PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Magmar!

Deadwood_Zen
5th July 2011, 02:22 AM
Whoa! It's yo' birthday! Have an awesome day, full of friends, family, and- arguably most importantly- nomnomz! :DD

Toucan Sundae
5th July 2011, 02:26 AM
Whoa, yeah, dood, happy birthday

Mikachu Yukitatsu
5th July 2011, 04:18 AM
Happy Happy Birthday Magmar!

Telume
5th July 2011, 08:04 AM
Happy Birthday!

Blademaster
5th July 2011, 06:59 PM
:126: :126: :126: :126: :126: :126: :126: :126: :126: :126: :126: :126: :126: :126: :126: :126: :126: :126: :126: :126:

Fett One
5th July 2011, 07:33 PM
Happy Birthday

Jeff
5th July 2011, 07:37 PM
:birthday: :126:

Magmar
6th July 2011, 12:48 AM
Thanks all :) Today was a pretty good day. I'll be a bit honest (and drunk) and just fill ya'll in--my grandfather passed away Sunday so it's been a rough couple of days. I learned all my family history from his obituary just last night, and had pretty much an existential crisis in finding out my whole life has been basically a lie. And so I have a bit of new confidence, in getting to know my grandfather and my family history, albeit through his death. I learned that I have a whole lot in common with my late grandfather and I am honestly more pissed than anything that my family kept me estranged from him. So thanks Grampa for the inspiration, and I wish I got to know you.

Blademaster
6th July 2011, 02:39 PM
A lie?

Mind if we ask?

Deadwood_Zen
7th July 2011, 10:38 PM
Wait, what happened? Sorry if this seems too intruding on your personal life.

Magmar
11th July 2011, 06:27 PM
It's alright guys, sorry for my absence. I found out where my family is really from, what my grandparents actually did with their lives, and about all sorts of aunts, uncles and cousins that I was under the impression did not exist. I found out where I come from, why my name is what it is, and just how much I have in common with a man who would have been so proud to see me graduate. He was a business major, like me... and very heavily involved in the community and all sorts of committees and task forces, again like me. He was his class president, and I was a class officer as well. He was a WWII vet, which I find fascinating. He was a speaker, as was I, only he had a gavel, which is now mine. My family started a town on the beach in Cape Cod in the 1600s which is still standing and inhabited by tons of distant relatives of mine. I went to a graveyard full of relatives that I never was allowed to meet because my parents are controlling outcasts. I saw my family name and my initials on dozens upon dozens of tombstones. Grampa had a sweet beard and I got to attend my first military funeral. In short, I was very inspired through his death. There is a place where I fit in. There is somewhere I can go that would really be a home.

Deadwood_Zen
11th July 2011, 08:32 PM
Wow. I can't believe your parents would do that to you, not that I can't say I can relate. I'm sorry you had to find out about this so late, and after his unfortunate passing away. Just be glad that you know now, and found a place like that.

Magmar
13th July 2011, 09:47 AM
Yeah, the hardest part is that I lived all my life without a man who could have truly been a role model for me, seeing as how I chose to live my life on a very similar path. If I had this kind of inspiration, I could have done much better so far, but it's not too late to pick up the slack today.

Deadwood_Zen
13th July 2011, 07:57 PM
Well, even without that kind of a role model, you still turned out great. I may not know you quite as well as other members, but I see nothing wrong with you as a person, and you're a great guy. Although it is sad, you still turned out well, no?

shazza
14th July 2011, 03:30 AM
Wow, that's crazy. Make the most of this new found insight.