PDA

View Full Version : Eww, fat...

Drago
6th June 2011, 06:19 AM
Originally a thread by Mr.Pokemon in October '05 (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12260)

Are you happy with your weight? Why/why not?

I dunno how much I weigh at the moment, but according to my CV I'm 81 kg/178 lbs. I admit, since I've been unemployed I've been horribly inactive and thus I've likely put on some extra weight, but it's never been too much of an issue for me.

In fact, I never realised until now, but for years, I was way too skinny. Awkward, lanky gangly kid with no pounds on him? Looks bad, man. I reckon it wasn't until about 2007 that I started putting on some healthy weight. Not muscle, tragically, but at least I wasn't a scrawny fool no more.

EDIT: After reading the original thread, fuck, I'm heavier than most of TPM from five and a half years ago. There's a scary thought for you.

mattbcl
6th June 2011, 06:33 AM
Gotcha beat. I'm 6'5" / 193 cm and 226 lb /103 kg, which puts me slightly over the "overweight" line. And to address your question, I'm not always happy with my weight, but given my height, it's either well-hidden or distributed fairly evenly. I'm also a very lanky individual. Most of the time I don't think about it, but when I do, I consider that I might like to have a little less on me... for no other reason, really, than to get my BMI down below 25, which puts me at "normal weight" for someone my size. It's less about body image and more about health for me.

Of course, it doesn't help that I eat Sour Patch Kids like a demon at movie theaters. My tongue is still raw from yesterday when we went to see X-Men...

Oslo
6th June 2011, 06:54 AM
I'm underweight at 6'1" and 135 pounds, which puts me in that "awkward, lanky gangly kid" category you described. I'm fine with that, to be honest. I figure my metabolism will slow as I age and that's just how it is.

In my experience, there's sort of an ugly belief in the gay community that you have to be either a twig or a muscly beast to be attractive. It's a generalization, but it's what I've noticed. As a result, while another person with my body type might perhaps feel pressure to bulk up, I don't really have to deal with that. That being said, paradigms that tell us what is/is not an acceptable body type are pretty douchey. Love the way you look and fuck everyone else.

Magmar
6th June 2011, 07:02 AM
Ha! I'm 5'8 and weigh a little under 150 (usually 148), and I'm pretty thin, but i also have a full butt which while yes the gays love it, it makes buying jeans a literal pain in the ass. Why have a tiny waist (I'm a size 29", 28" at some stores) when I can't ever find jeans that my ass fits in?

It may sound like an oxymoron or something, why would anyone complain about having a nice butt and being skinny, well on that note. Whenever I find jeans that aren't falling off my waist, they're super-tight on my butt, they stretch over my crotch and the world gets a show, the zipper will undo itself now and then, and I just generally feel kind of uncomfortable. When they fit my butt nicely, there's also a belt that's on its final notch, lots of excess fabric chafing on my waist, etc.

tl;dr--I have the body to be the hipster of all hipsters and wear bitch jeans but I hate hipsters

Mikachu Yukitatsu
6th June 2011, 09:24 AM
I'm 185 cm and something like 75 kg. My mother is terrified at 'how fat I have got', I used to be underweight. I myself don't care so much. My hands are like sticks but my stomach is big. More excercise would help perhaps.

ChobiChibi
6th June 2011, 12:34 PM
Ha! I'm 5'8 and weigh a little under 150 (usually 148), and I'm pretty thin, but i also have a full butt which while yes the gays love it, it makes buying jeans a literal pain in the ass. Why have a tiny waist (I'm a size 29", 28" at some stores) when I can't ever find jeans that my ass fits in?

This! I'm just under 5'7'', 119 pounds (hey google, thanks for explaining what 8 and a half stone is <3). I have a tiny waist (28''ish) and ickle boobs, but a round butt. I love hipster jeans, I can't stand them if they're all up around my waist, but I also love skinny jeans. Size 8 jeans (UK) + big butt= OW. I don't have the crotch problem though. I have to get a size up to accommodate for butt, and I've got a belt that has no notches, so all is good (except for when I broke it. Bf fixed it though).

My BMI has only gone up 1 in the last 6 years. Brilliant >_>

Lady Vulpix
6th June 2011, 12:59 PM
My height is 163cm, which is about 5'4". My weight... I think it's around 56 to 57 kg. That should be between 123 and 126 lbs if my converter is right. I think that's fine. I have a healthy body mass index and have no problem with my physical appearance.

classy_cat18
6th June 2011, 01:04 PM
Same height as Gabi, and around 180 lbs.

I regret nothing.

Blademaster
6th June 2011, 05:28 PM
I'm about 5'9" and 170 pounds.

...Yep...

shazza
7th June 2011, 08:25 AM
I was overweight until the end of 2007. 5'8" and about 90kg/198lb I started going on walks/jogs and eating about 1200 calories a day with no weight training. My lowest was in September 2008 where I reached a low of 64kg/141lb.

I fluctuated around 69kg-72kg for a couple of years and still continued exercised. Properly took up building muscle September of last year and got to a peak of 83kg in March. A lot is muscle, but a substantial amount was fat which was a bit frightening. Have since been cutting, eating 1800 calories a day, yet still doing weights 3 times a week and cardio/HIIT on my non-weights days. It's increasingly difficult though with the winter here and a 40 hour a week job. But I'm down to 78kg now, still have retained my strength, and can see in the mirror I've lost fat.

Aim is to get down to low 70's and see how I go from there. :)

Katie
12th June 2011, 05:35 PM
I have gained 8lbs since '05 according to that old thread :( (118 now) it's okay though, I've started jogging in the mornings with my new pup. I will be back down soon enough.

RedStarWarrior
12th June 2011, 06:38 PM
I weight 180lbs, down from 280lbs a year ago.

Scotty Too Hotty reporting for duty.

Blademaster
12th June 2011, 06:41 PM
How'd you do it, RedStar? I'm curious how people pull off (so to speak) numbers like that.

The Blue Avenger
12th June 2011, 07:04 PM
I'm 6'0" and 165 pounds. Everyone tells me I'm too skinny, but at the same time I need to tone myself too.

Asilynne
12th June 2011, 07:12 PM
I've gained weight since 05 definately, I've actually gotten to be a normal weight in the past year. For the longest time I was underweight at 115-120lbs andI am now at the weight I should be at 145lbs (I'm 5'8"). Along with this weight I went up a cup size and I now have a butt :>

I do need to actually work out though so I don't lose my muscle, and so I don't get winded when I play soccer. Because ever since gaining weight I get winded more easily (probably due to the fact that I now have a job where I'm sitting a lot. x.x)

Blademaster
12th June 2011, 07:13 PM
Along with this weight I went up a cup size and I now have a butt :>

Prove it!

DarkestLight
12th June 2011, 07:23 PM
I'm underweight at 6'1" and 135 pounds, which puts me in that "awkward, lanky gangly kid" category you described. I'm fine with that, to be honest. I figure my metabolism will slow as I age and that's just how it is.

Fuck that noise. I'm 6'0 and 140 lbs, built for speed and nothing else. I'm also slightly more tone than the average person-and my metabolism will never slow down. Ever. I'm a beeeeeeast!

I'm always being told I'm underweight but I have a stupid big butt (comparatively) that sits high -.- hence why I wear 32W/34L Jeans, which is like Popular size # fucking 1 to have in skinny format, but not in Relaxed/Regular, which I wear :/

Errr i say fuck that noise to about being classified as Underweight. You have the same mindset I do about it, Ossy :p

Blademaster
12th June 2011, 07:31 PM
built for speed and nothing else.

http://rlv.zcache.com/black_velvet_band_junior_thief_tshirt-p23564445380387903833kd_400.jpg

Jeff
12th June 2011, 08:10 PM
I'm kinda skinny, but somewhat flabby. I'm a mix of fat and not fat.

I weight about 165 and am about 5'7''

Asilynne
12th June 2011, 08:26 PM

Prove it!

I don't go around taking pictures of just my butt and boobs ok!

But here is my haircut ;D

abunaidesu
12th June 2011, 10:10 PM
5'6"

115 lbs

DarkestLight
13th June 2011, 06:58 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/black_velvet_band_junior_thief_tshirt-p23564445380387903833kd_400.jpg

It'd be for their own good, fat bastards can't catch me :O

RedStarWarrior
14th June 2011, 12:39 AM
How'd you do it, RedStar? I'm curious how people pull off (so to speak) numbers like that.
I did Weight Watchers. Nothing official, I just found the info for free online and followed it. It actually works.

But here is my haircut ;D
I demand pictures of just butt and boobs! I order you as the mod of Misc.

Blademaster
14th June 2011, 11:09 PM

No. Not OK. Do as the public demands. You live in a democracy.

Crystal Mew
20th June 2011, 02:26 AM
We just bought a treadmill, so I have been using that ^_^

even though I'm not "fat" ... but if I lost 5 vanity pounds, that would be cool

wow, I was so dumb back then.

anyways, I'm about 5'7 and weigh like 128 now, I want my stomach a little bit more toned then it is!

Telume
20th June 2011, 10:10 AM
5'7" weighing in at 150 or so but, I'm sure I've gained a little weight. I really don't gain much since I tend to walk a lot.

Pichu Luver
20th June 2011, 10:57 AM
I'm 5'8 and currently wiegh about 117lbs. I'm not happy with my weight because I'm underweight, and I've lost all my muscle tone. ¬¬' Back in January my steady weight was 170lbs to put the ridiculousness in perspective. Suffice to say I got very sick in December/January and due to complications from surgery, I am still trying to get better.

Drago
29th January 2015, 06:05 AM
So where you at now, bitches? Still 6'0" and at 80kg (176 pounds), but I play basketball and go to the gym now. It wasn't until I saw photos of '10/'11 era Drago, but fuck I was fatter than I thought. :(

Now I eat better and actually do shit. I drink a lot more though, so it's a dangerous balance.

Magmar
30th January 2015, 05:41 PM
Woot, same weight as I was pre-relationship it seems! Bam!
No longer have problems finding jeans though, thanks to adding proper fitness to the mix. Amazing what not being lazy can fix. LOL

Asilynne
31st January 2015, 12:01 AM
Now I'm 160, thank you age 30 metabolism :P

But I'm working on it, this is my year to get strong again!

Oslo
31st January 2015, 12:26 AM
~145 lbs, up 10 from 2011. Fortunately, it all went to my butt. Instead of being scrawny and assless, I'm scrawny and have a partial ass. Progress.

BTPoke
31st January 2015, 12:32 AM
6'2" and at 200 pounds, so fairly average I guess considering I don't exercise at all :v

Blademaster
31st January 2015, 07:44 PM
5'11" and somewhere near 190.

I feel great shame.

Drago
31st January 2015, 08:07 PM
Sports, bro. Sports!

Dark-San
13th February 2015, 08:44 PM
Hmm I am currently standing at 174cm, weighing around around 69 kilo. Had this weight for 3 years in a row, owing to a regiment of weekly Muay Thai, jogging and cycling.

The lightest I was at was 55 kilos when I was doing shift work 5 years ago. So yeah, there is a price to pay if you want to maintain a toned up body.

Katie
14th February 2015, 09:16 AM
I have gained 8lbs since '05 according to that old thread :( (118 now) it's okay though, I've started jogging in the mornings with my new pup. I will be back down soon enough.

This prediction turned out incredibly false.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
14th February 2015, 11:13 AM
I have never got a single orthodox pushup during my entire life.

DarkestLight
14th February 2015, 12:42 PM
O.O Interesting. I'm now at 160, because of all the muscle I had to gain from doing Insanity workouts-and the high intake of food I need.

Still built for speed. Still slim, but an athletic slim. Still with the same jeans, well now its a bit harder cause 32w works to hover over my butt, but 31's are severly too tight in both waist and groin region. 31.6 needs to exist, I think that would be perfect. So I just manage with no belt. Still too hard to find jeans. But all my medium shirts fit..better? Iz weird.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
14th February 2015, 01:05 PM
Send me your measurements, maybe my mum might make something for you. Paypal, say, 200$. Expensive Finnish design eh?

Link
14th February 2015, 03:26 PM
I'm 5`11 and weigh 206. Woah..

Drago
15th February 2015, 04:21 AM
O.O Interesting. I'm now at 160, because of all the muscle I had to gain from doing Insanity workouts-and the high intake of food I need.

Still built for speed. Still slim, but an athletic slim. Still with the same jeans, well now its a bit harder cause 32w works to hover over my butt, but 31's are severly too tight in both waist and groin region. 31.6 needs to exist, I think that would be perfect. So I just manage with no belt. Still too hard to find jeans. But all my medium shirts fit..better? Iz weird.
Hell yeah bro. You're built for speed, I'm built for power. Between us, we rule the world.

Telume
17th February 2015, 05:22 PM
One thing I find difficult to cut out of a diet is rice.

.... Especially since A LOT of Latino cuisine is based around rice.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
17th February 2015, 10:48 PM
I have never got a single orthodox pushup during my entire life.

Neither a single orthodox pull-up. When I wrote that message I didn't know what 'leuanveto' is in English.