PDA

View Full Version : I am over getting drunk

shazza
25th June 2011, 06:01 AM
What is happening? Is this happening to anyone else? Am I maturing? I'm finding it paradoxically to be less inhibited when sober as I'm able to control my thoughts more and not let them manifest in a negative fashion. When I go out, no matter how much I drink, I know it's all just this synthetic happiness. It's all fake.

And the hangover is so bad, mood wise. I haven't vomited from alcohol since August 28, 2010, but the mental hangover is of equal pain to a physical one.

And I am reminded of the proneness to alcoholism that runs in my family.

How's everyone else potential alcoholism treating them?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
25th June 2011, 07:05 AM
First off, if I caught your message correclty, I want to say THAT'S AWESOME SHAZZA! You're on your way to a sober life and that's great, keep it up with thinking that way and you can stop drinking in no time. But also, don't feel depressed either if you find some obstacles and setback, the most important thing then is to take at least two steps onwards for one step backwards.

I have never had a drinking problem, but I have lots of friends with it and am really no person to give tips in fighting against it, but again, THAT'S AWESOME SHAZZA!

Magmar
25th June 2011, 07:08 AM
Nah, I'm pretty over getting drunk, too, and most of my pals are as well. It's something that just happens to most folks in their mid-20s. I still enjoy drinking, I just hardly ever drink to intoxication anymore. It's much more fun in moderation.

Blademaster
25th June 2011, 02:00 PM
Welcome to the world of sensibility!

Katie
25th June 2011, 05:42 PM
I always want to be drunk, but lately when I get halfway there I'm just like "man I'm just too tired tonight, maybe next time" :( I don't like getting old! yesterday was my half birthday, more than enough reason for a 23.5 year old to get hammered on a friday night, but instead I just passed out sober in bed after work.

mattbcl
26th June 2011, 02:38 AM
I live in such fear of potential alcoholism that I've never had a drop in my life. When people press me for a reason as to why I don't drink, I tell them it's a life choice. One particularly persistent fellow wouldn't stop trying to get me booze until I told him I had chronic persistent hepatitis. He fled like I'd just told him I had AIDS. Guess not everyone's as enlightened as me. But I favored the result, at the very least.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
26th June 2011, 06:01 AM
Well, much like England our country is infested with bars and pubs. Drinking here is really common, so most people don't actually go out to get shitfaced, mostly for a beer or four.

As for me, same scenario, although drinking four beers every day is probably considered alcoholism according to the definition. Still, as long as it's socially accepted then most people won't care about it.

Dark-San
1st July 2011, 07:43 AM
It is better if you don't get yourself over-intoxicated with alcohol. Unless you don't mind crawling out of the bed in the morning with migraines, painfully searching around your apartment and looking for aspirins... Did that once and I never did it again after that one time... >.>;

Master Rudy
1st July 2011, 08:09 AM
Call me weird but I've never found getting drunk to be a fun experience. I think it sucks. I learned my lesson after getting plasted just once back around May of 2008. Sadly however I wound up at the bottom of a bottle for awhile in 2009 when I fucked up my relationship with Bran.

Nowadays heavy drinking for me is if I drink more than a shot of rum in a month....no lie. Aside from a shot of Captain Morgan that I kept on my computer desk for the occassional Rum and Coke (with a 1/4-1/2 a shot of rum :P) I simply do not drink. In two years the most I've done as far as drinking has gone was a night out with friends from work the week before my 25th birthday. All I had was two straight shots of rum and a Rum and Coke. Then I pissed my friends off by refusing to drive for about an hour since I was feeling slightly tipsy :P

Bottom line? Bars aren't going to get rich off of me ^_~

RedStarWarrior
2nd July 2011, 12:58 PM
I never get hangovers, so I love me some drink.

abunaidesu
5th July 2011, 11:58 PM
i haven't had alcohol in months, didn't even consume it on my birthday this year.