/pasted from a previous one). Even if it's only a few words, I'm sure that they will be of help to the poeple reading it. Who knows... maybe your words are the words needed to cheer someone up. What I mean to say is: Don't be afraid to write. Even if it might sound repeated, no two opinions are exactly alike, so everyone's opinions count (I hope this sounds logical and not confusing)

Blade: I believe you are the source of hope (and I'm not exaggerating). You can make funny comments, crazy comments, serious comments... but you are here. You're always here with something to say, and whenever you write something, it means you read threads, opinions and you think about them... and when you do, you think about the person who wrote it. Yeah, many people might see you in different ways, but I consider you my friend and you're the one who encourage me to make silly jokes, write stuff and express myself. That's why, everytime I see comments like these (when you feel like you my be someone bad, or when you feel like there's someone who needs to read something you want to express... if I can, I will write something... cause you're my friend, after all :) )

Mika: I don't write threads like that because I've never left TPM. I just don't log in (yeah, I should, I know) and when I log in, is to write something quickly and then do other stuff (like play videogames). But there's something I'd like to share with you: I'm terrified of hurting other people, and in my short life, I've had too many experiences of hurting people with my words. I've broken friendships, created problems (usually by an accidental slip-of-the-tongue)... even my family have become afraid of my words (My mom saying that if she were my girlfriend, she would run away from me, and my aunt telling my mom that she wouldn't talk to me about her new tattoo because she was afraid that I will say something that will hurt her).

This is why I tend to be very careful with my words. If there's something I'd like to say but the thread is about a controversial topic, I wouldn't dare myself to write, even if I wanted to, because of this (because I don't want to hurt my friends). Plus I don't think too good of myself, so that makes me even shyer when writing something. Nevertheless, I spend my time reading the new topics here and thinking about you guys. :)

Telume: You're missed more than know, even if not everyone comes out and say it. Ademas, con quien hablare español (bueno, tengo a Gabi y Mika esta aprendiendo, pero no quiero dejar a nadie atras) :)

Magmar: I haven't talked to you much, but I can say that your hilariousness is something I will miss a lot if someday I were to never return. :)

Drago: Even I have heard of WPM, but let's not get into haters. That speech made me laugh, and if you're like that (a lone wolf), then I can say that there are many of us like that here. That's why you're right. We're a pack (I might not be part of your friend pack, but as the pack of TPM)

Oh, and there are many people that don't know they're missed: mr_pika (well, he knows), Christen (N1CF), Gavin (though he's around), Tara (PancaKe), Kevaelli, Houndoom_Lover, Kurosakura, Inferno_Dragon, Dark Dragonite, Crazy Elf Boy (boy will I miss that cluelessness, no offense of course), Kurosakura, Andrew, Zak... if I keep going I won't stop, so to all the people I consider my TPM friends and to the ones that left their print on TPM (the good memories, of course), thanks... I miss you!

Oh, y Gabi... tambien te extrañaré cuando me tenga que ir de TPM (si es que algún día me voy) :)

*finally gets some air after letting all that out*