PDA

View Full Version : Celebrities

Drago
6th June 2011, 06:14 AM
Have you ever met a celebrity? Who is the most famous person you've ever met? And how did you react?

I would love to claim that I'm cool as a cucumber and don't act like an idiot fan around celebrities, but it's entirely untrue. I get so excited meeting celebrities that I act like the typical moron that they hate.

The first celebrity I met was a collie named Howard. Not really the biggest celebrity in the world, but he was the dog who played Lassie in the 1994 movie, as well as the 1997 TV series. For years, Howard was the most famous 'person' I had met.

That was until 2010, when Gael Monfils came into my work. When I realised who he was, I, like a tool, asked if I could grab a photo with him. He was pretty cool about it.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/Squidomar/img_2911.jpg

Unfortunately, later on a group of kids who had been asking me about something realised who he was as well, and then flocked around him. He looked over in my direction as though he thought I had ratted him out. I don't know if he's ever forgiven me.

Later that year, while in New York City, I saw La Cage Aux Folles, starring Kelsey Grammer. And, cutting a long story short, what does an idiot fan like me do? Oh yeah, you know it.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/Squidomar/IMG_2974.jpg

Magmar
6th June 2011, 07:10 AM
I met Ryan Seacrest once, I guess he's the biggest name I've met. Also James Woods regularly comes into my store, as does the cast of "Body of Proof" because it was filmed 5 minutes from my apartment. (They are all super nice!!)

As for bands, I've met Face to Face, Rancid, Lucky Boys Confusion, Less Than Jake, AFI, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Catch 22, Reel Big Fish, Zolof the Rock and Roll Destroyer, Monty Are I (duhhhhh), Zox, Big D and the Kids Table, and my goal this year is to meet Passion Pit and do drugs with them

Oslo
6th June 2011, 07:39 AM
One time the local weatherman came into my old work and got a burger. It was the best day ever.

I stared like a goat the whole time because that is how smooth I am. :D

Jeff
6th June 2011, 08:30 AM
I haven't really met anyone interesting. I saw 'n sync at Hershey Park years ago. I didn't exactly see them though, considering they were surrounded by an army of screaming girls.

Cynder
6th June 2011, 03:04 PM
I've seen, (but never personally met) the guy from the PG tips advert in Toys 'r' Us when I was buying a present for my brother, and I saw Ricky Tomlinson in the middle of B&Q buying some stuff for his house. I kind of wish I'd had the guts to ask for an autograph, but I didn't. He wasn't very happy as it was just looking at him, kind of like the character he plays in the Royle Family. :P

Blademaster
6th June 2011, 05:34 PM
My mom has met Gene Simmons and I have a pseudo-uncle who's met DeNiro and Pesci, amongst a few others.

I haven't met anybody myself though. :(

Heald
8th June 2011, 02:56 PM
The only famous person I've met and chatted to that you yanks will recognise is Ron Jeremy.

So yeah, line up and kiss my ring or something.