PDA

View Full Version : Reccommend a bad movie that you liked

Zak
11th June 2011, 12:31 AM
Title says it all. Reccommend me a movie that received mostly shitty reviews but happens to be a guilty pleasure to you.

Just wondering because somehow I happen to enjoy a lot of bad movies and feel like watching something

Blademaster
11th June 2011, 12:45 AM
Skyline.

classy_cat18
11th June 2011, 01:22 PM
The Transformers movies. Your mileage may vary but they don't seem very well-received among nerds. But they're still good for robot action and BAY-SPLOSIONS!

What else? Miss Congeniality is a movie that I always have to watch when it comes on TV. The water glass scene is one of my favorite scenes.

Oh, and Wild Wild West. It has Will Smith in it. Don't judge me.

DarkestLight
11th June 2011, 01:28 PM
o.O All SyFy Original Movies :O

DivineAll
11th June 2011, 01:51 PM
I don't know why many people dislike them, but I liked both Fantastic 4 movies. I honestly didn't see anything wrong with them, except maybe the jokes and casting choices. At least they're both better than the 1994 version.

classy_cat18
11th June 2011, 02:14 PM
At least they're both better than the 1994 version.

There was a 1994 version?

mattbcl
11th June 2011, 02:33 PM
Oh my god, the '94 version of Fantastic Four. Yes, there was, and what I've seen of it was absolutely terrible. I agree that the more current ones are far superior in every aspect.

Okay, so as for my recommendation? Number one, The Spirit. This is another one where, as classy_cat18 puts it, "your mileage may vary". Frankly, I thought it was terrible, but at the same time, I couldn't help but enjoy every single minute of it. It's the perfect modern film to MST if you've got a couple hours to kill and you're at a party where there's no chicks or booze.

Number two is The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra. It was DESIGNED to be an awful movie, and therein lies its incredible humor. You're supposed to laugh at the bad acting, nonsensical plot/script, and cheesy D-movie special effects.

DarkestLight
11th June 2011, 03:16 PM
:/ 94 Fantastic Four was awesome. I dunno what yer talking about

ChobiChibi
11th June 2011, 03:28 PM
Blazing Saddles. Spent the whole film going "wtf?" til the end... Oh god, the ending comes from no where. So weird and funny though.

Link
11th June 2011, 07:23 PM
Dr. Doolittle. All of them.

abunaidesu
11th June 2011, 08:02 PM
jennifer's body

DarkestLight
11th June 2011, 08:20 PM
Oh ok I'm back. New crappy movie that I watch. Money Talks. That movie is amazing :D

Magmar
12th June 2011, 08:29 AM
Krull.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fa/Krull.jpg

This is the shittiest movie ever but it's so funny when intoxicated. Really. It's the perfect party flick. Nobody pays attention except to laugh at the ridiculous monster.

Zak
12th June 2011, 10:02 AM
jennifer's body

Hah, I heard about that, was actually planning to watch it.

Dryk
13th June 2011, 12:18 AM
Black Sheep.

It's about were-sheep, and one boy(man?)'s battle to survive. Instant classic.

Asilynne
13th June 2011, 11:14 AM
Congo, Waterworld, The Postman. All three of these movies were ripped apart by either critics or the Nostalgia Critic but I love them all! The first two I watched over and over as a child and the third I love the whole post apocalyptic theme and the world it was set in :>

I also adore Mad Max, Thunderdome in particular ^v^

Edit: And Soldier, I love that movie too <3

Zak
13th June 2011, 06:00 PM
Black Sheep.

It's about were-sheep, and one boy(man?)'s battle to survive. Instant classic.

Hahaha I remember seeing the trailer for that and thinking it was fake, considering how ridiculous it looked.

DarkestLight
13th June 2011, 06:56 PM
Black Sheep is awesome! Omfg I love that movie

Link
13th June 2011, 07:40 PM
Tommy Boy is another good movie.

Deadwood_Zen
13th June 2011, 09:50 PM
Black Sheep was an awesome movie. I wish they would do a Black Sheep/Shaun the Sheep Hybrid, just because.

Manos: Hands of Fate is the definition of "bad movie" at it's best. I liked the MST3K version, as my headache afterwards was somewhat bearable thanks to their as-always clever commentary.

Dryk
13th June 2011, 11:23 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Evil Dead series. I particularly enjoyed Evil Dead II. Funny little horror spoof.

Edit: RSW and Deadwood.... duly noted.

RedStarWarrior
14th June 2011, 12:33 AM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Evil Dead series. I particularly enjoyed Evil Dead II. Funny little horror spoof.
They aren't really bad movies, though.

Despite setting out to make spoofs, the Evil Dead series ends up on lists of best horror movies.

Deadwood_Zen
14th June 2011, 12:40 AM
The Evil Dead series is a classic and Bruce Campbell is a god. You should be banned for referring to it as a "bad movie" and calling it a "spoof".

Blademaster
14th June 2011, 11:14 PM
For the first time in history, Deadwood_Zen is absolutely right.

Seriously, Dryk. GTFO.

Deadwood_Zen
15th June 2011, 03:56 AM

Seriously, Dryk. GTFO.
Wait, Blademaster has the capacity to be nice and make a compliment? Albiet at the expense of an insult, but still! There have been two new milestones in the history of TPM on this day :P

Drago
15th June 2011, 05:51 AM
Adding Rumplestiltskin to the echelons of bad movies you should watch. It's enjoyable in its mediocrity.

The Evil Dead series is a classic and Bruce Campbell is a god. You should be banned for referring to it as a "bad movie" and calling it a "spoof".

Seriously, Dryk. GTFO.
http://gamerocity.net/wp-content/gallery/randomness/nerdrage.jpg

Dark Sage
15th June 2011, 09:37 AM
Okay, Star Wars fans might hate me for this, but I thought that The Phantom Menace wasn't half bad. In fact, I kinda liked all three of the prequels.

classy_cat18
15th June 2011, 11:28 AM
Okay, Star Wars fans might hate me for this, but I thought that The Phantom Menace wasn't half bad. In fact, I kinda liked all three of the prequels.

I'm with you, man. CG Yoda was awesome.

Deadwood_Zen
15th June 2011, 04:15 PM
I saw nothing wrong with the prequel series. Maybe it was because I'm a "second-gen" fan, and grew up with them coming out, but they aren't as bad as everyone puts them up to be. I think most people hated Phantom Menace for Jar Jar, though. I personally though he was okay. Not the best, but okay.

Magmar
15th June 2011, 09:40 PM
Click.

It was so bad, it was good. Really :P

classy_cat18
15th June 2011, 10:23 PM
Should we extend that love to all non-serious Adam Sandler movies? Because I love The Waterboy.

Mew Master
16th June 2011, 12:12 AM
Star Wars Prequel movies.... shoulda been burned at the scripting process. Honestly turned Darth Vader from a bad-ass into a whiny brat. Even CGI Yoda couldn't save it.

2pR6gtr01Sc
Fast Forward to 6:57 and listen to the commentary. Pretty much sums it up.

I dunno, I like Godzilla movies. Because let's face it. What's better than giant monsters having a massive smack-down in the middle of a metropolitan area?

Though Shark Swarm was wonderful to riff.

Deadwood_Zen
16th June 2011, 03:30 PM
Should we extend that love to all non-serious Adam Sandler movies? Because I love The Waterboy.
I was just about to say...