PDA

View Full Version : slowking

ryandude713
28th April 2003, 01:20 PM
here are two questions aboot slowking

do they show how slowpoke elvolves into slowking?
like is it the same as how slowpoke evolves into slowbro, but the shellder clamps onto his head?

and also, is he shown in the anime?
if so, when, and what does he do?

Chris 2.1
28th April 2003, 02:47 PM
I think ***********SPOILER**************

In the episode 'Enlighten Up!' Slowpoke evolves into Slowking, but i'm NOT 100000% SURE

******************END SPOILER******************

Light_Togetic
28th April 2003, 03:56 PM
*Spoilers*

Well, I don't know about Japan, but in America's "Enlighten Up!", Slowpoke evolved into Slowbro.

*End Spoilers*

I think that Japan had a special called "Slowking's Day" though. And it also plays a role in the second movie. As to how it evolves... I forget... is it trading a Slowpoke with a King's Rock or something??

Hanada Tattsu
28th April 2003, 03:59 PM
In the game, Slowpoke evolves into Slowbro by leveling up to Level 37, and into Slowking by trading to another cartridge with a King's Rock attached.

As for the anime, in "Enlighten Up" Slowpoke indeed evolved into Slowbro, but in a future episode, there is an episode about a Slowpoke evolving into a Slowking, and I forgot exactly how it evolved, but I'm almost sure that the Shellder clamped onto its head. I may be wrong though.

Slowking also played a part in the second movie and in an early special.

PAK Man
28th April 2003, 05:16 PM
Yes, there is an upcoming episode where a Slowpoke evolves into a Slowking. I'm not exactly sure how it evolves, but the episode title is Slowking! King's Rock! Also, Slowking was in a Johto League special right before Ignorance is Blissey aired, but it never aired in America.

Hanada Tattsu
28th April 2003, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I forgot whether it evolved by Shellder or by a King's Rock.

If it did evolve via Shellder, then I'm sure it did clamp onto its head instead of its tail.

Bacl
29th April 2003, 09:44 PM
I think the real question is: Are ALL Slowking smart enough to speak Human like in the second movie? That had a Slowking that talked, not to be confused with telepathic psychic Pokemon like Mew2. Remember, when Mew2 actually tried to speak all we heard was "mew". His words were telepathically transfered.

But the Slowking in the movie actually spoke Human, something we've never seen except for Meowth of Team Rocket. Also odd that since that movie we've never seen a Slowking, thus we have nothing to go by.

Hanada Tattsu
29th April 2003, 10:36 PM
No, I think it was just that one Slowking, it was a special Slowking. ;)

In the future episode that aires, the Slowking just says its name just like every other Pokemon, I think its only special Pokemon, like that Gastly in Maiden Peak, the Slowking from the second movie, and Meowth of Team Rocket that can speak human, and those three are actually special.

Bacl
30th April 2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
No, I think it was just that one Slowking, it was a special Slowking. ;)

In the future episode that aires, the Slowking just says its name just like every other Pokemon, I think its only special Pokemon, like that Gastly in Maiden Peak, the Slowking from the second movie, and Meowth of Team Rocket that can speak human, and those three are actually special.

I guess if there was a type of Pokemon smart enough to speak Human, then everyone would want one. Not THAT hard to get a Slowking.

But the Pokedex does say they are really, really smart. Not just powerful, but intelligent. That's a real change from Slowpoke/bro whom are...how can I put this delicatly..."special" in other ways other than intelligence. ;)

Hanada Tattsu
30th April 2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Bacl
I guess if there was a type of Pokemon smart enough to speak Human, then everyone would want one. Not THAT hard to get a Slowking.

But the Pokedex does say they are really, really smart. Not just powerful, but intelligent. That's a real change from Slowpoke/bro whom are...how can I put this delicatly..."special" in other ways other than intelligence. ;)

Actually, it is a huge change because of the fact that Slowpoke's Pokedex entries (in both the games and the anime) are listed as Slowpoke being the Dopey Pokemon, and if it evolves into Slowking doesn't it become Royal or Intellegent or something?

quilava flame
30th April 2003, 04:22 PM
If you've noticed, there are other pokemon that speak english in the anime. Way back when they battled a gastly that could speak. Since then no other gastly has spoken in english. And also the Lapras in the christmas special spoke. Again no other Lapras has spoken.

Light_Togetic
30th April 2003, 05:56 PM
Lapras in the Christmas special spoke telepathically, and the pokedex said that Lapras were able to understand human speech perfectly (which is what I thought all pokemon could do...). I think that if pokemon are able to communicate psychically, then they can "talk" using their powers. Like Entei, Lugia or Mewtwo. Of course, this only applies to the Lugia and Entei of the movies (because those other Lugia couln't speak psychically).