PDA

View Full Version : Little Things You Enjoy

Shadow Wolf
4th July 2011, 08:36 PM
Hey guys! Hey girls! Hope you're al doing well!

I as watching Zombieland (funny movie, BTW). One of those messages of the movie is an advice that we remember every now and then, but when we do, we sit down and think about it. So I wanted to share it with you guys:

Rule #32: Enjoy the little things!
So yeah, what are those little things that you enjoy?

-In my case, I enjoy playing board games with my family. I feel like is one of those few times where we set aside our problems to just relax and enjoy a game.

-Another one is taking a stroll around town. People might think I'm crazy (since temperature here in the day is usually over 95 degrees Fahrenheit), but i find it nice to just walk without no destination, just seeing what's new, what I haven't seen and just look around.

-Finally, well... everyone might feel the same on this one, but I like to enjoy the times I could help someone. Even if it was as little as saying something that made them feel better, the fact that I could make them smile, at least for a while, is something that I find glad to enjoy.

Well, those are some of those little things that I enjoy. how about you? What are those little things that you enjoy?

classy_cat18
4th July 2011, 08:50 PM
Coca-Cola. In a cup with ice. In a cold, cold can or bottle. In a mug with vanilla ice cream. Sometimes Coke to me is what Twinkies are to Tallahassee.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
4th July 2011, 11:33 PM
Beign close to a beautiful girl. Actually kinda big thing to me.

Magmar
5th July 2011, 08:01 AM
I enjoy when my grandmother leaves me a voicemail. It's like a little piece of her that I can have with me, like a talking hallmark card that goes "it's graaaaandma, gimme a cawllllll when ya gidda chance ba bye" because of our crazy rhode island accents. It's really precious!

Deadwood_Zen
5th July 2011, 01:18 PM
Dr. Pepper and 5 Gum. 5 Gum are my cigarettes and both make everything a bit easier to deal. If someone wants a favour from me, normally they ask after buying me a Dr. Pepper. It works ;]

Otherwise, a day home alone with just the dogs, AMAZING music and internet are the days I live for. Warped Tour '11 CD is playing in the other room <3<3<3<3

Toucan Sundae
5th July 2011, 01:31 PM
Morning wood.

Generally, if it's hot, a cool breeze while I'm trying to get to sleep. Or, because where I live is very hilly, I can be found to just be a douche and stare at the view for a while, smiling.

Telume
5th July 2011, 06:08 PM
I actually enjoy helping people with the little computer problems they have, just not as a T.S. agent.

Fett One
5th July 2011, 07:36 PM
During the summer I like eating a soft pretzel with mustard while drinking a glass of ice tea.

Blademaster
5th July 2011, 07:44 PM
I actually enjoy helping people with the little computer problems they have, just not as a T.S. agent.

I can attest to this.

As for little things I enjoy... Life.

Mine? Nah, my life is probably a waste of energy. But that little frog in the dirt next to the lake? The big-ass moth flitting around in the bathroom? Those chipmunks that live in a golf hole in our front lawn?

Yeah, fuck whatever you're saying or doing. Those precious little critters have my attention first and foremost. They need someone to look out for 'em.

Deadwood_Zen
5th July 2011, 11:25 PM
As for little things I enjoy... Life.

Mine? Nah, my life is probably a waste of energy. But that little frog in the dirt next to the lake? The big-ass moth flitting around in the bathroom? Those chipmunks that live in a golf hole in our front lawn?

Yeah, fuck whatever you're saying or doing. Those precious little critters have my attention first and foremost. They need someone to look out for 'em.
And here I was thinking that Blademaster was a complete asshole ;]

abunaidesu
5th July 2011, 11:56 PM
when someone asks me how my day is going

little things go a long way :)

mattbcl
6th July 2011, 01:46 AM
Eating ice cream on a summer evening. It's just the right thing to do.

(Pictures of the following tl;dr tale can be found on my Facebook account, for anyone who's friends with me!)

This evening, my "little thing" wasn't quite so little. My girlfriend and I hit up a local soft serve ice cream shack called King Kone, where their "Kiddie" size would probably be called a "Large" by most other stores, and their "Large" size stands a good 24" above the cone (or cup). Most people in line were ordering Kiddie - it was a hell of a thing to see grown men asking for it. But they had a to-scale display showing exactly how big they make these things when ordered, so it wasn't like they were holding out and keeping it a surprise.

Nevertheless, I mostly ignored the sign because I wanted the ice cream we'd traveled a good half hour to acquire. When we approached the window, my girlfriend ordered a Small cup, but I ordered a Large hot fudge/butterscotch sundae without really thinking. The employee looked at me quite seriously and said, "You know how big a Large is, right?" I looked to my girlfriend, who had a look on her face that said, My boyfriend has gone completely mental. Well, of course, that look set me on edge and made me feel I had to prove my manliness, so I squared my shoulders and said, "Yeah, bring it on," hoping I wasn't literally about to bite off more than I could chew.

They got her order out right away. They spent about 5 minutes concocting mine; she muttered, "Those poor people back there." What they handed me was something I could hardly describe - this hulking 2 lb. monstrosity was barely contained within what looked less like a "cup" and more like a Jell-O mold. The skyscraper of ice cream in the center was topped off with two floors of whipped cream. I think they put the cherry on top in lieu of a middle finger. My girlfriend insisted she get a picture of this creature. I stand 6'5", but this phenomenon was half my torso. People in line were staring at me like I was exactly as crazy as my girlfriend thought I was. I'm pretty sure some old woman went into a momentary diabetic coma just from looking at it.

We sat down. She had all sorts of adjectives to describe my mental status. She'd never seen anyone order a Large sundae before, and she'd seen greater men than I balk halfway through Medium cups. She also got on my case about ordering two pounds of vanilla ice cream for the concoction, saying that if I was going to get that much, I could at least have ordered a different flavor. I reasoned that by the time the hot fudge and butterscotch did their job of mixing in, the flavor wouldn't be vanilla anyway.

Let's keep in mind, here, that she and I had one hour previously filled ourselves to the brim on Italian food from Olive Garden, so much so that we'd declined dessert. I was still digesting chicken & gnocchi soup when I started in on this thing. Honestly didn't think I'd get even halfway through it. But then a couple of about our same age sat down next to us - and the guy had a Large sundae too. I gave him an air high-five (*dork*) and we dove in.

Mine was done in 15 minutes - the exact same amount of time it took my girlfriend to complete half of her Small cup. By the time she was done, so was the other guy.

Her descriptions of my mental status have not improved. She had a few words for his, too.

But still... ice cream on a summer evening! What could be better?

Blademaster
6th July 2011, 02:41 PM
And here I was thinking that Blademaster was a complete asshole ;]

Go fellate a cactus, human scum.

Becky
6th July 2011, 07:12 PM
I love Red Mango yogurt in the summer. Reading good books and fanfics, and making a cup of espresso in the morning. Sketching on my iPad.

I've lately been having my favorite cereal almost every day for breakfast and haven't gotten tired of it- Kashi Strawberry Fields. Delicious! :)

classy_cat18
6th July 2011, 07:54 PM
Go fellate a cactus, human scum.

Yeah, makes perfect sense for Blademaster to love little animals but hate humanity.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
6th July 2011, 11:24 PM
I think he was refering to Deadwood_Zen's vegetarian ideology.

shazza
7th July 2011, 04:39 AM
A sky perfect blue. The smell of flowers when spring comes. Fireplaces in winter. Swimming in summer. Ideas and humor. Board game nights. Beers and barbecues with friends. Hearing my dad play the piano. Life.

Deadwood_Zen
7th July 2011, 10:42 PM
Whoa. He knew this even before I posted the "Bat Beating?"" thread(give me 5 minutes). Props! :DD #mademyday

Blademaster
8th July 2011, 02:03 PM

He's a vegetarian?

Cynder
8th July 2011, 02:23 PM
Sitting in the conservatory when it's raining and hearing the rain on the roof. :3 That, or watching my pet rabbits play in the garden. Little cuties :3

woz
8th July 2011, 04:16 PM
honesty

Deadwood_Zen
8th July 2011, 06:08 PM
He's a vegetarian?
Yup, 6 years now. I think the only reason he knew that was that my old Facebook avatar(until a few days ago) was the logo for "Meat Sucks".

Thinking of going a selective vegan(just avoiding most store-bought stuff and buying local) since corporate cows and chickens aren't even treated like living creatures. Milking the cow and eating NON-fertilized eggs don't hurt anything(NOT milking a cow is bad), but I just want to avoid knowing that some cow or chicken is suffering so I can have cereal and an omelet.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
9th July 2011, 12:44 AM
Nope, it wasn't the only reason why I knew that. You have given clues earlier at TPM, too.

Deadwood_Zen
9th July 2011, 02:46 PM
Nope, it wasn't the only reason why I knew that. You have given clues earlier at TPM, too.
Really? O: I never noticed x3

abunaidesu
10th July 2011, 01:32 AM
but I just want to avoid knowing that some cow or chicken is suffering so I can have cereal and an omelet.

It's alright, the immigrants who pick your vegetables won't complain.

Deadwood_Zen
10th July 2011, 03:04 AM
It's alright, the immigrants who pick your vegetables won't complain.
We mostly buy local, which although there's still immigrants, at least they're getting paid and are treated somewhat like living beings.

woz
10th July 2011, 10:42 AM
at least they're getting paid and are treated somewhat like living beings.

lmao