PDA

View Full Version : I feel like a baby TT.TT

Cynder
20th June 2011, 04:22 PM
I feel like a baby here - everyone's older than me! Please tell me I'm not the youngest one here, is anyone else around 14?

Crystal Mew
20th June 2011, 04:23 PM
haha....nope I'm 25

Deadwood_Zen
20th June 2011, 04:28 PM
Nothing wrong with being the youngest. I've been the youngest member on one of my sites(Rondak's Portal) since I joined. I was 9 at the time xP

Oslo
20th June 2011, 04:30 PM
Fortunately, you seem much more mature/articulate than the average person your age. :D Certainly more than I was when I was fourteen, so you fit in well.

Cynder
20th June 2011, 04:31 PM
Lol, I joined a long desceased forum at the age of 9 too xD Ahh well, I feel a little better that there is actually someone that isn't over ten years older than me.

EDIT: Thanks Oslo, I'm not a little smartass for nothing! xD When you live (well, have to endure school with) a bunch of illiterate idiots, you come to appreciate the little thing like spelling and grammar a lot more. Not like I'm perfect at it or anything, but, whatever. xD

Blademaster
20th June 2011, 06:01 PM
How old are you exactly?

Magmar
20th June 2011, 06:07 PM
haha....nope I'm 25

I'm joining you in quarter century-dom in a couple weeks! :partyhat: .... :rolleyes:

Hello quarter life crisis <3 what will I buy

Asilynne
20th June 2011, 06:13 PM
I'm 27 so no, sorry I'm an old lady ;D

Fett One
20th June 2011, 06:26 PM
Sorry but I just turned 28 yesterday.

Jeff
20th June 2011, 06:54 PM
26 right here.

Shadow Wolf
20th June 2011, 07:15 PM
I'm 27 so no, sorry I'm an old lady ;D

What? But wasn't 25-40 the prime time of our lives? If that's getting old then...

*shivers* ...and I'm only 22... (joined TPM at 17, I believe)

Lady Vulpix
20th June 2011, 07:32 PM
I'm 32, but don't worry. Age doesn't mean much around here. It's how you act and how you interact with others that matter. Back when I joined, I was 21 and I was playing games on TPM with people who were 11. And I'm still friends with my 6th grade teacher who's in her fifties, but she's not on TPM.

Asilynne
20th June 2011, 07:47 PM
What? But wasn't 25-40 the prime time of our lives? If that's getting old then...

*shivers* ...and I'm only 22... (joined TPM at 17, I believe)

Yeah Ben always says I'm not old, I just feel like I'm getting old x.x I have a biological clock telling me I'm running out of time lol

Number1ChanseyFan
20th June 2011, 08:33 PM
XD Well I was only 15 when I first registered for TPM and most people here will agree that I am not much more mature now than I was then. ^_^

mattbcl
20th June 2011, 08:55 PM
Same as Jeff.

Becky
20th June 2011, 09:22 PM
27. ^_^... but I feel a lot younger!

Deadwood_Zen
20th June 2011, 10:55 PM
Does it count if we feel too old?

Metallixs Girl
20th June 2011, 11:01 PM
I'm 26, and I joined TPM when I was 16. Pokemon and TPM ASB are just so much fun. :)

I just realized it's my 10-year TPM Anniversary! (well Febuary was) Cool.

Drago
20th June 2011, 11:26 PM
"You're only as old as the woman you feel."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/38/Groucho_Marx.jpg/250px-Groucho_Marx.jpg

Cynder
21st June 2011, 01:58 AM
How old are you exactly?

14 at the moment, 15 in near the end of October. There's about 10 years between me and most of the other members! xD

Crazy Elf Boy
21st June 2011, 03:04 AM
Yeh I am just over the 20 mark myself at 21, though you shouldn't feel too bad. As most people have said you seem to be mature for your age. Well at least more mature then some of the 14 year olds I teach.

Deadwood_Zen
21st June 2011, 07:40 AM
"You're only as old as the woman you feel."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/38/Groucho_Marx.jpg/250px-Groucho_Marx.jpg
"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read"

shazza
21st June 2011, 08:03 AM
I joined TPM when I was 11. I am now 22. :)

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
21st June 2011, 10:49 AM
I'm 34 myself. I still feel as young as ever though.

Bear
21st June 2011, 12:19 PM
I'm almost 27 but I act 14 so we'll get along just fine :D

MeLoVeGhOsTs
21st June 2011, 12:31 PM
21 as well. That's five years of legal belgian drinking, fuck yeah!

crown34
21st June 2011, 12:47 PM
Funny thing is that most of the active members are in the 20's or older...

Lady Vulpix
21st June 2011, 01:21 PM
Wow, shazza has spent half his life on TPM!

Zak
21st June 2011, 02:27 PM
23 here, but I'm pretty sure I was 13 when I joined...

Blademaster
21st June 2011, 03:31 PM
14 at the moment, 15 in near the end of October. There's about 10 years between me and most of the other members! xD

Then congratulations, you're the youngest active member of TPM. :hellyeah:

I joined when I was 18... Now I'm 23... Not as impressive as everyone else here, but... eh...

Also, Groucho Marx in this topic. I approve immensely.

Oslo
21st June 2011, 03:34 PM
I joined when I was a wee lad of 20. Now I'm a more jaded, cynical man of 21.

Oh, how the years pass with such cruel speed. :cry:

Blademaster
21st June 2011, 03:36 PM
Oslo you are quickly becoming one of my favorite people on this site. :yes:

Oslo
21st June 2011, 03:56 PM
Blade, I think this might just be the beginning of a long and epic bromance.

Pichu Luver
21st June 2011, 05:49 PM
I'm 23 and I was 13 when I joined. Still feels like I left high school only yesterday tho. :round:

Darth CookieMonster
21st June 2011, 06:11 PM
I am 16, Sophmore year of Highschool is over on Thursday.

And r u kidding? everybody loves Oslo!

Deadwood_Zen
21st June 2011, 08:48 PM
Also, Groucho Marx in this topic. I approve immensely.
First Bruce Campbell, and now this? It's getting harder for me to enjoy irritating you -,-

[QUOTE=Darth CookieMonster;505386]Sophmore year of Highschool is over on Thursday. /QUOTE]
Really? This is our second week of break! Explains why Nevada is now 51st out of 50 states(yes, we're behind Puerto Rico) in education. Oh, and Lyon County is one of the worst of us too. Highest dropout rate and bouncing between highest and second-highest teen pregnancy rate. AMERICA!

woz
21st June 2011, 09:02 PM
i'm buff as fuck

come at me bro

classy_cat18
21st June 2011, 10:00 PM
I'll be 27 next month. If it makes you feel better, I feel 14. XD

Blademaster
21st June 2011, 11:40 PM
First Bruce Campbell, and now this? It's getting harder for me to enjoy irritating you -,-

The feeling isn't mutual.

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/fuck-you.jpg

firepokemon
21st June 2011, 11:45 PM
16 when I joined which I always felt made me feel really old and 27 now.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
22nd June 2011, 12:45 AM
I would love to be 14 years old again. I'd still be stuck at school, getting good grades. I wouldn't be too old for anything. And no medication!

Bear
22nd June 2011, 08:40 AM
just realized Oslo has been posting a blistering average of 5 times per day since he joined last year. Mine is like...0.48? XD

Cynder
22nd June 2011, 09:22 AM
You're talking like being stuck in school is a good thing Mikachu... When all you're doing is excruciatingly boring coursework - I'd rather be anywhere but there. BTEC courses are painful -.-

Oslo
22nd June 2011, 09:50 AM
just realized Oslo has been posting a blistering average of 5 times per day since he joined last year. Mine is like...0.48? XD

To be fair, a lot of that is ASB stuff rather than regular forum posts... and I'm also geographically isolated from most other human beings my age during the summer. :D

ChobiChibi
22nd June 2011, 11:39 AM
BTEC in what? I nearly did something similar instead of A Levels. Mmm forensics.

I'm 21, but was 14 when I joined. Its probably one of the few constants in my life lol.

mattbcl
22nd June 2011, 11:57 AM
Cynder - you say that now but wait until you're our age. Then you'll catch yourself one day wishing that you had enjoyed the years of your youth a little more than you did, when all you had to worry about was coursework, and not how you're going to feed yourself or keep a roof over your head.

...God, I sound like my parents. The circle is now complete.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
22nd June 2011, 12:04 PM
For me, school was the only place to see girls, if you don't count the ones in my substitute family. And those were forbidden. All that is written in my old topic 'Truth About Mikachu Yukitatsu'. Aside from videogames, Pokemon and other escapism, being good at school and seeing girls at school gave me positive energy.

Crystal Tears
22nd June 2011, 12:15 PM
I'm 23 and I was 13 when I joined. Still feels like I left high school only yesterday tho. :round:

... That would've made me ten when I joined this place..? Or did I join a year after you? I remember you getting all pissy because I'd hang over your shoulder and ask "What's that? What are you typing? Can I join?" :P

Hrr, 21 now. But not the oldest :)

nsmbwii
22nd June 2011, 12:23 PM
Actually, I'm 14 right now, and will become 15 in August, So I'm the closest to your age. I don't think their are any other teens other then Armatyle, but he doesn't get on Pokemasters despite how many times he says he will. If he did get on more often, then he would be the youngest as he only had a birthday a month ago.

Bear
22nd June 2011, 12:28 PM
Yeah enjoy school as much as you can, because once you're out all you're going to want is to go back. Real life has its perks and it's nice to feel like a complete adult, but being in school definitely had a ton less responsibilities and things to remember.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
22nd June 2011, 12:41 PM
I constantly have dreams of being at school again. Then I wake up, disappointed.

Katie
22nd June 2011, 12:43 PM
Oh my god you were shitting diapers when Pokemon came to America.

Cynder
22nd June 2011, 01:30 PM
BTEC in what? I nearly did something similar instead of A Levels. Mmm forensics.

I'm 21, but was 14 when I joined. Its probably one of the few constants in my life lol.

I have to do BTEC Science (filler until I'm old enough to start GCSE next year), Business Studies (Option - I picked it 'cos it sounded good, they fed us a whole load of crap about setting up our own business. So far - a load of random word documents and powerpoints about business structures), ICT (It was compulsery, and boy am I glad :D the coursework is annoying though), tetiles (there were no spaces left in art, so textiles was the next best thing), and that's pretty much all of them. I really wish that those subjects were GCSE rather than BTEC, coursework drags like hell D: especially when you have to get a distinction in all of the tasks too. (basically an A*/A+ to all of the none brits or people who don't understand what a BTEC is)

Cynder - you say that now but wait until you're our age. Then you'll catch yourself one day wishing that you had enjoyed the years of your youth a little more than you did, when all you had to worry about was coursework, and not how you're going to feed yourself or keep a roof over your head.

...God, I sound like my parents. The circle is now complete.

Yeah, but when you're an adult you can get a job, earn money and buy whatever the hell you want if you get a good enough job. And I plan to, just 'cos I'm awesome! (That is, if I can afford uni... £9000 per year? D: )

Actually, I'm 14 right now, and will become 15 in August, So I'm the closest to your age. I don't think their are any other teens other then Armatyle, but he doesn't get on Pokemasters despite how many times he says he will. If he did get on more often, then he would be the youngest as he only had a birthday a month ago.

YES ANOTHER 14 YEAR OLD! :D

Yeah enjoy school as much as you can, because once you're out all you're going to want is to go back. Real life has its perks and it's nice to feel like a complete adult, but being in school definitely had a ton less responsibilities and things to remember.

Meh, school depresses me. The work's fine, but the people are dicks. Why do I have to go to such a crappy school? D:

Oh my god you were shitting diapers when Pokemon came to America.

Yup, my first pokemon game was Crystal. I loved that game - until my younger brother dropped it down the toilet and it no longer works. Gah D:

ChobiChibi
22nd June 2011, 01:56 PM
D'awwwww!! You're a little year niner! X3 That's so cute! We were made to do ICT at GCSE, the only reason I got a D overall was because I'd managed to get a G on the coursework XD

Hey, thanks to the undergrad fees going up, my MA course is gonna be £7,500 this year, and £12,000 the year after. I wouldn't worry about it though, it may all change before you get to uni anyway :3

Also, I'm so curious to where you live. Cos you said you went to Wales recently, and I'm from Bristol (hey there bridges that connect Bristol to Wales). I promise I'm not a stalker. Promise. I only stalk Crystal Tears <3

Mew Master
22nd June 2011, 01:57 PM
I feel old. I'm 26 and have a Masters' Degree in Paleontology, and I've been part of this place since I was 16. o.o

Cynder
22nd June 2011, 02:01 PM
D'awwwww!! You're a little year niner! X3 That's so cute! We were made to do ICT at GCSE, the only reason I got a D overall was because I'd managed to get a G on the coursework XD

Hey, thanks to the undergrad fees going up, my MA course is gonna be £7,500 this year, and £12,000 the year after. I wouldn't worry about it though, it may all change before you get to uni anyway :3

Also, I'm so curious to where you live. Cos you said you went to Wales recently, and I'm from Bristol (hey there bridges that connect Bristol to Wales). I promise I'm not a stalker. Promise. I only stalk Crystal Tears <3

Yup, I'm a cute little year niner x3 I've already completed my maths GCSEs though, we sarted really early on those. Start of year 8 to be exact. I got an A! :D

Let's just hope it gets lower, not higher... D:

I live in a not so lovely town just outside of Liverpool, famous for a certain bridge. THE SHAME! D: I've been to Bristol as well, we go there every summer to go shopping when we go to Somerset on holiday :3 I OFFICIALLY LOVE CABOT CIRCUS AND I'M JEALOUS YOU LIVE SO NEAR IT!

ChobiChibi
22nd June 2011, 02:09 PM
Nooooo!! Not another Northerner! D: XD

CABOT CIRCUS IS AWESOME. I used to live a 15 minute walk away from it. It was a big shock though, going away to Uni for 4 months and then coming back to having this HUGE thing spring up from no where. There's so much designer stuff in there though, can't afford it ^^; Loads of Nintendo events happen in the Game there also. In general, Bristol is awesome. Ask MM. He knows. He was there for my 20th birthday, but I was not XD

I don't know much about the north, so I have no idea what that famous bridge is XD Pop in and say hi next time you holiday in Somerset! 8D

Cynder
22nd June 2011, 02:15 PM
Nooooo!! Not another Northerner! D: XD

CABOT CIRCUS IS AWESOME. I used to live a 15 minute walk away from it. It was a big shock though, going away to Uni for 4 months and then coming back to having this HUGE thing spring up from no where. There's so much designer stuff in there though, can't afford it ^^; Loads of Nintendo events happen in the Game there also. In general, Bristol is awesome. Ask MM. He knows. He was there for my 20th birthday, but I was not XD

I don't know much about the north, so I have no idea what that famous bridge is XD Pop in and say hi next time you holiday in Somerset! 8D

I'm a northerner, but I wish I lived in the south D: It's so much prettier and cleaner and nicer and less smoky and greener and less decrepit (sp?)... You get the point.

Lol, that 'huge thing' is incredibly awesome. I'm the same though, I can't afford most of the things in there, but I buy them anyway. SCREW IT! xD I kind of hope that a nintendo event is on in GAME when we go this year, it'd be interesting to go to.

You're lucky that you don't know... D: I'd love to visit ya, but my parents would consider meeting someone I met on the internet somewhat strange to say the least xD

Little_Pikachu
22nd June 2011, 03:53 PM
Hey, I was in Bristol a couple of weeks ago, we tracked down the place that sells the Scooby Burger, a few of my mates got it but I couldn't justify it to myself.

Oh, on topic. Yeah, you're young but it doesn't matter here. A lot of people here spent most of their youth on this site and we will encourage you to do the same ;)

ChobiChibi
22nd June 2011, 04:01 PM
Scooby Burger? Where can I get myself one of those? Never heard of them O_o

Little_Pikachu
22nd June 2011, 04:03 PM
Burger (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Britains-Biggest-Burger-On-Sale-The-Super-Scooby-In-Jolly-Fryer-Bristol/Article/200909415394232)
really never heard of it?

I had a regular burger from that place and it was nice, but I think that one is a bit much!

Cynder
22nd June 2011, 04:12 PM
That burger is very impressive O.o

ChobiChibi
22nd June 2011, 04:14 PM
The fact that the burger is in Filton explains a lot...

However, will seek it out >_>;;

Darth CookieMonster
22nd June 2011, 04:52 PM
Poop. *runs away* *trips* *Keeps running*

Blademaster
22nd June 2011, 08:21 PM
I raise. (http://www.cheese-burger.net/images/eric_badlands_booker_burger.jpg)

Ghost
22nd June 2011, 11:51 PM
I was either 8 or 9 when I joined here back in the day... I'm 18 now... :/

Katie
24th June 2011, 09:47 AM
england stop trying to be america

"The Jolly Fryer takeaway in Filton, Bristol, is selling the meal for £10 - and will give anyone who can finish it in one sitting a free can of diet coke." wow what a prize!!

Cynder
25th June 2011, 06:05 AM
I'd say the pride of eating the biggest burger in Bristol is a pretty good prize, no? Bragging rights!

Leon-IH
25th June 2011, 03:02 PM
You're talking like being stuck in school is a good thing Mikachu... When all you're doing is excruciatingly boring coursework - I'd rather be anywhere but there. BTEC courses are painful -.-

Wait until you've done a few 50+ hour weeks in an excruciatingly boring job. School isn't fun, and anyone who says "oh its the best years of your life" probably has a shitty life, but it's still not all that bad.

Cynder
25th June 2011, 03:14 PM
Jeebuz, life can't be good for me then -.- Is anything not boring anymore?

Toucan Sundae
25th June 2011, 05:04 PM
I feel like a baby here - everyone's older than me! Please tell me I'm not the youngest one here, is anyone else around 14? I was fourteen 2 years ago, does that count?

Wait until you start GCSEs, they're boring as fuck.

Cynder
25th June 2011, 05:29 PM
Already have. I was entered really early :P

ChobiChibi
25th June 2011, 05:38 PM
MOAR BRITS?! *squee!*

Wait until you realise you have no education left. Potentially, anyway. When yer stuck in a crappy retail job that you're more than overqualified for when you could be earning at least 4 times your current hourly wage in the job that you actually want.

Ew, I sound old and grumpy :/ YAY MOAR BRITS!

Katie
25th June 2011, 05:38 PM
college is part of school, those are absolutely the best years of your life

Oslo
25th June 2011, 06:23 PM
Whenever I get stuck thinking about how frustrating life currently is and how amazing it would be to go back to high school/undergrad/whatever, I just think about all the bad times and the ways those periods sucked shit. Then I genuinely feel better.

Nothing like pessimism to keep me happy. <3

Knight of Time
25th June 2011, 07:17 PM
I was 17 when I joined here 11 years ago.

Simple math problem here if you guys don't know my age.

jk, I'm 28 now.

I'm used to seeing newbies joining at the age of 12 and under, there's no problem with that (I can't help checking the age of someone new, mainly to see how close to my age they are), although in one of those instances, I might have bitten off more than I could chew (not trying to offend this person, but this person slightly intimidated me).

Samchu
25th June 2011, 07:31 PM
I honestly cannot remember how old I was when I joined TPM. Couldn't have been long after C_T so maybe 12? Somewhere around there. Either way I've been around here for about 10 years.

I agree, Uni = best years of my life so far. Even though looking back it hasn't exactly been the ideal college experience and there are things I would change, no other part of my life compares to it. Maybe that's why I'm signing up for at least 4 more years. Hated high school though. With a passion. I had to sit listening to so many d*ckheads. And the idiot things some people would come up with...any of you guys have to sit through "the crotch game"? Urgh...and A-Level wasn't much better. 20+ people in a class where only 4/5 of them actually want to be there. Uni is SO much better. Aside from the compulsories that pretty much everyone suffers through, people are at least picking courses they have some interest in. At least at my Uni ^^.

And what is with all these northern brits? Everyone knows the south is better. XP

Cynder
26th June 2011, 02:46 PM
MOAR BRITS?! *squee!*

Wait until you realise you have no education left. Potentially, anyway. When yer stuck in a crappy retail job that you're more than overqualified for when you could be earning at least 4 times your current hourly wage in the job that you actually want.

Ew, I sound old and grumpy :/ YAY MOAR BRITS!

Ahhhhhhhhhh depression! D: MOAR BRITS! WE'RE TAKING OVER :D

Whenever I get stuck thinking about how frustrating life currently is and how amazing it would be to go back to high school/undergrad/whatever, I just think about all the bad times and the ways those periods sucked shit. Then I genuinely feel better.

Nothing like pessimism to keep me happy. <3

Pessimism is the way of life mah friend.

I honestly cannot remember how old I was when I joined TPM. Couldn't have been long after C_T so maybe 12? Somewhere around there. Either way I've been around here for about 10 years.

I agree, Uni = best years of my life so far. Even though looking back it hasn't exactly been the ideal college experience and there are things I would change, no other part of my life compares to it. Maybe that's why I'm signing up for at least 4 more years. Hated high school though. With a passion. I had to sit listening to so many d*ckheads. And the idiot things some people would come up with...any of you guys have to sit through "the crotch game"? Urgh...and A-Level wasn't much better. 20+ people in a class where only 4/5 of them actually want to be there. Uni is SO much better. Aside from the compulsories that pretty much everyone suffers through, people are at least picking courses they have some interest in. At least at my Uni ^^.

And what is with all these northern brits? Everyone knows the south is better. XP

I hate high school too. With a passion. Full of a bunch of d*ckheads, as you put it. (I don't even want to know what the crotch game is O.o

Oh no you did not just say the south is better! :P

Blademaster
26th June 2011, 07:47 PM
The South is never better.

Ever.

Anywhere.

crown34
26th June 2011, 07:57 PM
There are so many British people here...I think I'm the only Asian.

Leon-IH
27th June 2011, 03:07 AM

Ever.

Anywhere.

Unless you're south of the equator, in which case the South is always better. Interesting fact: the northern part of Australia is like the South in America - shitload of backwards values and rednecks. It seems like the closer us white people get to the equator the more retarded we get.

ChobiChibi
27th June 2011, 05:20 AM
The south is defo better here! London is down here. And Bristol. And all the nice beaches. And Brighton. And Glastonbury. Those kind of epic places.

Magmar
27th June 2011, 07:06 AM
There are so many British people here...I think I'm the only Asian.

No, you're not the only Asian here. I don't think it's proper for me to just list off members who are Asian or live in Asia but, they are here!

High school felt like the best years of your life until college. College feels like it was the best years of my life and now I'm starting grad school. I'm sure I'll always prefer the most recent awesome things because of the recency error (people tend to put more weight on things that happened recently when evaluating an overall picture... such as in performance appraisals. So don't go to work late the month you get your review, but feel free to suck in the other 11 months!)

Toucan Sundae
27th June 2011, 08:48 AM
The south is defo better here! London is down here. And Bristol. And all the nice beaches. And Brighton. And Glastonbury. Those kind of epic places.

Yeah, but we have NEW Brighton.

ChobiChibi
27th June 2011, 08:54 AM
Well, we have the OLD Brighton, with a lovely pier, pebble beach, and lots of homosexuals <3

Mew Master
27th June 2011, 09:27 AM
Apparently on earth, the closer to the equator you are, the more redneck you turn out to be...

Toucan Sundae
27th June 2011, 09:53 AM
Well, we have the OLD Brighton, with a lovely pier, pebble beach, and lots of homosexuals <3

That's just a New Brighton wannabe.

Cynder
27th June 2011, 11:24 AM
Enough talk about the north and south divide... We're mainly on the west, right? So let's unite and say the west is better! :P

Toucan Sundae
27th June 2011, 12:59 PM
Enough talk about the north and south divide... We're mainly on the west, right? So let's unite and say the west is better! :P

North-West is best.

ChobiChibi
27th June 2011, 06:09 PM
West coast's the best coast :D

South West, duh. I've got a brand new combine harvester, do you?

Toucan Sundae
27th June 2011, 06:17 PM
West coast's the best coast :D

South West, duh. I've got a brand new combine harvester, do you?

No. I have the Lake District

Cynder
28th June 2011, 01:55 AM
Yup, west is better :3 (But, for the record, north west FTW)

Dark-San
1st July 2011, 07:31 AM
I am forever 16.

*Damn, I wish I can say that just one more time!*

Blademaster
1st July 2011, 02:25 PM
Northeast represent...

...Actually, it seems like pretty much everyone around the Atlantic is OK. England, Canada, northern U.S., Caribbean, a lot of Europe...

Mikachu Yukitatsu
3rd July 2011, 12:19 AM
...but not Finland. We don't even have an access to the Atlantic.

Anyways, I thought this topic was about Cynder feeling like a baby, now it's mainly like "where are you from?"

ChobiChibi
6th July 2011, 07:28 AM
So back on topic(ish), I just got on the bus to work and was charged a child single. I'm 21 but still apparently look under 16. Fantastic!

Blademaster
6th July 2011, 02:43 PM
Same here. I'm 23 but I still get carded at fucking R-rated movies.

:mad:

:cool:

:madcool:

Cynder
6th July 2011, 03:04 PM
So back on topic(ish), I just got on the bus to work and was charged a child single. I'm 21 but still apparently look under 16. Fantastic!

I'm the bloody opposite, nobody believes I'm 14 ¬¬' Bus drivers hate me - they think I'm trying to on them out of money - and at the cinema I'm charged as a student instead of a child. Same price like, so it doesn't make a difference. Plus, I'm constantly asked if I have a student card in whaever shop I go to.

Toucan Sundae
6th July 2011, 03:24 PM
For me, I can buy and see 18 rated films, but they won't let me trade in 15 rated games without ID

Cynder
6th July 2011, 03:57 PM
When I was nine I unintentionally (I bought the wrong game) bought a 15 rated Sims (wanted Sims 2) game and didn't even get asked if I was old enough. What the heck?!

Toucan Sundae
6th July 2011, 04:01 PM
When I was nine I unintentionally (I bought the wrong game) bought a 15 rated Sims (wanted Sims 2) game and didn't even get asked if I was old enough. What the heck?!

Years ago, it was okay, but now-a-days, it is anyone but the parents' fault if their child does something stupid, so they've made it very strict on what you buy.

As in; I have to look 19 to trade in 16 games.

ChobiChibi
6th July 2011, 04:57 PM
I'm always different when it comes to games and films... I bought Dragon Age: Origins (an 18) and didn't get ID'd, but I bought Role Models (a 15) and was ID'd... It's just stupid! I can go to a pub and not get asked though... How does this work?

Cynder
6th July 2011, 04:58 PM
That's retarded, my younger brother's obsessed with wrestling and buys 15 rated games all the time, and he doesn't look old :/ He's 11. They must be really strict about it where you live or something.

Toucan Sundae
6th July 2011, 05:04 PM
I'm always different when it comes to games and films... I bought Dragon Age: Origins (an 18) and didn't get ID'd, but I bought Role Models (a 15) and was ID'd... It's just stupid! I can go to a pub and not get asked though... How does this work?

It's only alcohol. It's not like it makes you do stupid things, like video games or films.

Telume
6th July 2011, 05:44 PM
It's only alcohol. It's not like it makes you do stupid things, like video games or films.

^ This.

Also, I find it REALLY funny some places don't ask you for ID when you pass a card as credit either.

mymyilikepie
8th July 2011, 04:50 PM
Shit... You guys are old...
I'm only 13...

Mikachu Yukitatsu
9th July 2011, 12:54 AM
By the way, this thread reminds me of something my history teacher said. "People are stupidest at the age of 13 or 14." I was 15 when I heard him say that, so I agreed, but time after time, I notice my own stupidity again and again and disagree. He teaches kids of that age to be exact, so he should know though.

mymyilikepie
9th July 2011, 04:58 AM
By the way, this thread reminds me of something my history teacher said. "People are stupidest at the age of 13 or 14." I was 15 when I heard him say that, so I agreed, but time after time, I notice my own stupidity again and again and disagree. He teaches kids of that age to be exact, so he should know though.

IM noT Shtupiddz

ChobiChibi
9th July 2011, 06:20 AM
Speaking of IDing, this kid who looked no more than 13 tried to buy lighters from me at work. It was so satisfying asking this kid if he had any ID and denying him fire. Gutted.

RedStarWarrior
9th July 2011, 09:47 AM
I've been given the alcohol list at restaurants since I was 16 when I asked what they had to drink.

Feels good not to be carded.

Telume
9th July 2011, 12:07 PM
If I have facial hair, I don't get carded. When I shave... I get carded.

Blademaster
9th July 2011, 03:11 PM
Shit... You guys are old...
I'm only 13...

That makes you the youngest person on TPM.

Congratulations, squirt. :wave:

Cynder
10th July 2011, 10:49 AM
YES I'M NO LONGER THE YOUNGEST!! :D

Becky
10th July 2011, 11:58 AM
There's a lot of responses I want to quote, particularly since I find it interesting that a lot of TPMers regard undergrad as some of the best years. Then again, I went straight on to an MA and PhD-- some things have changed, some haven't..

I teach undergraduates- sometimes it makes me feel young because I often get asked "How old are you?" on the first day....and other times, there's some irritating students. Don't get me started on the variety of excuses I've heard from students not turning in work on time, missing class, etc. Like anything else, I suppose. :)

Lady Vulpix
10th July 2011, 02:12 PM
I teach undergraduate students too! And MA students, because the subject I teach is mostly for MA but most students take it on the last semester before they get their bachelor degree, since once they've made it that far most of them want to go for a Master.

Asilynne
10th July 2011, 02:20 PM

Ever.

Anywhere.

South Australia is very nice ;D

And I got carded to see the movie Kickass. I was 26 at the time...wtf lol

Toucan Sundae
10th July 2011, 02:35 PM
YES I'M NO LONGER THE YOUNGEST!! :D

No, you're the second youngest. This makes you the ignored middle child.

Cynder
10th July 2011, 03:03 PM
No, you're the second youngest. This makes you the ignored middle child.

Bugger off. -.-

ChobiChibi
10th July 2011, 03:25 PM
Nah, in the grand scheme of things, most of us early-20s are the middle children. Yer still the babies ^^

Also, bugger lol <3

Blademaster
10th July 2011, 04:37 PM
South Australia is very nice ;D

Australia in its entirety is a barren shithole. Even in the unlikely event that SA is superior to, say, anything east of it, that's still only about as good as being the least stinky dog turd in the garden.

Asilynne
10th July 2011, 04:58 PM
Australia in its entirety is a barren shithole. Even in the unlikely event that SA is superior to, say, anything east of it, that's still only about as good as being the least stinky dog turd in the garden.

Says the guy that's never been there :D

Toucan Sundae
10th July 2011, 05:15 PM
Bugger off. -.-I'd prefer it if you'd go all Tracy Beaker and go 'Bog Off.'

Drago
11th July 2011, 02:42 AM
Originally Posted by Blademaster
You're not awesome. You come from Australia. NOTHING from Australia is awesome except maybe shazza and koalas. Koalas are badass.

A barren desert shithole inhabited by 6 people and a few hundred cattle?

It's just like I read about!

Australia? Liveable?

HA. HAHA. AHAHAHAHA. AHAHA. HAHA. HA. HAAAA...

Wha...?

Why make a topic about PBR NOW? I knew Australia got games later than the civilized world, but holy shit.

What's this all about? Does some sort of sport exist in Australia?

Australia in a war? The Hell would you guys do, throw empty beer bottles and your endless supply of killer plants, animals, and rocks out of airplanes flying over the country you were fighting?

My trip to Australia was cancelled.A brush with death, narrowly avoided.

I thought Australia was always last?

Oh wait, they just don't get the games at all. My mistake.

Sorry, not even Pokemon can survive in your arid death hole. You'll have to play a more suited video game.

Oh wait, video games are banned in Australia for being too violent and the ESRB over there sucking. Guess it's back to playing with dirt for you Aussies, then. Ho hum.

Also lol Australia got fucked up. Gary is kinda cool after all.

...Your jokes weren't funny the first time. Why would you assume them to be funny now?

Cynder
11th July 2011, 03:20 PM
I'd prefer it if you'd go all Tracy Beaker and go 'Bog Off.'

I was going to say fuck off, but that's just vulgar and somewhat rude :P

Wow, Blade, what's with all the hate for the Aussies?

ChobiChibi
11th July 2011, 03:40 PM
I just got ID'd for a 12. Made my day XD Worth it for all the Xmen films for £8.

Cynder
11th July 2011, 03:43 PM
I just got ID'd for a 12. Made my day XD Worth it for all the Xmen films for £8.

Jesus christ... Seriously? Overboard~

Wow, all of them for that much? I've only seen the newest one, but I want to see the rest now xD

Toucan Sundae
11th July 2011, 05:12 PM
I just got ID'd for a 12.Really? For a twelve?! A twelve is more or less a PG with one reference to sex in it. Or one sexual innuendo. Or a tiny bit of blood. And this is in the same country where anyone of any age can buy matches.

Blademaster
11th July 2011, 05:34 PM
Says the guy that's never been there :D

I don't know the name of this fallacy, but I know it's a fallacy.

I don't need to visit a sewage treatment plant to know it stinks like shit. I don't need to visit a volcano to know it's hot, unstable, and dangerous. I don't need to drive a sports car with a pro-KKK sticker on the bumper and Vanilla Ice blaring out the speakers into Harlem at midnight to know I'm going to die.

...Your jokes weren't funny the first time. Why would you assume them to be funny now?

You live in Australia. You're not expected to laugh at it.

Which is ironic considering you live in one of the maybe 3 places on that continent that isn't a hellhole.

Wow, Blade, what's with all the hate for the Aussies?

I don't hate Aussies. I hate the rock they live on because every Goddamn thing on that continent wants you dead.

Asilynne
13th July 2011, 09:29 PM
I don't know the name of this fallacy, but I know it's a fallacy.

I don't need to visit a sewage treatment plant to know it stinks like shit. I don't need to visit a volcano to know it's hot, unstable, and dangerous. I don't need to drive a sports car with a pro-KKK sticker on the bumper and Vanilla Ice blaring out the speakers into Harlem at midnight to know I'm going to die.

Oh you're right, I mean, who could love Australia, what with their beaches,

http://cloud.pleasetakemeto.com/photos/ims-australia/g/glenelg/gallery_630/glenelg-40574.jpg

shopping,

http://martybugs.net/gallery/photos/IMG_A15728_600.jpg

history,

http://www.mlssa.asn.au/nletters/Flinders%20statue.gif

culture and art,

http://www.studyadelaide.com/library/SA%20Museum%20Head.jpg

festivals,

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3497/3700619562_97d0c46776.jpg

wineries,

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/68/196955642_b321dd96d8.jpg

http://www.laucke-merrinapollherefords.com.au/images/photos/Barossa.jpg

http://expertwineguy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/barossa-valley-australia.jpg

It's obviously unlivable.

woz
13th July 2011, 11:30 PM
but its full of australians

abunaidesu
13th July 2011, 11:54 PM
Oh you're right, I mean, who could love Australia, what with their beaches,

http://cloud.pleasetakemeto.com/photos/ims-australia/g/glenelg/gallery_630/glenelg-40574.jpg

shopping,

http://martybugs.net/gallery/photos/IMG_A15728_600.jpg

history,

http://www.mlssa.asn.au/nletters/Flinders%20statue.gif

culture and art,

http://www.studyadelaide.com/library/SA%20Museum%20Head.jpg

festivals,

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3497/3700619562_97d0c46776.jpg

wineries,

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/68/196955642_b321dd96d8.jpg

http://www.laucke-merrinapollherefords.com.au/images/photos/Barossa.jpg

http://expertwineguy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/barossa-valley-australia.jpg

good god, i cant believe california doesnt have any of this!!

Leon-IH
14th July 2011, 02:01 AM
I don't hate Aussies. I hate the rock they live on because every Goddamn thing on that continent wants you dead.

The things in the water are way more deadly than the things on the land, we even locked up the serial killers so the land is pretty safe unless you go stomping in grassy areas pissing off snakes (or turn over rocks, pissing off spiders).

Wombats won't kill you, just fyi - though you may suffer some abrasions or mild leg injuries from one if you annoy it.

mattbcl
14th July 2011, 05:29 AM
At the rate this conversation is going, I'm less inclined to think Australia will kill the average person and more inclined to think it's got special plans for Blade personally. Maybe he's just more attuned to that, you know, survival instinct and everything.

Not to be a Nazi about it (heil Heald), but does anyone else think the topic has drifted a little bit?

Oslo
14th July 2011, 06:23 AM

One time at work I was about to serve a woman a beer and my paranoid boss made me ID her. Turned out she was 40... and she looked it, to be honest. :s: She was flattered; I was embarrassed.

shazza
14th July 2011, 07:44 AM
What's going on in here, mates?

Blademaster
14th July 2011, 12:32 PM

Glad we're in agreement. :)

Also hi shazza.

Samchu
14th July 2011, 05:44 PM
I got ID'd to see Paul at the cinemas. For any non-Brits you have to be 15 to watch that movie. I'm 22. If I go to a gay bar I don't get ID'd but at a straight bar or a store I will be ID'd 90% of the time.

Stores over here have also started implementing a rule where if you by alcohol and someone is with you, they must also present their ID. That sad thing is that I have seen teenagers too stupid to simply leave their underage friend outside the store whilst they buy the alcohol. This generation is our future...

DarkestLight
14th July 2011, 07:17 PM
Stores over here have also started implementing a rule where if you by alcohol and someone is with you, they must also present their ID. That sad thing is that I have seen teenagers too stupid to simply leave their underage friend outside the store whilst they buy the alcohol. This generation is our future...

*Claps-this has been started in NYC too, and dumbasses are incredibly unable to follow this simple logic.*

Drago
14th July 2011, 07:45 PM
Not to be a Nazi about it (heil Heald), but does anyone else think the topic has drifted a little bit?
The thing is, it's still interesting discussion, which makes it okay in my book. Unless the OP isn't keen on it, of course.

Leon-IH
20th July 2011, 07:49 AM
I saw this picture and was reminded of this topic.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhuh4FPwJ1qeawlho1_500.jpg

shazza
20th July 2011, 08:12 AM
-WiO5j89hwU&

I love my country.

Blademaster
20th July 2011, 11:06 PM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhuh4FPwJ1qeawlho1_500.jpg

Was gonna post it way back there, but it wasn't needed.

Still, at least now that pic's in a more accessible place than it was before.

mvtm
23rd July 2011, 09:36 AM
I joined at 12, now i am 22. Well pretty much i still look younger. Just a year of college left and then i will do a postgraduate somewhere abroad Venezuela. Heh, time passes so quickly, i bet some of you are even married!!

Gavin Luper
23rd July 2011, 11:54 AM
If I have facial hair, I don't get carded. When I shave... I get carded.

I got asked for ID last year when I went to buy a pizza in a pub.

I was 22 at the time.

Also, pizza is not alcoholic.

-WiO5j89hwU&

I love my country.

Shazza, this is amazing and is basically an exact representation of my hometown, except we are too small to have trains, so replace the train with a bare expanse of gravel and grass.

Also, Blade, stop hating on my country, jerk.

DarkestLight
23rd July 2011, 12:29 PM
o.O That map/../IS EXACTLY WHY I WANNA GO THERE! I cold fill up that "Nothing" with Excavations ABOUND! Are you SHITTING ME! >_< This is happening.

Whitlea
28th July 2011, 09:29 AM
I'm 20 but I act 14 if it helps? D:

Mew Master
28th July 2011, 09:33 AM
I personally like this map... because it's funny.

http://strangemaps.files.wordpress.com/2006/11/800px-reagan-digitised-poster.JPG