PDA

View Full Version : The First "When ever I feel like it-ly" Fan Art Contest

Crazy Elf Boy
4th June 2011, 04:49 AM
Ok since there is some confusion who is the best at "Art" I have decided to put those peoples skills to the test. I am not really sure what people will win if they do win this competition, I guess bragging rights and possibly there name in another Award thread immoralising their accomplishments.

Since some people who are not as good as art as others but still want to participate. I have taken this into account and come up with the following 4 catergories which you may enter. You may enter as many as you want, however you can only win 1.

At the beginning of the contest you will be given a theme, this theme will determine what you art shall be about.

The 4 catergories which you may enter are:

1: Spriting

This catergory is for all budding sprite artists out there, your task is to make from scratch a sprite of the theme. This maybe in 8,16 or 32 bit styles. Just as long as it is a sprite.

Winners are determined on the quality of the sprite and its relevance to the theme.

2: Recolouring

This catergory was made for people who are a little to inept to tackle making a sprite all by themselves. They are then to instead recolour an existing sprite which pertains to the theme.

Winners are determined by use of thought and vibrance of colour when recolouring the sprite.

3: Hand Drawn Art

This category is for people with an artistic talent for drawing art. Contestants are to draw a picture which takes into account the theme.

Winners are determined by the style of the drawing as well as the use of other big words pertaining to art. They do not have to be coloured either.

4: Comic contest

This catergory is for people with a funny bone. You are to draw a comic based around the theme of the contest.

Winners for this category aren't necessarily based on the level of art used in the comic but the hilarity instead.

There is one rule which everybody needs to follow, Everything you enter in this contest must be your own work as we don't condone plagiarisim in this forum.

Unless anyone has any questions let's begin.

The theme for this contest is Magikarp & Gyarados, you have 2 weeks (which is till the 18th of June) to PM your entrants to me, along with the catergory it will be entered in. On the 19th of June (Your time) the winners of the catergories along with all the entries shall be posted in this thread.

LET THE ART BEGIN

Darth CookieMonster
5th June 2011, 11:22 PM
Im get mine up this week.. i think

Mikachu Yukitatsu
11th June 2011, 12:25 PM
I'll perhaps get something ready for the deadline as well, but can't promise it. A bit busy with everything right now, there's like 55% probability that I won't have time.

ChobiChibi
11th June 2011, 12:36 PM
That's funny, I was working on a Magikarp themed piece recently. Excuse to finish? YAY.

Crazy Elf Boy
21st June 2011, 02:57 AM
Ok seems like I went a bit over time and haven't received many entrys yet, so here is a warning giving you guys 3 more days to get in your pictures.

Darth CookieMonster
21st June 2011, 05:37 AM
Blasfomy!

Cynder
21st June 2011, 10:35 AM
Blasphemy*

Darth CookieMonster
21st June 2011, 03:54 PM
pssh