PDA

View Full Version : Favourite movie theme

Drago
6th June 2011, 07:18 AM
Alright, this one is so straightforward it hurts: what's your favourite movie theme? Mine is the theme for Back to the Future. So epic and exciting, it makes me want to climb into the DeLorean and jump about in time.

Of course, a Youtube link, since I'm obsessed with those.

XTGyeGgMpk8

Magmar
6th June 2011, 07:29 AM
Shamelessly admitting.

sfRecbWWINs
I think the miyazaki films have the best scores. I hope I'm linking to the original. I don't feel like pausing a punk rock playlist to listen to laputa music.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
6th June 2011, 09:35 AM
Agreeing with DragoKnight. Here are some of my other favourites:

D8zlUUrFK-M

4LZcMv0H1bI

And sorry, but:

EGIWXKG0FDY

Zak
6th June 2011, 10:18 AM
I love this thread... music is what I pay attention to the most in films.

Hmm, never used youtube tags, hope I'm doing this right...

Anyway, I gotta say for one, the 007 theme, never get tired of it.

James Bond:
Ii1tc493bZM

Also John Carpenter's Halloween theme:

Nq6pekM6sZQ

The Exorcist has a pretty good theme too:

O5YQmUIIjvs&NR

And, last but not least, as you may expect, Charlie Clouser's "Hello Zepp"... which actually is one of the reasons I kept being pulled in to see these movies, the theme gets better and better. I'll post the original and most recent to show how it evolved.

Original (Saw 1):
vhSHXGM7kgE

Saw VI (VII was actually the last one, but I feel this version theme was by far better):
UhiB1kCVIcI

ChobiChibi
6th June 2011, 01:32 PM
I think the miyazaki films have the best scores. I hope I'm linking to the original. I don't feel like pausing a punk rock playlist to listen to laputa music.

I LOVE this soundtrack. Tis the only Miyazaki film I've really had the desire to seek the soundtrack of, and all of them are amazing. Mine's in Japanese though, my fave track is Laputa no Houkai. I love the use of vocal music in this film *goosebumps*

Also, Pirates is a pretty awesome soundtrack. Shame Hans Zimmer couldn't be assed to write anything new for the new film :/

_pGaz_qN0cw

However, succeeded with this film :D

Bear
6th June 2011, 01:35 PM
e9vrfEoc8_g

Gotta go with a classic here

Blademaster
6th June 2011, 05:32 PM
Any song that has been touched by Goldentusk.

caqQCQLQJjs
aCHtdh1snzY
vQa31siu9KI
6DrA3DsEIsQ

Becky
6th June 2011, 06:26 PM
I love the opening from The Ten Commandments. A classic movie with great music.

I also like the Back to the Future theme, of course! But it's hard for me to think of the Jurassic Park theme without thinking of 'executive island bathroom'...anyone get the ref?

Bear
6th June 2011, 09:24 PM
I love the opening from The Ten Commandments. A classic movie with great music.

I also like the Back to the Future theme, of course! But it's hard for me to think of the Jurassic Park theme without thinking of 'executive island bathroom'...anyone get the ref?

Ten Commandments overture is a fantastic piece of music.

Also lol @ Wayne Knight

Fett One
6th June 2011, 10:36 PM
I have always like the theme music to Batman (1989).

wgpmdqUEQRM

Master Rudy
7th June 2011, 03:58 AM
James Bond:
Ii1tc493bZM

The James Bond theme has always been a classic that's been redone time and again for each of the actors and eras. Personally however my favorite version is the one used for Pierce Brosnan's first two films (Goldeneye and Tommorow Never Dies)

fa3lJsHnEnw

Of course the new version they did for Daniel Craig is also pretty good. It's got a retro feel that sounds very close to the original version of it from Dr. No while still having new elements to it.

1qLl1MilV18