PDA

View Full Version : I PASSED MY ROAD TEST!

Blademaster
23rd June 2011, 04:32 PM
I have a driver's license now. :cawg:

Do you?

Cynder
23rd June 2011, 04:35 PM
Congratulations Blade! And no, I don't have a license, that would be illegal.

Oslo
23rd June 2011, 04:39 PM
Yaaay! Well done. :D

I have a mid-level license which allows me to do just about everything a full license can. I'm going for my full license on Tuesday... :s: I get performance anxiety sometimes and may/may not have started yelling at my instructor during my mid-level road test, which I somehow passed anyway. Hope I don't fuck up.

Asilynne
23rd June 2011, 05:04 PM
Congrats!!! ;D I've had one for 10 years now XD

Shadow Wolf
23rd June 2011, 07:36 PM
Blade has a licence! OMG! SAVE THE CHILDREN!!!

Nah, I'm just joshing! *clears throat to assume serious voice*

Congratulations Blade! I believe it's harder to get a license in any other place than Puerto Rico, so getting the driver's license is a cool achievement for anyone. I've had mine for three years already, but it still frightens me to see myself driving safety while other people do crazy stunts and keep driving unharmed. I guess they're either skilled or lucky. Once again, congratulations.

Watch out roads! Here comes Blade! :hellyeah:

abunaidesu
23rd June 2011, 11:51 PM
Congrats. Did you get marked down for anything?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
24th June 2011, 12:11 AM
Never. I'm afraid of driving. Sometimes, when I'm in my friend's car and he drives, I think 'is it really that easy?'

Anyhow, Congratulations Blade!

Crystal Mew
24th June 2011, 12:28 AM
I've had my license for about 8 years now...lol.

Its weird how a lot of people at tpm are well into their 20's and don't have their drivers license yet...can someone enlighten me on how that is?

oh, congrats! :)

Master Rudy
24th June 2011, 04:53 AM
Its weird how a lot of people at tpm are well into their 20's and don't have their drivers license yet...can someone enlighten me on how that is?

Well I don't speak for myself or everyone else here. However in larger cities such as New York and Los Angeles it isn't unheard of to have people who have never been behind the wheel in their entire life. Why drive and deal with the massive traffic headaches when you have various means of mass transit or could walk everywhere?

With that being said grats on it bro. I've had mine for about eight years now. The best advice I can give may seem like common sense but it's scary how many people don't do this:

Don't text and drive!!!!!

Seriously it's really starting to become a massive problem. Mainly just make sure you follow the traffic laws, use your turn signals, ect. As long as you are careful and don't do anything stupid then really the only issue on the road will be everyone else :P

Also for your first car don't worry about it if it isn't the prettiest thing on the road. Get something you can live with that goes from point A to point B. Something that's affordable.

Telume
24th June 2011, 08:25 AM
Congrats, I'll watch for the car driving backwards on the highway now.

(kidding.)

shazza
24th June 2011, 08:36 AM
I just went from probationary license to full license last month, but I haven't properly driven in like a year due to a retarded accident. My anxiety still flares up for driving, but I know I need to get back on the horse; I enjoy it when I do it. It's more about the parking.

P.S: Congrats!

Bear
24th June 2011, 08:57 AM
awesome now I don't have to drive my ass an hour and a half in the wrong direction to come get you for the TPM DC Convention!

(but I still would if I had to because ilu)

abunaidesu
24th June 2011, 10:15 AM
and Los Angeles it isn't unheard of to have people who have never been behind the wheel in their entire life. Why drive and deal with the massive traffic headaches when you have various means of mass transit or could walk everywhere?

:rolleyes:

The "mass transit" system is basically non-existent or highly undependable considering one bus will come every hour or two. As for walking, not very easy on the freeway..

Most people in L.A actually learn how to drive as soon as they're in high school because having a social life and ability to become independent is contingent upon driving.

Blademaster
24th June 2011, 02:16 PM
Congrats. Did you get marked down for anything?

Parallel parking. A bit too far from the curb. Everything else was fine.

Also I never had a license before because I lived just outside NYC and never needed to go anywhere except college, which I could do via bus and train. Mathematically, it was cheaper than maintaining a car.

Becky
24th June 2011, 07:23 PM
Congrats Blade! :) We'll have to watch out for you on the roads! ;)

Dark-San
25th June 2011, 12:42 AM

Reason 1
The most useless piece of paper (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certificate_of_Entitlement) Owning a vehicle means big time taxation. No way, I am going to pay 55k over the next few years just for the sake of driving.

Reason 2
Lack of time, lack of motivation. /Me is working full time now. The nearest driving centre is like a thirty minute travel away. And given the fact that work is closer to home, I doubt I will be making the effort.

Reason 3
Lack of funds. I am always poor. Besides learning how to drive and paying for the lessons and your driving instructor could potentially racked up to around 5k. That amount would be better spent elsewhere.

And lastly, I am a bum. Unless someone yells at me to make the effort, I would not do a single thing.

Besides Blade, do you own a vehicle? If you do, I better stay clear of the roads the next time I go traveling in the US. *hints at dangerous driving*

Mikachu Yukitatsu
25th June 2011, 05:09 AM
By the way, I'm just curious, did you put your current signature on TPM when you started taking driving lessons? I'm not sure if I remember right, but I think my mother pointed that one out once when she saw me posting at TPM and asked me if you're taking driving lessons. I said that apparently yes.

Magmar
25th June 2011, 07:11 AM
Congratulations, Blade!

I've had my license for over 7 years. I don't have a car ;[

Blademaster
25th June 2011, 02:02 PM
By the way, I'm just curious, did you put your current signature on TPM when you started taking driving lessons?

No. It's just funny to me.

And I don't own my own vehicle yet. I'm gonna start looking for one soon. As long as it has four wheels and an engine, I'll take it. Dashboard preferable, but not required.