PDA

View Full Version : The art of trolling

mymyilikepie
7th July 2011, 09:49 AM
Oh My God! I got something featured on The art of trolling! I swear that is me!

http://artoftrolling.memebase.com/page/2/
It's the one about Tentacool!

Here's a direct link: http://cheezburger.com/mymyilikepie/lolz/View/4933048064
So I was wondering... Do you guys like The art of trolling? Have you ever submitted stuff? If so did it get featured? And what is your favorite?

Bear
7th July 2011, 12:31 PM
1) the tentacool one isn't in the first link
2) it's not that funny =/
3) Happy 65th post?
4) trollface.jpg

kurai
7th July 2011, 02:06 PM
it is more like the fart of trolling
didn't read past title

woz
7th July 2011, 02:21 PM
cheez burger

Lady Vulpix
7th July 2011, 02:47 PM
NO.

Knight of Time
7th July 2011, 05:11 PM
No way, after all the trolling that happened here several days ago, I hope TPM never has another trolling problem, as I'll be ready to help put the troller(s) out of business here.

Bear
7th July 2011, 06:13 PM
wouldn't "troller" just be "troll"? I mean if we're going on a Crusade let's at least use proper english!

Knight of Time
7th July 2011, 06:19 PM
'facepalms himself in embarrassment'

Troll, troller...does it really make a difference?

I guess removing the "er" is the only way to truly make a difference here...

Hopefully this will be the last time when I feel "owned" on here.

Drago
7th July 2011, 06:20 PM
Never heard of the site and not impressed with trolling as a whole. My beef with trolling is that saying something simply for the sake of pissing people off is too easy.

Me personally, I'm an asshole, and I'd rather piss people off in the process of making a point. Much more noble cause.

mymyilikepie
7th July 2011, 07:50 PM
okay... sorry?

DarkestLight
7th July 2011, 09:14 PM
Me personally, I'm an asshole, and I'd rather piss people off in the process of making a point. Much more noble cause.

Only trolls say that :/

Bear
7th July 2011, 10:08 PM
'facepalms himself in embarrassment'

Troll, troller...does it really make a difference?

I guess removing the "er" is the only way to truly make a difference here...

Hopefully this will be the last time when I feel "owned" on here.

I just trolled you XD

Zak
7th July 2011, 10:34 PM
Never heard of the site and not impressed with trolling as a whole. My beef with trolling is that saying something simply for the sake of pissing people off is too easy.

There are occasions of trolling which could potentially involve making a point as well. Trolling isn't always pointless.

Like if someone's posting to mock or make fun of the original poster who unintentionally made a stupid thread, they are trolling. But at the same time they're trying to tell the OP that, thus they are making a point. Especially if the OP really was a dumbass. But they are still trolling.

And for the record, dare I admit I found that site rather entertaining... but I couldn't find this said Tentacool post.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
8th July 2011, 04:20 AM
wouldn't "troller" just be "troll"? I mean if we're going on a Crusade let's at least use proper english!

Hehe, I read somewhere that it comes from a Swedish fishing term or something, not the English word 'troll', like those creatures in forests and such. But perhaps that's just Nordic Countries desperately trying to make people believe they made something up.

mymyilikepie
8th July 2011, 06:38 AM
...You guys are really turning trolling into an art. So it's THE ART OF TROLLING

*Lame comedy drum sound effects

Little_Pikachu
8th July 2011, 01:54 PM
Being an idiot in a chat room and having someone shrug it off 2 seconds later... Is that what trolling is? I thought it was meant to be funny.

Blademaster
8th July 2011, 02:25 PM
http://www.reece-eu.net/gallery/var/albums/funny/ak-yall-niggas-postin-in-a-troll-thread.jpg?m=1272639093

mymyilikepie
8th July 2011, 03:08 PM
Being an idiot in a chat room and having someone shrug it off 2 seconds later... Is that what trolling is? I thought it was meant to be funny.
I thought it was funny...

Drago
8th July 2011, 08:23 PM
I'd surmise that practically every second post in this thread is trolling. :heh:

Mikachu Yukitatsu
9th July 2011, 12:35 AM
Hey DragoKnight, could you move this to FanArt?

Dark-San
9th July 2011, 01:13 AM
Only idiots troll. Of all the time in the world, you have to waste them on trolling a forum and messed the topics up. Whether it is for revenge or for the pure entertainment, this time could be better spent else where.

mymyilikepie
9th July 2011, 04:56 AM
Only idiots troll. Of all the time in the world, you have to waste them on trolling a forum and messed the topics up. Whether it is for revenge or for the pure entertainment, this time could be better spent else where.

Thanks...

Telume
9th July 2011, 12:05 PM
DgqzE5M5trM

Blademaster
9th July 2011, 03:10 PM

You sound mad bro.

Why you mad?

Leon-IH
10th July 2011, 06:52 PM
You sound mad bro.

Why you mad?

http://chan.geekosphere.org/d/38426-1/Cant-tell-if-trolling-or-just-very-stupid.jpg

Zak
10th July 2011, 11:27 PM
Trolling = being provocative on the internet. That's all it means, it isn't meant to be funny, just a lot of the time it does happen to be, depending on the situation.

Pretty sure that website is for submitting trolls that they happened to find funny, not just any trolls.

Blademaster
11th July 2011, 04:49 PM
http://chan.geekosphere.org/d/38426-1/Cant-tell-if-trolling-or-just-very-stupid.jpg

http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/meh.ro7098.jpg

Katie
17th July 2011, 09:36 AM
that whole site is just not funny :/

Magmar
17th July 2011, 10:59 AM
I trolled Omegle a couple of times and found it kind of funny, because the couple of people that we (yes a couple drunk friends and I pregaming before a party) had interacted with found our antics pretty funny. I was playing guitar and singing a song basically mocking the country of Turkey. I guess you go on Omegle to be trolled.

The other time we were under the influence of something not quite legal, and I posted something on here once about a conversation we had that night. Something about an imprisoned geisha wanting to be saved by a knight in shining armor, and some guy from India totally bought it.

It was a cheap laugh but it's not a very fun hobby. Everyone should give it a college try though.

Blademaster
17th July 2011, 05:08 PM
I remember a few years back when I would go on there and try to bait pedos and then pose as FBI/cop.

It was sadly as successful as you'd guess it was.

Drago
17th July 2011, 06:59 PM
I remember a few years back when I would go on there and try to bait pedos and then pose as FBI/cop.

It was sadly as successful as you'd guess it was.
Thanks to you I can't go to playgrounds anymore. :(

Blademaster
18th July 2011, 01:47 PM
Move to America then. You'll fit right in.

Seriously, everybody in this country over the age of 17 is TERRIFIED to be near kids because all the kid has to do is say one word and BAM, you're labelled as a pedo for life, the court bleeds every penny you own from you, and even if you DO manage to stay out of jail, your reputation is ruined forever.

ChobiChibi
18th July 2011, 03:54 PM
I know a 23 year old guy going out with a 16 year old girl. It's just weird. Thing is, this guy is right under the girl's thumb. But no one bats an eyelid over here, people just think it's a bit creepy O_o